• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Hacking Team

Mao

Feeling F R E S H
    Years
    Skills: I would like to be a storyline editor. People who help with storylines
    Proof of work: Pm me or send me an Msn E-mail for Proof
    Past experience: Well, i did start a hack with Martin, I helped him with the Storylin but he didn't finish the hack.
    Contact information: Msn Messenger. Pm Me for my adress.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I don't need help there, I could figure it out. Thanks anyways.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    "oh and regarding your avvy...I JUST HATCHED A SHINY GROWLITHE!
    lol sorry, but i had to say it."

What do you mean?

The progress is going fine, I think...

School is about to end and all the major projects and assignments are over for me. Just the finals (sigh).

Years
    "oh and regarding your avvy...I JUST HATCHED A SHINY GROWLITHE!
    lol sorry, but i had to say it."

What do you mean?

The progress is going fine, I think...

School is about to end and all the major projects and assignments are over for me. Just the finals (sigh).

well, what i meanis,
    pokemon police = growlithe/arcanines
    your avvy = arcanine
    and i just got a shiny growlithe!
    get my drift?
    yeh i have 4 more exams to go! Ugh, hate them!

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I think I will start over the whole hack, because the whole rom is falling apart. There are glitches everywhere and many mistakes that are too late to fix. I cannot even export tilesets from the rom to make changes now. Preset tiles from a town already fell apart becuase of pallete changes and it is a big mess. I think I will save the maps files with event files and start a fresh rom and include the maps there, but before I even do that I want to do the tile changes, because that always mess up stuff. I'm not stopping the hack or anything, please don't get the wrong idea. Bye.

Never mind, that would be too much work, I will focus on fixing the mistakes.

Last edited:
    Years
    I think I will start over the whole hack, because the whole rom is falling apart. There are glitches everywhere and many mistakes that are too late to fix. I cannot even export tilesets from the rom to make changes now. Preset tiles from a town already fell apart becuase of pallete changes and it is a big mess. I think I will save the maps files with event files and start a fresh rom and include the maps there, but before I even do that I want to do the tile changes, because that always mess up stuff. I'm not stopping the hack or anything, please don't get the wrong idea. Bye.

Never mind, that would be too much work, I will focus on fixing the mistakes.

okaaaay, can i just ask what that was about? LOL!
    ranting much?
    anyways, hope it's all fixable! O_o
    have you taken regular backups?

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I have backup, and stuff, and the errors are fixable, I just went crazy. It's going well now.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    How about tomorrow, I have to study for finals today. I will ask you to do a town that come later into the storyline. I will be learning how to do scripts for the time being. I updated some graphics in the games(like grass).

Years
    How about tomorrow, I have to study for finals today. I will ask you to do a town that come later into the storyline. I will be learning how to do scripts for the time being. I updated some graphics in the games(like grass).
    cool, sounds good. I have some exams as well, but I am pretty sure I can fit some time in for hacking, definately.
    what sort of scripting are you learning?
    oh and i think we need some more team members, like overworlders and storyliners and such. you think?

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I'm covering overworld editors and storylines, Elijhab, I think, is working on her hack, so she probably won't be helping us. I'm still looking for a spriter to add the D/P Pokemon onto the rom, which requires the use of the program unLZ or something similar.

Years
    ok, yeh, i have no idea how to do that. O_o
    so we need a pokemon inserter then? that sounds like someone hard to find...
    ah well...do you know how to do movement scripts yet? cus mine suck!

Edit: and I am also getting Adobe Photoshop Elements...yeyah! so i might try making some banners or something O_o

Last edited:

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I'm going to spent a lot of time this week "learning" stuff. People who are asking me to join are like beta testers and mapper and other easy stuff I think (most of them like joined couple days ago), if I do explain the stuff to the, it will just be a waste of my time and the work they do does not have to be quality work. You are pretty good at the stuff you do, just saying, lol.

Math final is over, YEAAAAAAH!

I tried to do the title screen for you again, even after the use of cyclone prototype, the image is still like this (attachment), I'm not lying, I have done this before perfectly, just can't do it again. I have not finished all the steps that I have to do now, but it seems usless to continue after seeing that this is not fixed, if you want, I will try again tomorrow with a different Pokemon, the grid that appears is a part of Moltres's wing (uppermost left tip), the program seems to use this as the background.

Last edited:
    Years
    I tried to do the title screen for you again, even after the use of cyclone prototype, the image is still like this (attachment), I'm not lying, I have done this before perfectly, just can't do it again. I have not finished all the steps that I have to do now, but it seems usless to continue after seeing that this is not fixed, if you want, I will try again tomorrow with a different Pokemon, the grid that appears is a part of Moltres's wing (uppermost left tip), the program seems to use this as the background.
    hehe, well i am one step further. i got rid of the grid :) and managed to get the whole figure of moltres there, now i just need to sort out the palette.
    though i am starting a completely new ROM and making a 'legend of moltres' version, so i am also going to try and learn some scripting O_o
    so how many people applied then?

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    "so how many people applied then?"
    what do you mean?

Congratulations, I was getting annoyed trying to fix it, lol. APE is not as hard as it seems, what you will be doing is taking the current pallete and replacing it with the pallete that you should be using, something like that, I did my titlescreen (with Arcanine), not so long ago, I should be an expert...but I'm not.

If you are working on your hack, then I won't annoy you for a while about the map. I was experimenting around with tiles today and I made my custom grass tile (not that good), but I think I'm gonna keep it. Now, off to the tutorials on scripting:).

Years
    "so how many people applied then?"
    what do you mean?
    If you are working on your hack, then I won't annoy you for a while about the map. I was experimenting around with tiles today and I made my custom grass tile (not that good), but I think I'm gonna keep it. Now, off to the tutorials on scripting:).
    well you said that lot's of people applied?
    lol, can you post a picture of what the tile looks like?

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    A person asked me if he/she could be a beta tester, a while ago someone asked me if they could be a storyline helper, and I thought someone else has asked me, but maybe I was just thinking.

The grass tile is okay, I think.

I hate doing the indoors so much, they are way harder in my opinion. Tiles get pretty annoying as well.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    It took me so long to do the house, and since the main character is supposed to have a big house because of the story, I was even harder.

Back