• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Hybrid Chronicles

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    "Oh.. nothing is wrong.. nothing dont worry" Aiden said trying to keep everyone Happy. "Ya Know what? Im curious about what is down in the basment aren't you?" asked Aiden. He cocked his head to the right. "I mean, we have pokemon powers, what do they have? Only the walls around us but im sure that if we use our powers on them we could easily win, dontcha think that?" He asked Again. "Well, anyways im hungry im going to eat.." he started to walk away "Oh and stop by my room if you are interested in coming" he added a bit louder.

Aiden got his meal, "What is this....?" Aiden asked him self. "Well it doesn't look good but if it is all they got then i got to eat it.." Aiden plugged his nose and then scarfed the meal down. "Man that wasn't that bad." Maybe it was because he was so hungry, maybe it just tasted good. It didn't Really Matter eithere way. "Well i should train before the basment just incase..."

Aiden Stood and walked over to the door leading to the Battle Arena. Before Aiden opened it he stopped he had to build up enough courage. He managed to sum up the right amount and pushed open the doors. "Ok.." he yawned "I need to be a bit more careful when setting up.." Aiden walked over to a machine in a far off corner. He set it up on
    AGRESSIVE, EASY. Plop! Aiden giggled at the sound of the Mechaninc Maril coming out of the far end.

"Alright a Maril this should be easy!" Aiden said a bit enthusiastically. He waited for the Maril to come close before he Tackled it. Bam! That was the sound it made as he collided sending the maril back. "Yeah!" Aiden said Triumphantly Now ill follow it up with a quick attack Aiden Thought. Aiden got in the Tackle position but blasted off at immense speed. He smashed the Maril once more again making the Bam sound. "Now feel my Lightning Bolt!" Said Aiden while charging his energy. As the bolt shot towards the maril the machine curled up into a ball ducking under the bolt. "Darn!" said Aiden. Aiden did another quick attack and collided with the machine as it rolled into Him. Aiden Went back a little. "Alright, i'm not losing.." said Aiden Determined to win. He walked towards the Maril who shot a blast of water witch Aiden Countered with another Thunder Bolt. He stepped back and watched in Awe as the attack surged through the water and then onto the machine. The Machine went down and then Retreated. "All RIGHT" Yelled Aiden as he jumped into the Air. "Hooray I WON" he yelled again.

Aiden left the Battle Arena walking through the cafeteria made him hungry again but he had already ate. Aiden though of a mischievous plan to get more. He stood at one side of the room and did a quick attack snatching up what ever he could grab. He got a piece of Bread and Milk. He stepped on the first step of the stairs. "Well, better than nothing.." Aiden quickly climbed the stairs not wanting to get caught. He ate the Bread Quickly. It was very hard and cold. He then drank the milk it tasted sour. "I should complain about the food" said Aiden to himself. "Now i will rest up.." Aiden undressed. Laying down he pulled out his Journal and scrawled down. Today i won the battle against a machine that is 1 out of four. Not the best score but atleast i won. He closed it and rolled over quickly falling asleep.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Phew. It's 8:13 PM here.

Name: Maverick (likes to be called Mav)
    Pokemon: Swampert
    Scientific Designation: 905-HO51

Appearance: Maverick is almost more pokemon than human. Standing at about 4'11", an identical height to that of an actual Swampert, he sports most features of one. The few differences are that his fins are less developed in size, his hands have thumbs, he isn't hunched over and that his eyes are a deep hazel. He prefers to wear a black hoodie, and contrasting white pants (with a slit for his tail fin, of course). He is particularly fond of his gills, which make him the only hybrid he knows of able to breath water. In fact, the only way he can be easily recognized is the fact that he wears clothes.

Personality: Maverick is a curious person, always trying to find out about a few things some way or another. He doesn't like to fight much, but due to his part Swampert genetics when he's forced to he will react with enormously immense power. He is rather stubborn, and will refuse to give up on anything unless it is absolutely hopeless. Try to argue with him and you'll be brought crashing back to the ground (unless you're a scientist, of course).

History: Maverick, as a baby, always liked to explore. In fact, he loved to explore. As a result, he was always getting into trouble. Lots of trouble. This was actually a pretty useful trait, as it happened. Maverick's house was empty, except for him and a babysitter. You see, his parents were out for a dinner party…or at least, they were supposed to be. Then it came: the dreaded news report. The news: to adults killed in a car crash. Recognizing them as Maverick's parents, the babysitter turned poor little Mav over to an orphanage. Only a little later he was snatched and merged with a Swampert. He was amazing from the start, having such immense strength, yet so curious and stubborn as to almost completely refuse to use it. It was only after he was pitted against a training dummy did he realize that combat could be required, at times.

Anything Extra: it's kind of hard to figure out whether Swampert have feet or paws… a little help there would be appreciated.

RP sample: So sorry to say, but I haven't been in even one RP at all before this one. Oh well, I'll just see how I go.(if you want proof, look at my post count)

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    ((That post was actually rushed. I was hoping to expand on the cafeteria scene a bit more, but had to leave.))

And once again another training robot fell. The simulated Dragonite was easily vanquished by Jiro's sketched Dragon Claw. He was panting now, his hunger getting to him as his stomach let out another loud growl. It was still anticipating lunch, but it wouldn't get anything till dinner. Hopefully, that is, assuming Taro didn't get to him first. No... that wouldn't happen! The fiend wouldn't get ahold of two of his meals in the same day!

Feeling content with training, the smeargle turned to head back to his room, figuring he would draw to take his mind off of things until dinner rolled around, but speak of the devil, he ran headfirst into the very hybrid he was thinking about, and hoping not to see.

"Well well... Hey there pal!" The Snorlax said in his usual mocking tone. He towered over Jiro, making him feel very small in comparison, he had to be at least seven feet tall. His body was well rounded, much like a Snorlax's, and his hands and feet were that of a Snorlax. Blue fur covered his arms, legs, and ears, leaving his body bare, revealing his human skin. Reaching down, Taro grabbed the helpless Smeargle by the tail, hoisting him up to eye-level. Normally, a pokemon would be in pain from being lifted in such a way, but Taro handled Jiro like this often, and he had gotten used to it.

