• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Kanto Journey (PG-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    "Bloody Ratata… Ratata… Ratata again… Oh! A Pidgey… no wait, it's just a Ratata." Talking to yourself is not something that people would connect to the panel that read Sane in a connect similar words exercise. It was also a nasty habit that Lynne had developed and showed when she was particularly aggravated. "Ratata… Ratata… Ra-wait! A Pidgey!" It was almost exciting to come across such an otherwise dull Pokémon. But it was still an unexciting and overused bird.

"Ratata… Pidgey … Pidgey… Ratata… Ratata… Ratata… Venonat?!" Lynne spun around to where her PokéDex had pointed out a Venonat. The pink device was beeping while the picture of a great purple insect filled its main screen. Venonat was not what Lynne would go for, but it was okay. Better than the Ratata and Pidgey. But she hadn't know that it was capturable here.

She found her target in the bushes, spying on a bunch of Ratata. Lynne sneaked forward as silently as she possibly could, and she was almost close enough to touch the bug when it spun around and tackle her right in the gut. "Ooph!" She doubled over, clutching her painful stomach. Seriously, that thing was going to die. She quickly grabbed Pandora's Poké Ball and was ready to beat the **** out of this thing.

Pandora let out an eager growl the minute she touched the ground and saw the strange bug looking at her. "Pandora, let's teach this thing a lesson, use tackle!" Lynne was still rubbing her tummy. Stupid insect, causing her pain.

Pandora leaped toward the Venonat to attack, but the purple creature jumped aside rapidly before looking at the Bulbasaur curiously. Wait, me it attacks mercilessly, and it's just watching Pandora? What a little ****! Lynne was so not impression right now.

"Pandora, do it again, and hit the damned thing this time!" Pandora tried, really she did, but the Venonat side-stepped again and again. It was a quick little bastard, and honestly, Pandora was not. In the end Lynne was almost left ripping her hair out. "Even a donkey doesn't hit itself on the same pole more than three times! Learn from your mistakes, look for a pattern, find an opening!" Had Oak seriously given her the one physically useless creature?!

Then a little light went on in Pandora's eyes. If there was such a thing as a magically appearing light-bulb, it would be above her head right now. She carefully crept closer and closer to the Venonat, who just watched her with those curious eyes it possessed. It cocked it's head, as if to say 'hello there, what are you doing?' and then suddenly Pandora let out a low threatening growl.

One small shiver went through the Venonat's body, a show of fear, before Pandora leaped up and tackled the thing as hard as she could. The Venonat landed on its head before rolling farther and coming back up on its feet. Suddenly, it did this strange thing with its antennas, it rubbed them together to produce a strange noise. It was just odd to Lynne's ears, but the supersonic hurt Pandora a lot more. Suddenly she was rocking as if she were drunk…

"Pandora? It's just a confusion, snap out of it!" No matter what Lynne said, Pandora remained to have that strange look in her eyes, and whenever she wanted to move, it came out very uncertain and strange. Seeing its opening, the Venonat used its round body in a fierce tackle that propelled Pandora against a tree, and still she was not the same.

Venonat happily skipped forward again and toward Pandora. The next tackle wasn't as tough as the last one was, and it managed to sweep Pandora out of her confusion. "Pandora, use growl and tackle again!" Lynne was very glad that the confusion, at least, was gone. Stupid pest messing with her Pandora. She'd get it for that.

Pandora let out another menacing growl and followed it up by tackling the fuzzy creature again. Her attack went over decent enough, and she went on to use the same attack again. But she never got the chance. Venonat jumped up and started moving the antenna together again, but instead of creating sound, the antennas glowed red. It then jumped toward Pandora, and touched her. A strange current went through Pandora, and when she proceeded to try a growl attack, nothing came out.

"What the..?" Lynne quickly brought out the pink piece of technology again, and pointed it at Venonat. She used one of the buttons to check out the moves it possessed. "Disable, of course. Well it could have been worse." Lynne muttered to herself. The Venonat did seem quite tired, it wouldn't survive too long, this was the time to finally take it out. "Pandora, I want you to crush it under a full-blown tackle."

Pandora nodded and instead of tackling the side of the Pokémon, like the attack is normally executed, she jumped up and landed on the top of the Venonat. "Wait! That was so not what I meant with crushing it!" Lynne objected. "But what's done is done, all we can do now is hope that your ingenious plan works. And it had better work!" The 'or else' was hardly needed, Lynne's tone was enough to imply the unhappy events that would occur should Pandora not succeed.

Thankfully the grass-Pokémon wasn't all that light, and Venonat's pain threshold was just not that high. After a while the creature stopped struggling and fainted. Just like that. Fainted. Strange beast.

"Great job Pandora, now let us see if we can at least catch the thing for out troubles!" She removed one of the Poké Balls from her bag and threw it at the Venonat. To her astonishment, it only bounced back into her hand again. "Wait… what?!"

"Nate! Nate!" Came the distant calling again, and a woman came into view wearing an apron and bandana in her hair. She seemed like a real housewife, and a distraught one. She let out a scream when she saw the Venonat on the floor, still fainted.

"Nate! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! What happened?!" She was almost hyperventilating. Lynne decided to give it a shot and not just run away from the scene. Bad choice on your part, Lynne, very bad choice.

"Ma'am?"

The woman turned around, a tear in her eye, and let her gaze sweep over Lynne, and then Pandora, and then Lynne again. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Or a mother's baby that got hurt, for that matter. The woman's eyes just about blazed with fire. "You." She hissed, almost inaudible, which was far more disturbing than should she have yelled it. Far more.

"Ehm, Madam? Your Pokémon attacked mine, I had no-" Lynne attempted, but the woman quickly interrupted her.

"You lie." Another hiss. "Nate would never hurt anyone, never! There is barely enough activity in his brain to stay alive!" The woman's pitch and volume both went up while she spoke.

Have I been battling a retarded Venonat? Lynne asked herself. Had I almost lost to a retarded Venonat?! That was definitely a punch to Lynne's ego. A sucker punch, might I add.

"What villain are you to attack an innocent creature like that! What heartless creature to hurt something so sweet as Nathaniel?! To knock out a mentally challenged creature?!" She turned her back to Lynne to stroke the poor Venonat's fur, and Lynne immediately took the opportunity to run away from her, Pandora coming behind her.

she had run for about 15 seconds when an enraged scream rang through the route, only making Lynne run faster. There was a psychotic woman in the area and Lynne was not going to get caught by her!

Only when that particular section of Route 1 was far behind her, did Lynne stop running, a panting Pandora came up from behind her too, and instantly let herself drop to the ground, asleep.

"That was a close call… Too close a call." She so did not want to think about what the woman would have done had Lynne not just escaped. And all that over a retarded Venonan….

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    @Luigi-a: Oh my god, that post was hilarious! I liked it. The battle was pretty good too. Not the best, but pretty good.

Pandora grew to Level 8
    Pandora learned Leech Seed.

Years
    Soon the girl had cut off her tears and was sniffling. Chad scratched the back of his head awkwardly, wanting to tell her that he had to leave but not wanting to at the same time. So he shuffled his feet a bit until the girl looked up at him. For the first time, he noticed her wide and watery blue eyes. Perfect puppy-dog eyes. Chad cursed inwardly and stuffed his hands (now free of chips, because he had eaten them all while he stood there) into his pockets. The little girl hiccuped and sniffed once more. Eevee hopped off of her lap and stood next to Chad's leg, head cocked to the side and ears perked. The girl then stood up and brushed off the flowing pink dress she was wearing. Chad yawned a bit, and didn't even bother to stifle it.

"I'm really sorry mister," the little girl said. "I just didn't think that there would be any other way you'd battle me. I am a little kid, after all," she said rather intelligently. Chad blinked. She sounded much smarter than she had a little bit ago. "My name is Catalina, by the way." Her voice was surprisingly light. It was rather different from the battle and the crying that came after. Chad noted that her hair was blonde and fell in wavy curls to her shoulders.

"Chad," he stated simply. He stuck out his hand. She giggled and shook it. He ignored the giggle, and then pressed, "How old are you anyway?"

"I'm nine," she stated rather proudly. There was a brief pause, and then she added, "Well, and a fourth."

Chad rolled his eyes and snorted. "Whatever you say, kid," he stated. She pouted at him. "Anyway, Eevee and I here have to be on our way. Maybe you shouldn't steal your brother's Mareep. He might like you more that way." Catalina's jaw dropped as Chad turned away from her. Eevee followed at his heels as he walked away.

