• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Hope (PG 14)

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
Years
  • Soran had seen the research lab before but never got to go in it but today was the day, he was going to meet the sender of the email and hopefully it wasn't a scam or trap laid by Team Rocket, "Ok here I am back to where it all began." Soran closed his eyes to all the past lives he had from being a kid to a blinded soldier killing his own parents and ultimatley betraying Team Rocket.

Soran had approched the lab and knocked on the door, "Need's some fixing up." he commented to himself, The door swung open and there was a Proffesor welcoming him then it turned to a surprised one, "Soran is that you?" Soran just nodded as he knew it was Prof. Birch the moment he saw him only a little bit older, "So why send an email it's not your style, that's what I heard." Brendan said as he grew a bit suspisous, "Oh no Soran it's just someone else sent me it and provided me with 9 Pokemon and those Pokemon are rare." Soran relaxed a bit but still wasn't sure, "So what are you waiting for, choose." Prof. Birch smiled, Soran picked up a Poke-Ball and commanded to open.

A Treeko came out and was a silent type like his one but looked loyal aswell, "Ok and what else." Soran asked, Birch handed him a Hoenn Poke-Dex with 5 Poke-Balls and an old Gym Case, "It was Ruby's if you know him." Soran remembered he was the one that saved the region. "Now the rules are you don't set out till the others are prepared now please wait outside there's also someone else waiting so you won't be lonely." Birch beamed. "Ok I'll name you Exia." Soran said as the Treecko beamed, he jumped on Soran's shoulder which Soran didn't mind at all.

Soran opened the door to see a girl but he prefered to be alone and sat down against a wall and took out a picture of his whole family.

OCC: So do we get to compete in the Pokemon League aswell.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • Natalie was up early again a week later, getting ready for her visit to Professor Birch's lab. The doorbell rang and she went over and opened it. "Hello!" said a young boy with blond shaggy hair as he began walking in. "Not now," Natalie said and closed the door. "Aww, please let me in!" said the boy, his squeaky voice muffled by the barrier in between. "No, I have an appointment," said Natalie emotionlessly, not amused by the unexpected visiter. "With who?" the boy asked. Natalie didn't respond and went to her room. She searched through a drawer filled with junk and eventually found a black scarf. She wrapped it around her cold neck and buttoned her white coat. Natalie quietly walked to the door and peered through a small hole. Not spotting the boy again, she opened the door and walked to Professor Birch's lab.
    She decided to be polite and knocked on the door. "It's open, come in," commanded a voice from inside. Natalie opened the door and looked in. "Sir," she said as she walked in.
    "Did you send that email?"
    "No."
    "Then who is U.N. Owen?"
    "I don't know, I received the same email and was told to give out 9 Pokémon. Choose yours."
    Natalie stood there hesitantly. "Well?" asked Professor Birch. She walked to the Pokéballs and grabbed one of them. She tossed it and a beam of red brought out a small Charmander. "What was your name?" asked the professor. Natalie was distracted, patting the Charmander. "Um, what?" she asked. Professor Birch repeated his question. "I'm Natalie, Natalie Finch, you may have seen me," she said, deadpan. "Aren't you the girl who died?" the professor asked. The Charmander looked up at Natalie with large eyes. "No," Natalie responded, glancing at Charmander and back at Professor Birch. "I do not know where you got that from."
    "…Anyway, here are 5 Pokéballs, your Pokédex, and a case for badges."
    "Thank… you."
    "Outside are two other people who were also emailed. You can go meet them. Oh yeah, and you can't leave till everybody is here."

Natalie made her way to the door and looked at her Charmander. "Your name is Aero, yes?" she asked. "Char!" Aero responded in agreement. Natalie opened the door and walked out. She spotted a girl sitting under a tree and sleeping, an Oshawott curled up next to her. She averted her gaze to a boy sitting against a wall with a Treecko on his shoulder. He was looking at what seemed to be a photograph or a note. Natalie looked at both of them cautiously and started walking away from them. Oh yeah, and you can't leave till everybody is here, Professor Birch's voice repeated to her in her head. Natalie laid down on the grass and stared at the sky. Aero looked at her and did the same.