"H-hey Taro..." He Jiro stammered in response, intimidated by the large pokemon hybrid "J-just got your physical?"

Now, Taro had been systematically making his life miserable for quite a while now, and as such, Jiro learned a thing or two about him. One of the unpleasant things about the large hybrid, was that he usually carried with him a very noticeable odor. Being so large, Taro couldn't fit inside of any of the facilities shower or bath chambers, so the only time he got cleaned was on the day of his physical, when a team of workers would help wash him down. The absence of his usual stench told Jiro his check-up had already passed.

"Why yes, actually." He responded, smirking "The doc said I look great! Granted, he did mention I may be overeating a bit, but with my Snorlax metabolism its not like im going to clog an artery or anything. So how did yours go?"

"H-he said Im underweight..." Was all he could get out.

"Aw, pity. You should eat more." Taro said, with a devilish smile on his face "Anyway, Im glad you ran into me. Ya see, Im just brimming with energy from my physical right now, and could use a good spar with someone, ya know? And well, seeing how you were performing a few seconds ago, I figure you would be a good choice in an opponent, don't you agree?"

"I-" Jiro started, but Taro wouldn't let him finish.

"Perfect. I gotta warn ya, Ive been practicing."

With that, Jiro was lifted even higher into the air, before his large opponent brought his hand down and slammed him into the ground. Pain hurt. Jiro was probably going to be feeling that for quite a while, but not nearly as much as what was coming next. Looking up, to his horror, Taro was falling forward, down ontop of him. Time seemed to slow down as he saw the massive pokemons body slam approaching, but he sat there, unable to do anything. His mind had gone blank, as it usually did in situations like this, and soon he found himself pinned under the massive hybrids body. His opponents great weight crushed down upon his body, forcing the air from his lungs, causing him to pass out under the pokemons massive girth.

Realizing his opponent was no longer conscious, Taro got up, removing his weight from the Smeargle's defenseless body, and looking upon his defeated opponent.

"Only two moves and your already down?" Taro said, though he knew Jiro currently was not able to hear him. "Your no fun at all. Now I gotta go find something else to do..."

With that, Taro uncerimoniously left, leaving Jiro passed out on the floor. If he didn't wake up on his own, one of the workers here would most likely return him to his room like they usually did.

Last edited:

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    pσкємση: нyвяι∂ ¢няσηι¢ℓєѕ
    ησtєѕ

Jaydin- sure, cool name, by the way. Your first post is excellent, keep it up!

Lostt- Better on the post length, a moving a little fast in the beginning two paragraphs or so, but good overall.

Goulerbot- for a first roleplay app. it's not bad, try to learn from the other roleplayers, okay? Accepted!

Gamekrazy- I understand, don't worry about it, it reaches my expectations

aceattorneyweirdgirl

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Maverick slowly got to his feet, only to find a scientist in front of him. Oh, boy. The physicals are today. He had a particular distaste for the stethoscope. Rather ironic, as that is what the scientist was holding. Maverick closed his eyes, and felt the cold sensation of the stethoscope on his chest. The scientist removed it a little later, and suddenly said, "It's time for the arm strength test. Follow me." Maverick was lead to a chamber with a rather large lifting weight labeled '3 tons'. "Three tons!?!?! How am I supposed to lift that!?" came the startled reply. "I may be strong, but this too much even for me!" "Just do it!" the scientist growled. "Ok, ok, I'll try." There was no point trying to argue with him. He had the upper hand, with all sorts of punishments at his disposal.

Maverick never had a chance lifting the colossal 3-ton weight. He tried, though, getting it about half his body height's worth up in the air. The scientist sighed, scrawled something on his keyboard, and declared that it was time to do a blood pressure test. He slowly fitted the wristband looking thing on, well, Maverick's wrist. When it was taken off, the scientist said, "Ok, we just have one test left." Announced the scientist.

Another test? Thought Maverick. Normally the tests don't go this far. And last time the weight was only 1 ton. Being part Swampert obviously strengthened his confidence. 'last time' he lifted the weight with ease. "The next test is battling, 905!"

(OOC) soooo short...

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    A scene was going on the cafeteria as Kite was walking towards the door, ready to go out. He stopped to watch, like several others. A gigantic hybrid was busy bullying another one, probably a younger hybrid. Judging by appearance alone, Kite deduced that the larger one was probably a Snorlax hybrid, if his enormous size, rounded shape, Snorlax-like hands and feet, and surplus of blue fur were any indication. Taro, he believed his name was. It was, after all, difficult to miss him if he were walking down the hallway.

The other hybrid, the one who looked like he had just been caught trying to steal a bit of cheese, was practically a midget in comparison. He probably stood no higher than five feet at the very most, and looked like the result of a Pokemon-Human melding experiment gone horribly wrong. Which, Kite reminded himself, was quite possibly what happened. His entire body was covered in a coat of light brown fur, with a long tail ending in a paintbrush coming out from his back. Even his head looked Pokemon-ish, a little dog-like. He was wearing a beret on his head, reminding Kite to adjust his own, and a vest. Undoubtedly a Smeargle hybrid. Kite almost felt sorry for the little thing. And of all things, he was wearing a dog collar. Had he no sense of self-respect? We may be treated like animals, Kite thought, but that doesn't mean we have to act like them too, even if we do look like them.

The small hybrid stammered out something about physicals to the Snorlax-hybrid, who responded by lifting the smaller hybrid by his tail and grunting, "The doc said I look great! Granted, he did mention I may be overeating a bit, but with my Snorlax metabolism its not like im going to clog an artery or anything. So how did yours go?"

The smaller hybrid said something in reply, and the two of them started up a short conversation, which Taro ended by lifting the Smeargle-hybrid into the air and smashing him down into the ground. Kite narrowed his eyes. Picking on defenseless midgets (relatively speaking) was not something he approved of. And yet, Kite somehow found the entire scene slightly amusing.

