• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Hidden Depths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
guys i've put an early demo up on my site so you can download it now. The file is on the freewebs server but it is okay because the file is small (about 800kb)
The site is www.freewebs.com/phoenixgamez
Note:-there are still some bugs with the CMS in the demo but they will be fixed for the next release...

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Check the FAQ or file hosting sticky thread if you want a faster host.

And don't double post. Use the
edit.gif
button to save space. Annoying, I know. But it's my job ;)

Awesome! It just finished downloading!

*goes to play Hidden Depths*

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Don't cry! I'm not trying to be mean... Just doing my job.
__

Anyway, I played your game! And I found several glitches, of course ;)
1) The CMS Pok?dex has some messed up control issues.
2) When you leave a house, enter it, and try to leave again, you can't get out again. I had to restart twice :(
3) You can't talk to the shop guy or the Pok?mon Center nurse
4) There's some weird overlap when you step on the escelator in the PK Center.
5) When you try to talk to yer mom and get the pidgey, the pidgey never dissappears.

Otherwise, it's lookin' great! :) :)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
thanks for the comments:-
1, already been fixed.
2, didn't know about this. will fix it soon.
3, i didn't see any point in doing this as you have no pokemon to heal or items to buy.
4, i knew about that but for some reason i haven't sorted it. *fixed*
5, oops, i just played the game and noticed that your mom turns away from you when she talks. *fixed*

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
I just played your game and it's great except a few glitches here and there. I hope to see more and good luck with it... :)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
thanx guys.
Remember in my first post i mentioned something about crossbreeding? well here is a few crossbred pokemon.
Note:-I haven't decided whether there will be two different sprites for each crossbreed. for instance Pidgey with spearows wings and tail and Spearow with pidgeys wings and tail. I might make one sprite for each gender.
Hope you like.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2005
wow! that blastoise one is awesome!! the demo is great, can't wait for a longer demo to play, keep it up!

Years
man I played your game, you need to just fix up a few teleports because they go into the wrong houses, and to fix that repetative house-entering issue, just make the switch turn off immediatly after you teleport.
I was thinking of the whole pokemon cross-breeding thing. I will just make mine slightly different..

Loved your game dude! except for the lapras sprite, the guy was a bit messd up..

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
Hey I like your crossbreeded sprites. What you should do is when a pokemon is crossbreeded with a certain other pokemon and have it mutate realy bad now that would be kool :D ...

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
What i was thinking about doing was making a tri-type. What i mean by this is by repeatedly crossbreeding different Pokemon you could give the Pokemon a 3rd type that removes the original Pokemon's weakness to make the breeding feature even morecrucial to the game because you will need the strongest Pokemon because the gym leaders will be harder than ever.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, if you want to do it that way, you better have the breeding center somewhere
early in the game.

Years
phoenix316 said:
What i was thinking about doing was making a tri-type. What i mean by this is by repeatedly crossbreeding different Pokemon you could give the Pokemon a 3rd type that removes the original Pokemon's weakness to make the breeding feature even morecrucial to the game because you will need the strongest Pokemon because the gym leaders will be harder than ever.
I had exactly the same idea, craig. But the monstrosity of the coding would far outweigh the whole game. it would be almost impossible to do.. if you wanted to do it right, that is.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
yeah your probbly right.
Anyway back to the new Pokemon. I've made a couple of pre-evolution pokemon, Forro the Lapras pre-evolution and Demew the Mewtwo pre-evolution. Demew will be uncovered in a sidequest. Hope you like and i always appreciate feedback.
More to come...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back