• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Giratina's Legend | 07-01-24

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
  • Of course!
    To patch the ROM you need to use the Tsukuyomi UPS tool, available at the following link:
    https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/519/
    Then you will need to download a POKEMON RUBY (USA) rom and expand it to 32MB using the XSE tool.
    To do this, drag the rom to the xse interface and click CTRL+R, then click on "expand" button.
    Finally, apply the patch with Tsukuyomi!

Thank you so much!

After several months, i announce that new version 0.6 of the alpha is available.
    Unlike the previous alpha updates, which were limited to correcting the bugs of the previous roms, this new version introduces several new features:
    - Physical/Special Split has been added
    - Weather conditions have been added
    - All Battlegrounds have been changed
    - Some bugs reported to me in previous messages have been fixed
    - New tile graphics, both internal and external
    - New tile animations
    - New event, which will be released in a couple of weeks
    This is some new screen:
    WCFbrSh.png
    In order to download the new version of the rom, click on this link:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/nlb1swovfbr659m/Pok%E9mon_Giratina%27s_Legend_-_Alpha_0.60.rar/file

I say this a lot but you should try making an English version so more people will enjoy your hack or get a translator. Good luck with the hack.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    thank you very much for the new update ...
    Can you continue in the new version with my previous game? the file gives me unknown or damaged format, do you know why it is?
    Since i wasn't sure about the compatibility of save files with previous versions, since i changed some things (ram offset, ect...), i did some tests.
    I used a rom of June 26th (I think it was version 0.52) and i save the game in front of the pokémon center in the second city.
    Later, i replaced the ROM with the version released a few days ago and everything works perfectly.
    Could you post an image of the error that is shown to you?

I say this a lot but you should try making an English version so more people will enjoy your hack or get a translator. Good luck with the hack.
    I agree with you.
    An English version of the rom would be fantastic, because it would allow many people to be able to appreciate the game even more!
    Since I started working on the project, i've always thought of translating it into English, but there is a big problem: unfortunately, i'm not very good with English.
    I could translate it by myself, but it would come out a version with "macaronic English", full of grammatical errors.
    I should find a person who speaks English willing to translate it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    This is the mistake I was talking about, does it happen when I decompress it?
    honestly, i don't know what is the reason for this error.
    Instead of using winrar, you could use 7zip.
    However, to avoid further problems both to you and to other users, i have directly uploaded the ups file!

Last edited:

Illyasviel

video game hustler
    Years
  • Unfortunately, it seems I wasn't able to play very much, as the screen seems to rapidly flash many times in succession whenever the camera focus is redirected in a scene. It's frequent enough to set off my epilepsy... Is it intentional for it to transition that way?
    Other than that, it looks very good graphically. I did notice the music cuts out sometimes when starting the game, though restarting several times fixed it.

Trainer 766

Honestly, you are doing a fantastic job. I would advise you to put aside any plan for translation as this game still has more development for us to look forward to. While translation is necessary in the rising of the popularity of this hack, it's the game itself that should be priority. Don't worry about translating it now since it's not going to help much with your progress. When the hack gets done and fully completed, there are sure one or two noblemen who would request your permission for a translation.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Unfortunately, it seems I wasn't able to play very much, as the screen seems to rapidly flash many times in succession whenever the camera focus is redirected in a scene. It's frequent enough to set off my epilepsy... Is it intentional for it to transition that way?
    Other than that, it looks very good graphically. I did notice the music cuts out sometimes when starting the game, though restarting several times fixed it.
    I'm really sorry for the "flashes" during game transitions.
    It's a bug I've been carrying since i released the first version of the alpha.
    Fortunately, after several attempts, today i solve it:
    H8ydDfM.gif

The fault was the routine of the seasons that loaded the palettes incorrectly.
    As for music, it's the first time that someone has reported me such a problem.
    If you are referring to the "new game/continue" selection screen, the fact that the music isn't present is wanted!
    In any case, in the next few days i'll upload the correct version of the rom!

Honestly, you are doing a fantastic job. I would advise you to put aside any plan for translation as this game still has more development for us to look forward to. While translation is necessary in the rising of the popularity of this hack, it's the game itself that should be priority. Don't worry about translating it now since it's not going to help much with your progress. When the hack gets done and fully completed, there are sure one or two noblemen who would request your permission for a translation.
    Thank you so much <3

bh02032002

Years
  • Since i wasn't sure about the compatibility of save files with previous versions, since i changed some things (ram offset, ect...), i did some tests.
    I used a rom of June 26th (I think it was version 0.52) and i save the game in front of the pokémon center in the second city.
    Later, i replaced the ROM with the version released a few days ago and everything works perfectly.
    Could you post an image of the error that is shown to you?

I agree with you.
    An English version of the rom would be fantastic, because it would allow many people to be able to appreciate the game even more!
    Since I started working on the project, i've always thought of translating it into English, but there is a big problem: unfortunately, i'm not very good with English.
    I could translate it by myself, but it would come out a version with "macaronic English", full of grammatical errors.
    I should find a person who speaks English willing to translate it.