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
  • OCC: Pokeshipper2000 yes you can, you have one day to get your SU up on the OCC and Submission Forum

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
  • What a trip. thought the silver eyed boy as he walked off of the ship into the port of New Bark Town. His voyage had literally taken him a week by ship. Not only that, but he had to share a room with an old elderly couple who both had memory problems. This resulted in his whole trip helping them navigate the ship. Though it wasn't the most exciting thing to do it had tired him out quite a bit. However Kay didn't have much time to worry about that, he had to hurry to the laboratory to find out more about his strange invitation.

After a few minutes of walking Kay found himself at the door of a large white building. "This must be the place" he said to himself noticing the several trainers sitting nearby. He knocked the door seven times in his favorite rhythmic pattern and waited for it to be answered. Without more than a few second elapsing the door swung open revealing an older man with brown hair and a semi-shaggy beard.

"You must be another one of the trainers I'm expecting today. Please come in." The man led Kay through the lobby area of the lab into an adjacent room. In it was a bunch of high-tech equipment that Kay had never before seen. "I'm professor Birch by the way." Said the man as he rummaged through a cabinet. "I'm sure like the others you're wondering about that email, and who U. N. Owen is. Sadly, I have just as much information on the man as you do, none. Though I myself was told to prepare pokemon for trainers who were to be arriving today, which of course I have done. You can have your pick, just take one from the table over there." His face still in the cabinet the professor gestured to the table behind him where 6 pokeballs sat untouched. Kay walked over to the table and surveyed them briefly. He personally had no preference to what his starter should be. So without further thought he picked one up at random.

"I think I'm going to go ahead and take this one professor." Kay said.

"Which one would that be?" Inquired the professor finally coming out of the cabinet with a handful of goods. "I shouldn't have to stress that this pokemon will be your partner for some time, so you should put some thought into it.

"I have a good feeling about this one though" replied Kay pushing the button on the dual colored ball. A flash of red light filled the room, followed by a loud cracking noise. From the light emerged a small orange chick like pokemon. "Torchic" cried the bird as it hopped toward Kay.

"Looks like you've got yourself a loyal one there" laughed the professor. "Well here are some supplies for your journey." Birch then handed him 5 pokeballs, a pokedex and a brown badge case. "The other instruction I was to not let you new trainers leave until you are all together. So if you could kindly wait outside with the others it would be greatly appreciated. "

With that Kay headed out the door, his Torchic skipping merrily behind him. "You're going to need a name aren't you?" Kay asked his Torchic still chirping behind him. "How about Razor?" At the sound of the name the Torchic fell silent staring at the trainer questionably. "Okay Okay, bad name. I got it…Terra!" The birds jumped up with excitement beginning to chirp yet again. "Alright I guess that's what we're going with" Kay then exited the lab and sat under a nearby tree. As Kay watched the other trainers Terra hopped into his lap and sat down.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    "LAND!" Teddy cried as she ran off of the boat and began to jump in the air. "Oh thank gosh." Teddy had been on a boat, by herself for four hours straight. She thought she was going to explode if she had to be one the small, wooden, bumpy, watercraft for another hour.

Teddy brushed herself off and thought to herself, You are sixteen years old, stop acting like an awkward thirteen year old. You are now going to be a Pokemon Master, so time to grow up. Who was she kidding, she was always going to act awkward, it was just personality. People were just going to have to accept her the way she is.

Teddy inhaled for a moment, the she exhaled. The looked around the peaceful town for the Lab....why was she having such a hard time finding it? She scanned the town, but no sign of a lab. Teddy began to panic, had she went to the wrong town?

"Excuse me?" She tapped the shoulder of a woman who was watering her plants. The woman slowly got up and looked at the girl.

"Were is the Pokemon Lab?" Teddy said, looking down while hold her hands together and twisting around.

The women chucked. "No habla ingles."

Teddy smacked her head...of course she would ask the one person who couldn't understand her. She just smiled and walked away. Looks like she was going to have to find the Lab herself. Teddy made her way through the small town, avoiding children that were outside playing Cops and Robbers, and other people that must of had cabin fever or something like that. Finally something struck her eye. A large brick building was resting on top of a small hill. That had to be the lab. Teddy marched happily towards the building, proud that she had found the lab herself. She placed her hands on her hips and struck a pose as the automatic doors opened in front of her....to bad she didn't realize that a large man wearing a lab coat was waiting for her on the other side of the door.

