• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Hybrid Chronicles

Zore

Reaper
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    Ali quickly agreed to lunch, battle simulations always made her feel hungry; especially when they required her to use elemental attacks. She kept up a steady stream of conversation, informing Ashley of what she had seen and done over the past several days. Most of it was completely irrelevant, and Ali knew that, but there were so few people she felt comfortable talking to that she usually ended up talking about everything.

Ashley did seem a bit preoccupied today though, she kept glancing at passing scientists and looked troubled. Though, as Ali began to look around as well, there did seem to be a lot of scientist out and about today. Pretty soon it had piqued her interest and she stopped talking, trying to figure out what exactly was going on as well. Besides her sight however, Ali's senses were actually slightly less adept than an average human; a consequence of merging two almost entirely sight based creatures. She could tell something was off, a lot of people looked strange and Ashley had on a look of extreme concentration.

"...Ashley?" Ali asked as the pair finally reached the cafeteria, "What's going on? Did someone try to leave again?" A brief note of fear crept into her voice. The last time someone had tried to escape they had cracked down on security a lot. Ali had been labeled high risk and had been heavily monitored for months because of her unique skill set. She hadn't been able to see anyone nice for over a month, just a bunch of scientists who kept telling her the dangers of leaving the facility over and over. That had been the second most frightening thing to ever happen to her, and she never wanted it to happen agian.

Willoweon

The weird grass evolution
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2009
    A while later, Calogera woke up from her nap. "That's better.." She yawned, stretching out her tiny arms, and getting up. The faint smell of food reminded her that she hadn't eaten, and she headed down the hallway, going through two corridors, and finding herself at the cafeteria. She now noticed that there were many more scientests here than usual, and that they kept on looking at her with a strange glare. Calogera wondered if someone had tried to escape? Or maybe it was just one of those days.

She grabbed one of the plastic plates from a small table nearby, as well as a fork and a spoon, not getting a knife as it was easy to cut things with a fork... For her, anyways. Her plate was quickly filled with salad, cheese, and a few cracked crackers. Her spooned some of the cheese into the corner, filling the space with apple sauce.
    Calogera hated the smell of food here.. To much meat. Calogera hated meat. She grabbed her fork, and sat down at a table, stabbing her lettuce and eating it.

Now Calogera stopped, stopped chewing her lettuce, stopped breathing, even. A scientest had a hard eye on her. She shivered, and exhaled deeply as he left. She finished her lunch quickly, and placed the dirty plate on a absent table, before slipping away. Calogera didn't feel right today. Maybe she was tired of having little, usually no sunlight.. Her eyes had no rings of black under them, not like before this. Calogera wanted to go free, but she would have to wait for a good day. "Make them think I is going to leave, don't a-" She stopped as she realised she had started talking aloud, however being safe in her room from prying ears.

Last edited:

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    At her question Ashley shot Ali a warning glance, and whispered, "Shhhh... Not here.... After we get our food, let's sit in that far over there table, and then we can talk. The other people in here talking should drown us out." Putting on a fake smile that she knew would fool anyone who could be watching, she led Ali to the lunch line and grabbed a ham and cheese sandwich and a glass of water. From the line to the table, she smiled and greeted hybrids that she knew (which is a lot) and nodded politely at any scientists in the room, which was something she always did.

Before answering Ali's questions, she scanned the room, trying to find anyone who seemed much too interested in them, but all seemed to be happily engaged in conversations with friend and hardly seemed to notice them sitting back there. Giving them one last look, she turned to her friend, the fake smile still on her face.

"I'm not really sure what's going on, but I don't think that someone tried to escape. Security would certainly be increased if that happened and besides, that's not something that would be hidden from us. They would just turn it into another lesson to teach us not to try to escape," she said to her, voice low. She noticed other people walking into the dining room, but none of them seemed interested in their conservation either.

Breathing a barely audible sigh of relief, she continued, "No, I think something else is going on. It's like the scientists and other people who work here are worried about something.... like they expect something bad to happen. We can't let on that we expect something, though. They could build up the security or put us in solitary confinement or something. Whatever it is they definitely don't want us to know about it. We need to keep this between us, Ali, and I need you to be very brave for me." She smiled sweetly at her, this time a real smile.

"I've also heard some strange rumors going around. Have you heard them?"

Zore

Reaper
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    Ali kept silence per Ashley's request as they both retrieved food from the lunch line, Ashley nodding to several other hybrids. Ali just kept her head down and her hair in front of her eyes. Besides Ashley and a few others Ali never really talked to any of the other hybrids, she only even talked to them because they were the ones who had been friendly with her before the... event. She quickly quashed the memory before it rose and swallowed the tears that threatened to rise, she had to be brave.