Taro followed up his slam by throwing his entire body down on the Smeargle-hybrid. Ouch. Now that was substantially more funny. Taro got up again after several seconds. Kite wondered if the Smeargle-hybrid was dead. Killing other hybrids was not approved of by the scientists, or Kite would have not only sharpened those chains he had been using earlier to fight to a point, but also left a trail of bodies behind him during the last tournament. "Only two moves and your already down? Your no fun at all. Now I gotta go find something else to do..." Completely without any grandure whatsoever, Taro left the cafeteria.

Kite walked over and glanced over the crushed body of the Smeargle-hybrid. He seemed mostly alright. No broken bones, it appeared (and Kite had plenty of experience with those), and he was breathing. Simply unconcious there on the floor, ready to be picked up by a janitor or someone. Kite kneeled down besides the hybrid and placed two fingers on his forehead, then gave the Smeargle-hybrid a small electric shock. The jolt caused the unconcious hybrid to spasm. His eyes opened, the charge passing through his body and into the ground quite literally shocking him back to the world of conciousness.

"What was that about?" Kite asked the hybrid, unintentionally with his voice in near-monotone.

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
    Tired, panting, bleeding, but still breathing, Devin had one more perilous test to withstand. Professor E pressed a large red button that made the entire room go dark for a few seconds. When the lights came back up, there was someone else standing on the other side.

"Who is that?" Devin asked loudly as he slightly lowered his defenses.

"That is 001-AA01. It is the first hybrid that we captured. We use it for this purpose and many others that you don't need to worry about," Professor E explained. "Now, prepare for battle!" Devin raised his defenses and prepared. He anticipated a forward attack, but didn't lose sight of an attack from behind. Devin saw the shadowy figure suddenly vanish, then reappear behind Devin. Devin quickly moved his hands, which now had a white spike protruding from the top of them, behind him to attack, but 001 was too fast. Devin couldn't keep track of...it. Devin didn't know what gender the person was and what Pokemon the person was merged with. Devin had to last.

"Who is that person?!?" Devin exclaimed in question as he continually fired Vacuum Waves into the air, hoping that he would hit his opponent.

"I told you: you don't need to worry about it!" Professor E exclaimed back as he laughed sadistically. Devin continued firing, but quickly tired, which was a grave mistake. 001 took its advantage and began quickly attacking Devin from all angles. Devin was barraged with Blaze Kicks, Shadow Claws, Vacuum Waves, and other various attacks of various types.

"Rahh!" Devin roared. His roar shook the entire building where the hybrids were being kept and could be heard everywhere. Devin, angered and tired, began to focus. He tried to find the shadowy figure and began to improve at tracking it. Suddenly, Devin noticed many figures; 001 had used Double Team. However, that was no problem for Devin. He used his aura to track the real 001 and lurched forward with perfect timing. With not enough time to react, 001 collided with Devin into a wall. This impact created a lot of dust and smoke. When it all cleared, Devin's mouth dropped; 001...was a boy.

001...was combined with a...

...Mew...

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    ((Just for reference, the whole Jiro/Taro thing happened in the training room, not the cafeteria))

Jiro's eyes shot open as the electricity flowed through his body, revitalizing him. Not expecting to see someone right infront of him after he woke up, Jiro jumped back a bit in shock, but realized the person confronting him was friendly (at least, friendly enough to wake him) despite his appearance, and calmed down.

"What was that about?"

He couldn't exactly tell if the hybrid really cared, judging from the inflection in his voice, but Jiro answered anyway.

"N... Nothing..." He said. It was true, for the most part. Jiro assumed that Taro antagonized him so much due to his lack of things to do during the day. After all, when you are imprisoned in a labratory for your entire life, things tend to get monotonus. He guessed beating the poor Smeargle up and stealing his food was just a way to pass time. He knew his limits though, and Jiro knew Taro would never actually go so far as to kill him. This wasn't the first time he had been crushed under the Hybrids weight, and he was pretty sure it wouldn't be the last. Slowly, the Smeargle stood up, his body still sore from being flattened, and gave a "Thanks..." To Kite, before turning to leave. He would retire to his room for now, draw a bit and await dinner, where he hopefully would be able to eat.

Last edited:

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    "Taro... that bully," Ashley muttered under her breath, glaring at the his retreating figure. Before she could check to see if Jiro was alright, Kite revived the Smeargle-hybrid with a jolt of electricity. Deciding that he had things under control, she stayed back and tried to control her rising temper. If anything at all could rile Ashley up, it was someone who enjoyed bullying and hurting others. Although her human logic told her that Jiro needed to learn how to protect himself, the fire pokemon within her demanded that Taro needed to be taught a lesson, and in this instance she was very tempted to give in to it. Involuntarily, her body temperature went through the roof, warming the air around her by several degrees and a small trail of smoke escaped her nose. Next time, she assured herself. Next time. Aloud, she told Ali, "Sorry, I've really got to go. I've got things I need to do." With that she left the cafeteria and went to her room for some much needed seclusion.

In the quiet and peace of her room, Ashley managed to gain control of her anger and laid on the bed, thinking. Brushing the Jiro-Taro predicament for now, she focused on what Aiden had proposed. His words bounched around in her head again and again: "Ya Know what? I'm curious about what is down in the basement aren't you? I mean, we have pokemon powers, what do they have? Only the walls around us but im sure that if we use our powers on them we could easily win, dontcha think that?" What he said was true in a way. All the hybrids had powers that the scientist didn't possess. On the other hand, who had provided the power to them? The scientists, of course. If they came up with the whole pokemon-hybrid thing, wouldn't they know how to keep all of them under their control? She sighed and tried to look at the conundrum in a different way.