"Well, hello there!" The man chuckled. He was pretty round, will brown hair and a thick shaggy beard.

Teddy jumped. "Oh... Hi." She could feel her face turn red. "Are you U.N Owen."

The man just smiled. "No, I'm Professor Birch." He said. "I have been told to give you a Pokemon, Pokedex, and gym badge case." He smiled again, man was this guy cheery. "Now go on and pick a pokemon." Professor Birch pointed to a table that had nine Pokeballs on top of it. Next to each Pokeball was a picture of the pokemon that was inside each case. "It's been quite awhile since I have done this." He said.

Teddy made her way down the table and stopped at one Pokeball. Beside the Pokeball was the picture of a small green creature with an onion-like bulb ontop of its back. Teddy smiled and picked up the ball. "Bulbasaur." She said. "I'm going to choose this Pokemon." Professor Birch's smile turned into a HUGE grin. "Great choice. I have been working with that little guy for a while, I'm sure you guys will be a great team." He handed her a Pokedex and a pink gym badge case and made his way back to his office. "Good luck!" He said before he left.

Teddy smiled as she held the Pokeball in her hand. She made her way out of the Lab and stopped when she had reached a small tree. This was the perfect spot to see her new partner. "Now...how to I get you out of the Pokeball." She scratched her head, this was the first time she had ever seen a Pokeball in real life. "BULBASAUR GO!" She pointed the pokeball at the tree....nothing happened. "Bulbasaur appear!" She called again. Maybe Professor Birch had given her a dud. Angrily, Teddy through the ball and surprisingly, a red beam shot from the pokeball and a figure appeared. Teddy smiled and looked around, "Yeah, I meant to do that."

A Bulbasaur sat in front of her. "Bulba?" It said turning its head to the side. Teddy squatted down. "Hello, little guy." She smiled pointing her pokedex towards to her Pokemon.

1.png

"Bulbasaur, the Seed Pokemon, Bulbasaur, it bears the seed of a plant on its back from birth. The seed slowly develops. Researchers are unsure whether to classify Bulbasaur as a plant or animal. Bulbasaur are extremely calm and are difficult to capture in the wild."

Teddy placed her handy dandy Pokedex back into her bag and just watched her Bulbasaur wander around. She noticed something a little odd about him though, he seemed a little small for a Bulbasaur. "Pip!" Teddy smiled, "I'm gonna name you Pip." The Bulbasaur turned to her. "Saur!" It called out, running to his trainer. "Guess I'm not the only one that likes the name!" She chuckled as she lifted Pip off of the ground and into her hands.

Last edited:

Lilliana

Years
  • After awhile I spotted some other trainers arrive noticing a boy sitting under a tree close to where I was but not spotting me. "Time to wake up Nixie" I whispered shaking my Pokemon awake.
    "Osha...wott?" Nixie yawned opening her eyes meaning W..why?
    "We're going to introduce ourselves to someone" I said quietly standing and brushing some grass off of my white skinny jeans and walked over to a boy with black hair, he looked to be at least two years younger than her. Hmm, even though he's at least sixteen I still think he's cute I thought to myself as I reached him silently hoping my dyed hair, tattoo, and piercings wouldn't scare a potential friend away. "Hi my names Lilith and this is my partner Nixie" I said brushing some of my curly purple hair out of my face as I heard "Oshawott!" from Nixie meaning Hello!