Ok but if you can't you should try translating it yourself. POKEMON cloud white had horrible grammar but I still enjoyed it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Ok but if you can't you should try translating it yourself. POKEMON cloud white had horrible grammar but I still enjoyed it.
    I understand your point of view, but i've a certain kind of approach to what I do: rather than translating a hack roughly and botched, i prefer not to publish it.

I take advantage of the message, to tell you that the version 0.61 of the alpha is available.
    Below, i report the news:
    - Fixed some mapping errors and allowed movements
    - Fixed the problem of "flashes" during warp and fadescreen
    - Added the seasonal pokémon, a particular species of pokémon that will appear in the tall grass more frequently only in a certain season
    As usual, to download the new version of the rom, you must click on the banner in the main post!

Last edited:

bh02032002

Years
  • I understand your point of view, but i've a certain kind of approach to what I do: rather than translating a hack roughly and botched, i prefer not to publish it.

I take advantage of the message, to tell you that the version 0.61 of the alpha is available.
    Below, i report the news:
    - Fixed some mapping errors and allowed movements
    - Fixed the problem of "flashes" during warp and fadescreen
    - Added the seasonal pokémon, a particular species of pokémon that will appear in the tall grass more frequently only in a certain season
    As usual, to download the new version of the rom, you must click on the banner in the main post!

Ok I understand. I hope you can find a translator.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    I guess it's just me but I'd prefer if future patches were made for the unexpanded Ruby rom.
    Unfortunately it's necessary that the rom is expanded, since it contains data in some offset that are greater than 16MB!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2022
    Unfortunately it's necessary that the rom is expanded, since it contains data in some offset that are greater than 16MB!

Yes, I understand but you can actually create a patch against anything. Heck, even a FireRed rom in your case - just the patch file will be pretty huge.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024

A little spooky event

From today midnight(10/30/19) until tomorrow midnight (10/31/19) ghost-type Pokémon, normally visible only at night, will invade the entire Shinzo region.
    In fact, you can meet them in wild encounters all day long.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2020
    the evolutions to which pokemon game correspond? ... by the way I could not patch with the new version, what software do you use to patch and what version is good to patch?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    the evolutions to which pokemon game correspond? ... by the way I could not patch with the new version, what software do you use to patch and what version is good to patch?
    To patch the ROM you need to use the Tsukuyomi UPS tool, available at the following link:
    https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/519/
    I used this version to create the patch!
    Then you will need to download a POKEMON RUBY (USA, version 1.0) and expand it to 32MB using the XSE tool.
    After that, you can apply the patch!

Leith92

Pokemon Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    This Game looks awesome, Can't wait to play it :D.

I couldn't find anywhere saying the progress of the ROM Hack, how many gyms is the current version up to?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    This Game looks awesome, Can't wait to play it :D.

I couldn't find anywhere saying the progress of the ROM Hack, how many gyms is the current version up to?
    Thank you <3
    Currently, the actual version of the game contains the only the first gym.
    In the new beta of the game there will certainly be the second gym and maybe even the third.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    [CSS-DIV="float: left; width: 600px;"]

Good morning everyone and happy holidays!
    Like Santa Claus, today i would like to bring you a gift: a small update.
    The first thing I want to tell you is that with the arrival of winter, delibird and smoochum can be found in tall wild grass.
    [/CSS-DIV]
    [CSS-DIV=""]
    200px-Artwork225.png
    200px-Artwork238.png

[/CSS-DIV]
    During this period, most of the time I had available to move forward with the project was devoted almost entirely to the development of new maps.
    Among those that have been completed, there are two that i would like to share with you today.
    The first is a portion of the Origin Cave, an agglomeration of caves and tunnels that extend throughout the region:
    https://www.deviantart.com/ghha90/art/Pokemon-Giratina-s-Legend-Origin-Cave-Map-821108569
    The second map, a little more particular, is the inside of the MooMoo farm:
    https://www.deviantart.com/ghha90/art/Mumu-Farm-INDOOR-817672091
    Part of the work was also dedicated to the compatibility of the old maps with the "seasons", such as Blufalls City and the adjacent routes.
    5Kslunz.png

Remaining always in the "compatibility" sphere, the compatibility of the rom with the real hardware has been restored.
    In other words, if you have a GBA flashcard, you can play the rom on a physical console.
    Finally, i would like to say goodbye with a small implementation that i reveald a couple of weeks ago:

It is an IV/EV "viewer" of our pokémon team.
    You can find this new menu instead of the MAILBOX, inside the pokémon center PC.
    Hoping that you enjoyed these news, i wish you a merry Christmas and see you at the next update.

Murderlinez3

Shiny Scyther
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2022
    Dear Andrea,

I wish you also a happy new year and a good start for 2020. I hope your hack will be released next year, it is great :)

Let the fireworks fly today.!:S

Back