The twosome sat down at a table with excellent visibility of the entire lunchroom. Ashley scanned the room, trying to find anyone who seemed much too interested in them. Ali just looked at her friend, curious if she too should be looking out before immediately deciding against. Ashley had way better senses than her anyways.

"I'm not really sure what's going on, but I don't think that someone tried to escape. Security would certainly be increased if that happened and besides, that's not something that would be hidden from us. They would just turn it into another lesson to teach us not to try to escape," Ashley began without preamble, causing Ali to nod in slight relief. Maybe everything was okay after all.

Ashley,however, continued, "No, I think something else is going on. It's like the scientists and other people who work here are worried about something.... like they expect something bad to happen. We can't let on that we expect something, though. They could build up the security or put us in solitary confinement or something. Whatever it is they definitely don't want us to know about it. We need to keep this between us, Ali, and I need you to be very brave for me." She smiled sweetly at her, Ali shyly returning it with one of her own. She knew she absolutely had to be brave, for Ashley.

"I've also heard some strange rumors going around. Have you heard them?" Ali frowned at the question, probing her memory. Nothing however immediately came to mind and she was forced to frown and shake her head vigorously.

"No, what kind of rumor?"

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    pσкємση: нyвяι∂ ¢няσηι¢ℓєѕ
    ησtєѕ

Namora-Good roleplaying skills, I can't wait to see Ashley develop.

Zore- Good posts, Ali definitely is an interesting character in my opinion.

Willoweon- Though incomplete, I can say that you are a good roleplayer, a little confusion with 'two' 'too' and 'to' but that's okay.

ALL- I am making Lusankya co-moderator of the thread, because he is an excellent roleplayer, has more experience with the site, more than me (yeah, I'm kinda new), and has created roleplays of his own, so yeah, snaps for Lusankya. Oh, and don't get me wrong, you guys all rock, I just think that Lusankya would make the best co-mod.

Last edited:

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    Ashley was proud of how brave Ali was being through the conversation. When she asked her about the rumors, she thought for a second and shook her head, saying, ""No, what kind of rumor?" Ashley thought for a minute, trying to recall all that she had heard and took a deep breath.

"Word is that a some kind of weird experiment is going on in the basement. No one seems to really seems to know what's going on except the scientists, of course. I've heard the story from three or four different hybrids, and each told a slightly different story each time. The only thing that they seemed to be sure of is that the experiment is dangerous."

Thinking that Ali was already frightened enough as it was, she added, "Like I said though, they're rumors. I haven't found enough reason yet to believe that they might be true. I will be keeping my eyes and ears open, however, and suggest that you do the same, but enough of the doom and gloom stuff. I only told you because I want you to be careful and safe. No reason to be depressed over things that might happen or could be happening. For all we know, we could wake up tomorrow morning with everything back to normal."

She stood up and gave Ali a playful nudge. Ashley felt a lot better after getting all of that off her chest and things didn't seem quite as bad anymore, at least not at that moment. "If you're done with your food, how about we have some fun. I'm up for anything. What do you want to do?"

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    After he was done training, Kite walked back up to his dorm, took of the chains and stuck them in the box. As impressive weapons or tools they might have been, but they were too heavy to wear around normally. Also, they attracted attention. Not that Kite cared about attention from hybrids, it was attention from the scientists he didn't want. He knew, or at least had heard about, the things they did to those they decided were a threat, and he didn't want to be one of those people. Unlike some of the other, mostly younger hybrids, Kite wasn't naive enough to believe they had their best interests at heart. Quite the opposite, in fact, he thought to himself. Probably when they were done with whatever they were doing with him and the other hybrids, they would be "disposed" of.

That of course, meant escape was essential to his long-term survival. Just when, where, and mostly importantly, how. The complex was an inverted fortress. Unlike a normal fortress, built to withstand attack from without, the laboratory was designed to stop anyone inside from getting out.

Kite glanced at the sole clock in his dorm. It was near lunch time. Had the morning really gone by that quickly? Unless his clock was wrong, and Kite seriously doubted that it was, it had to have been. Brushing off his jumpsuit, he headed down towards the lunchroom. It wasn't too full, but it was far from empty, and he had to wait for several minutes in line. The efficiency of the lunch ladies was always, in his opinion, lacking. Grabbing his lunch of chicken nuggets and fries, he walked through the tables searching for a sufficiently isolated spot.