"YOU ARE SUCH A JERK! I BET YOU DON'T HAVE ANY JUNK!"

"Yup," Chad said over his shoulder. "And I do. I'd offer you to check, but that might be weird. Oh, and maybe you should ask people what things mean before you say them," Chad said. Catalina's face went bright red, and that was the last thing Chad saw of her. It was around noon by now.

When Chad started whistling about fifteen minutes later, Eevee jumped and looked at him suddenly. Chad stopped his whistling and looked down at the little brown fuzzball. Her ears were perked up towards him. Then Chad stopped in his tracks and crouched down to as close as he could get to Eevee's height without hurting himself. Eevee cocked her head to the side. Chad held up a finger and thought for a second. Eevee looked utterly confused. Finally, Chad had it. A nickname. That's just what Eevee needed. Yup, his number one winning girl completely and totally needed a nickname.

"You need a nickname," Chad stated brightly.

"Bree!" Eevee chirped, not really sure what he was saying but going along with it. He seemed loony enough to make things interesting.

Chad then flopped down on his butt and stared at Eevee long and hard. Her fluffy tail bounced back and forth in a slight wag as she watched and waited. Chad muttered things under his breath, but most of the time they ended in funny expressions. "How about Chadette? Haha, get it? It's like my name, only in girl form." Eevee wrinkled her nose. "Alrighty, maybe not. How about Puppy? You look like a puppy, right?" Once again, he got a funny look. Chad opened his mouth and was about to offer another ridiculous name, when there was a crackle of lightning in the distance. A short boom followed. They both looked toward the direction. Eevee seemed to perk up at the sign of the oncoming storm. And then suddenly, it hit him. "STORM!" Chad shouted, bouncing to his feet and pointing at Eevee. She leaped back.

"Bree?" she questioned cautiously. She was a little afraid he was going to start dancing about like a maniac.

"Storm. How about that? I'll call you Storm," Chad stated. His chest was all puffed up and full of ego. Eevee seemed to like the name just fine, so there it was. Eevee was now Storm. Chad crossed his arms like he had seen on some anime TV show. Then he nodded to himself, trying to look all cool. "Hmm...perfect." Eevee glanced about and then took off. Chad snapped his eyes open. "HEY! Ee-Storm! Get back here!" Chad shouted. He scrambled about and then took off after his Pokemon. It was rather funny, because Chad thought Eevee was crazy yet she thought Chad was.

Eevee finally trotted to a stop about half a mile away. She was simply staring at a bush. Chad's eyebrow raised and he picked up his little Pokemon. Then he decided to investigate for himself, being the manly man he was. Chad walked into the bush, Eevee firmly tucked under his arm. His curiosity was spiked when he saw a small something-rather swimming in a pond. He heard another crack of thunder, and decided that before he went to investigate further (because that, of course, is what manly men do) he would put on his sweatshirt and protective tarp over his guitar case. Yes, even though it was water proof he didn't want an ounce of it wet. Not one single ounce. Chad would flip if water got anywhere on his case.

So, taking this little pause in his investigation, Chad set Eevee on the ground as well as his stuff. He then unzipped his backpack and pulled out his hoodie. It was black and had a freaky vampire smiley face thing on the front. He thought it was funny. Eevee watched as Chad slipped the hoodie on and then dug around in his backpack. Finally he produced a clear tarp, which he carefully put on his guitar's case. He had the tarp especially fitted a long while ago. Chad then put the stuff back on his person, and picked Eevee up. She cuddled closer to his chest as he went further into the investigation. The rain began to fall close to one in the afternoon. Chad discovered the training Mankey at about one oh five in the afternoon. He wanted to run away moments later, but it was too late.

"YOU!"

The voice made Chad cringe as he turned. Eevee attempted to leap down his sweatshirt and hide. She did so, despite Chad's protests. He didn't realize it, but Chad actually looked pregnant when Eevee was settled down there. When he turned, he saw a boy in some sort of black belt getup just a few paces away. There was a red belt around his waist. Chad glanced at the completely soaked outfit and the boy's completely soaked hair. It looked black now, but Chad figured it would turn out to be dark brown when it dried. Chad pointed to himself, and mouthed the word "me?" The boy glared at him in response.

"Yes, you. I saw that Eevee there, now tucked into your shirt. I require a battle!" he proclaimed. "YOSH!" Chad watched as he got into some sort of fighting stance. The Mankey swung over Chad's head suddenly and stood next to its trainer. Chad cursed in annoyance. Quite frankly, he didn't want to battle a guy with a type advantage over his poor Eevee. "Let's go! Unless, of course, you are chicken." Chad's eyes narrowed. He wasn't the type to get annoyed and all testosterone-y when someone pulled the chicken card, but he really didn't like this kid. Chad wanted to show him a lesson, and show him a lesson he was going to do.

"Fine. Bring it on, baby martial arts guy."

"My name is Keegan!" he declared indignantly. "And maybe you should summon your 'baby' first." He was eyeing Chad's lumpy stomach. Chad glanced down and almost did a face-palm.

"Ee-dang it. Storm, come on. Let's do this thing," Chad hissed, pushing down on his sweatshirt. Seconds later, Eevee popped out the bottom and rolled to a halt in the mud. I guess that brings a new meaning to pooping out a baby or whatever they say, Chad speculated. He cleared his throat. "Alright Storm, we've got this down. Beat that Mankey down with a tail whip, and then smack it to the ground with a tackle!" Chad called. Thunder roared behind them as lightning flashed moments prior.

Eevee charged at the Mankey at full throttle, when Chad realized it was a mistake. The ground was already muddy because of the pond, but as the rain began to sprinkle and pour down it had grown a little worse. Eevee slipped suddenly, conforming Chad's sudden fears. The ground was so slippery it was hard for Eevee to gain much traction while she was running. Nevertheless, she got back up again and proceeded with the tail whip. Mankey had gotten a bit of an edge, but had slipped as well. Its low kick attack was cut off because of this. Eevee knocked into the Pokemon, but barely did any damage because she couldn't get a running start. Chad clenched his teeth. He knew if Mankey hit, the Pokemon didn't need to run just to use all of its force with its legs.

"Alright Storm, you've got to watch out for Mankey. Maybe dodge and let that ugly monkey slide into the river," Chad advised carefully. The black belt boy's fists clenched. It seemed he didn't like his Pokemon being called an ugly monkey. "You've got this Storm. Let's kick some major dojo ass!" Chad called happily.

"Oh no you most certainly will not!" the boy shouted. "Mankey, let's get that little pipsqueak. Use low kick!" the boy called to his monkey. Mankey charged. The boy took this opportunity to smirk. "Your Pokemon is more like the rain. Nothing like a storm."

Chad smirked slightly, but said nothing. "Eevee, dodge the attack and then counter somehow with tackle," Chad stated calmly. His overly happy appearance soon diminished, leaving him with a cool battle attitude. The dojo boy paid no heed to this.

Eevee dug her heels into the muddy ground and held herself there. Mankey approached rapidly, and brought its foot around soon enough. Chad watched as Eevee managed to leap out of the mud just in the nick of time. Mankey's foot grazed her nose, she was that close to getting struck. Chad narrowed his blue eyes and watched carefully as Eevee continued dodging backwards in small leaps. Mankey continued barreling forward, and Chad knew that soon Eevee would hit the small pond. What would happen then would be up to Eevee, because Chad wasn't quite sure how to have that work out.

"Mankey, watch out for-" the boy began, but it was too late. Mankey swung again, and Eevee ducked just in time. Mankey lots its footing and slipped into the water.

"Heh, not so smart after all, are we?" Chad taunted. He stuck his tongue out. "Alright Storm, just wait for Mankey to emerge and just knock it down! We've got this now," Chad stated. A little voice in his head that sounded oddly liked a certain friend of his told him he shouldn't be so cocky, but he squashed the voice and focused on the battle at hand.

"Mankey, get out of the water and stick to the trees," Keegan called to the water.

There was a great splash, and then Mankey appeared in a blur. Before Eevee could knock it away, the Pokemon had made it into the trees. It leapt from branch to branch. Eevee whipped around and attempted to follow the monkey, but that didn't quite work. Chad's teeth locked together as he watched. There was another clap of thunder, and this made Chad jump. He had been so focused on the battle that he'd forgotten about the rain, but that didn't matter now. Chad looked at the battle once more, and it seemed that in the brief second he hadn't looked, Eevee had gotten beaten down by the low kick attacks.