Totodile12345

Newbie Writer
    Years
  • "finally" yoshi yelled as his boat came up to dock at little root town. Running around for hours looking for the lab he was told to be seen around here. after searching for a full 2 hours he took a break realizing that he was right next to the pokemon lab he slapped his forehead thinking how he didn't see it before. Seeing multiple people around all with pokemon he was about to knock on the door when it opened before he got the chance he jumped back startled. he sighed for a brief moment then walked in. seeing few pokeballs left he looked around for the professor. The chubby man walked out. he had brown hair and looked like he was searching for something. When he turned and looked at yoshi he said "hello, you must be yoshi." yoshi startled that he knew his name asked him "how do you know who i am?" he replied "i was told you were going to show up here with a picture of how you look." yoshi then replied with a low moan "oh" he then said he was going to let yoshi pick between some of the pokemon left. He opened the first one and it turned out to be the exact same pokemon on his shirt. Yoshi said "i choose Snivy." prof. birch wasn't surprised at all. he handed it to yoshi and yoshi let him out of his pokeball once again. the snivy seemed happy but shy. he said first to the pokemon "do you like the name donut?" The snivy got angry by that and attacked him with grass mixer. "i guess not" said yoshi in pain. then he thought then said "how about snivs?" the pokemon stared at him then smiled. "snivs it is then" said yoshi. When leaving the pokemon lab he ran into a girl with dyed hair, a tattoo, and piercings. he apoligized for not watching were he was going.

Last edited:

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
  • Soran put his photo away, he then returned Exia to his Poke-Ball, and continued to sit down while looking at the sky which was a bit clear but a bit cloudy at the same time, he saw the other's arrived but he wansn't a group person so he just stuck to himself.

NightOfRemorse

Years
  • Natalie stared at the sky with her mind drifting away, ignoring the incoming trainers around her. Suddenly, a loud ring came from her phone, startling her and causing her to quickly sit up. "Charmander!" Aero cried, also startled as he shot up. Natalie looked at the caller ID and it read, "Mother". She sighed and clicked the talk key. "Hello?"

"Hi! You left without saying goodbye," Natalie's mom said with a slightly disappointed tone. Natalie remained silent. "You there?" her mother asked after a brief moment of silence. "Yes," Natalie answered. "How's your new Pokémon?" her mom asked, not even sounding all that interested. "Char!" Aero shouted. Natalie quickly put her hand over his mouth to get him to be quiet. She grimaced but then smiled. She began making gagging sounds into the phone. "Natalie?" her mom asked in response. Natalie continued, sounding as if her life were being choked out of her.

Natalie's mom sighed. "Stop it," she said. Natalie smirked at Aero, who was staring in confusion and slight shock. "I-- can't-- seem to--" Natalie said in gasps, hacking and wheezing. "Seriously, stop it right now," her mom said in dismay. She sighed again. "I'm going to call you back later," she said and hung up. Natalie automatically stopped and also hung up. She looked at Aero and lied down on her back again. Aero looked around at all the other trainers with their Pokémon.

"Don't sweat it," Natalie said to him as if reading his mind. He looked at her and then back at the other Pokémon. She patted his head and reached into her coat pocket. She brought out a handful of Oran berries. "Have some," she said as she held them out to him, not looking away from the sky. Aero smiled and ate them. "Char!" he said gratefully. Natalie brushed her dark black hair out of her face, her expression cold and somber.

Totodile12345

Newbie Writer
    Years
  • realizing the professor had forgot to give him the supplys he needed he rushed back into the lab. prof. birch shocked by yoshi coming back so quickly asked him "why yoshi, what are you doing back here?" "you forgot to give me my pokeballs, pokedex, and gym case" yoshi said. Prof. birch surpirsed that he had forgotten already handed him the supplys fast then said "have a nice day yoshi". Yoshi going back outside and again not looking were he was going he walked straight into another girl but not the same one. This girl had a charmander. Yoshi quickly apoligized "sorry. But nice to meecha whats your name?" Snivs saw the charmander and turned away. Yoshi had a feeling snivs had something against this charmander. But he wasn't gonna let him not have a new friend.

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

Years
  • Many thoughts raced through Natalie's mind when all of a sudden, a boy bumped into her. Her eyes widened and she looked up at him. "Sorry. But nice to meetcha, what's your name?" the boy asked. Natalie stared up at him for a few moments.
    "Natalie," she answered, hoping the boy would continue the conversation without her having to say more. Wait, why am I still lying here? she thought in her head. She decided to not bother and get up, it wouldn't make a difference. Aero stared at the Snivy and the Snivy looked away. "Char!" Aero said, trying to be friendly.

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
  • Soran was growing impatient but still remained calm, why did he had to wait, he wansn't a team player and prefered solo, he just kept looking up in the sky just waiting.