She had no doubt that if the exploration of the basement was done Aiden's way, the whole thing would turn into an escape of the laboratory. Aiden probably even planned it that way, which she couldn't really blame him for. She was tired of just being an experiment herself. Her main concern was his chosen method. After all, in all the years that she'd lived at the laboratory, no one had ever managed to escape so force didn't seem to be the best plan. At least not unless a lot more hybrids got involved. With an army of hybrids, who could stand in their way? Bah... That's the pokemon in me talking.... Fire pokemon always seem to have a rash side.

Shifting to an entirely different thought, Ashley wondered if exploring the basement was worth it. There was no positive proof that anything was going on down there at all, besides the fact that it was off-limits to hybrids. Could she risk going down there if nothing was going on? Could she risk not going down there if something dangerous was going on? Her many years as a hybrid had taught her to expect the unexpected where the scientists were involved. You could never tell what they were planning. Mentally running through the list of hybrids that she knew, she came up with at least three or four that she hadn't seen for days. Could the scientist be experimenting on them in the basement? Unable to bear the thought of the scientists using them freely as lab rats, she finally came to her decision. It was time to act.....

Unwilling to waste anymore time, she lept up from her bed and silently padded out of her room. Stopping when she reached Aiden's door, she lifted her had, hesitated for a minute, and knocked. Perhaps she would get to use her hoody after all.....

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Aiden Jumped up at the sound of the knock hitting his head on the rather low ceiling above his bead. Now wide awake Aiden Tiptoed to the Door. Wait im Not Dressed he thought, Aiden quickly ran too his closet and pulled out a pair of pants. Sliding them on he then walked over to the door, opening it slightly he saw Ashley "Oh Hey.. um can you wait a minute?" he asked closing the door. Man that was rude closing the door like that he thought while running around his Room

He Reached his closet it and Flung it open He pulled on his shirt and jacket. He felt around the floor. It was cold and hard, his journal hard to find in the dark. He felt around the edge and found the hadbound book. He pulled it out. Flipping to an Empty Page he quickly Scrawled Team and Possible Teammates. Before Opening the door again he thought "Yeah i have to..." he said quietly to himself. He opened the door just enough to slip out. "Ok well i think that if we are to go we need more people." In his Journal he wrote his name under Team and Ashley's under possible.

Before he said anything else he began to think. Aiden Thought about all the things that let him live up til today all of the things that made who he is. The Reason though is because this basement exploration could cause him his life. He turned to Ashley "Oh and By the Way if you decide not to come I am still coming Regardless. He Tiptoed away another good teammate would be Ali. Aiden got to her room and knocked on the door. He Stepped back waiting for a response.

Last edited:

aceattorneyweirdgirl

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Maverick was led to the Training Area, which was surprisingly empty. The scientist who had been testing him went over to the machine which set the training dummy's difficulty level. Straining his sharp vision, Maverick looked at the difficulty level, and gasped at what he could make out. It was set to hard and aggressive.

He stood watching, motionless, as 2 dummies came out. Unfortunately, they were simulating a Venusaur and a Sceptile. They wasted no time in attacking; with the Sceptile letting loose a Leaf Blade attack. Maverick almost fell unconscious from the power of the blow, being ground and water type. Luckily, he knew a trick or two to deal with grass types. He quickly unleashed an Ice Beam, which froze the simulated Sceptile easily. Then, he attempted to unleash Surf, to shatter the ice, and therefore the dummy, against the wall. Then he would do the same to the dummy representing a Venusaur.

But his assault didn't go to plan. The water he summoned wasn't clear and refreshing. It was dark, murky, and muddy. Then he realized. This was no Surf. This was a completely new attack that he knew nothing about. The first part worked, all right, but the Venusaur had almost…vanished. He quickly realized where it was, right behind him, but while the Sceptile was smashed into pieces, the Venusaur had been charging a Solarbeam. Maverick just dodged it, only to be literally shaken by the fact that the Venusaur had used Earthquake. Even while slipping into unconsciousness he wondered how the Venusaur had used Earthquake without bringing the complex down. Then everything went black.
    ------------------------

Maverick awoke, startled, in his dormitory. He was rather surprised to find he had somehow been dragged up a flight of stairs, rather then been taken where any other hybrids might have noticed. Hmmm… this isn't right… 3 ton weights instead of 1 ton, aggressive hard level dummies, and most of all the fact that I've been dragged up a whole set of stairs, probably to conceal what happened in the arena from the other hybrids and scientists. I have to get to the bottom of this! "then again, I do feel a bit hungry…" After thinking it over, he decided to get some food first. He left for the cafeteria ASAP so that his injuries were still visible when he got to the cafeteria-so if he told anyone they would see some proof.

(OOC) I needed to edit that one, because no-one else posted.

Last edited:

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    ησtєѕ

Goulerbot- If you're serious about never having been a roleplay before, then your skills are excellent for a beginner.

Lusankya- great post, as always

Gamekrazy- a little short, but still a good post

Namora- Wow, Ashley's really protective of others, isn't she? I personally like your character, keep it up.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    OOC: Thanks, Slytherfang. I've always been quite good with writing, spelling and grammar. Woah. big catchup post alert!

IC:
    When Maverick reached the Cafeteria, he couldn't help but let his sharp vision focus on a couple of hybrids having a conversation. He instantly recognized the Flareon hybrid as Ashley, who always had seemed to do kind things. However, the second hybrid was almost impossibly hard to figure out. Oh well, it doesn't really matter. Grabbing his meal and quickly eating it, something dawned on him. I know! I'll find that Smeargle hybrid. He should be able to figure out what move I used in the arena today! What was his name again? Oh, that's right. It was Jiro. He rushed out of the Cafeteria, only to be stopped by a scientist. This one was pretty kind looking, but had a puzzled look on his face. "905!" the scientist exclaimed. "Where have you been?! You shouldn't be in the dining hall unless you've had your physical!" Maverick frowned. He already had his physical. Unless… not wanting to risk suspicion, he kept quiet about what had happened earlier that morning.