"Storm!" Chad called in sheer worry. Eevee acknowledged him by lifting her head, but only a little. "You can do it," Chad said, happy that she was still conscious. "C'mon, just get back up and show that ugly butt who's boss!"

"Why don't you just shut up!" Keegan snarled. Chad looked at him suddenly. "Your Pokemon is unfit to battle. She's hurt. Take her to a Pokemon Center. You know nothing about training," he snapped angrily.

Chad blinked, clearly taken aback. He looked at Eevee. She stared back at him. It was only a few hours into this, and he was already screwing up. Chad closed his eyes as the rain fell down.

"Wow, you're such a screw up. How can you not manage to get a single A on your grades? What about gym? That's the easiest thing EVER!" His friends thought he was stupid, that was for sure. Chad just grinned and giggled.

"Aw, I don't pay attention anyhow," he said carelessly. When they left, laughing at the fact that Chad was so bad at stuff like that, Chad deflated. The happy grin was wiped from his face. He peered over his shoulder and then looked at the ground. With a small, booted foot, Chad kicked a stone and watched as it rolled all the way into a puddle and was submerged. "Yeah," he mumbled. "I'm drownin' too."

"Well?! Do you give up yet?!"

Chad snapped his eyes open and glared angrily at the dojo boy. His temper was slowly spiking. The headache that had worn off with food was suddenly back. It was a dull throb now. "Shut the hell up. You don't even know me," Chad growled. "So what if she's injured? Lots of Pokemon get injured like this. Maybe you're the one who needs to learn how to raise a Pokemon."

"Mankey, finish it off. Use another low kick." Keegan's voice was cold and hollow.

"Storm!" Chad shouted.

Suddenly there was a bright flash of lightning. Thunder roared seconds later, and Chad saw the light. The tree Mankey had been standing on was torn down, and the Pokemon was lying face first in the mud. Eevee had managed to stand up, though she was wobbly. Chad felt himself loosen up from his tense state. Eevee glared at Mankey and Keegan, her eyes full of defiance and will. Mankey got up and shook itself from the muddy clumps settling into its fur. Keegan snorted underneath his breath and muttered something that Chad just couldn't quite catch. Chad knew he had gotten lucky this time.

"I can't afford it any more," Chad muttered to himself. "Storm use your speed to get it confused with where you are, and then go in for a striking kill," Chad said. His voice was now hoarse and cracked. He wanted so badly to be in a warm bed, but he watched nonetheless.

Eevee bolted towards the tree, and Mankey followed. Keegan ordered Mankey to just throw itself into a low kick. Eevee rebounded off the tree just as Mankey slammed its fist into the tree. There was a great crack as the tree was broken in half, but there was also a cry of pain. Chad looked hopeful as Eevee slammed into Mankey's gut and sent the Pokemon flying backwards. They rolled a bit in the mud, and then everything was quiet. Except, of course, the rumble of thunder in the background. Blood pounded in Chad's ears as he waited. There was a slight movement from the brown bodies. Suddenly a little shape came barreling towards him. Chad hugged his Eevee, not caring that his favorite hoodie was going to be muddy.

"I'm sorry," Chad muttered, suddenly apologizing for more than he meant. Keegan looked at Mankey as it got up slowly, and then recalled his Pokemon. He knew it wasn't worth it, unlike Chad hadn't. "I'll make everything alright. I promise you. Someday I will."

"Bree," Eevee chirped happily, snuggling into his chest.

"Good job, novice," Keegan (AKA dojo boy) muttered softly. He then disappeared into the forest, the rain almost taking him with it. Chad looked around and thought he saw a flash of yellow and white, but then it was gone. It was just him and Eevee now. Chad started towards Viridian once more, wanting nothing more than a great long rest.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    @Fenris: I liked this battle a lot. Your character really is stubborn.

Eevee is now Storm
    Eevee grew to Level 10

Level 10 is the limit for Route 2.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    When Lynne's heartbeat had finally settled to one that was slightly normal. Slightly, because she was sure that it still wasn't around the 70 beats per minute average. Plus, it was time to get the hell out of this place and into the city. Lynne was still sure she would find the woman lurking behind a tree, ready to poke her eyes out with a knitting needle or something. God knows what people could do with a knitting needle. Especially psychopathic ladies with retarded Venonat. Lynne shuddered at the thought.

Pandora seemed to be quite happy about her victory however. She was trotting happily beside Lynne as they made their way down the straightforward path toward the next town. Several times she jumped when a shadow moved somewhere, only to mentally kick herself for cowardice afterwards.

"Come on Lynne, you're a de Graaf, you're not going to be scared by a crazy lady," She muttered to herself. "You're not just any de Graaf, you're Lynette de Graaf. No old ladies could beat you down. Not even middle-aged ladies. No one could. So snap out of it!"

"Having fun talking to yourself?"

Lynette spun around to face a girl her age with a satisfactory grin on her face. The girl's brown hair was twisted into a tight not and her clothing suggested that the girl was quite rich. Stance and attitude told Lynne that there was an arrogance that went with it. Great. "Screw off, I'm not interested."

"Not interested in what?" The girl said in a way that made Lynne want to take a rock and push it up her ass. Or a pineapple, that would work too. "you didn't really think I wanted something from you? You're obviously deranged, talking to yourself. Also, the insanity shows in the fact that you take a lowly Bulbasaur with you. Everyone knows that Bulbasaur is the weakest of the three stereotype starters. And your seems especially weak."

"I said, screw off!" Lynette glanced at Pandora apologetically, the Bulbasaur was watching the girl with about as much of a glare as Lynette was. In fact, it was such a great glare that Lynne possessed that it was affectionately named the 'Masterglare'. That's right. And you wouldn't mess with a Masterglare. Apparently, this girl had missed that memo.

"Oh, does the crazy have no tolerance for some constructive criticism either? How sad, you could definitely use it."

"That's it! Me. You. Pokémon battle. Now." Yes, this girl had made her so mad, she had lost the ability to form complete sentences, but the girl looked satisfactory right now. She must have been waiting for this. Suspicion arose from Lynne's side.

"Fine, but I need to know the name of the person whose ego is going to be totally crushed by the end of this."

"Well, then you'd better tell me your name then." Point for Lynette. That was 1-1 then. And Lynne was being generous in the scoring, giving this girl one pity-point… Or that's what she was telling herself.

"Oh, how very clever of you, a child could have come up with that come-back. It wasn't so much of a come-back than taking my own sentence, changing it around a bit, and then spitting it back at me. Is that really as best as you can do? For your information, the name is Isabelle Houston. Remember the name, for it shall be famous some day." Okay, this Isabelle was seriously looking for a fight. And not a Pokémon fight, mind you, but an old-fashioned fist-fight.

"Lynette de Graaf, and this here, is Pandora, the one who will be kicking your ass." Lynne nodded at Pandora, who jumped forward with the chance of proving herself to this stranger who had insulted her.

"You have the tendency to utter vulgar language, do you know that? Falling back on swearing to make up for your lack of wit. Instead of bluffing and trying to intimidate me like a caveman would against another caveman, how about we try and handle this like normal **** Sapiens', hm? Go, Ivan." Isabelle calmly released a Corphish. Yes, she was definitely a rich one, this annoying creature, having a Pokémon from Sinnoh of all places. But it was water, and Pandora was grass. They'd make this.

"Pandora, I want you to start with the whole growl-tackle combo you did last time, okay?" Pandora shot forward, and when she was close enough to the Corphish she let out a low growl that did… absolutely nothing. The Pokémon looked at Pandora as if it were saying 'well, that was uncalled for'. Pandora looked back at Lynne with question, and Ivan took exactly that opportunity to let out a bubble that caught Padnora off-guard, and without his trainer's command!

"Pandora! Okay, so growl doesn't do anything for some reason, we have to think of something else then. Try a plain tackle!" Pandora dashed toward the Corphish, who just waited for the attack to come. Just before the attack hit, it glanced back and then suddenly, out of nowhere, its pincers shot forward and used a vice grip on Pandora.

The Bulbasaur cried out in pain as the pincer closed around her leg and clamped down hard. "Pandora!" Lynne shouted out, worried about her Pokémon. "Pandora, try to wriggle out of your situation, get away from the grip.

In the meantime, Corphish only secured his grip, not letting go of Pandora. She wriggled to get away, tried to kick the shellfish with her short little legs. In the end she turned and but the pincer as hard as she could. The Corphish was so shocked that he let her go, and she scurried away from him as quickly as possible. Well there went that strategy, straightforward attacks wouldn't help them.

