• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Indigo League

lucario838

Woah! Time out!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2009
    I, ll be the grass gym leader and I am using

:roserade
    :bellossom
    :venusaur
    :vileplume
    :breloom
    :sceptile

friend code is in my sig and my trainer name is SNOOGLE

Last edited:

Flyingtacos

Flyingtacos? WTF!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    My in game name is Jesus, its in my sig

my in game name is jesus, its in my sig

Last edited:

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Lol Ill be a gym trainer for the dark gym. Platinum FC in my sig, the trainers name is emby.

as a gym trainer do I have to post my team? eh, anyway ill post it:

Weavile, Absol, Mightyena, and Dusknoir.

( dont gym trainers have like half of the gym leader's? can I have just 4? )

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    There's a slight discontinuity here... must a Gym Leader have a team of all the same type? I understand that's the primary purpose of a Gym, however, it makes the challenger's job extremely easy, especially when seeing the Leader's team. For example, in seeing the Fire Gym, wouldn't it be possible to just arrange a team of all Water/Rock/Ground Pokemon to take them on and win with ease?

A usual accommodation to this is simple: a Gym Leader must have three Pokemon of their Gym's type, and the rest can be whatever they choose. Such as, a Pokemon who is strong against the type their Gym's type is weak to. If that made any sense. haha

It seems the only logical way to make a Gym challenging in the very least.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i think its a bit stupid telling people our teams...
    they already know the type and the an big advantage already?
    if someone has a fighting gym people can come with flying or psychic pokemon!

Flyingtacos

Flyingtacos? WTF!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    yeah I agree, It should be 3 pokes of the type of the gym and we should not have to tell our teams

K-K-Slider

SQUIRTLE!
    Years
    Well, it's not going to be like that. I'm trying to make this gym unique. And if you take the time to read what I wrote, the challanger signs up with one team they have to use through every gym, up to the Elite 4 and the champion... And if you don't like the rules, then I apologise.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I was interested, but I don't think I'm going to join now that I have to show my team. Just remember this: There is always room for improvement.

xander9

pkmn Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2015
    i can understand telling the leader our teams but not the challengers. they should be happy knowing the types not the exact pokemon. if u want to make it fun you'll have to change that rule

K-K-Slider

SQUIRTLE!
    Years
    Then I guess it's not going to be "fun"... I'm not changing the rule.The other new gym is following the same proceedure, and they are almost completely running. No-ones complaining over there, so why do all of you have to complain so much about it here. But it doesn't matter, I'm not changing that rule.

K-K-Slider

SQUIRTLE!
    Years
    Well we have a new Dark gym leader, xander9, which brings us to 7 gym leaders. One more, and we start the real challange... Getting 16 trainers...

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Then I guess it's not going to be "fun"... I'm not changing the rule.The other new gym is following the same proceedure, and they are almost completely running. No-ones complaining over there, so why do all of you have to complain so much about it here. But it doesn't matter, I'm not changing that rule.

Well, it's your league, so you do whatever your heart desires, but we're just trying to help out. For example, I noticed that in the Dark and Psychic Gyms you're allowing an Uber to be in? Darkrai and Mewtwo, respectively. I hope you're not expecting a fair battle with those bad boys, considering the fact that you must use the same team throughout the league.

Now, if you have to do that, then a challenger will use, say, one uber (to make things fair against those two Gyms), but at the same time it will put them at an almost unfair advantage over the Gyms who use no ubers, much like your Fire Gym.

Again, it's your league, so you do what you want, but we're just trying to help balance it.

xander9

pkmn Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2015
    personally i dont think mewtwo and darkrai will give that much of an advantage ive seen them both beat pretty easily before. plus the challenger has the huge advantage of knowing exactly what they will face

Years
    id happly challenge any 1 of your gyms i doubt it would be much of a challenge using a mono type dont think i would change any of my pokes either

Flyingtacos

Flyingtacos? WTF!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    @ Richard Lynch: I know that using ubers in some and not all of the gyms seems a little weird and can pose a problem for the challengers and/or the other gym leaders but K-k slider clearly states that we can use ubers and therefore everyone can use ubers. I know certain types don't have any ubers but most ubers can still be countered and in fact there are a few ou pokes like blissey, metagross, and ttar and although rarely, heatran that can be used effectively in an uber-usable environment. So really, the use of ubers is not that bad. Also, honestly i don't enjoy having ubers but if I can then I will, it makes it less likely that I'll have to give up one of my pokes to someone else. Also as Xander said, the two are quite counterable. E.g. choice scarf heracross completely plows through darkrai.

K-K-Slider

SQUIRTLE!
    Years
    -Richard Lynx: I am grateful you are displaying interest in helping me improve this fne establishment, I really am. And that snappy comment was not aimed towards you in particular. It was aimed towards everyone complaining about the rules in general. I apologise if it seemed rash.

And I do realise my gym seems a tad bit on the difficult side. And that is exactly what I was aiming for, an almost unbeatable gym. I'm quite happy with how it seems to be turning out! But alas, I should probably clarify the rules about Ubers better. The gym leaders each have one. The Elite 4 members and the champion may have an Event or an Uber. The traners are allowed bringing one Uber to the fray, but not an Event. Yeah, it's harsh. But, I like it.

-Sofnyx: Of course! Although, it may be a while before we are set up, and I would much rather have you be a part of our team!

There have been some recent additions. I have added badges... (That I stole from Go-Pokemon... Ssh...), and I changed the unused Rock gym into steel!

Last edited:

conectatoe

Wha?
    Years
    Gym Leader:steel
    Trainer Name:conectatoe(matt)
    Element:steel
    Friend Code:4511 4379 1824
    Team:
    -lucario
    -skarmory
    -steelix