"I'm not really sure what's going on, but I don't think that someone tried to escape. Security would certainly be increased if that happened and besides, that's not something that would be hidden from us. They would just turn it into another lesson to teach us not to try to escape," drifted the words from another table. They made Kite stop. Looking around, he found a nearby empty table, then sat down at it at the closest point to the two girls chatting in low voices. Leaning over his food, he listened in closely. Eavesdropping was essentially the only way he could get information like this, because in truth, hardly anyone talked to him. Not that he blamed them.

"No, I think something else is going on. It's like the scientists and other people who work here are worried about something.... like they expect something bad to happen. We can't let on that we expect something, though. They could build up the security or put us in solitary confinement or something. Whatever it is they definitely don't want us to know about it." The girl, Ashley, Kite remembered, continued on, but the words were indistinct. The other girl, unfamiliar to him, said something.

"Word is that a some kind of weird experiment is going on in the basement. No one seems to really seems to know what's going on except the scientists, of course. I've heard the story from three or four different hybrids, and each told a slightly different story each time. The only thing that they seemed to be sure of is that the experiment is dangerous," Ashley explained. They continued to talk, but it wasn't about the rumor anymore. Kite leaned back in his seat, closed his eyes, and sighed.

So, the scientists were supposedly up to something in the basement. Possibly dangerous. Kite knew his speculation was likely to be far off, but he reckoned they were probably attempting something new with the making of hybrids.

He thought back to Steven, his maybe one real friend in the complex. He was one of the scientists, not a hybrid, the same one that had got him the chains and done his physical earlier. Having a friendship with a hybrid wasn't allowed for him of course, but he was nice enough to do otherwise. Steven would probably know about it, but Kite didn't want to ask him. He doubted their friendship stretched that far.

He finished eating his food, and took his tray up and stacked it on top of the others.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    "Things dont look so good.. we need those results" said a voice that Aiden didn't recognize. Footsteps echoed through Aiden's Head He began to slowly open is eyes. Some sort of medical room came into view. "Look 304-UI12 is awake"

"Good, now send him to his room"

"Understood" the male scientist picked up Aiden "You know something kid your stupid" Aiden stayed silent Ignoring Him. The man carried Aiden up a series of stairs and finally into his room. "Now stay here!" Aiden wanted to tackle the man but he was already gone.

Aiden got out of his bed he was starving. When Aiden Arived at the Cafeteria he got his meal and ate it. Aiden wanted to be free so bad.

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
    ((OoC: Sorry I haven't been on. I've been busy with work. And you guys move fast. Good job to Lusankya and all that other stuff. Here I go.))

Devin walked into a large, dull room that was covered with a white wallpaper. As Devin closely observed it, he noticed that all along the wall were small vents. Devin could feel a slight air coming from the vents. Weird, Devin thought to himself. A bright light came on that made the dull, barren room seem a tad bit more lively. Suddenly, a loud voice boomed over the intercom.

"Okay, 448! You are going to be participating in a training exercise! Here, we will test three things: reaction, endurance, and overall strength. Get ready for test number one!" the voice screamed. Devin readied his stance, but nothing happened. A look of discomfort and confusement spread acoss Devin's face.

"What's going on?" Devin screamed.

"I'm sorry, 448, but there are no articles of clothing allowed to cover your face in the training arena. Please remove the hood and we may continue. Otherwise, you may not leave," the voice explained.

"I hate all of you," Devin said to himself. He slowly removed the white hood and revealed two rather large blue ears that protruded from the top of his head. Devin readied his stance, once again, and prepared for the worst.

"Here we go! Reaction test!" the voice boomed yet again. After the voice, several discs began flying and Devin. Using his aura, Devin deflected many of the discs, but they always seemed to be returning to him. Devin could not keep this up for long.

"If you haven't noticed, 448, these discs are specifically targeting your aura. The more you use it, the more tired you get!" the voice laughed. Devin knew who the voice was; it was one of the other Physical Education and Well-being professors, Professor Eisenhower, of Professor E as Devin called him.

"Shutup!" Devin screamed as he tried to concentrate. Devin's vision becam outrageously clear as he began to scout the room. His once wide and broad movements became small and reserved, cutting down his energy output. Devin noticed the slots where the discs were shooting from. Devin gathered aura in his mouth and fired a large Aura Sphere into the air. All of the discs flocked to it. While the discs were distracted, Devin used ExtremeSpeed to destroy all of the slots that the discs were exiting from. When the Aura Sphere disappeared, the discs dropped to the ground. Devin walked over and destroyed all of them using a Psychic attack.

"Good job, 448! Now onto the endurance test!" Professor E exclaimed.

