• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Hacking Team

Years
    It would be better if you don't change sizes through the header, it could mess up the offsets. Thanks though.

I will put new screenies up with the new map. I put the map into the hack and replace the old Vector Town.

oh...dang...can you tell me what the original width was then, and then we can just make the extra bit a part of the next route yeh?

EDIT: what do you mean it will mess up the offsets? technically, as long as the event can happen, nothing should go wrong...i think...
    well...i will soon post a picture up of what i've got.
    EDIT: here it is
    in the town description sign im thinking it should be something to do with being at the bottom of a mountain...or buried in the bottom of a mountain or something. and again, im not sure about the scripts or whether there are more houses, if there are more houses just let me know. =D

Last edited:

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    The extra space that is used has to be stored somewhere on the rom, and it could maybe override stuff like text probably, its okay actually just sent me this and i will fix it up and make changes. Don't worry about the rest unless if you have started. Don't worry about fixing the route or the indoors. ok? Thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    The extra space that is used has to be stored somewhere on the rom, and it could maybe override stuff like text probably, its okay actually just sent me this and i will fix it up and make changes. Don't worry about the rest unless if you have started. Don't worry about fixing the route or the indoors. ok? Thanks.

ill send it now.

that cave connecting the two towns, i would suggest making it a little bigger, cus it's reall small and boring.

is there anything else that i can work on, or should i wait for the graphics update or whatever you were talking about?

also, when you are working on inserting the DPP pokemon, if not already done, go to www.pokemonelite2000.com
    they have a massive sprite resource.
    and www.serebii.net has a load of front sprites and dex information [for when you make the move data and ev's and such] as well.
    cheers

Last edited:

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I was already planning on using pokemonelite2000.com for sprites, but the info I could get it form serebii.net or marriland.com (something like that).

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I already started adding D/P pokemon, but some stats got mixed up and stuff, its going well.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Yep, I use YAPE. It's actually pretty good, but I will have to redownload it because I lost like all of my tools when I deleted something. I downloaded Advance Map and PET again, and I will download the others again soon.

Years
    Yep, I use YAPE. It's actually pretty good, but I will have to redownload it because I lost like all of my tools when I deleted something. I downloaded Advance Map and PET again, and I will download the others again soon.

oh well that sucks. i have every single tool on my external hard drive =D
    though i have vista, so i can't use some of them.
    how sheit is that?

if you can give me a basic description of route 1, then i can do some work on it if you want.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I already worked on the future route 1 and the next town. I have to finish the town that I'm working on, I will figure it out tomorrow and tell you, it's 9:04 P.M. in the night where I live.

I hate working on the wraps after it gets messed up, after inserting the map, I accidentally messed up some wraps (not you mistake, mine) so i have to fix those. I'm changing stuff on the maps you sent me. There were few mistakes, but I had to change something to make a script work properly (i did not write this script, it was a script from the game i will use).

Things i have planned for this week:
    Advance more in story.
    Fix all graphical errors.
    Fix up any more mistakes.
    Add more of the text that I have to.
    Add the name on the title screen (I added the image successfully).

I spent like an hour adding a DP house into the rom a while ago and it did not turn out too well.

Years
    I already worked on the future route 1 and the next town. I have to finish the town that I'm working on, I will figure it out tomorrow and tell you, it's 9:04 P.M. in the night where I live.

I hate working on the wraps after it gets messed up, after inserting the map, I accidentally messed up some wraps (not you mistake, mine) so i have to fix those. I'm changing stuff on the maps you sent me. There were few mistakes, but I had to change something to make a script work properly (i did not write this script, it was a script from the game i will use).

Things i have planned for this week:
    Advance more in story.
    Fix all graphical errors.
    Fix up any more mistakes.
    Add more of the text that I have to.
    Add the name on the title screen (I added the image successfully).

I spent like an hour adding a DP house into the rom a while ago and it did not turn out too well.

cool, if you update it and send me the patch then i can fix any errors and work on the look of the maps.
    i can also insert some texts for you, like when people talk and such.
    i wouldn't focus on DP graphics atm. it's better to work on it like normal, and then if we decide that it needs the graphical changes, then that's the time to implement it, yeh?

well, have fun going to bed then :P
    it's 2:30 PM over here

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    Do you need also a mapper? I can map a little bit. I can make warps and all that ****!

Years
    Do you need also a mapper? I can map a little bit. I can make warps and all that ****!

I think G.K.S. knows what he's doing with the warps and the scripts and such, but when I do the maps I would gladly accept your opinions on what they look like and if there should be any changes. (i don't want to offend you or anything ;P)

only do this if you want, but:
    Spoiler:

remember, having a go is the best for everyone ^^
    if you do decide to do it, then congrats!

on a different note, i have exam block coming up >_>
    i hatez it

EDIT: G.K.S., would you be able to tell me how you inserted the title screen image?
    i am remaking firered (i know, crazy, a reremake) and i wanted to know how you did it.

anyways, i can do text scripting! yays for me. lol.
    i am going to figure out how to do movement scripts, oh and i am also gonna extract some scripts and learn from those too (mainly flag data).
    once i've done this, mite take about a week, then i can probably start helping with the scripting. ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    The hero's overworld what does it mean? I thougt i make a great signature with growlithe or arcenice.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Sirwillis04, there are many different tutorials for inserting images, if you want, I could help you add a Pokemon on it. I still have not really figured out how to change the title name, even though I think its easier than adding the image.

v1tje, that banner is so cool, I have no idea how you do it, but its great. Thanks.

Sirwillis04, after you start a team discussion thread for you hack call me so I could visit it. You seems really skilled and like a very good learner(scripts and stuff). I have exams to study for too, I will be busy next week. My school ends on June 18, 2008. The last three days are the days they give finals.

Years
    Sirwillis04, there are many different tutorials for inserting images, if you want, I could help you add a Pokemon on it. I still have not really figured out how to change the title name, even though I think its easier than adding the image.

Sirwillis04, after you start a team discussion thread for you hack call me so I could visit it. You seems really skilled and like a very good learner(scripts and stuff). I have exams to study for too, I will be busy next week. My school ends on June 18, 2008. The last three days are the days they give finals.

yeh, that's mainly what i want, i want to add a moltres instead of a charizard, hence 'fire'red. [moltres=fire legendary]

i'm not sure that i could have a thread for it, as the story hasn't been changed much yet =[
    i could post the patch tho. i'll think about it.
    i don't wanna start a thread on it until it is actually worthy of calling it a 'hack'

i really want a userbar, perhaps you could put an arcanine on it, like the amethist one where the pokemon is bigger?

i have loads of study to do......>_>
    cheers

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I could add that mostres for you. How about tomorrow or the day after. I have to gather tools again, since I lost a lot (remember). I may help someone else on their titlescreen as well.

Did you say you wanted user bars for your hack or for mine?
    I already asked v1tje after he PMed me to make bars and banners for my hack.

Well, bye, this week will be really hard for me too, I have much to do before the school year ends.

Years
    I could add that mostres for you. How about tomorrow or the day after. I have to gather tools again, since I lost a lot (remember). I may help someone else on their titlescreen as well.

Did you say you wanted user bars for your hack or for mine?
    I already asked v1tje after he PMed me to make bars and banners for my hack.

Well, bye, this week will be really hard for me too, I have much to do before the school year ends.

cool, i will post the patch tomorrow probably.
    i wanted a userbar for your hack, not mine. i want to display that i am working with the pokemon police team! =D
    my exams start tomorrow O_o
    cheers.
    SirWillis

Back