• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Giratina's Legend | 07-01-24

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Dear Andrea,

I wish you also a happy new year and a good start for 2020. I hope your hack will be released next year, it is great :)

Let the fireworks fly today.!:S
    Thank you so much!

How do I get the updates? and are giratina legend updates?
    For the moment, the latest updates are not present in the downloadable patch from the thread.
    Probably, in the coming weeks a new version of the patch will be released with the news that has been announced in the last period!

Hello everyone and welcome to the first update of the year.
    The first news of today is that with the arrival of spring, hoppip and bellsprout they can be found in tall grass.
    Now let's move on to the real news.

1. Bug Fix
    During this period, I tried to solve some problems that were already known and that were reported to me several months ago:
    - After several attempts, i can finally announce that the fadescreen are now working on the versions of the VBA higher than 1.7.2.
    - Fixed issue related to drop in battle statistics:
    Dql48dU.png

- Finally, an issue related to 2 VS 2 battle with the recruits has been resolved, which caused the game to freeze

2. New Menus
    In parallel with the bug fix, i developed new menus:
    cjujGTR.gif
    EwA6sJ9.gif
    Xe7nTGO.gif

- The first menu is the bag menu, whose interface, taken in part from one that create Slawter, was made entirely by Emme97
    - The second menu is the pokedex menu, whose graphic style was taken from that of BW.
    - The third and last menu, taken from the one developed by Againsts, is the summary screen for viewing the information of the members of your team.

3. Secret Gift
    Another new feature recently introduced concerns the secret gift.
    From now on, this functionality will be available in the start menu and, once unlocked, will replace the option to close the menu:
    1dxpwzK.png

In addition, the animation of receiving gifts has been updated:
    YlPPtv8.gif

4. Object
    The latest implementation that i would like to show you, initially developed for FR/EMERALD, is the appearance of an object icon when it is obtained:
    3ro2Eeo.png

Finally, i wanted to warn you that i'm continuing the development of new maps, before dedicating completely to the scripts.
    That said, see you in the next update.

Years
    • Seen today
    I was losing my mind untiiiiiiiiil new receiving gift update gif... Man, why don't you do it in English? :( Anyways gj on the update!

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2022
    The level of detail of this project is oustanding!
    I really like how the interfaces of the menus have designed and the graphics used in them.

I can't wait to see how this hack will look in the next updates! :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    I was losing my mind untiiiiiiiiil new receiving gift update gif... Man, why don't you do it in English? :( Anyways gj on the update!
    Thanks a lot for the compliments!
    Some time ago another user asked me the same question.
    Unfortunately my English's knowledge is bad and i don't want to release a ROM whose grammar is botched...

The level of detail of this project is oustanding!
    I really like how the interfaces of the menus have designed and the graphics used in them.

I can't wait to see how this hack will look in the next updates! :D
    Thanks a lot for the compliments, i'm glad you like it!

I announce that the new version 0.7 of the alpha is available.
    This new version introduces all the news that have been announced in the last update.
    To download it, click on the banner in the main post!

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks a lot for the compliments!
    Some time ago another user asked me the same question.
    Unfortunately my English's knowledge is bad and i don't want to release a ROM whose grammar is botched...

Thanks a lot for the compliments, i'm glad you like it!

I announce that the new version 0.7 of the alpha is available.
    This new version introduces all the news that have been announced in the last update.
    To download it, click on the banner in the main post!

I think only the dialogues are Italian right? Rest of the game like pokemon names, pokedex information, item names etc are English. If so, maybe I can translate the game when I fix my computer using Google Translate, if you give me your permision ofc

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2020
    Hi Andrea, do you know the reason why I am not allowed to patch over the 0.51 GBA version? Will the fact that it is a Spanish version have to do with it?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi Andrea, do you know the reason why I am not allowed to patch over the 0.51 GBA version? Will the fact that it is a Spanish version have to do with it?

And as stated on the OP, you need to patch it on USA version of Ruby, not Spanish. So, yeah it might be connected with the fact that you are trying to patch it on Spanish version.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Hello everyone and welcome to a new update!
    Today is an important "symbolic" day for me, since exactly one year ago the first version of the alpha was released.
    To commemorate this event, i decided to release a new version, the0.7.5, downloadable as usual from the link in the main post.
    In this new version, in addition to correcting some errors:
    Spoiler:

have been introduced many new features!

