• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon GO integration

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Curious if Sun and Moon will somehow integrate your progress in Pokemon GO into the game. Similar to how street pass is integrated into Gen 6, and the PokeWalker things were another feature of HGSS. Would be cool, wouldn't it?

pkmin3033

It would...as long as it isn't the only way to obtain certain things. I'd be furious if things were Go-exclusive, as I have no intention of getting it. I think it'd be great if they interacted in some way, like allowing you to take your Pokemon in Sun and Moon with you for whatever reason. As an optional extra it'd be fantastic, and it'd be a great promotion for both pieces of software.

But I don't want it forced on me. As someone who dislikes Pokemon Go's concept and smartphone gaming in general, I would absolutely hate it if the only way I could unlock some things in the game would be through this. I doubt it'll come to that; I expect it'll function similarly to the Pokewalker, if it has any connectivity at all. But nonetheless, if it is integrated, it should be in a minimal, non-intrusive fashion in my opinion.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    If they made it possible to trade Pokemon over from Go, wouldn't that undermine any exclusives each game has?

If you can just catch them in Go and trade them over to your game, that makes getting a "version exclusive" even more trivial than trying to trade for it.

I'd guess they wouldn't really pay attention to that though.

Years
    Like Meloetta, I'm not a fan of mobile gaming so if GO were to have functionality with Sun & Moon, I'd rather it be minimal at best because I don't want the main game being overshadowed.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    One thing I was just thinking about and it's not really about integration with GO exactly...but the effect that Go might have on the development of Sun & Moon.

Since Masuda said the reason they made X & Y easier was because people have less time to play...but now that those kind of players will have Pokemon Go maybe there will be less of a reason for them to develop Sun & Moon with that mindset.

It's a stretch but I think it's worth thinking about at least.

Years
    One thing I was just thinking about and it's not really about integration with GO exactly...but the effect that Go might have on the development of Sun & Moon.

Since Masuda said the reason they made X & Y easier was because people have less time to play...but now that those kind of players will have Pokemon Go maybe there will be less of a reason for them to develop Sun & Moon with that mindset.

It's a stretch but I think it's worth thinking about at least.

I can see where you're going here, but if GO has an effect on Sun & Moon and maybe this could mean we might get a bit more of a challenge than X & Y, if for the fact that the mobile gaming craze is catching on fast.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    For me Mobile Gaming are glorified Facebook Zynga games on the go, with the cash grabs and add friends for more rewards.

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
    Years
    I think Pokemon GO would probably be best suited as a stand alone title solely just for mobiles and not have any interaction with the console games. The reason for this is I'd prefer to have the console games seperate from mobile "gaming".

_Dud_

I can't C#
    Years
    Though I wish Pokemon GO was a stand-alone game, if it were to have some integration in the main series games, it will most likely be optional which you can live without (eg. the PokeWatch in HG/SS) I don't think it's too out of the question, there are third party apps on the mobile that could connect with the GTS in Black & White.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I would like that if you saw a Pokemon on Go, you could connect the two via wireless signal, and that Pokemon would be added to the PokeDex as "seen" on your Sun and Moon. Transferring between the two would be pushing the boundaries as it can be -sort of- cheating based on where you live/what you have access to. PokeWalker was pretty fair because you all could pretty much access the same Pokemon, depending on what you did in-game, there was no IRL aspect involved. "Seen" would help in terms of finding a Pokemon to search for on GTS, etc, but trading is a boundary I don't think I'm ready for them to push.

blue

gucci
    Years
    When GO was announced it was stated that it will connect to the main games in some way. I wonder if it's possible to capture Pokemon from GO and then be able to transfer them to Sun & Moon through Wi-Fi?

Years
    I would like that if you saw a Pokemon on Go, you could connect the two via wireless signal, and that Pokemon would be added to the PokeDex as "seen" on your Sun and Moon. Transferring between the two would be pushing the boundaries as it can be -sort of- cheating based on where you live/what you have access to. PokeWalker was pretty fair because you all could pretty much access the same Pokemon, depending on what you did in-game, there was no IRL aspect involved. "Seen" would help in terms of finding a Pokemon to search for on GTS, etc, but trading is a boundary I don't think I'm ready for them to push.

Like you said, I don't see Game Freak pushing this boundary yet but it would be a nice feature to do.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    "Seen" would help in terms of finding a Pokemon to search for on GTS

As of 6th gen we can already search for a Pokemon on the GTS without having seen it, we just need to know the name of the Pokemon.

So that wouldn't really serve a purpose. (assuming the above feature returns in the 7th gen games)

You know a part of me wants to say GameFreak should reward players of the main games by allowing them to transfer items to Pokemon Go that you would otherwise have to pay (real money) for through microtransactions. Like transferring a master ball over rather than having to buy it through Go. I know that would never happen but it would be an awesome way to thank fans who are dedicated to the main series of games.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    As of 6th gen we can already search for a Pokemon on the GTS without having seen it, we just need to know the name of the Pokemon.

So that wouldn't really serve a purpose. (assuming the above feature returns in the 7th gen games)

You know a part of me wants to say GameFreak should reward players of the main games by allowing them to transfer items to Pokemon Go that you would otherwise have to pay (real money) for through microtransactions. Like transferring a master ball over rather than having to buy it through Go. I know that would never happen but it would be an awesome way to thank fans who are dedicated to the main series of games.
    Nah I know you need the name but I mean you have to type that in every time. :) Being able to 'see' Pokémon will help a lot in little ways, though.

And oh no, everything will be micro transaction. Definitely. Pokémon Shuffle, their most popular micro transaction game doesn't seem as if it's forcing you but it really is. GO will have the same I'm pretty sure. You might be able to transfer items to the main games though. Imagine picking up a Nugget at a rich persons house.

Back