Maverick had been led into a room much less gloomy looking than the one earlier, and was also clean. Maverick was asked to strip down, and did so. Proceeding to the device that measured height, was given a measurement of 1 meter and 49 centimeters. Hopping off, he was led to a set of scales where he was weighed. Afterwards, his blood pressure was taken using the wristband device he saw before. This time, however, it got tighter and tighter while being used. This was a bit of a dilemma, as it was a bit tough to remove from his wrist. Afterwards, he was shown a 1 ton weight. 1 ton… hey, hang on! That's it! It all adds up now… a 3 ton weight, a super tough training match, and being dragged up those stairs to my room! That other physical this morning was fake! He lifted the weight with ease, having roughly half the physical strength of an actual Swampert. He then proceeded to put his clothes back on and exited the room. Then, he started heading to the Training Arena, looking for Jiro.

What Maverick found was no less then devastating. Jiro, the very hybrid he had been looking for, was being dangled in the air by a large Snorlax hybrid. Then, he was thrown into the air, smashed down onto the ground, and squashed under the Snorlax hybrid's weight. Maverick was about to dump some water on Jiro to revive him, but then considered that the only water moves he knew were devastating, and one of them he didn't even know about. Luckily, an electric type hybrid used a small jolt of electric energy to revive Jiro. Unluckily, he started heading up to his room, with no intention of stopping. Maverick thought he should do the same. What a day. He really needed a rest.

While on the way up to his dormitory, Maverick noticed a bit of a commotion going on, with Ashley in front of another door. He quickly recognized it as Aiden's door. Aiden was part Pikachu. Not wanting to waste any time, he walked up behind them and casually said, "Hi guys. What's all the commotion about?"

Years
    ooc; Sorry I haven't been very active - a big test (the MEAP, if you know what that is) is coming up and I've got loads of homework. I'll try to make more time for roleplaying. Sorry, this post's a little short.

bic;

Jasper strode confidently into the cafeteria, a small smile resting on his lips. Despite his boring check-up, the Umbreon hybrid actually felt pretty good. He was surprised at himself for a moment, but didn't linger on those thoughts for long. Jasper picked up a tray, snatching up two red apples, three tomatoes, seven strawberries, and fourteen raspberries. It was an odd quirk of his, but he loved red food (especially red fruit), and he liked knowing how much he was eating. It wasn't as though he was afraid of becoming obese - with their training regimen, it was rather hard - but simply that it gave him a feel of contentment. Jasper sat alone and ignored the other hybrids.

Before long, he was finished with his food and dumped his tray ontop of the set-aside pile. He frowned, thinking. He had heard rumors of something in the basement, and frankly, he was curious as to what. Jasper walked silently down the hall, his pawsteps making very little noise at all. He could barely hear it, and he had a very good sense of hearing.

"Hi guys. What's all the commotion about?" A loud voice spoke, Jasper froze, scarlet eyes darting around warily. It was the large kid, the Swampert hybrid, Jasper supposed. At eleven, the younger hybrid was hardly shorter than Jasper at all. He frowned, keen ears twitching as he leaned out of view, pressing his back to the wall, blending partially into the darkness. Jasper concentrated on his markings, hoping desperately they wouldn't glow and give him away. The young hybrid was talking to a girl older than Jasper. He recongized her - with her fox-like ears and thin red fur - immediately. Even if it hadn't been for her distinct Flareon qualities, Jasper still would have known her. She was well known for mothering the younger ones... There was someone inside the room, he knew, and tried to smell who it was. Jasper grimaced - not anyone he recongized on smell. He settled down to listen...

Last edited:

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    "N... Nothing..." the Smeargle-hybrid replied. In all actuality, he looked very used to being beat up like that all the time. "Thanks..." And with that, he wandered off.

Kite stood there for a few more seconds, shaking his head in amazement and disgust. It was almost pathetic, how some people just let others walk all over them. That hybrid hadn't even tried to fight back. Kite considered himself no knight in shining armor, dealing out justice and retribution wherever it was deserved, but he considered challenging Taro to a battle match in the Arena and showing him what-for. Those who attacked only those who were weaker than themselves and knew it deserved only undying retribution. This feeling was not out of pity for the smaller hybrid, however. Kite felt very little pity for the Smeargle-hybrid, only disgust at the larger one. Although if he came to him for help, Kite wouldn't exactly jump to the word, "no".

Kite walked back upstairs to his room. Slipping on his chains, he went back downstairs for another round in the simulator. When he entered the Arena, it was pretty empty as always. He went up to the panel in the wall and called up four robots, setting them on Hard, Aggressive. Four of the androids rolled out into the room, each one simulating a Pokemon of a different element. Kite counted. One water, one ground, one fire, one flying. Two of them his attacks would be extremely effective against. One, moderate effectiveness. One, ineffectiveness.

Clenching his hands into fists, he readied into battle stance. The chains unraveled themselves around his body and came alive like the snakes on the head of a Medusa.

The ground type charged at him, trying to grab him for a body slam. Kite side-stepped out of its way easily. Ground type robots tended to have a lot more mass, and therefore a lot more inertia, and were therefore much easier to avoid than the other types. The same, however, could not be said for the other three. The fire type let loose a pillar of flame at Kite, which he rolled and dodged, but making sure to leave one chain roasting in the heat. He charged forward at the fire type, and punched it in the head with the superheated chain. Electricity crackled in his right hand, and his Thunderpunch went straight through the power core of the robot. Magnezone technically couldn't thunderpunch due to having no hands, but the technique was basically just gathering energy in his fist and punching with it, so Kite had no trouble performing the attack.

He turned, but was too slow, and was caught by a Gust from the flying type. Grabbing the fallen fire type with chains, he was blown backwards towards the side of the room, but managed to roll and get back to his feet almost immediately. He gave the body of the robot a small electric jolt, activating all its systems simultaneously. It's arms flailed around, and a column of fire burst from its mouth and impacted the flying type robot. Two down, two to go.

That left only the water type and the ground type. There was no way for him to easily deal with the ground type, except repeating his earlier success with the fire type robot with the water type one. But the water type was quite far away, and the ground type was between him and the water type robot.