"Pandora, get into the bushed as stay covered!" A plan was already formulating in Lynette's brain, and it involved Pandora's natural camouflage. Again the Corphish looked back at his trainer, and then stayed put. Neither party did anything for a while, Pandora was hidden away in the bushes somewhere, and Ivan wasn't going to look for her. It was a stalemate.

What Lynne did notice was that the shellfish kept glancing back at his trainer for something, but Isabelle's face never betrayed anything. Was she not going to help her Pokémon in this fight? Was she just letting him do all the work? It didn't make sense. And the confirmation glances? There was something fishy going on here.

Suddenly, while Lynette had been thinking about what was the deal with Isabelle, Ivan started to fire a bubble everywhere, but Pandora stayed low in the bushed and if she got hit, she didn't betray her location. Corphish was getting impatient, he darted side to side on the spot, and he couldn't stand still. Finally he went in.

Isabelle gasped a little, as if she was going to say something, but stopped herself. Corphish stopped just before the bushes, staying on empty territory, but he was obviously trying to sniff out his opponent.

"Pandora, let's try a new move, use leech seed!" Suddenly, from somewhere to the left of Ivan, came a glowing seed. The moment it touched the water creature, it burst open and vines instantly wrapped around Corphish. A current went through the Pokémon, with visible green sparks flying everywhere. The creature cried out in pain while somewhere, Lynne knew, Pandora would be using his energy to heal herself. A parasitic move made even stronger by Corphish' water type.

"Ivan!" It was a tone that implied that he should pay attention. Suddenly Ivan stopped twitching and instead started concentrating on how to get the lethal seed away from him. He swing his pincers everywhere, attempted to cut the vines. When he had two of them loose, he started to shake himself. He used a branch to pick up the vines and then moved his own body away from them. A clever maneuver that also worked. He was left panting, but whole.

"Pandora, now!" This very moment Pandora dashed out of her hiding place and tackled Corphish full-on, while he had still been recovering from the leech seed attack. She managed to crack him straight at a trunk.

Corphish looked at Isabelle again, and it was then that Lynette noticed what she should have seen all along. Isabelle was giving him signs with her hands. Clever, very clever. This way the opponent had no way to figure out which move to use, even if they did know that she were giving signs. And if they didn't know, well, then it was even more of an advantage.

Corphish opened his mouth and launched a bubble. A pathetic bubble, but a bubble. Pandora just dodged and tackled Corphish again. She got the opponent pinned between her and the tree, and that very impact was what knocked him out.

"Just at that moment an elaborate lightning-branch ripped through the sky, straight down. A fraction of a second later an incredible roar tore through the world around Lynne. There was no doubt that the branch had struck close-by, not a shadow of a doubt.

Isabelle actually whimpered as the sound punched her eardrums. She quickly recalled her Ivan, pulled out a foldable umbrella from her bag, and stalked away, all without a word. Lynne was left standing slightly baffled, then, when the surprise had melted away from her she called back at Isabelle. "You do know that umbrellas and thunder are not a good idea, do you?!" Isabelle's shoulders hunched and she quickly put away the umbrella.

And just a second after she had done that, the world exploded with rain. Buckets full of rain, wetting anything that wasn't sheltered. Lynne swore and picked up Pandora, who was still a-okay after the leech seed-energy. With her creature in her arms she ran to the town which, thankfully, was nearby. There were more lightning-branches, but all of those stretched straight back into the clouds, and even though the thunder was still there, there weren't any more hits.

And all along the way Lynne was chanting only one thing. Warm bed, warm bed, food, warm bed, warm bed.

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    "Thank you, thank you, thank you!!" Gaff couldn't be effusive enough in his thanks. The man from the Pokemart waved from under his umbrella, and walked onward. He'd had given Gaff a free potion, which he apparently did for all trainers, and told him about the Pokemart, but he'd also let Gaff buy a revive from him, which Gaff had had just enough cash money to cover. Too bad for any more trainers he encountered, until he reached Viridian City and could withdraw some more.

According to the Pokemart guy, Viridian wasn't far at all, which was good, since the rain was harder now, with thunder and the occasional flash of lightning.

Not that thunder and lightning was the reason he'd wanted to revive Paladin, or anything. No... but why sit through it alone if he didn't have to, right?

Paladin looked quite rejuvenated now, grabbed on to Gaff's arm as he sat under another tree--the shorter of two that were close together, because Gaff didn't want to be barbecued if lightning struck--and peered at the screen of Gaff's pokedex as Gaff browsed through it. All the blank space made Gaff almost itch for the information that would eventually fill it, and he checked out the entries for the pokemon it had recorded so far.

Kakuna and Caterpie in Viridian forest--of course, he'd know that already. Rattata right here on this route, not a surprise. Squirtle's areas? Unknown. "Hey buddy, you're a mystery in the wild," Gaff said, looking over at Paladin's wide black-and red eyes. "I wonder why." Squirtles were pretty rare, there was that. The ones seen in Kanto were all bred here. "Just hard to find?" He hoped so. He didn't want to think that there weren't anymore in the wild. No, that couldn't be--the world was a big place, and the oceans were even bigger.

Gaff heard an indignant noise, and glanced at Paladin. "Hm? What's wrong." Paladin tilted his head, not looking at all annoyed, or like he'd made a sound. Gaff heard it again, and this time it was obviously from overhead. Paladin looked upward and so did Gaff, squinting through the branches and leaves overhead. It was all shadowy from the dark clouds and all the rain, and Gaff couldn't see a thing, though he did get a fat drop of water on his forehead that had snuck through the cover.

He looked down and scrubbed the water off his face before it slid into his eye. That was a good thing.

Paladin bellowed and something landed on Gaff's back, not heavy but there were definitely sharp bits involved, hitting him in the back of the head. "Augh!" Gaff flailed his arms and rolled forward, trying to dislodge whatever had hit him."Get off, get off, get off!!"

The thing flapped away and Gaff got a face-full of wing, feathers soft but wingbone striking like a fist, smacking his nose and making his eyes water. "Paladin--ack!" he spat out a feather, "do something!" The revive hadn't fully rejuvenated him but hopefully he'd still be good for a battle.

"Squirtle!" Paladin's cry rang out and Gaff felt sturdy feet land on him for leverage as Paladin tackled the feathered monster that had just attacked them.

Gaff rubbed his face hurriedly and stared. It was a... it was a tiny bird, a Pidgey, but it was furious, flapping and squawking in a rage of some kind, glancing back and forth between the both of them.

"Tackle!" Gaff ordered, scrambling back to his feet. Paladin flung himself forward, but the Pidgey leaped nimbly to one side, putting itself between them and the tree, making for Gaff again, and Gaff pulled his hood up and backed with some reluctance out into the heavy rain again. The Pidgey swiped its wings through the still-dry dirt below at the base of the tree trunk, spraying sand and dust all over them. Gaff shielded himself behind his poncho, but most of it was aimed at Paladin, who squinted and ran forward right through it. "Out in the rain, Paladin, rinse it off and try that bubble attack!"

Once they were both out in the rain, though, the Pidgey was noticeably less frantic. Still aggressive, still moving to attack, but it seemed calmer now.

Whatever it was doing, the Pidgey was still going for Paladin. Time to think about it afterwards.

Paladin was braced, out under the rain, the grime already washed away, and he leaned forward and blew a bubble that shot away from him with unexpected speed and struck the Pidgey straight on, popping with a sharp snap, and the Pidgey staggered backwards, wings hanging limp, before slumping down at the foot of the tree, eyes half-closed.

"Phew," Gaff said, and raised one hand to feel carefully around the back of his head under the hood. "Ow." He looked at his hand, but there wasn't blood or anything. Maybe a bruise or something, but Paladin had pushed the bird off quickly.

"Squirtle," Paladin said firmly, coming close and patting Gaff's leg reassuringly.

"Oh, my hero," Gaff said, not really kidding, and he bent to touch Paladin on the head, reached a little further to scratch gently just under the edge of his shell. Never mind the thunder, this was another reason not to travel alone.

The Pidgey seemed in no condition to fight anymore, but Gaff still stepped carefully when he ventured under the tree a last time to get his bag and pokedex back. The bird roused a little, snapped its beak at him, but he pulled out of reach easily now.

From above, Gaff heard a high pitched peeping, joined by another voice soon after, and he looked down at the Pidgey again, who was slightly more alert now, and eyeing him with ire again. If he waited too long, he'd probably get attacked again.

"We wouldn't have hurt your babies," he said, not that the little bird would understand. "We'll be going now." It occurred to him briefly that he could have captured this Pidgey, but he had no desire to keep a pokemon that had attacked him in such fury, nor to remove one from its family. At least the Pokedex would have recorded the encounter.

