• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: "Pokemon Generations" anime shorts. (Article in thread OP)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMzwcIG8vgk

The new animated series Pokémon Generations revisits each generation of the Pokémon video game series to shed new light on some timeless moments. From the earliest days in the Kanto region to the splendor of the Kalos region, go behind the scenes and witness Pokémon history with new eyes!

These bite-sized adventures, about 3 to 5 minutes long, will be released every week through December 23, 2016
    "Pokemon Generations" anime shorts. (Article in thread OP)

CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ARTICLE FOR MORE INFO!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: Z25

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Wonder if this will take us up to the release of the first few episodes of the dubbed anime in the US for Alola.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I wanna be hyped, I really really do...

But...

Red fighting Noivern? So it's confirmed it's all through Red's perspective...

Red is great, I get that. But I'm sorry, the gen 5 (BW) story needs to utilize its own protagonists. That was one of the biggest parts of the premise: that the protagonists were "chosen ones," not just some random kid who happened to cross paths with Team Plasma now and then (that was in B2W2, but considering I see N in the promo image and he's way more important to BW...).

Even though the episodes are super short, it's a really cool way to give some spotlight to the other gens' stories since Origins never went past gen 1. But seeing this... it looks like it's gonna just be more gen 1-pandering; I wouldn't be surprised if the gen 1 "story" got most of the focus, and only 1 episode for each other gen, featuring Red and his gen 1 team throughout the whole thing...

Please prove me wrong, TPC. Please, please prove me wrong. We already got Origins and it was great, we do not need another gen 1-centric anime... I really want them to take advantage of this to actually give some spotlight to the other gens since they never, ever get it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I wanna be hyped, I really really do...

But...

Red fighting Noivern? So it's confirmed it's all through Red's perspective...

Red is great, I get that. But I'm sorry, the gen 5 (BW) story needs to utilize its own protagonists. That was one of the biggest parts of the premise: that the protagonists were "chosen ones," not just some random kid who happened to cross paths with Team Plasma now and then (that was in B2W2, but considering I see N in the promo image and he's way more important to BW...).

Even though the episodes are super short, it's a really cool way to give some spotlight to the other gens' stories since Origins never went past gen 1. But seeing this... it looks like it's gonna just be more gen 1-pandering; I wouldn't be surprised if the gen 1 "story" got most of the focus, and only 1 episode for each other gen, featuring Red and his gen 1 team throughout the whole thing...

Please prove me wrong, TPC. Please, please prove me wrong. We already got Origins and it was great, we do not need another gen 1-centric anime... I really want them to take advantage of this to actually give some spotlight to the other gens since they never, ever get it.

I feel you. I think that the rest of the gens deserve more love as well..

Years
  • This looks super cool, it'll be really good to see some classic moments from each generation animated. But, I agree with what Rivvon says, it should be through the perspective of the protagonist from each generation as even in the manga they were the ones that traveled the region and experienced these moments. Red is great and I like him as a character but I would prefer it if it was from the other character's perspectives. Nevertheless, I'm sure this will be a great series!

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Right? And I know everyone loves Red, but it would have been so cool to see the other protagonists take the leading role, too, especially some of the female ones.

I wonder what's gonna be Red's excuse for traveling through 6 regions

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I wonder what's gonna be Red's excuse for traveling through 6 regions

Yeah. It's a shame, wouldn't it have been cool if gen 2's segment featured Ethan/Kris(/Lyra) and you got to see them face off against Red in Mt. Silver? That seems like such a defining moment in the gen 2 games...

Maybe in this weird universe he only goes to Kalos and the other gens use their own protagonists? He'd still need some sort of reason to go but... Hmm...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Yeah. It's a shame, wouldn't it have been cool if gen 2's segment featured Ethan/Kris(/Lyra) and you got to see them face off against Red in Mt. Silver? That seems like such a defining moment in the gen 2 games...

Maybe in this weird universe he only goes to Kalos and the other gens use their own protagonists? He'd still need some sort of reason to go but... Hmm...

