• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Giratina's Legend | 07-01-24

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 10, 2019
dear andrea i am a big fan pokemon and a great admirer i wanted to ask you if you could or if you can do a pokemon hack that has all the regions as they did with the gta san andreas that created gta undergraund with all the cities of rock star games you could try to do the same thing in pokemon, add all the regions in gba, you would be the poundmon's living leyanda, thank you for your great work.

Years
dear andrea i am a big fan pokemon and a great admirer i wanted to ask you if you could or if you can do a pokemon hack that has all the regions as they did with the gta san andreas that created gta undergraund with all the cities of rock star games you could try to do the same thing in pokemon, add all the regions in gba, you would be the poundmon's living leyanda, thank you for your great work.
Adding all regions in a 32mb ROM is not possible. It worked in GTA since it doesn't have the same limit as a GBA rom, so I can't really guess why'd you think it's possible to do that kind of thing.

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Hi, as RenElite rightly said, it's not possible to insert all the regions in a single ROM, since the size is quite limited!
However, i'll try to make a large and varied region, so the lack of more regions don't weigh too much!

Adding all regions in a 32mb ROM is not possible. It worked in GTA since it doesn't have the same limit as a GBA rom, so I can't really guess why'd you think it's possible to do that kind of thing.
Thank you so much for answering!

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
can you pretty please make a english version of this rom hack. i'd like to try it but i can't read that language. it looks spectacular and i'd really like to try it. hope you can make a english patch soon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 15, 2020
Good morning, I'm from Argentina. I have the alpha version 0.51 in Spanish. Do you know what should be done after receiving the pokedex? Besides, what is the secret code?

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
can you pretty please make a english version of this rom hack. i'd like to try it but i can't read that language. it looks spectacular and i'd really like to try it. hope you can make a english patch soon.
Thanks a lot!
Unfortunately, my English is pretty bad.
I should find a person outside the project willing to translate all the dialogues...

Good morning, I'm from Argentina. I have the alpha version 0.51 in Spanish. Do you know what should be done after receiving the pokedex? Besides, what is the secret code?
The ROM ends once it has obtained the pokédex!
However, there are some things (secondary missions) that you can do:
- Now you can obtain secret gifts by going to the player's room and talking to the PC (put 110597 to obtain munchlax).
After entering the code, go to any pokemon market, there will be a postman who will give you the gifts you've got!
The other codes will be released progressively in the coming months!
- Every friday there will be a drifloon under the wind turbine on Route 3
- If you show a drifloon to Mr.Honey, the man of the northwest house of Breezy Town, you can get some honey.
You can spread it in the honey tree in route 3. If you're lucky, you'll meet some rare pokémon!
- If you enter the northeast house of Breezy town after 21:00, you will be able to enter the cellar (it is closed during the day).
There you can play a mini-game!
- There is a child in Peacfully City who broke his toy.
If you give the pieces of the toy to the grandfather, it will give you a MT.
He is located in Shimmering town, the first city.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2022
have problem game keep crash after into cutscene use the Tsukuyomi UPS use POKEMON RUBY (USA) rom and i expand it to 32MB after using the XSE.
apply the patch! use Emulator VBA version 1.7.2 set it Save Type> Flash 128K
edit 1
get gamr to work what i have do disable sfx in video options and real time clock on to get it to work

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Goodmorning everyone!
Three months have passed since the last update, but despite university and work commitments i managed to get on with the project!
Let's start immediately with the news:

1. New screens.
DNb7p5I.png

- In the first screen there is the new battle background of the tall grass.
The old battleground has been replaced, since some users noticed me that the battlegrounds i was using in the alpha were private.
So i decided to remove them and insert new ones designed by me.
Some of these was uploaded to my DA profile:
https://www.deviantart.com/ghha90/art/Pokemon-Backgrounds-battle-810577462
Furthermore, all these battlegrounds will adapt to the current season:
jCONXfc.png

- The second screen shows the new tile of the laboratory in the first city.
In fact, parallel to the development of the new maps, i decided to revisit some old ones (mapping and tile) to conform them to the new style i'm using recently.
Below the complete map:
https://www.deviantart.com/ghha90/art/Shimmering-Town-811502569
- The third screen shows one of the new maps created during this period, the Moomoo farm.
It is located in the southern part of route 5 and has cultivated fields of wheat and berries.
In this place it will be possible to buy the well-known moomoo milk, useful for heal pokémon.
- The fourth and last screen shows the innermost part of the Origin Cave, a place characterized by high humidity and poor visibility.