Lightning flashed overhead, and Gaff braced himself and counted until the CRACK-BOOM of thunder had passed. The Pidgey had also frozen at the sound, and the peeping voices from the tree had fallen quiet.

Paladin was just staring upward, in awe. The noise came from electricity, but Gaff didn't know if Paladin understood that. To him, water was water, even from the sky, and he probably though it was just right that it should be that imposing.

"Come on, hero," Gaff, moved out into the downpour again. "Onward!"

They walked on, Gaff trying to avoid the muddiest parts of the path, Paladin not caring at all, and splashing through any puddle they came across.

The rain-blurred lights of Viridian City came into view not too much time later, and Gaff was surprised how happy he was to see it. Nothing like a taste of hard travel--and Gaff was sure it was nothing compared to what else was waiting--to make you appreciate the promise of some comforts.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Sorry it took so long, but Pokemon Raptor, a fangame made here, was released yesterday, and I was playing that. (Still am.) Here we go.

@Broadway: That was a nice fight, and it's good to see that you let the Pidgey go.

Paladin grew to Level 9

@Luigi-a: Your fight was pretty good as well, but there is something wrong. Corphish is from Hoenn, not Sinnoh. (I don't know if you can even find one in Sinnoh, but you probably can) But other then that, I liked the post.

Pandora grew to Level 10
    Pandora learned Vine Whip

Chapter 3: The First Stop! City of Lights! (Viridian City)
    (1 Post)

What you can do in a city: You can get items, but don't go overboard.
    You can't battle, unless otherwise noted, or a gym is accessible.
    You can't catch pokemon, or be given one unless otherwise noted.

Other then those two things, I don't care what happens. And since this is a city, there is more plot in this!

---

An old man is seen walking down the street with an Arcanine right next to him, helping him along. "It's nights like this where I can really feel glad to be alive." Said the old man. The Arcanine looked up, prompting the old man to as well. "Oh, a storm is coming in. We'd better hurry home, Infir."

"Arcanine." Said Infir as he crouched down. The old man got on the Arcanine... and immedately fell off, a bullet hole in his forehead. Infir growled, and a man came out. He was hidden by a blue cloak.

"Hehehe... come with me, little Arcanine. Our master wants a word with you." Said the man. Infir exhaled a Fire Blast, but the man suddenly disappeared, causing the fire to hit the cliffs. "My my... such temper." Arcanine looked around, and saw the man, with an Alakazam behind him. "I'm not going to hurt you, and I feel for your loss."

"ARRR!" Roared Infir before shooting a flamethrower. The man was teleported away once more.

"Don't be like this, the old man was going to die soon anyway. However, while this isn't something I'd like to do, I am going to have to do it." Said the man as he got a pokeball. "Electrode, Thunder Wave!" The man sent out the pokemon, and as it popped out, it fired an electric pulse. Infir tried to get out of the way, but was too slow, as the wave paralyzed him.

"Arrr..." Growled Infir as the man walked over to him. The man smiled as he pulled out a Master Ball.

"Heh, good bye." Said the man as he dropped the ball. It sucked Infir in, and the rest was history. "Heh, this will be good... hopefully the master won't be too pissed. Alakazam teleported the man, and Electrode away, just before a couple of people were to turn the corner.

"Oh my god!" Exclaimed a woman as she ran over to the dead man. "Dad!"

"This is not good. We have to find whoever did this." Said another man. "It's probably one of those people who were in Team Rocket about five years ago that never broke the habit."

"Dad." Sobbed the woman, having fallen to her knees.

"We must not let anyone know of this." Said the man who spoke earlier. "We don't want the league to get involved. If they do, then everybody will begin to panic. Come on, we need to return home. Take Max with us." The woman nodded as she grabbed her father, Max.

(OOC: And here we go. I will now be monitoring where you are.)

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    (OOC: Since that happened on a street, where anyone could see, is it safe to imagine some people did see something, at least from a distance, even if the event wasn't officially reported?)

Back in town just overnight, and there was a familiar face. Gaff raised a hand in greeting and Rex, a trainer he'd met at the hostel he'd stayed at on his way down through Viridian last time, waved him over. The guy was a few years older than him, and trained his pokemon purely as a peripheral to his day job as a geography student. Hands-on fieldwork needed pokemon bodyguarding.

"Where's Fang?" Gaff inquired, sitting down with his food tray, and not being shy about inhaling the oh-so-delicious smell of a cheap, totally unhealthy fast food meal. "Did he get tired from a battle?"

Rex's Slowpoke Fang was a pokemon whose name defied his demeanour, though he did at least manage to follow Rex wherever he went, and apparently was a very capable battler. It was strange to see skinny, scruffy Rex without his chubby pink companion.

Rex looked in both directions and leaned forward. "Listen, I heard that something happened, and you better watch your pokemon."

"What?" Gaff frowned at Rex.

"It's like, look, it's a rumor so far, and it's weird, but something happened, someone got hurt or worse, and it was because of their pokemon. Their pokemon got stolen."

"What, you mean like Team Rocket? They're gone," scoffed Gaff. "World Police officially confirmed they disbanded."

Rex shrugged. "I don't know. I just heard from people who heard from people who saw, maybe, and I know that sounds like nothing, but it came from a few different directions. I like to do my research right, but something you have to follow instinct too, you know."

Gaff shrugged skeptically. He didn't really think he believed Rex, but... maybe it was for the best that Paladin was shy enough to retreat into his ball when there were many people around. "Better safe than sorry, I guess," he offered, not wanting to disagree outright, and Rex nodded in agreement.

He finished lunch, and stayed on talking to Rex for another hour or so, both of them getting into better spirits with the conversation, until Rex headed off to the library and Gaff went to visit a 'mart.

Walking through the streets, he felt a little wary, and had to resist the urge to stare all around him. "Thanks a lot, Rex," he thought, a little unhappy that his good mood was ebbing like this.

He couldn't shake it, either, not even when seeing people here and there in the company of their pokemon. A Machoke helper on a delivery truck, a pair of Rattata scampering around the feet of a little girl, an Oddish sitting happily on a windowsill next to a potted plant as a young man watered it.

Nothing looked too out of the ordinary in this neighborhood.

But then that just meant it hadn't happened in this neighborhood. He kept his hand on Paladin's pokeball on his belt.

The Pokemart came into sight around the next corner, and Gaff headed over. He wanted to stock up on some status healers, at least some antidotes and some awakenings, and a few more potions... not too much, couldn't stretch his budget until he'd managed to win some prize money of his own, instead of losing it.

He entered the 'mart, the sight of familiar supplies and merchandise making him feel a bit better.

But still. He couldn't help being alert.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    @Broadway: It didn't happen on a street, more like a mile or so out of town, since it was on the route to the west, but a few other people probably did see it. It's not going to be reported, or else it will cause mass panic in Kanto, and a whole bunch of bad stuff's going to happen, when it could be just some ex-team rocket member who got too overconfident, and is hiding in the city.

But you caught it, people could have noticed it.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    If Vespinus doesn't post within 3 more days can I jump in and take Pikachu?

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I figured I'd go ahead and post my sign up so when time's up I can jump right in and start. I hope it's good enough for Pikachu. If not I think there's a few others who haven't posted in a long while either.

Name: Kairi Hill

Sex: Female

Appearance:

Kairi is very short for her age. Even though, she's 12 she looks more like she's 8 years old. She is only 8 foot. She weights about 80 pounds. So yea, her weight makes her get sick a lot. She has long brown hair which she keeps tied in two long hanging ponytails. She wears a big white hat with a ribbons tied on the side in a bow on her head. She has brown eyes as well. Her eyes are the same color as her hair. She wears a long red tee shirt with short blue gean overalls over it. On her feet she wear red shoes with very long socks going all the way up to her knees. This is the perfect look for a Breeder. Or, so everyone tells her that all the time,"Hey! You look like a Breeder." She carries around a very big brown side bag that has a PokeGear atacted to it.

The PokeGear is pink in color. Her Pokedex is also pink. For some reason Kairi's always loved the color pink. Her winter look is all pink sweat clothes. She keeps the same hat on though. Her hair style for winter is still the same as her summer look as well. After all a girl needs to bundle up very warmly for the colder time of year. Even though her bottom half is shorts, there still tigh enough to keep her warm during the winter time. She always wears the same shoes even during the winter time though. White shoes with a red line on them.