1. New Battle System
    The first implementation that i would like to show you today is the new battle system that from now on will characterize the battles:

2. New map icons
    The second implementation that i would like to show you concerns the icons that are shown when entering a map.
    From now, each map will have a custom icon:
    YD78L0a.png

Below, i leave you all the icons of the locations that will contain the next beta:
    https://www.deviantart.com/ghha90/art/Pokemon-Giratina-s-Legend-Area-Icons-834206809

3. New indoor tiles
    In this period i decided to work also on the indoor maps, since the old ones no longer satisfied.
    In particular, i decided to adopt a style that harmonized better with what i recently adopted also for external maps.
    This is the new internal map of the player's house:
    iAHFV3f.png

Below, i leave the credits of the tile that i used:
    Spoiler:

4. IV/EV Viewer, again
    Some month ago i showed the new EV/IV Viewer function, which could be used interacting with the Pokémon Center PC.
    However, i noticed that this choice was particularly uncomfortable for players.
    For this reason, i decided to combine this functionality with the summary pokémon menu:
    SgcgGgQ.png

From now, you can view this screen on the fourth page of the menu, right after the moves.

5. New load screen
    The latest implementation I would like to show you today is the new loading screen:
    Sk5f52d.gif

Compared to the previous version, it will show the most important information about saving.

With special exceptions, there will be no alpha updates from now on.
    The new updates will focus exclusively on the events and new maps of the next beta.
    That said, see you in a future update!

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Looks cool, so if the name is GIRATINA, are gen 4 Eeveelutions in this game?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Looks cool, so if the name is GIRATINA, are gen 4 Eeveelutions in this game?
    Thanks so much!
    Yes, I'm planning to add a lot of pokémon from future generations, not just those of IV.
    Already from the next beta there should be many more species!

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Thanks so much!
    Yes, I'm planning to add a lot of pokémon from future generations, not just those of IV.
    Already from the next beta there should be many more species!

1.YW
    2.I take that as an yes (adding your game to Leafeons locations in Gen. 3 romhacks, on an polish Pokemon fanon wiki), i was talking about them https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eeveelution since you aren't a native english man and you might misterstood my message

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    aRRRRAQ.png

This is Neomoor City, the largest city in the region.
    A real metropolis in continuous expansion, frenetic and lively.
    The neon signs, the lights, the shops and the tall buildings give it a futuristic look.​

Obviously, this map takes inspiration from Tokyo.
    In particular, this portion of the map is inspired by the kabukicho neighborhood, whose most important entry point has a large illuminated red arch.
    Below, i leave the credits of tiles that i used:
    Spoiler:

To fully appreciate this map, both day and night, i also decided to publish a short gameplay:

That said, see you in a future update!

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Little update: To improve the atmosphere of the map published in the previous post, i added some animation and details:
    ruykB5v.gif

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Small trailer to show that the development of the project is proceeding quite well:
    Inside the video you can see some unpublished maps, which will be presented with special posts in the coming months.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Good afternoon.
    As i announced in the last update, some posts will be published periodically dedicated to some locations that you will explore during the adventure, unedited and not.
    Today i would like to show you a small screen of the Quiet Wood, a map announced a year ago, but which has undergone several changes in this long period.
    i5xNUv1.png

This place is particularly suitable for those who want to relax, as it is characterized by a profound silence.
    The massive presence of volbeat and illumise causes strange light effects that illuminate the forest.​

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • Good afternoon.
    As i announced in the last update, some posts will be published periodically dedicated to some locations that you will explore during the adventure, unedited and not.
    Today i would like to show you a small screen of the Quiet Wood, a map announced a year ago, but which has undergone several changes in this long period.
    i5xNUv1.png

This place is particularly suitable for those who want to relax, as it is characterized by a profound silence.
    The massive presence of volbeat and illumise causes strange light effects that illuminate the forest.​
    Dang! This looks so good, I wish there was an English translation though, good luck with future updates

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Hello everyone and welcome to a new update.
    Today i would like to show you a couple of screens showing locations that you can visit in the next beta:

vVCAoxb.png
    5Zu8Ktm.gif

In the first screen there's the mansion of Evans family, the old ruling dynasty of the Shinzo region.
    Due to its abandonment, now it's a simple ancient ruin destroyed by the advancing of time.
    While the interior of the mansion is unpublished, the exterior of the building has already been published several times in the past and can be seen here:
    https://www.deviantart.com/ghha90/art/Temple-Private-Tile-808988087
    The second screen, on the other hand, shows a part of the route 5.
    Although this route had already been announced in an old update, i had not shown yet the animation of the mills.

I'm aware that these latest updates are very limited, but unfortunately the development of the project is suffering a considerable slowdown due to some personal commitments.
    I hope in the coming months to be able to publish more substantial updates.

Back