• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon in real life

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
    When I was in university, there was definitely a small but noticable amount of people that were into pokemon. There may not be a lot of them, but once you know where to start looking, it gets easier finding others who do play.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I have a number of friends from high school and uni who still play the games. Some I've even battled and gone with to a VGC event for the fun of it.

Oh, and this is my favourite thing to link to with such discussions.

Spoiler:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Mmm, the spark started when people in my class played pokemon in Grade 5, where we all had Game Boy Colors and Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal! We used to try and find rare pokemon all the time, hehe. Then along came Gen 3, where the spark faded a little bit, because there was a Yugioh/Micro Pets craze back then. Grade 8 was when I played pokemon Emerald with a lotta friends, and we played battles and trades all the time. C:

Nowadays, yeah, some people I know here and there play pokemon irl, and they quite enjoy it as I do! Well, I don't find as much people playing pokemon where I live, unfortunately, probably because I live in quite a quiet area (who am I kidding, it's Toronto).

Tolkin

Meowstic
    Years
    There's a pokemon club in my school, and I am the VP of it :) It has around 25-30 members in it. I pretty much know everyone in the club since 4th grade. I've been playing Pokemon for that long. We still enjoy pokemon, and we are excited for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Years
    When I was younger, I remember a lot of my friends playing Pokemon back in elementary, even before I personally got into the games. Once middle school came around, mostly everyone stopped playing, and by 8th grade, I can't remember anyone even talking about it any more.

Nowadays, the only people that I really know that still play Pokemon from time to time are my cousins (one of which is on PC). Even then, they get phases just like I do where they won't play it for a while, and then be really into it for a month, and rinse and repeat.

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    Me and my group of friends are cool kids in school but we play Pokemon on our phones by using emulators lol, but I play it on my DS too.

Back