I hope you're right but I doubt it's true unfortunately.
    I think that each gen should use his own protagonists too since it would give more game vibes

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I hope you're right but I doubt it's true unfortunately.
    I think that each gen should use his own protagonists too since it would give more game vibes

I saw someone elsewhere point out that they showed what appears to be Blue defeating Lance so one of the "new perspectives" could be that, an episode showing Blue going through the League before Red gets there.

BulbaNews also posted some gorgeous concept art of a lot of gen 5 stuff so... I don't want to get my hopes up but maybe, just maybe, we'll get to see the other gens through perspectives that don't involve the protagonist at all, removing the need for Red and removing the chance for him to steal the spotlight (such as, gen 5 through the eyes of Team Plasma??!)

A small thing: the splash image looks like N has gray eyes--yay! If he has Reshiram I won't complain, but since he had Reshiram in the anime already I kind of hope he has Zekrom this time. I have my fingers crossed!

And here's Relic Castle (I mean, I can't imagine where else it would be, it's got the sand pitfalls!):
    Spoiler:

And Dork Husband Prof. Sycamore:
    Spoiler:

From BulbaNews Twitter; they have some concepts of N(!!!!!!!!!!! <3 ) and Team Plasma Grunts, too!

They should compile the concept art into an art book, I'd buy it!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • This is interesting, but I think it would have been nice to have a new character go through all the regions and meet the Game/Manga characters. This explains the TCG called Generations though.

Apparently the first 2 come out on September 16th, so get hyped for that. And I guess they plan to end it right before Christmas. I wonder if it will be a Christmas Special. Would be a great ending. Looks like it is the continuation of Origins though, which I am happy about.

Looks like there will be about 3 episodes per region.

I just don't understand why they don't make this an anime along side Ash's anime. Or if not an anime, then movies.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I saw someone elsewhere point out that they showed what appears to be Blue defeating Lance so one of the "new perspectives" could be that, an episode showing Blue going through the League before Red gets there.

BulbaNews also posted some gorgeous concept art of a lot of gen 5 stuff so... I don't want to get my hopes up but maybe, just maybe, we'll get to see the other gens through perspectives that don't involve the protagonist at all, removing the need for Red and removing the chance for him to steal the spotlight (such as, gen 5 through the eyes of Team Plasma??!)

A small thing: the splash image looks like N has gray eyes--yay! If he has Reshiram I won't complain, but since he had Reshiram in the anime already I kind of hope he has Zekrom this time. I have my fingers crossed!

And here's Relic Castle (I mean, I can't imagine where else it would be, it's got the sand pitfalls!):
    Spoiler:

And Dork Husband Prof. Sycamore:
    Spoiler:

From BulbaNews Twitter; they have some concepts of N(!!!!!!!!!!! <3 ) and Team Plasma Grunts, too!

They should compile the concept art into an art book, I'd buy it!
    Omg it looks AMAZING <3
    Thanks

Years
  • I am so pissed the 5th Gen protagonists got shafted in favor of N. That said, I didn't expect this series to happen but I guess it could be a way for viewers to have something to watch before the dub Season 20 (aka first Sun & Moon dubbed season) to air in the US.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • You also see Red facing Zygarde 100%. I have to also wonder why they are giving red all this spot light. I wonder if they are possibly hyping an all in one game that starts in Kanto and goes to Kalos? I doubt it, but I am not sure why else they would choose Red. But it could be that game that comes out on NX after within the first 6 months or so.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2016
    Its not just the gen 5 protagonists that have gotten the shaft. Silver from the gen 2 games has also gotten the animated shaft, with his only onscreen appearance being in the opening of that Legend of Thunder special. Trenchcoat Giovanni gives me hope Silver will get some spot light. He's arguably the most well developed rival from the games, so he deserves better. I'd also apply that to Wally as well.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I really hope they keep Red's voice actor. He is by far one of my favorite voice actors in all of Anime, although he has been in a ton of new dubbed animes.

I couldn't tell if Blue had the same voice actor. Just started rewatching Origins, as they added it to Youtube as well a few days ago.

As for 5th gen, I would at least like to see White. She has been shafted too much and to me, has probably the best design out of every pokemon character I have seen. I don't mind if Black doesn't show up. As Red and Black are basically the exact same in personality wise. But I see why so many would be mad at this.

Last edited:
    Back