• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Hidden Depths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunwave

Dragon Master
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 5, 2005
    I made this awhile ago but I think it's pretty good. I call it Flarmeleon, I think the name speaks for itself.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Thanks rm2k3kid

Progress on the maps is being made rapidly and I've done every area from Pallet to Mt Moon except for the insides of houses which is the thing I hate doing most, well, that and npc's.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Heh, those are cool. No comments/suggestions except for adding the black darkness in the caves with only a little bit of light in a circle around you, like in R/S.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • It's good to see you remaking kanto... And it's look great :) . How much have you done altogether? It's looking great I would love to play it :laugh: .

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Pretty much all of the Orange Islands have been done. I've just got to do some of the insides of buildings, lay hidden items and of course the battles.
    I've fixed all of the errors I had in the cms and all functions except for the bag menu and the pokedex are fully functional.
    I've thought of a great way to do the pokedex but it will take a lot of time and effort and i want to get as much done as I possibly can while I have nothing else to do and that's why I started working on the maps. Hopefully i'll have kanto finished by sunday and then i'll restart the programming side of the game.
    But all in all it's coming along great after a long slow period I had and my motivation is sky high at the moment.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • -Update-
    All of the maps upto celadon city are working and you can walk from Pallet to Celadon as you would in the game.
    I've done a few more Pokemon and some back pics of some of my others.
    I've made some chipsets for my new Region (still can't think of a name)
    Storyline on paper has progressed.

Also, my original plan was to have 5 regions each with 8 gyms plus a tournament at the end of each region. As you'd probably have guessed that is very excessive and if each gym leader is only 2 levels higher than the last then you would be at lvl 80 when you defeat the last gym leader.
    Now there are 4 regions. You battle only 4 gyms in each region. You choose which region you start in and that will affect which gyms you face in each region.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Sounds like it'll be a whole LOT of work. But it'll definitely payoff in the end! When could we expect the next demo?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • i haven't decided on what to include into the next demo. I may have to use a temporary battle system which is something i was reluctant to do. I may release a tester of one of the bigger towns. It includes a Silph Co. type building, mini game, contest hall and a cave to explore. I don't want to release a demo until at least all of those are finished.

I haven't posted any screens of new areas for a while so here are a couple. Tell me if you can't see them.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • like i said before, i'm not sure about the demo. Once i have certain things sorted i may think about releasing another demo. The first demo released was rushed out and wasn't very polished and to be honest i didn't like it myself and i regretted putting it out so i don't want to make the same mistake again. If i'm happy with what i've done when i've finished the town then i may release that town as a demo to show you what to expect from the rest of the game. To give a date would be difficult, all i can say is don't expect one for at least two weeks but you never know.

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
  • Well don't rush it. Take your time to do a good job rather than rush and leave many mistakes. Keep up the work and ignore those who persist for demos/betas. If you are happy with what you done then so are we. Good things will come for those who wait...

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • i need some suggestions for a minigame or a puzzle type thing. I have a fairly big space at the top of the city and i want to put something fun or interesting in there.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • i just thought i'd let all of you guys know that i'm making charsets for everyone to use because people have been happy with the ones i've done for them. Charsets will include characters from the t.v series and i've already done ash in his new clothes. Although it isn't finished yet because i have to convert the colors to 256 bitmap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back