Great. Another damn test, Devin thought to himself as he readied once again for the worse to come. He was tired and panting, but he could manage through it. He had to.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    ησtєѕ

Lostt-The last post could have been a bit longer, but it isn't bad.

namora and Zore- Since Ali and Ashley are carrying on a conversation, I'm going to let the shorter posts go, mainly because it's hard to fit more than what's being said when two people are carrying on a conversation, and they're still pretty decent length.

All-if you want a good example on length, check out Lusankya and King_Lucario's posts.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Sign-ups still open? May I join?

Name: Jiro
    Pokemon: Smeargle
    Scientific Designation: 537-SM86

Appearance: At first glance, one may not realize that this boy had once been human. While he stands at 4'11, nearly a foot taller then the average smeargle, he is covered in light cream-brown fur from head to tow, a long paintbrush tail sprouting from his backside, secreting blue paint-fluid, and his face somewhat taking the shape of a smeargle snout, complete with floppy brown ears and brown rings on his wrists and ankles. His eyes are a dark blue, the same shade as his tails paint. As for clothing, he wears a beret on his head matching his fur color, a dark brown vest witch is usually unbuttoned and has a blue pawprint on the back (As his actual back lacks one) and a brown pear of jeans, with a hole in the back to let his tail out. Around his neck is a brown collar, with a dogtag on the front stating his scientific number.

Personality: Jiro can easily be summed up as shy and timid, usually not going out of his way to talk to people. He is the type of person you wouldn't really notice if he suddenly dissapeared, perhaps because hes the type people don't tend to notice at all. He is easily bossed around, never wanting to displease someone, and as such can be taken advantage of. While he excels in battle against training dummies, in battles with other hybrids he is like a deer in the headlights. The thought that he could actually get hurt overwhelms him, and his mind cant really focous on anything else, usually causing him to be hurt. He wonders what life outside of the lab would be like at times, but isn't nearly interested enough to attempt to leave. He keeps a sketchbook in his room which he fills with various pictures, ranging from random things that pop into his mind to events that had happened to him during the day.

History: The first thing that Jiro can remember is a sharp pain going through his body as he was merged with the DNA of a smeargle, changing his body, and his life, forever. Anything before that is foggy, almost as if he was born at that instant. The scientists were intreauged by Jiro's developments, being much faster and sturdier then normal smeargles. Combining this with the fact he could learn any possible pokemon move gave him the potential to be the ultimate fighting machine. Of course, in order to learn a move through sketch, it has to be used on you. For the first few weeks of his battle training, all he did was take hits from other pokemon, learning new moves at the price of being beat to a pulp. Being beat up all the time did things to his mind. It caused him to become shy and timid, and while he excelled in battle simulations, any real ones he got into always ended horribly on his part. As other hybrids began to realize his timid nature and inability to defend himself, he began to get bullied. Specifically by a very large Snorlax hybrid, who seemed to enjoy making his life miserable more then other hybrids. And so Jiro withdrew even more, becoming the shy, timid hybrid he is today.

RP Sample: (Taken from Final Fantasy: The War Of The Rats & The Eagle's Rapture on Serebii forums)

Everything was dark. The only thing visible to Lini was a shadowy figure in the distance, who, at a very slow pace, was walking further and further away, carrying his parents under his arms. The small Moogle was frantically chasing after, tears welling up in his eyes, calling out to them, pleading that they were released. The shadowy figure did not even acknowledge his presence, and continued onward. Lini chased after with all the speed his small body could possibly muster, but with every step, every tear, every plea, the figure seemed to get further and further away. Gravity seemed to inverse itself, and the Moogle suddenly found himself falling backwards, away from his parents, still crying out for them as loud as he could, unable to do anything as he watched them vanish into the distance, disappearing into the darkness, leaving Lini alone as he fell, hopelessly, and alone, still crying out for them, reaching for the spot they had vanished from, attempting to fly up to them using his wings, but was inevitably dragged further down. He couldn't fly. He could only fall.

"Lini?" A voice called out to him as he fell, the darkness starting to dissipate as he heard it "Lini? Wake up. Were almost there."

Slowly, the small Moogle's eyes opened as he awakened once more. He kept them squinted, rubbing them with his paws, attempting to adjust them to the new level of light in the Airship Cabin.

"…Morning…" He said to the Nu-Mou in the seat next to him, who had woke him up, still a bit groggy.

"You seem a bit troubled." He said "Is there something on your mind?"

"No… Not really." Lini replied. He got out of his seat and walked over to one of the nearest windows, staring out of it, gazing upon the clouds floating past them, the ground miles below, and the view of Dalmasca approaching from the horizon. Lini knew that Taiki didn't buy the whole 'nothings wrong' bit. In the past year he had spent with him, he grew to feel like the Nu-Mou could read him like a book.

