• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Pokemon Green

Pingouin_7

Dont play my translation when its finished then. Remember that you dont support the proper translation of green. Thats your loss, and your stupidity.

Hater...

You can't go juding the hack at this stage anyway. It's like 2 percent complete. You'd think that someone who posts in a thead about pokemon green would be stoked for a proper translation of it. all that you noticed was the things that were not even edited yet. why couldnt you be half polite and comment on the finer aspects of the translation. I think it looks pretty close to the american versions of the game so far.

But to just go flat out and say it sucks?
    I'll bet anything you've worked on won't be half as reputable as this translation eventually will be.

HA!
    Hey, if you don't want people to be honest, say it then.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Aack! Before everyone started attacking me a few days ago, I'd just like to make a few points clear. I never meant to diss your translation, which in and of itself is very thoguhtfully done, I was referring to the real version itself, which for a professional team even at the time wasn't a particularly upstanding work except for its gameplay. As for my use of the term "beta test", DURING production Green was at least partially designed first, and was used as a precedent for producing Red. The two were then released together to improve marketing for Red.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    As for my use of the term "beta test", DURING production Green was at least partially designed first, and was used as a precedent for producing Red. The two were then released together to improve marketing for Red.
    What makes you say that? The games are literally the same base. If anything, only one game was developed and then split into the Red and Green versions.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    No... No, they're not.

Patch me.

Until Youtube starts working, I can't check it properly. Also, we have different versions, mine is patched as Pokemon Green (USA) and it's entirely finished. I won't post the ROM.

Also, the first beta of Green was a beta test and the Bird type was left in there until they realised that Gyarados/Dragonite isn't a bird. Then, they made it Flying. And before the change, they went into Route 1 and all these odd glitches appeared... too bad the chances of getting it... there's a few billion ROMS'... times it by 9 for the amount of betas... ... ... The chance is 0.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Seriously... It sucks.

"Wound cure", "Start, Setup", " Bulba, Charm, Squir", etc.

I think with wound cure he refers to kizugusuri. I think that means ointment.

And I don't see how "Start" and "Setup" is wrong, though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    An english cartridge of pokemon green does exist, i found one on ebay before but it was buy it now and it was bought by the time I reloaded. I even contacted the seller and he said that he thought it was japanese but when he tested it, it was in full english. whether you all believe me or not, I assure you it exists.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    The majority of sprites on Pokemon Green and (Jap) Red creep me out. But I suppose it's all a matter of getting used to it, I dunno.

Anyway, I'm nowhere near 100% on this, but a long time ago I heard that one reason why the US rejected Green was because of Alakazam's sprite, as it had the Star of David on its forehead.
    Possibly just a rumor, because I haven't seen the idea floating around anywhere for a long time. I can't even remember where I heard it from... meh.

Pingouin_7

The majority of sprites on Pokemon Green and (Jap) Red creep me out. But I suppose it's all a matter of getting used to it, I dunno.

Anyway, I'm nowhere near 100% on this, but a long time ago I heard that one reason why the US rejected Green was because of Alakazam's sprite, as it had the Star of David on its forehead.
    Possibly just a rumor, because I haven't seen the idea floating around anywhere for a long time. I can't even remember where I heard it from... meh.

1- Red and Blue didn't use the original Red/Green sprites, so why would Green didn't use them?

2- They could just have changed Alakazam's sprite ; German D/P has a different Registeel sprite because it lookes like it was saluting Hitler.

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
    Ahhhh I love Green version. I've never really played it (much) though considering I could never find a good translation, but I still like it. Some say the pokemon look ugly but I prefer some of them over the R/B version ones.

Years
    Green version

What happened was, Green was damaged during the original import. So the U.S. made Blue, and it is, or at least was, avaliable in Japan only if you special ordered it- you couldnt just go into a store and buy it. But Red was released along with Green

Back