Below, I report the credits of the tiles used in the previous screens:
Spoiler:

2. New tile animations
To make the gaming environment even more vivid, i added some tile animations:
mMnQLzn.gif

3. Rocket team base, the final location of the beta
Protagonist of the last "scene" of the beta is this building:
https://www.deviantart.com/ghha90/art/Team-Rocket-Base-Private-tile-807852689
It is the headquarters of the rocket team and will be one of the most important locations from the narrative point of view.
This tile was created starting from the tile of the Cathedral of San Basilio, realized by WilsonScarloxy, while the violet palette of the roof were made by Ivan.

4. Physical/Special split
One of the most requested features by you during the development of the project was the implementation of the physical/special split of the moves.
Finally, i can tell you that this implementation has been added to the hack.
Moreover, during the choice of a pokémon moves in battle an icon will be shown (bottom right) to indicate if it is a physical, special or state move:
KoxEZyz.png

5. Erik, the new gym leader
Parallel to the development of the various maps, i also dedicated myself to creating new characters.
One of these is Erik, the Bluefalls City gym leader:
fPR5tn7.png

He is the second gym leader who you will face during the adventure and, as you can imagine, he will be specialized in bug type pokémon.

6. New secret gift
Finally, here is a new code through which you can unlock a new secret gift: 190329.
To be able to insert it, go to the player's room and interact with the PC.
The secret gift will contain a masterball and can be obtained in any pokémon market.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Wow, those new battle bgs, tiles and animations are absolutely STUNNING. Amazing work!

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Wow, those new battle bgs, tiles and animations are absolutely STUNNING. Amazing work!
Thank you very much for the compliments!
I'm trying to make maps and environments more complex and cared, as those of the first alpha didn't completely satisfy me.
I hope by continuing to improve this aspect even more!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 15, 2020
First of all I congratulate you for the new changes and updates.
Sorry for my ignorance: how do you get the new update?

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
The graphics keep getting more and more beautiful, very nice.
Thank you very much for the compliments!

First of all I congratulate you for the new changes and updates.
Sorry for my ignorance: how do you get the new update?
Thanks!
I guess you are referring to the actual implementation of the new mechanics:
- The backgrounds that fits the current season was done through an asm routine.
It is attached in the origianl part of the code that loads the BG pallete.
Depending on the current season, the value of which is get based on the reading of the byte of the month in RAM, the routine load one of the 3 sets of background palettes (normal, autumn, winter).
- Tile animation was created using a tool called Tile Animation Editor, developed by the same creator of Advance Map.
Searching in the appropriate section, you'll find some guide about it!
- PSS implementation was quite complicated...
I initially modify the original code of the routine that deals of the calculation of damages, in such a way that it didn't control the type of move, but the value of the eleventh byte of each move.
The eleventh byte was chosen because it was not used in the original game.
Based on its value (0, 1 or 2), it redirects the original routine to the corresponding part of the code (calculation of physical or special damage).
I hope I have clarified your doubts!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 15, 2020
thanks it served me, I love the game ...
the new update with the new scenarios, the new gym and the aforementioned updates, when and how can it be granted?

Illyasviel

video game hustler
Years
Ah, looking fabulous so far! I actually get really happy when I see hacks in languages other than English.
Will definitely check this out when I can get around to this!

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Can you teach how to make 32mb Ruby and how to patch it?
Of course!
To patch the ROM you need to use the Tsukuyomi UPS tool, available at the following link:
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/519/
Then you will need to download a POKEMON RUBY (USA) rom and expand it to 32MB using the XSE tool.
To do this, drag the rom to the xse interface and click CTRL+R, then click on "expand" button.
Finally, apply the patch with Tsukuyomi!

Ah, looking fabulous so far! I actually get really happy when I see hacks in languages other than English.
Will definitely check this out when I can get around to this!
Thank you so much!

After several months, i announce that new version 0.6 of the alpha is available.
Unlike the previous alpha updates, which were limited to correcting the bugs of the previous roms, this new version introduces several new features:
- Physical/Special Split has been added
- Weather conditions have been added
- All Battlegrounds have been changed
- Some bugs reported to me in previous messages have been fixed
- New tile graphics, both internal and external
- New tile animations
- New event, which will be released in a couple of weeks
This is some new screen:
WCFbrSh.png
In order to download the new version of the rom, click on this link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nlb1swovfbr659m/Pok%E9mon_Giratina%27s_Legend_-_Alpha_0.60.rar/file

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 15, 2020
thank you very much for the new update ...
Can you continue in the new version with my previous game? the file gives me unknown or damaged format, do you know why it is?

Back