At night time she wears a long pink nightgown with a picture of a Jigglypuff on it. That is her summer nightgown. She loves it cause it shows that she is a very big fan of the cute Pokemon. She also likes beautiful ones as well, so the gown doesn't get that across though. For winter she wears...you guessed it! She wears pink pajamas with pictures of little heads of Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup on it, all over the pajamas. This also shows her love of cute things, hehe.

(Sorry if Appearence isn't as long as the rest of the things about her. This is the part I stuck at writing. But I still really want Pikachu. It's my favorite Pokemon.)

Personality:
    She is very nice and trusting. Kind to her Pokemon. But she does complain a lot. Kairi really hates walking a lot. Her feet get sore when she does a lot of walking. When Kairi loses her temper though, she's like a hurricane, so watch out. She loses her temper whenever she sees someone being mean to Pokemon, or just being stuck up. She can't stand stuck up people. But she is very faithful to her friends and Pokemon. Kairi loves anything that's cute or beautiful. She goes on beauty. Beautiful and cute Pokemon are her life. She loves them so very much.

Her favorite types of Pokemon are water types. She doesn't know why, there is just something beautiful and magical about water types that she just loves. But her favorite Pokemon are Pachirisu and Pikachu. She thinks there the cutest out of all other Pokemon out there. But she may like Pikachu a lot more then Pachirisu. But she can't stand ghost Pokemon. She is very afaird of ghost Pokemon. When she was very tiny, she got frighten by a Genger, and ever since then she's been very afraid of ghost types. She can't stand to be anywhere near them at all. They frighten her so much.

Kairi believes there can be peace between humans and Pokemon. She believes that one day there will be such a strong connection between humans and Pokemon that humans will be able to understand Pokemon speech. She also believes in not keeping her first Pokemon inside a PokeBall. She likes to keep it outside with her all of the time.

History:
    Kairi was born, and raised in Johto, at New Bark Town. Her parents always used to fight all the time when she was a baby. It was always about her all the time. About what they would do with her. Even when Kairi was a little baby they faught a lot. But then it was about what to feed her. And who was going to change her diaper.

When Kairi was a baby she had always heard voices in her head. She didn't think anything of it at the time because, hey, she was just a baby. Later on when she turned 3 she forgotten all about the voices in her head. It was then that her father got fed up with her mother and decided to leave,"I'm going!" He screamed at Kairi's mother. "Find!" She screamed back. She was glad to have him gone.

Kairi's mother had always thought he was no good for Kairi anyway. Glameow, Kairi's mother's Pokemon yawned and fell asleep as he left the house. It didn't even notice him leaving. Kairi's mother used to be a Coordinator. She had entered dozens of Contests with that Glameow and won them all.

Kairi's mother had been everywhere. From Kanto all the way to Sinnoh. She had even won the Grand Festival with Glameow. Kairi's mother was a Pokemon Coordinator legend. But one day her mother retired from Contests and released all her Pokemon back into the wild expect for Glameow. She kept Glameow with her as a house pet.

Later on when she was 8 years old, Kairi and her mother later on moved to Pallet Town in Kanto, as New Bark Town was way too noisy for her and her mother. She loved going outside and picking flowers. She has a very beautiful flower garden that her mother sometimes helps her with. She plants all kinds of flowers there, but her favorite kinds of flowers are sun flowers.

Kairi has been living with her mother since then. She doesn't know what happened to her father. He disappeared about a year later after the divorce, and Kairi hasn't seen him since then. It's like her father just disappeared off the face of the earth. No one has seen her father since then. But she really doesn't care anyway.

Her and her mother sometimes sell the flowers. One day Kairi was watching TV, and heard about all children starting out as Pokemon Trainers and getting there first Pokemon from the lab,"Wow! That's what I always wanted to do, go on a grand journey and breed Pokemon," Kairi said getting excited,"Maybe I'll be a Breeder that collects Badges." The next day she went and got her starter. With her starter she feels as if she can handle anything. So she starts her journey.

RP Sample: A Training Gym Sample from a RP Pokemon site called Airore Region

Right after evolving Pichu into a Pikachu, Kairi decided Pikachu needed some training very badly. He is just at level 1 after all. She didn't need to worry about leveling up Pachirisu yet, since she was going into the Storage Box. So, the only Pokemon needing training right now was Pikachu. Kairi walked into the training building carrying her Pikachu with Shiva walking by her side and Shaymin in her sky form floating beside her.

At once as soon as Kairi walked inside the building a lot of people ran up to her. They were all staring at Shaymin. She sure was atracking a lot of attention. Shaymin looked a little bit nervous from all these people crowding around her. It wasn't so bad until they started taking pictures of her.

+Uh, Kairi if you need me I'll be sleeping on top of the building,+ Shaymin stated as she flew outside, and on top of the building, where she changed back into her land form, and curled up into a ball and went to sleep.

Kairi kinda giggled a little,"Poor, Shaymin," she grinned. She then walked up to the counter,"I'd like to enter my Pikachu into a training battle please," she said. She picked a random number and the clerk led her to the battlefield. A young trainer by the name of Tox entered the room.

"Ha! A Pikachu," he grinned pointing at Pikachu,"You think your little rat there even stands a chance against me? I'm unbeatable!"

Kairi binked,"Why do you say that?" She asked him. "I'll show you why!" He said as he threw a PokeBall out onto the battlefield. A Ninetales popped out of the PokeBall,"Nine!" It said as it appeared in a flash of light. "A Ninetales!" Kairi says, taking out her Pokedex and pointing it at the fox Pokemon:

Ninetales, the Fox Pokémon. Its the evolved form of the Fire Pokémon Vulpix. It has nine tails and a shining golden fleece. Each of its tails contains a different mystical power. It is said that if you touch it's tails you will be cursed for 50 years. Ninetales are said to live very long lives.

"Wow! A 50 year curse," Kairi sighed. That could be a problem. Kairi made a note of that,'Never piss off a Ninetales or touch it's tails.' She put her notepad back into her backpack. She was now ready for the battle. Pikachu walked out onto the battlefield. He was ready to fight as well.

The Ref then came out to judge the battle,"This will be a one on one Pokemon battle with no time limit. Only one Pokemon for each side may be used. In this battle no Potions or healing items may be used either. Kairi chooses Pikachu. While Tox chooses Nintales. Let the battle begin!" The Ref said as he rung the bell to begin the match.

"I'll let you make the first move Kairi," Tox told her. "Ninetales won't be able to take this! Pikachu Thundershock!" Kairi ordered. Pikachu charged up power in his cheecks then let it fly towards the Ninetales who dodged Pikachu's attack like it was nothing.

"But....how!?" Kairi wondered. "Pika!" Pikachu said, shocked as well. "Hehe! You don't get it do you? Ninetales is much stronger then Pikachu. Ninetales is better build then Pikachu. Plus, it's a fully evolved Pokemon, which also makes it much better," Tox said, lectoring Kairi.

"A Pokemon doesn't have to be fully evolved to be strong!" Kairi demanded shaking her fist at Tox. "Pika pika!" Pikachu agreed, getting kinda mad. "I'll show you the power of a fully evolved Pokemon! Ninetales! Use Flamethrower!" He said pointing.

"Dodge it Pikachu!" Kairi screamed. Too late, Pikachu was hit with Flamethrower full force,"Pikachu!" Kairi screamed. Pikachu was burnt by the Flamethrower attack,"Come on Pikachu! Hang in there! Your much faster then that Ninetales is!" Kairi begged her Pokemon.

"Chuuuu!" Pikachu groaned painfully, trying with all his might to get back up on to his feet. "Come on Pikachu!" Kairi begged again. "Pika!" Pikachu said getting back up. "But how? That Pikachu should be roasted to a crist!" Tox says looking confused. "See what did I tell you? An evolved Pokemon isn't always better!" Kairi demanded.

"So! Evolved or not all I have to do is hit your little Pikachu a few more times with Flamethrower and down it goes, seeing as it's already burnt," Tox laughed evily.

"Chaaaa," Pikachu cried as he was hurt from the burn. And Kairi couldn't use a Full Heal on him as these fights forbid the use of items during the fight. The only thing that would of worked would be if Pikachu had been holding a berry that cures burns. But he wasn't, so Kairi had to make do. She'd have to finish this battle quickly before Pikachu fainted from his burn.

"Ninetales! You know what to do," Tox says. Ninetales nodded and shot Flamethrower at Pikachu again. But this time Pikachu was ready for that and dodged the attack. "See! Your Ninetales may be strong but Pikachu's faster! Power does you no good if you can't hit my Pikachu!" Kairi says,"Pikachu! Keep dodging Flamethrower and use Charm!"