When choosing to fight a battle on his own terms, Kite always learned everything he could about his opponents beforehand. He knew the complex's combat robots well. Their limits, and their intelligence. It was the latter he decided to exploit. He side-stepped to the right, giving the water type a direct line of fire at him. Happy to oblige, the robot let out a bubblebeam at him, and the ground type charged at him again, this time attempting a Slam attack. Kite side-stepped again, and as the water-type robot moved to track his movement, the bubblebeam impacted the ground type. The super effective attack knocked out the robot. With only the water type left, Kite finished it off with a few thousands volts of electricity. Not bothering to clean up his mess, he headed upstairs back to the dorm rooms.

In the dorm hallway, he saw Ashley standing at the doorway of one of the dorms, peering inside. The person inside was fumbling about. Kite would have simply stepped past them, but Ashley was convientiently blocking off the narrow hallway. So he simply stood there, waiting for her to move.

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    Waiting at Aiden's door, Ashley was a little surprised when he opened the door slightly and asked, "Oh Hey.. um can you wait a minute?, closing the door after him. She could hear him running around the room and opening the closet door. I guess this wasn't the best time. It wasn't long before he reopened the door saying, "Ok well i think that if we are to go we need more people." Despite dozens of questions buzzing around in her head, she managed to nod and respond, "I agree." He seemed to slip into deep thought for several seconds before turning to Ashley and stating, "Oh and by the way if you decide not to come I am still coming regardless." After that, he tiptoed up to Ali's door and knocked. Ashley patiently waited for when he would be ready to discuss a plan for exploring the basement.

Catching a slightly muddy scent, Ashley looked over her shoulder and saw Maverick, an eleven-year-old Swampert hybrid, walking toward them. Obviously curious, he asked, "Hi guys. What's all the commotion about?" Considering the question for a moment, she turned to face him and decided answer him in an indirect way so that maybe he wouldn't have to ask too many questions. "Hey Mav," she said, smiling gently, "Did you hear the rumors about the basement? There's been some pretty weird stuff going on lately. Have you noticed how the scientists have been acting the last few days?" Noticing his injuries, her eyes widened slightly and her tail stiffened. "What happened to you? And I don't want to hear you say 'nothing' like Aiden. I want the truth." Seeing Mav's injuries only convinced her even more that something had to be done. It was growing too dangerous for any of them to just stand by and do nothing. Seeing Kite standing by her, she blushed with embarrassment and stood against the wall, out of his way.

Before she could hear Mav's response, a smell drifted toward her and she froze, trying to identify it. The only thing that she was sure of was that it wasn't human or at least not completely. There was another smell... Raspberries? She was pretty certain that whoever it was meant no harm but taking chances at this point didn't seem very smart, and she decided to try a bluff. "Alright!" she said, trying to sound menacing. "You may be able to hide in the shadows and walk quietly, but you can't hide your scent. Come out now or I'm using you as charcoal." She allowed smoke to pour from her mouth and nose for effect. Letting a tiny flame shoot from her mouth, she tried to light up the area where she thought the eavesdropper was hiding. "If you're not an enemy than come out and show us. There's no reason to sneak around listening to others' conversations like a criminal."

Looking over at Mav and Aiden, she wondered what they were going to do. She knew that they couldn't afford to have the scientists discover what they were trying to do. Well, for now Aiden and her because Ali hadn't responded to Aiden's request yet and Mav didn't know what was going on yet. She wasn't exactly sure how the scientists would react if they found out, but it would probably be very strict punishment. No, they definitely couldn't let the scientists find out. This could be their one and only chance.....

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
    001 was a Mew hybrid. Devin couldn't believe his eyes. He was staring down at the first Pokemon Hybrid. He couldn't believe it, but he had to take him out, even if he was to know every attack possible.

"How? How is he a Mew?" Devin asked Professor E.

"Simple. A long time ago, when I was living on Cinnabar Island, my team and I were working on the basics for the Pokemon Hybrid project. However, we needed a specific Pokemon in order to go through with the procedure," Professor E explained.

"Mew?" Devin responded as 001 began to growl.

"Precisely. We needed the DNA for Mew because it held the genetic code for every Pokemon in existance. We needed the information in order to configure the genetic material to make the hybridization processes a success," Professor E continued.

"What happened?" Devin spoke.

"We found Mew. The team was travelling in South America when they spotted Mew. They captured it and sent it to Cinnabar where I was. There, I began to run tests and statistics on Mew. I extracted a few hairs in order to scan the DNA. Then, something amazing happened," Professor E continued.

"What else happened after you found Mew?" Devin slowly said as he averted his gaze to 001.

"Mew gave birth. Not literally, but figurtively. We took the DNA extracted from Mew and began to manipulate it, hoping to create the perfect Pokemon. In a few short months, the DNA multiplied and began to create a specimen; a specimen known as Mewtwo. We released Mew back into the wild and began running statistics on Mewtwo at the lab in Cinnabar; however, Mewtwo became rampant. It didn't want to be a guinea pig. Beacause of this, it escaped the lab in Cinnabar and flew off somewhere; we haven't seen it since," Professor E said in a low drawl.

"You're one of the Professors that was a part of the Cinnabar Island Incident?" Devin exclaimed shockingly.

"Yes. After that incident, we had received all of the information we needed. I took some of the information to my home and began using it on my own son. It worked marvelously! My son's DNA reacted very well to the introduction of Pokemon DNA! My son became the first Pokemon/human hybrid over twenty years ago!" Professor E exclaimed in a sadistic manner.

"So...what you're saying...is that 001 over there is...," Devin said.

"001 is my son! You stand no chance against him! He doesn't age because of further testing which removed his conscience and stopped the aging process. He continually gets stronger, continually adapts! He is impossible to defeat!" Professor E laughed horrifically.

"That is twisted!" Devin exclaimed as 001 rushed towards him. Devin's goal had now changed: instead of trying to kill something that was trying to kill him, he now had to stop someone from harming him. Devin had to try to work a conscience into 001. However, that was difficult because, as Professor E said, 001 seemed to be adapting to Devin's every move: Foresight couldn't work anymore to find 001 when he Double Teamed; Aura Sphere didn't work to eliminate him; random attacks didn't work either--he always knew what was coming where. Devin had an idea, but it was too crazy...