Totodile12345

Newbie Writer
    Years
  • "nice to meetcha Natalie. My names Yoshi." Yoshi turned to snivs who looked at him and turned away. yoshi sighed. "how about this apple than, than would you be friendly?" snivs looked at the apple hungrily and ate it in agreement. "i take that as a yes" yoshi patted snivs on the head then stared at the charmander. "this is snivs whats your charmanders name, is it just charmander or something else?"

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
  • As Kay sat by the tree he noticed a girl approach him who was sitting nearby the lab. From her attire he gathered that pretty together. However, he didn't want to make deductions of people without first getting to know them.

"Hi my names Lilith and this is my partner Nixie" the girl said brushing her long purple hair from her face, revealing her silver eyes. This had to be the first time Kay had seen someone with eyes that color other than himself, even though his were a little duller in color. Before Kay could respond to the girl however her Oshawot cried out what seemed to be a friendly greeting as well.

"Torchic chic" chirped Terra excited to see new faces. The small bird pokemon hopped out of Kay's lap and started to dance around the purple haired trainer.

"Hi I'm Kay" replied the black haired boy as he stood up to properly greet the girl. "It's nice to meet you. I assume that we may end up traveling together, or at least be heading the same direction. The professor mentioned that other trainers were starting today. The boy paused for a second searching for something to say. He wasn't very used to small talk since he didn't socialize too much when he was in school. "Umm anyway are you looking forward to the journey across Hoenn?

Lilliana

Years
  • I smiled "Nice to meet you Kay. I figured there would be other trainers because the email said one of nine." I said smiling as I looked at the Torchic dancing around me. "Your starter's really cute does it have a name" I asked as Nixie went over to the Pokemon.
    "Oshawatt" Nixie said happily thrilled to be around another Pokemon.
    I looked at him and smiled to myself He has Silver eyes I thought noticing his slightly duller Silver eyes. "My guess is that we're going to be travelling in a group. But I'm wondering why we got the email out of everyone in the world."

NightOfRemorse

Years
  • "Nice to meetcha Natalie. My name's Yoshi," the boy said. "Nice to meet you," Natalie said as Yoshi turned to his Snivy. She finally sat up and watched Yoshi feed an apple to his Snivy. "This is Snivs, what's your Charmander's name, is it just Charmander or something else?" he asked. "His name is Aero," she answered with a calm voice. She decided to try and contribute to the conversation and thought for a moment.
    "How old are you?" she finally asked after a long pause. She got to her feet and looked at Yoshi. Aero pulled on the bottom of her pants and she softly kicked him without looking down at him. Aero frowned and kept insisting. He pulled on the bottom of her pants again, only Natalie ignored him this time.

Years
  • Name: Wryn A. Bonchi

History: Wryn was born in the small moutain town of Celestic. She was the youngest of 5 children and had to fight for all that she has accomplished. Her papa died when she was eleven leaving her behind to an abusive mother. She learned to cope by not getting close to anyone and never revealing what she was truly thinking.When the e-mail showed up in her inbox she packed her bags and never looked back on the darker days. She loved her small town; however, due to its rich culture and the urge to keep the past alive.

Personality: She keeps her emotions to herself and only showing the facade of a smile. She scopes out how people are and if they are trustworthy. But no matter how close she gets to people they never know anything about her, because she refuses to talk about herself. When she does get close, she will kill to protect those she holds dear and won't blink an eye at death. She could be considered cold except that she smiles and laughs to hide her pain. Her favorite saying quote is :
    Words cut deep
    deeper than any blade,
    Yet I smile,
    laughing at the things you say.

You do not see,
    never knowing the real me,
    I see the truth,
    that which is better left hidden.

Appearance: 5' 6" average build and looks

Skin Color: slight tan from being outside

Eye Color: they shift with her mood, a trait she inherited from her father or so she was told, people don't know that the color is linked to her emotions though.

Hair Color/Style: long layerd blue black hair with silver tips, side swept bangs

Clothes: cargo pants and tank tops.....also depending on the day a button up shirt left open over the tank

Other: (tattoos, piercings, etc.) tattoo of a tribal wolf howling runs the entire length of her back

Starter Pokemon: Mudkip

Starter Nickname: Kip

Starter Gender: Male

Move Set: Tackle, Growl, Mud-slap, Water gun

Last edited:
    Back