Pikachu nodded and used Charm on Ninetales lowering it's attack by two,"Flamethrower!" Tox yelled. Pikachu dodged and used Charm again. Ninetales growled at Pikachu and shot Flamethrower once again, which Pikachu dodged by sliding right under Ninetales' body.

"Thundershock! Now!" Kairi screamed out. Pikachu screamed sending out his attack. Since Pikachu was right under Ninetales when the attack was released it was a cirtical hit. Ninetales was paralyzed. "Glace!" Shiva cheered for Pikachu, while Tox just screamed,"No! Ninetales!" And ordered Flamethrower just as Pikachu slid out from under it. But Ninetales was fully paralyzed and couldn't move.

"Do it Pikachu!" Kairi called. Pikachu nodded and grabbed onto Ninetales and sent another Thundershock into it's body. It was another cirtical hit. Tox ordered Flamethrower again. But Ninetales was still too paralyzed to move.

So Kairi ordered another Thundershock. By this time though Pikachu was hurt by his burn so badly that he could barly move himself. It was lucky for him that Ninetales couldn't move either. But he shot another Thundershock again, doing yet another cirtical hit.

Both Pokemon looked pretty weak right about now. One more attack could end the fight one way or another. "Come on Ninetales! Flamethrower!" Tox begged his Pokemon. Pikachu backed away as Ninetales moved and was able to release Flamethrower this time,"Quickly Thundershock!" Kairi called.

Both Pokemon released there attacks at the same time, both hitting in the center making a very big explosion, throwing both Pokemon backwards. When the smoke cleared both Pikachu and Ninetales were both panting very hard. They both glared at each other in the face.

It looked like one was going to go down now. Both Kairi and Tox didn't even bother to make a move but stood there watching there two Pokemon for a full minute before Ninetales fell to the floor fainting.

"Yes! Wait ago Pikachu!" Kairi cheered. "Ninetales is no longer able to battle. The winners are Kairi and Pikachu," The ref called waving the green flag at Kairi. Kairi ran up and picked up Pikachu hugging him,"Thanks a lot Pikachu," She said grinning.

"Pika," Pikachu said weakly about to faint from the burn. Kairi put him into his PokeBall for a much needed rest. Tox recalled Ninetales and walked up to Kairi,"Thanks for showing me I was wrong. Looks like evolved Pokemon aren't always better. Looks like I have a lot more to learn as a trainer. You keep on training that Pikachu of yours and I'm sure it'll grow into a very powerful Pokemon one day," he said.

"Thanks a lot," Kairi says, as she and Tox shoot hands after a great battle. Kairi says farewell to Tox and goes to the counter and has Pikachu healed. She called for Shaymin,"Shaymin! It's time to leave!" Shaymin heard her, and changed into her sky form and met her and Shiva outside. Together with Shaymin and her other Pokemon Kairi left to continue her Pokemon journey.

Pokemon: Pikachu

Starter's personality: Kairi's Pikachu is kinda shy for a Pikachu. Pikachus are normally brave and Hasty. But this Pikachu is anything but Hasty. He is afraid of everything. Kairi tries to encourge the little Pokemon. But it is very hard to get him to even battle sometimes. As he is scared of fighting. He is afraid of getting hurt. But with Kairi's encouragement Pikachu feels as if he can do anything. Even though he's shy and scared a lot if his trainer is in danger he'd do anything to protect her, even if it costs him, his life. Pikachu loves Kairi and would do anything for her. Like Kairi, even though Pikachu's a Pokemon as well, he is also very scared of ghost type Pokemon. But he will fight them anyway to protect Kairi. Even though Pikachu's shy he does get along very well with Kairi's other Pokemon. There his best friends. This Pikachu loves to go swimming. It's his favorite hobby when he's not battling.

Trainer Card:

I hope I wrote enough for Pikachu. I did my best, and tried very hard. I rotted my brain out thinking and can't think of anything more no matter how long I sit and think. If you wanted to know, in the RP Sample, Shiva is a female shiny Glaceon.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    @Konekodemon & Vespinus: Vespinus, you have one more day to post, or else Konekodemon will take your spot. I will be VMing you about this as well.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    The Beginning

It all begin one peaceful day, when Kairi was out tending to her garden. A few Pidgey flew by overhead. Kairi grinned as she saw the two bird types flying together. They seemed to be mating. Kairi felt so happy for them. She hoped that one day she could be a Breeder and breed Pokemon, like that. Grinning she picked up her watering can and started watering her flowers. It was such a nice day to be outside today. The sun overhead was shinning very brightly,"What a beautiful day," Kairi grinned.

After she got threw watering her flowers she took out the lawnmower and started mowing. These were just a few of her daily chores that she did to help her mother out. See, Kairi's mother was rarely at home, she worked a lot in the Viridian City flower shop. Kairi was happy for her for getting such a nice job. But she did miss her sometimes.

A few hours later after she was done mowing, Kairi went inside. Since she smelled like grass she figured she'd better take a shower. Glameow, Kairi's pet smelled her,"Meow!" she said as she took that moment to exit the kitty door and go outside. Kairi kinda giggled at that. The smell of the grass on her had offended Glameow.

Glameow was a very old Pokemon. It had been there for Kairi ever since she was a baby. It had been her mother's Pokemon when she used to train Pokemon. Now, Kairi herself hoped one day to train and capture Pokemon as well, as she works towards her goal of becoming a Pokemon Breeder.

Anyway, thinking about her dream Kairi grabbed the things she'd need and went to take her shower. She hummed to herself as she showered. She then turned off the water and got dressed. She then bushed her teeth and dried her long brown hair and bushed it, fixing it up into two low hanging pigtails. That was Kairi's style. She always wore her hair the same way everyday.

Kairi then went to fix some lunch as she looked out the window she saw Glameow chasing a bug. Kairi giggled a little. Not until Glameow fell in the mud getting herself dirty. Kairi sighed. Now she'd have to give her a bath, which Glameow hated. She went outside, picked up Glameow and brought her back in. As soon as Glameow heard the water running, she went crazy trying to get away.

"Glameow! Get back here!" Kairi called as she chased after her. Glameow was getting mud everywhere,"Just great!" Kairi sighed, as she caught Glameow and forced her into the tub. She scratched Kairi up pretty badly too. She then groaned in anger as Kairi bathed her. "There almost done Glameow," Kairi said as she washed the mudd off her,"Meow!" Glameow repiled rudely. When she was done Glameow ran from the room now getting water everywhere.

Now it looked as if Kairi would have to clean that up too. Glameow then curled up in her cat bed and went to sleep. Kairi sighed as she cleaned up the mess. She then washed some clothes. It was mostly her own clothes. She then sit down in front of the TV as she ate her lunch. There was something on the TV about Professor Oak giving out starter Pokemon to kids in Pallet Town,"Alright!" Kairi cheered.

This would be her big chance. Now she could finally become a Pokemon Breeder. She picked up the phone and called her mom at work,"So, anyway mom. The Professor is giving away starter Pokemon. It's always been my dream to be a Breeder and travel the world training Pokemon. So, can I pick up my Pokemon tomorrow and start my journey mom?" Kairi asked. "Sure honey that would be find. I know it's always been your dream to master breeding. So, go have fun with it," her mother said through the phone.

"Thanks mom!" Kairi grinned. They talked for awhile, then Kairi hung up. Kairi was so excited, that she couldn't get to sleep that night. So she stayed up until midnight playing video games. "Yawn! Now time for bed," Kairi said cutting off her TV. She bushed her teeth and got into her pink Jigglypuff nightgown and went to sleep.

Kairi awoke to someone banging on her bedroom door,"Kairi! Wake up! Your going to be late!" Her mother called. There was no answer. Nothing but a moan from Kairi that she was up. Her mother took that as a,"Yes, I'm up and getting ready," not knowing that Kairi had just been talking in her sleep. On the bright side, today was Saturday so Kairi's mother didn't have to go to work today.

She would be able to see Kairi off getting her first Pokemon. About three hours later there was a bang as Kairi rolled off the bed, landing onto the floor. She woke up. And the first thing she did was look at her alarm clock...10:00 AM,"Oh no! I'm late!" Kairi panicked. The Pokemon, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle were to be given out at eight that morning. There was no way she'd make it now. But Kairi had to try.

Kairi didn't even bother getting dressed as she just slipped on her shoes and ran downstairs,"Oh! Kairi," her mother greeted,"Would you like...." Kairi ran out the door as her mother finished saying,"some oatmeal for breakfast." Kairi ran down the road in her nightgown.