...maybe crazy enough to work...

Instead of fighting him, why don't I not fight him? That would throw him off! Devin thought. Devin knew 001 wasn't reading his mind, but he didn't lose sight of it. After 001 had lanched a Vacuum Wave that had put Devin against the wall, Devin stopped moving. 001, rushing at full speed, ran towards Devin, charging a Focus Punch. Please work! Devin thought. He closed his eyes right as 001 ran to him. When Devin opened his eyes, 001's fist was right in his face; he had stopped his attack.

"Why? Why do you not fight?" 001 spoke in a voice that seemed too low for his stature: skinny and lanky, similar in appearance to Devin, except that he had a long pink tail and was slightly tinted pink in his skin. He had small ears on the top of his head and long blond hair that went down to his shoulders. The hair looked like it hadn't been cut in a long time and ran over his face in odd wisps.

"Because I don't want to," Devin said. Devin knew what he was doing; he knew it for the first time in the battle. He leaned against the wall as 001 lowered his fist.

"You need to fight! Fight me! FIGHT ME!" 001 exclaimed in anger; the key Devin needed. Devin charged up a Focus Punch, but 001 saw it: just what Devin wanted to do. Distract him. Devin released his Focus Punch and closed his eyes. 001 began to charge a Shadow Claw, but stopped abruptly. Devin looked behind 001 as he saw his copy--a Double Team copy--appear behind 001 and strike him with a Shadow Claw of his own. 001 dropped to the ground in a crumpled heap as Devin walked over his body.

"I'm sorry, 001. I really am," Devin apologized.

"The name...is....Shaun...," 001 said as he drifted out of conciousness.

Shaun. Devin just defeated 001. A human combined with a Mew.

A feat Devin, hopefully, would never have to come to again.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Maverick waited for Ashley's answer, however, he didn't have to wait too long, as Ashley responded, "Hey Mav," with a gentle smile on her face. "Did you hear the rumors about the basement? There's been some pretty weird stuff going on lately. Have you noticed how the scientists have been acting the last few days?" Maverick was about to answer, but then saw Ashley's eyes widen. She immediately asked, "What happened to you? And I don't want to hear you say 'nothing' like Aiden. I want the truth." Maverick, once again, prepared to answer, but Ashley suddenly froze.

She turned towards a shadow and said in a menacing tone, "Alright! You may be able to hide in the shadows and walk quietly, but you can't hide your scent. Come out now or I'm using you as charcoal." Maverick took a step back in alarm when he noticed smoke pouring out of Ashley's nose and mouth. "If you're not an enemy than come out and show us. There's no reason to sneak around listening to others' conversations like a criminal." Maverick watched Ashley turn and face him, apparently in deep thought about something. Maverick tried focusing his sharp vision in the shadow, but to no avail. The eyes of a Swampert are for seeing in murky water, not for seeing in the dark.

He suddenly turned back to Ashley and said, "You might not believe it, even if I went into huge detail." He paused for a while, to check for a response, but no one spoke. "You see," he started, "It just happened today. When I was having my physical, I was suddenly told to lift a whole 3 ton weight, so that's what caused the muscle strain. But then, for some reason, I was directed to the battle arena! Then I noticed that no one was in there. The scientist who was doing the physical set 2 dummies as, you'll never believe it, a Sceptile and a Venusaur, set to an aggressive hard level."

Maverick started explaining his strategy, how he eliminated the Sceptile but with the Venusaur launching a Solarbeam which was barely dodged and how the Venusaur launched an earthquake and knocked him out. "And then, I woke up in my room and wondered why I was dragged up the stairs. Then, I went down to the Cafeteria, had my food and then was taken to another physical. I realized at about that point that the first physical was fake! But why…?"

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    ησtєѕ

Lusankya- Same comment as before ("great post, as always.")

namora- you're doing much better on the length, and your posts are always enjoyable to read

King_Lucario- I intended not to have any legendary pokemon, but you do seem to have a good reason for the Mew hybrid, so I'll let it go. Having said that, it was an interesting battle, good job with the length and detail.

Goulerbot- Good post, interesting character as well.

I gave kansas permission to post a profile, though its definitely the last one (I've added "Sign Ups are now Closed!" To the first post. Lusankya, if you see it before I do, take a look at it, will you? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Name: Marcus Axwell
    Pokemon: Pidgeot
    Scientific Designation: 725-MM03

Appearance: As expected from a teenager who merged with a bird, Marcus is a very thing, wirey looking kid with little to no visible body muscle and Caucasian skin. He stands about 5'8 and has a slightly arrogant posture when he is simply standing with hand on hip and an impatient look on his face, tapping his foot. Marcus is over all a rough looking person and that has a lot to do with his Pidgeot qualities. Marc has a head of short, neck length scruffy, brown, red, and blond hair that very closely resembles bird feathers with a single thick blond colored feather drooping over the field of vision of his right eye. His face holds narrow features of slim, wild looking eyes with mysterious, deep yellow irises. accented by his dainty nose, Marc also usually wear a slight grin on his face, much loving the extent of his abilities.

Due to the aerial borne nature of his form, Marc's clothes more times than not, consist of tight fitting clothes that wont create very much wind resistance. All clothes he wears are very slim fitted and hug his body closely, but not as bad as a wet suit or something. On a typical day, he usually prefers to wear a dark brown shirt that matches the outsides of his incredibly large wings that rest on his back. For pants, Marc loves going fast but will seldom sacrifice style for usefulness. Even though they create .16 seconds of wind resistance, Marcus wears a pair of dark blue jeans that are slightly faded down the center. He'll never wear shoes if he has the option, as they're just extra weight for him to have to deal with in flight. Also for the simple fact that the nails on his fingertips and toes had transformed into small talons.