Had it only been a year? It had felt like an eternity. Those days he had spent with his mother and father, living in the skies, not having any set home, with the freedom to go anywhere and anywhere, it all seemed so far away. He had been invincible. His domain was the sky. His world was ever-expanding. Now everything was different. This airship would land, and he would return to the ground. The Rapture had clipped his wings. On the ground he would stay.

"Say Lini…" Taiki said, sensing the Moogles sadness "Once we land and check into our accommodations, what say we head a bit outside the city to where the monsters roam, so you could test your cannon out?"

Lini nodded, but said nothing. He had completed the cannon itself a few days before they had left on their trip, but it had only been tested on inanimate targets, not living, breathing monsters. It most likely would take his mind off things, so it sounded fine for him. Lini returned to his chair and sat down, the airship now approaching the entrance to the aerodome and preparing to land.

-------------------------------------

Lini and Taiki walked out into the open streets of Dalmasca. Lini had his aforementioned cannon strapped around his back, and a bag with his clothes, books, and other things in one of his hands. Taiki carried his staff and one of his bags (large in comparison to Lini's) in one hand, with another bag in his other.

"The crowds sure havn't changed, eh?" Taiki commented, looking around at the hustle and bustle of the city. "Come now, we have to get moving. We will be staying at an inn situated right above a local pub. The sooner we get rid of our bags the better, right?"

Lini nodded, and began to follow Taiki as he walked through the crowds. Luckly his bright red robes stuck out amongst the crowd, so he was not that afraid of getting separated. Now that he thought about it, though his family had visited Dalmasca before, he never had actually been in much of the city. Most of his time was spent in the Aerodome, or onboard the ship. He marveled at the grandeur of it all, taking it all in. He had the feeling that this was going to be an interesting trip. Yes, interesting indeed.

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
    Devin was ready. His mind was focused on a single task: passing this training regiment and moving on with his life. Devin readied his stance yet again as Professor E began to talk on the intercom.

"Are you ready, 448? The endurance test is a tough one!" Professor E's low voice drawled. Devin nodded his head and focused his sight. He didn't know what was going to happen, but he was prepared for anything. Suddenly, the entire room went dark. Devin couldn't see a thing; his aura had somehow been cut off. Devin thrashed about as someone or something began to grab hold of him. It grabbed his arms and legs and bound them. Devin was then pulled to a large upright table and strapped on as the lights came back on.

"What are you doing?" Devin asked loudly, frantically looking around.

"The endurance test! Now get ready for some serious pain!" Professor E bellowed. OUt of the wall a large ray gun hoisted on a mechanical arm was focused on Devin. It was charging, giving off a shrill noise that greatly bothered Devin.

"AHH! Make it stop!" Devin screamed as he squirmed on the table he was attached to. The noise was too much for him to bear; his ears started to bleed and his heart began to beat faster. Devin was going to become seriously injured if he didn't find a way out.

"Can't handle it, 448? Well too bad. You have to!" Professor E bellowed once again. Devin continued squirming as the noise got louder and louder. Suddenly, the barrel of the ray gun began to glow. Energy was flowing in from the main chamber that held the fuel. Devin began to sweat and worry, worrying for his life.

I have to find a way out. I can't use my aura, but what can I use? Devin thought to himself. He had plenty of time to think because the adrenaline coarsing through his veins made time seem slower to him. He couldn't use energy, but he had an idea as to what he needed to do. The menacing ray gun began to charge even more, emitting an even more powerful screech. Devin braced himself, waiting for the gun to fire. The ray gun fired, giving off the highest pitched screech Devin had ever heard in his life. In a last ditch effort save himself, he opened his mouth and did something he wouldn't think about: he let out a menacing screech, a Metal Sound. Devin's pitch matched that of the ray gun, keeping the energy from touching Devin. The whole room began to shake at the wake of Devin's fury.

Devin kept up this feat for a few minutes, ehausting his energy. In another last ditch effort, Devin used the rest of his energy to heighten the intensity of his screech. It destroyed the ray gun and shattered the windows of the training dome. Devin, exhausted, dropped his head and began to pant rapidly, trying to catch as much breath as possible. He was released from the table and dropped onto the dirt floor. Devin continued catching his breath, but managed to utter a few words.

"Is that all you punks got?" Devin said sarcastically. He looked up and Professor E, who was hidden in the shadows.