As Kairi tore down the road, she drew several bemused glances at her attire from the other bystanders in the streets, along with the odd muttering of "Crazy kids..." In her oversight of not setting her alarm clock on the night before and her subsequent lateness to reach the laboratory where she would pick up her first Pokemon, she had forgotten that the most important part of getting up in the morning was to change out of her nightgown into proper clothes.

Kairi saw a lot of people exiting Professor Oak's lab as she ran up to it,"Excuse me!" Kairi said pushing her way though all the people. She ran up the long stairs up to the lab's doors. She only stopped to catch her breath. Then not even knocking first opened the doors and ran inside, up to Professor Oak,"I...I..pick..I...I.." Kairi said panting very heavy.

"Calm down Kairi. Have a drink of water," Prof. Oak said handing her some water. Kairi gulped it down, as she sit on the Professor's couch. He sit down on the chair next to her. He waited for Kairi to finish her water before saying,"If your here for a Pokemon, I'm sorry but I just gave my last one away," he told her.

"But, don't you have any other Pokemon at all?" Kairi asked. "No, I'm sorry. It's first come, first serve," Prof. Oak told her. Kairi leaned her head down looking disappointed. She guessed she shouldn't have stayed up so late last night. Now she wouldn't be able to get a Pokemon at all. But as she was getting ready to leave, Prof. Oak grabbed her arm,"What is it?" Kairi asked, confused. "However I can still give you a Pokedex and five PokeBalls," he told her,"Also take this, to catch your starter on your own."

Kairi put the Pokedex and PokeBalls away, and took the little box from Professor Oak. She opened it up. Inside was another PokeBall. But this one looked way different then the five she just put in her bag. Instead of being red and white this one was purple and white,"That, Kairi is a new invention that Sliph Co. was creating. It's a new type of PokeBall. They call it a Master Ball. It is supposed to catch any Pokemon without fail. They wanted me to test it to see if it worked. But with all my research I don't have time. So, could I get you to test this new PokeBall Kairi?" Professor Oak asked.

"Sure, I'll test it for you Professor," Kairi says,"And thanks, for going though all the trouble for me." Professor Oak grinned,"No problem. Let me know how it all turns out ok? And make sure to call Sliph Co., after using it to let them know if it works. Here's the number," he said telling Kairi the number. She wrote it down in her PokeGear, which was what she used as her telephone. She then waved at the Professor as she left the lab.

Just as she was exiting the gate, Kairi heard a voice call out to her,"Hey! You! The girl still in her nightgown! Do you want to have a battle?" Kairi turned around and came face to face with a boy around her own age,"No, sorry I was too late. I didn't get a Pokemon," Kairi told him. "Maaan, you suck!" The boy said as he put the PokeBall with his Pokemon in it back up.

"Your right," Kairi sobbed with her head down, as she walked off. She wasn't really so sure if this Master Ball would work or not. But she had to try it. It was her only hope. Kairi went back home, had breakfast got dressed and got ready to go, making sure to grab her hat on the way out of the house,"Bye, mom. You won't see me again, until I've mastered Pokemon breeding," she told her. Her mother wished her luck as she left.

By the time Kairi had reached Route 1 she was very tried already from the long walk from her house all the way here. She checked the time on her PokeGear. It was already 1:00 PM. Deciding to stop for lunch Kairi sit down on the ground and pulled out some food out of her bag and made herself some lunch.

Kairi hadn't noticed when she was rushing down to the lab but today seemed to be a nice day as well. It was the middle of summer after all. Just as Kairi begin eating she heard a noise. It came from a nearby bush. Something like,"Pi?" The bushes started shaking, and out came a Pikachu. He had this very hungry look in his eyes,"Chuu," Pikachu said running over to Kairi. Even though he's normally very shy, Pikachu would do anything for food.

'Lucky! What a great chance!' Kairi thought to herself, as she took out the Master Ball. And just as Pikachu was leaning down sniffing her feet she tapped it with the Master Ball,"Piiiii!" Pikachu screamed as he went inside the Master Ball. The Master Ball fell out of Kairi's hands onto the ground and started shaking. It shook three times before dinging. Kairi had caught Pikachu."Yey! I got my Starter Pokemon! I did it!" Kairi cheered doing a little dance of joy.

Kairi then let Pikachu out of his PokeBall,"Are you hungry little guy?" She asked him. It took Pikachu awhile to answer her. The little Pokemon seemed like it was very shy,"It's ok, Pikachu," Kairi said as she pulled out some Pokemon food handing it to Pikachu. Pikachu sniffed it, then looked up at Kairi,"Pi?" She grinned at the little mouse as she went back to eating her own food. Pikachu grinned and started eating.

Since her Pikachu is very shy, Kairi decided to let him stay outside his PokeBall so that he could get used to her, since he seemed to be so shy. After they were done eating Kairi packed her things back up and her and Pikachu hit the road. As she was walking down the road to Viridian City humming to herself she didn't notice a Pidgey knock her in the face.

The bird was sent flying backwards by the impact. "Ow! That hurt!" Kairi says rubbing her face,"Pika pika?" Pikachu asked, asking Kairi if she was ok,"I'm find Pikachu," Kairi says. But then she noticed that she wouldn't be for long. The Pidgey looked very pissed off at having run into Kairi. It looked like she was going to attack this human and show her she means business,"Oh no! Pikachu Thundershock!" Kairi ordered. "Pi!" Pikachu said hidding behind Kairi's leg looking scared.

"Come on Pikachu! You can do it," Kairi begged him,"Chuuu!" Pikachu said scared. Just then Kairi felt a terrible pain on her head. The Pidgey was pecking her on the head. And it felt very painful. Pikachu looked up to see his trainer crying from pain. That did it! Now Pikachu was mad. He jumped up on his two little feet and screamed sending Thundershock at the Pidgey, forgetting that she's still on Kairi's head. So, Kairi got shocked as well.

She fell over anime style,"Geee, thanks a lot Pikachu," Kairi said rolling her eyes as she blew a puff of smoke out of her month. Kairi then got up, as the Pidgey now turned her attacks onto Pikachu, using a Tackle attack on him. "Chaaa!" Pikachu said as he was threw backwards.

"Come on Pikachu! Hit it with another Thundershock!" Kairi called out. Pikachu nodded and sent Thundershock the Pidgey's way, as she was diving down for another Tackle attack. Pikachu missed, as he got hit by another Tackle attack. Pidgey then changed direction as she flew straight at Kairi preparing to peck her on the head again.

Kairi ducked out of the way just in time, as the Pidgey missed her. "Again Pikachu!" Kairi called as the Pidgey turned back around and was coming back. Pikachu shot Thundershock and missed again. But Kairi noticed that this time the Pidgey was flying low to the ground. That gave her an idea. Kairi waited until just the last second before screaming,"Now Pikachu! Jump up onto Pidgey's back and release Thundershock with all your might!"

Pikachu nodded and jumped up onto the Pidgey. He held on very tightly as he screamed out his attack releasing Thundershock straight into the Pidgey's body,"Piiiidgey!" The Pidgey screamed very painfully as she was hit with a direct hit. But she wouldn't give up. The Pidgey then shook trying very hard to shake Pikachu off of her. But it was no use. Pikachu held on tight and refused to let go.

Because Pidgeys were so weak to electric attacks, Pidgey was already looking very weak,"One more Thundershock Pikachu!" Kairi called out. Pikachu let loose the Thundershock, as the Pidgey screamed bloody murder. That hurt a lot,"Ok, Pikachu you can let go now," Kairi told him. Pikachu jumped off of the Shiny Pidgey's back as she fell to the ground.

Pikachu landed on his feet and ran over to Kairi, while the Pidgey landed on her side, breaking one of her wings. She looked very weak, with only 1 HP left. She looked like she would faint any minute now. Pidgey's vision looked very blurry as she tried with all her might to stay conscious. Kairi took that moment to throw a PokeBall at her. Pidgey disappeared in a flash of red light into the PokeBall. Kairi then held her breath as she watched the PokeBall shake back and fort.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Konekodemon: Okay... you failed to catch Pidgey. Shiny pokemon have a catch rate of Special. (Forgot to mention that) And while that post is good, it isn't good enough to get two pokemon in one.

Proddit: That was a good battle.

Rattata grew to Level 5
    Rattata learned Quick Attack

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Can I have a normal Pidgey then? I'll change it to the normal Pidgey. *Goes to edit.*

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back