Personality: At first glance, Marcus appears to be exactly what someone would expect from someone with the ability to fly in a world of people who normally don't. Marcus is very openly arrogant and sarcastic and frequently gets frustrated when people can't do things that a flier would be able to do. He is a confident boy in his strength and speed and is usually incredibly impatient as well. Its not hard for him to warm up to new people but it seems to take others a bit longer to warm up to him, unfortunately. Marcus prefers to do things his own way and not take any orders, but unfortunately doesn't excel at giving orders either, making him a total wild card in most tricky situations. Marcus is very direct. very sincere. and doesn't like to beat around the bush. He can be a little bit too competitive at times and will sometimes let things accidentally get out of control. In the end, after all of his gloating about his abilities, he is actually a very nice and collected person who just fell in love with the sky. He is quite strong, but although he doesn't like to admit it, he's got a lot to learn.

History: Marcus was a relatively recent addition to the laboratory, coming 2 years after the others had arrived. He always kept to himself, not knowing what to do about the entire situation. He had fresh memories of his family, and he loved them very much. His sister, mother, father... They had all been wiped out during a hurricane that collided with the shores of Fuschia. He was immediately placed in a foster home after the disaster but during the clean up effort, someone managed to sneak in and kidnap Marcus in his sleep. Without a family, Marcus was more than willing to stay and give up on life when he awoke. Needless to say, he was content with his life and the others around him. He took a great liking to his morph after he was changed, and made extra efforts to try and become the best. To earn his place among the rest of them...
    Extra Info: Marcus has an obvious obsession with speed and is definitely hard to rival in a straight race, reaching a Pidgeot's true potential of being able to hit speeds close to Mach 2. He's incredibly maneuverable in midair and is very crafty with his attacks. That being said, he's little more than a sitting... Pidgey...when he's on the ground

RP Sample: from Pokemorph Liberation Force: Kanto (The original)

The group wandered through the steadily increasing rain fall until Plum had finally found the pokemon center which she carelessly attempted to break the door of, resulting in the embarrassing face plant into the door.

"She hasn't changed one bit..." Clove thought to himself as he watched the rest of the team walk in.

"Hey wait, wasnt there a Lucario-morph with the group as well?" Clove heard from in the group, it was Ezekiel. Clove quickly scanned the team double checking the observation.

"you're right... Reid is gone." Clove responded

He quickly reached into his back pocket, retrieving his communicator and flipping the screen open. A map of Vermillion flashed open, showing a cluster of dots marking the team in the pokemon center and one lone dot in the city, marking Denx's location, but Reid's dot was nowhere to be found. He flipped the phone shut, thinking for a moment.

"That communicator signal is traceable anywhere on this planet, the only reason I wouldn't be able to locate him is if it were destroyed...this isn't good. Just when we caught a break too..."

Suddenly a shadow outside the window caught Clove's eye. He slipped out of the center and into the now downpour of a rainstorm. A figure was barely visible through the sheet of water. As Clove strained his eyes through the water to see the figure clearly, it suddenly vanished, appearing right in his face.

"Impossible! I couldn't even see its movements!" Clove thought in horrified astonishment.

The figure revealed itself at the close range of inches in front of Clove's face. A small button like nose and pointed ears with a drooping yellow scarf like object around his neck. A Floatzel morph. Orange eyes glared into Clove's as silence was only accompanied by the drone of thick rain drops pelting the town.

"You've surely noticed by now." The Floatzel finally spoke.

"Noticed what."

"We've got your little morph comrade. The Lucario."

"You bastard..."

"You aren't in any position to to be name calling, Clove Wheldst."

"How do you know my name."

"Were you really so dumb to think that you could take down Brock and Surge and the other leaders wouldn't notice? How foolish. We know all about your little rag tag group and all the tricks you've got up your sleeve. But we didn't come here to gloat of our power." The Floatzel explained.

"...We?" Clove responded surprised.

The morph snapped his fingers as all sorts of shadow shrouded figures moved through the thick rain with incredible speed, encircling the two as they talked.

"What the hell. I can't track any of their movements..." Clove thought in his head as his began to extend his spikes. Without warning a figure streaked past and disappeared into the rain's cloak once more. A small cut opened on Clove's face and blood trickled down his face.

"I don't recommend trying that, Captain Wheldst. You're completely surrounded and Miss Misty takes very good care of her subordinates." the Floatzel explained.

"...Misty? That explains it... the sudden downpour, the untrackable speed. It has to be Swift Swim. So you're here to show me what Misty is capable of. Rain Dance from miles away tucked back in your little hideout in Cerulean." Clove inferred through gritted teeth.

"Bingo. You aren't as thick headed as you look, and this is just the beginning of her strength. But thats not all. Misty wants you to come. Bring your best. That is... If you want to save your little runt half dog morph. Funny... he's half human but he definitely whimpers like a dog."

"You son of a ---"

"Now now Clove, save it for later. You'll need it. You have specific instructions. You will advance to Saffron tomorrow as you have planned. If you try to detour, we will kill him. Understood?" The Floatzel said, snapping a finger again. Another morph darted past them, instantly disappearing into the rain again. Another cut appeared across Clove's face which dripped blood slowly.

"Understood. You're not going to survive our next encounter." Clove said through a low voice. His hollow yellow eyes began to glow an intense yellow as the whites of his eyes turned deep black.

"I'll be looking forward to it, Captain Wheldst. The name is Raizel, don't forget it." He said with an arrogant tone as he backed into the downpour, fading from clear vision. He tossed an object at Clove which clattered on the ground at his feet. Raizel then waved his hand into the air and instantly the circling figures vanished from sight. Raizel followed soon, disappearing into the rain and leaving Clove standing alone outside. He wiped the blood from his face, flinging it into the air as he leaned down to pick up the object and head back inside.

He stepped back into the center, drenched from head to toe. His eyes still housed their yellow and black hue of hatred. He tossed the object onto a nearby table as small pieces still fell of it. It was Reid's communicator.

"Everyone rest well. We move out first thing in the morning." Clove said with a stern emotionless tone.

Back