"No. Get ready for your final test, 448. I will warn you: it will hurt," Professor E said as he pressed a button. The room became dark. Devin readied, once again, to prepare for the worse, once again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Physicals. The idea of being in practically nothing but your undergarments as a doctor examined you always made Jiro feel uneasy. He shivered as the doctor placed the cold stethoscope on his chest to listen to his heartbeat. Even through his fur, the metal face of it was still very cold. Taking the medical instrument away, he wrote a few things down on his chart, and held out a flask filled with water to him afterwards.

"Dip your tail in this please." The doctor asked, and he did as he was told, the paint from his tail causing the water to turn blue. Sealing off the flask, labeling it and putting it aside, he motioned Jiro to the scale, where he proceeded to weigh the human-pokemon. Glancing at the scale, he took a few notes down, before putting a finger on Jiro's ribcage and pushing in. His finger collided with the bone, and the doctor frowned.

"538, you seem to be very underweight." The doctor said. Jiro wished they would call him by his name, but he knew that to them, he was nothing but a set of numbers "I suggest you start eating more. We want to make sure you are good and healthy."

Jiro nodded, but that may be harder then it sounded. Recently, Taro, the Snorlax-hybrid whom he had troubles with, decided that Jiro's meals were better off adding to his already massive girth then delivering nutrition to the poor Smeargle hybrid. He was now forced to find someplace to eat without being discovered, if he wished to eat at all.

"Well, your all done." The doctor said, motioning to the door "Should anything come back wrong with your bloodwork, we will let you know."

Jiro nodded once again, and grabbed his clothes, pulling and zipping up his pants, making sure his tail was safely through their intended hole, and slipping on his vest, before promptly leaving the room without another word.

-

Jiro walked down the halls of the facility, moving twords the training room to try and blow off some steam. He clutched his stomach as it growled rather loudly. It had figured that Taro had been waiting for him at the end of the lunch line. As per usual, all of his food ended up in the Snorlaxs' belly instead of his, dispite Jiro informing him of his apparant food problem. True, training would only end up with his body requiring more food, but dinner was quite a ways away, and the cafiteria workers refused to give out seconds, he wouldn't be getting food any time soon.

Once inside the training room, Jiro faced his practice robot, set to be a Machamp, his weakness, as it charged at him. He did not move, but not for fear. He stayed still, with his eyes fixed on his oncoming opponent, using his move "Lock On" to make sure not to miss his mark, raised his hands to his sides, and attacked. A flurry of ice and snow appeared from nowhere behind him, speeding twords the dummy. At an extremely cold temperature, the dummy froze where it stood, Sheer Cold doing what it was intended to and completely immobilizing his opponent. Jiro sighed at his victory. If only he could do that to an actual pokemon...

Last edited:

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    ησtєѕ

King_Lucario-Great post, Devin's an interesting character
    Gamekrazy-Good first post, can't wait for the next one
    Goulerbot-sure, you might be the last one though Reserved until Wednesday

Years
    Hopefully I'm not too late... Might I still sign up?

Name: Jasper Luelk
    Pokemon: Umbreon
    Scientific Designation: 751-AI43

Appearance: Although short for a human his age, Jasper is actually of a perfectly fine height for an Umbreon-cross at 5 feet tall or 152 centimeters tall. He has wispy midnight black hair. Just above where human ears ought to be, Jasper has Umbreon ears – charcoal colored except for a ring of yellow on both. In surprising contrast to his hair and ears, Jasper retained his pale complexion from when he was human. There is a tattoo-like ring of gold on each of his shoulders, stretching from his shoulder blade to just above his elbow. A matching pair of glowing rings are on his legs – from just below his knee to his ankles. An Umbreon tail sprouts from his backside, extending from his tailbone and controlled by Jasper. Again, it is encircled by a ring of gold. All these 'rings' are the equivalent of Umbreon's markings and glow when Jasper is feeling particularly extreme or when he's fighting. His eyes are a scarlet red and Jasper's nose seems small on his face. Similarly, he has a small mouth. When he opens his mouth, sharp white fangs can be seen.

Jasper has fingers, but he is missing his pinky-finger on both hands and the other three fingers are spaced out slightly to counteract that. Sharp claws are in place where his nails out to be. His feet are more paw-like than human like, and they too have claws. Jasper ordinarily wears a pair of blue jeans torn just below his knee and a red T-shirt. He does own a hooded sweatshirt as well, but rarely wears it.

Personality: Jasper is a loner at heart and tends to shy away from other people/hybrids. He's not ashamed of his ears, tail and other 'mutations' either, unlike some other hybrids. Jasper can't imagine himself without his so-called 'mutations'. He is extremely loyal to those who befriend him - that is, a precious few. That's not to say he's extremely laidback, Jasper is paranoid and living in a lab has not helped. Some of his quirks include obsessive counting, sudden mood changes and an odd sleeping schedule. If he still lived in the real world, Jasper would have been diagnosed with several mental disorders. As it is, Jasper does have bouts of rage now and then, but usually it is self-contained or he expresses it on the battle field. He tends to see others as inferior unless proved other wise and doesn't easily make friends.

History: Jasper Luwell was only three years old when he was kidnapped from his parents - two drunks who never noticed their son was missing and never reported it, part of the reason why they picked him. The earliest thing he remembers is his older (by five years) sister Jessica singing a lullaby to him. It is his happiest memory, and Jasper hopes to get out and find Jessica some day. The next thing he remembers is pain, seeming like it would never stop. He vaguely remembers the faces staring at him, poking and prodding. Jasper grew up at the lab and aside from Jessica's face, he only really remembers a sense of hurt. He has no memory of how he looked when he was human.

Anything Extra: Nothing, for now.

RP Sample: (From an Eragon Roleplay)
    The hardened pads of his paws beat heavily on the harsh, hot sand beneath him and his fur - which never before had seemed so heavy - weighed him down and made the werecat sweat heavily.

But he had to keep walking - what else was there to do? The werecat paused and licked one of his mottled black and brown paws, but his tongue felt fat in his mouth as he opened it. Alyx laid his paw back down.

Aah, curses to his dark pelt. It only made the sun beat harder on him. He swore softly in his head, almost wanting to transform into his boy form...But no, what if he was sunburned?

Alyx hated sunburn.

He'd been traveling through the Hadarac Desert for several days, now, but he was getting slightly lonesome. Alyx was appalled at himself, but the fact remained that it was so. He had not seen any sort of intelligent being about and he did like conversation...occasionally.

Aha!

A figure!

He peered at the figure, wondering whether to approach it. Alyx came closer.

Oh.

A human - but no...he gave a long sniff and stared curiously at the sentient being.

A strange mixture of something he'd never smelt before laid on her being.

Alyx padded forward, staying to the few shadows and many pawsteps behind before he was finally at the tree.

Hello, he murmured, touching her mind lightly. If she was a normal human, who had perhaps eaten something strange, her mind would open up to his in a matter of moments.

How have you come to be here, girl?

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    (Better?)

During a break in their conversation, Ashley glanced up in time to observe Kite standing up from the nearby table he'd been sitting at. As he placed his tray on top of the others, she smiled mischievously at his back. How could he possibly think that he could "discreetly" listen to our conversation. What does he think these large ears are for? Fashion? In essence, sneaking up on Ashley was like trying to sneak up on a real Flareon, which had a sense of hearing and smell almost as sharp as a Growlithe. She'd noticed his arrival before he even entered the cafeteria.

When he approached a nearby table, she considered ending the conversation before he overheard to much, but in all the years that she'd known him, she'd never thought of him as a tattler. In fact, she didn't think Kite had hardly any friends at all since almost all the hybrids, herself included, were at the very least a little frightened of him. But who could blame him for being a little strange and unstable? Anyone who could be intentionally mutated and not be affected was either a robot or a mental and emotional superhuman. Because of this, Ashley always tried to be friendly to him, but it wasn't easy. Well, maybe the information that he over heard would be as beneficial to him as she hoped it was for Ali.

She sighed. It was her hope that one day all of the hybrids would be able get along. After all, they were pretty much stuck together. Although she strongly wished to escape the laboratory someday, no one had ever succeeded in the attempt, which that along with her appearance, made her feel very reluctant to try. She feared that the hoody and baggy jean that she kept just for the purpose of escaping would never be used. Despite being a pretty bold person socially, there were just some issues that seemed to require more than she could handle alone. The mystery of what went on down in the basement was one of them.

The basement was strictly forbidden to all hybrids. Whereas some had attempted to explore it- all in failure-, most left it alone in fear of being punished. Unsuccessful escapes had taught them all what it was like to be on the scientists bad side with solitary confinement and such in their arsenal. On the other hand, the hybrids did seem more bold as of late. Escape attempts haven't exactly become more common, but sometimes when they think that the scientist aren't listening, she's often heard whispered complaints of treatment and plans of escape from the others. Like her, they seemed much more suspicious of those who work for the laboratory and were no longer satisfied in blindly following directions. Could a mass breakout be somewhere in the future? In any case, Ashley and Ali needed to be prepared no matter what happened.

Breaking into her thoughts, was the sound of even more footprints entering the cafeteria. Blast these ears! They never give me a moment of peace! This time it was the pikachu-hybrid, Aiden, who stepped through the doorway. He looked bruised and battered, and he was scowling, like something was bothering him. Standing up and motioning Ali to follow, she walked toward his table, concerned about what had happened to him. Could he have gotten into some kind of training accident? She hoped that he wasn't hurt too badly. As far as she could tell, he had some bruises and cuts but no serious injury.

"Hey Aiden. What's wrong? Did something happen?" She looked down at him, trying to catch his eye.

Last edited:

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    ησtєѕ

namora-much better, very good post both in detail and length

Jaydin Knight-normally I would say that we've already got enough people, but I liked you character a lot, so yeah, you're Accepted

Years
    ((Thanks! And call me Jaydin. xD))

"751, 751!" A voice startled him out of his thoughts and the Umbreon hybrid reacted instantly, assuming there was danger. 751's long, jet-black ears flattened against his skull, his fangs, claws unsheathed, scarlet eyes gazing intently on his target, every muscle tensed, poised to attack. A low growl rumbled out of 751's throat. Evidently, the hybrid's Pokemon side had a strong grip on him.

"751-AI43! 751-AI43, snap out of it!" the scientist shrieked, backing away in alarm. She was a fairly pretty woman of twenty years, behind her oval-shaped, thick glasses and unkempt brown hair, and she was regretting her choice to get experiment 751-AI43 to his physical. Usually the former was calm, self-controlled and unfazed but now...now he was advancing on Intern Louise Malcry as though she was prey. The rumbling growl was a full snarl and he closed in on his prey, his misshapen paw-feet fluidly padding closer and closer.

Louise took a gulp, but the scent of her fear was alcohol to the Umbreon hybrid. His scarlet eyes were gleaming with a predatory, malevolent look that scared her to the bone. What had he called himself? she pondered to herself. All the hybrids were very particular about being called by their 'given' name, she knew, but 751 had never been very loud...Ah, she remembered now!

"Jasper!" Louise called in desperation. "Jasper, Jasper!" the Umbreon hybrid jumped as though he had been struck and slowly, the malice and predator look drained from his eyes leaving what looked like a scared little boy in those scarlet eyes. The look only lasted a moment before Jasper masked it with a bored indifference.

"Yes, Intern Malcry?" he asked mockingly, rubbing his knuckles on his T-shirt and blowing on them. "Was there something you needed?" She shuddered. It was as though the whole affair had never happened! Louise couldn't believe his nerve and yet...maybe none of it had happened. Maybe this place was just driving her crazy... Louise shivered.

"Yes, 751," She tried to sound stiff and superior to the experiment, but she didn't quite succeed in masking her fear. A little smirk crossed the freak's face and she wanted to scream with hatred toward him - but - but she was afraid. "You need to go take your physical. Follow me." she strode arrogantly out of the room, but she couldn't help feeling the hybrid knew it was all bravado.

Jasper followed the intern out of his room - his cell, he mused silently - and down the hall. He wasn't sure what had come over him, but it wasn't unfamiliar to Jasper. The hybrid walked a very fine line between human and Pokemon, and most of the time his emotional state was...well, human. But on an instinctual level, he would always be a Pokemon. When he battled, the Pokemon part of him took over and his reasonings were gone. The intern had startled him and so he had reacted instinctively. But still, how the intern assumed she was thinking false things was funny to him and he felt smug. No punishments this time.

Soon, they reached the room where physicals were held. He sniffed, and flared his nostrils in disgust. The room held a very sterile smell, something Jasper thought was awful. The walls were a boring white and the floor, to match, consisted of large, white tiles. A doctor came in as the intern left and Jasper straightened up. The doctor - a middle-aged man - had a cold, hard look in his eye. He was not to be messed with.

"Strip." the doc ordered him, Jasper, with the merest flicker of his rings, obeyed, pulling his shirt over his head and stepping out of his pants. His malformed feet-paws were rather small for shoes, and the pads were strong and durable - shoes only slowed the hybrid down. "Scale." another sharp order. Jasper's left ear twitched in annoyance. Clad only in his boxers, he stepped onto the scale, crossed his arms and waited. A shrill beep sounded, annoying Jasper's rather sharp hearing and he let out a huff.

"80 pounds," he heard the doctor mumble as the scratch of pen on paper sounded. He frowned, as his height was measured ("152 centimeters, probably done growing, I reckon, eh, 751?" ), his heartbeat taken...Everything was utterly, boringly - NORMAL.

Finally, at last, he was 'released' from his physical. He yanked up his pants, pulled his shirt on and walked stiffly out.

Last edited:
    Back