• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Kanto Journey (PG-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
  • Just so you know, I completely changed my character, and finished her this time :D

Vespinus

as Shocking as Thunder!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    Woot! Sorry I wasn't able to reply earlier, I was occupied.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • @Luigi-a: Wow, this one is better then before, I must admit. Still accepted. Oh, and by the way... you don't have to put in a nickname for the SU, you can name the pokemon while in character, if you wish.

@Proddit and Dragon Song: Well, Proddit got Charmander. Dragon Song's SU was pretty good, but Proddit's is better, in my opinion. Sorry, Dragon Song. Oh, and you don't have to name your pokemon in the Sign Up, you can name one in the post, as you get it.

Note: Sign Ups are now closed. The RP will begin either later today, or tomorrow, depending on if my teachers assign me a mountain of homework.

Vespinus

as Shocking as Thunder!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    Great, I can't wait! I know exactly what my first post will be...

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • (ooc: Here we go. It's time to start the RP.)

Chapter 1: The Beginning of the Journey! (Pallet Town)
    (1 post)

Description: A small rural town with little paved roadways, or automobiles. There is some farmland here, but it is mostly just plains. The main attractions are the Beach, and Professor Oak's laboratory. But there is a strange building under construction near the ocean. What could it be?

Your task: Head to the laboratory and meet Professor Oak to get your stuff.

-----

Professor Oak was going through some old stuff, when he noticed an old newspaper laying around. "Hmm... I thought I got rid of that years ago." Said Oak as he saw the date. It was dated about thirty years back. The paper was lucky to still be tough enough to be touched without tearing. After a few minutes, Oak sighed. "I remember them. Fortunately they were stopped. But I wonder what happened to them... why doesn't anyone even know about this?"

Suddenly Oak's door opened, and in came a kid in a wheelchair, and his brother, who was taking him everywhere. His name was Rei, and his brother's name was Alex. "Hi Professor!" Said Rei, with a smile on his face. Oak looked over and smiled.

"Hello, Rei." Said Oak, not looking at Rei's amputated left arm and leg. "How are you today?"

"I'm doing pretty good. I hear you are getting some new trainers today. I thought I'd pop by, and see them." Said Rei as he adjusted the eyepatch over his right eye.

Rei was a small kid. He is about 4'9" tall, or would be if he could stand. His hair is a light brown that is trimmed fairly short. His eye is blue colored, and his nose is small, but pointed. His ears are a little large for a head of his size, which was about average. His skin is fairly tan, as he was from the Orange Islands. His body itself was a little thin, and his arm and leg were a little short. He is wearing a red T-Shirt with a pokeball on it, and blue pants.

His brother, Alex is a tall man about 6'2" tall. His hair is somewhat long, and is a light brown as well. His eyes are a deep blue color as well. His nose is small and rounded, and his body itself was somewhat muscular. He is wearing a black coat over a white T-Shirt, and his pants are black, and a little baggy. His skin was as tan as Rei's as well.

"Well, that's fine." Said Oak as he looked back at the two. "Are you sure you want to? I mean... the accident." Rei only smiled.

"I got over that, and if I can't go on my own journey, I can at least see people that can." Said Rei.

"That, and he got bored and wants to help with the pokemon in any way he can." Said Alex, a little bored.

"Well, they're almost here." Said Oak as he handed the papers over to Alex. "Can you put the paper in the box over there? I don't want the kids to see that." Alex nodded and performed the task.

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
  • "There's a beach, remember?" Gaff looked down at Paladin, who had popped out of his pokeball a couple of hours ago, deciding he'd rather walk. "I bet it's nice to live near water," he said. Certainly a Squirtle would think so, right? Paladin did get a bounce in his step, and Gaff grinned.

Paladin might be looking forward to the water, but Gaff just wanted to meet Oak. Finally! He still felt a pang for leaving Hanley, but Hanley had practically pushed him out the door. His little brother might be ten now, the same age Gaff had been when he'd started taking care of him, but it was hard to see him as grown up enough to take care of himself. At least Dad was home much more often now.

Pallet was definitely different from Pewter, Gaff thought, as he paused at an intersection to check the road names. So much flatter and greener. The sky was bigger, the sun was brighter--well, that last one was probably just because Gaff was so excited. Continuing straight on would get him right to Oak's front door now, Gaff realized, and almost stopped in his tracks.

Paladin bumped into his leg, and grunted in surprise. "Squir?" he said, prodding at Gaff to get him up to proper speed again.

"Nervous, you know?" Gaff grinned down, "I mean, you know who this guy is! It's Oak! That article he wrote?" Gaff told Paladin about the back issue of the journal he'd found at the Museum with one of Oak's older studies published in it, and Paladin listened and made noises in all the right places. Gaff knew perfectly well that Paladin didn't understand most of what he was talking about, but he always listened anyway, and that was enough for Gaff.

The lecture about Oak lasted all the way up to Oak's lab, which Gaff very nearly walked past before realizing. He cut himself off mid-word and looked down at Paladin, who raised both arms in a wordless cheer of encouragement... and then put himself safely behind Gaff as Gaff walked up to the door. Paladin was a little shy--good thing Gaff wasn't.

"Want in?" Gaff took Paladin's pokeball off his belt and held it out. Paladin shook his head, even though he stayed staunchly behind Gaff. "Okay," Gaff smiled at him, and found he was glad Paladin had decided to stay out.

Taking a breath, Gaff raised his hand and knocked.

A tall guy with brown hair opened it and Gaff smiled up at him. "Morning," Gaff greeted. "My name's Geoffrey Forrester, I got a letter from Professor Oak a couple of weeks ago."

"Hi," the guy greeted, serious but polite, "I'm Alex, my brother helps out around here sometimes, and I... help out my brother, mostly." Alex backed up and opened the door. Gaff came inside, Paladin right on his heels. "Oh," Alex said, "you already have one, huh?"

"This is Paladin," Gaff introduced. Paladin kept moving around Gaff when Alex leaned down a bit to look at him. "He's not used to traveling."

"Well, c'mon this way," Alex waved him to follow, and Gaff trailed behind him, wishing he could stop and stare and investigate just about everything he saw in the lab.

"Hi!" called a new voice, and Gaff did a double take at the kid in the wheelchair, and tried extra hard not to look at him weirdly. It was difficult, because Gaff always wanted to know why, when he saw people in wheelchairs, but curiosity was not supposed to beat manners, so he concentrated on returning the kid's grin.

"You're Professor Oak's helper?" Gaff asked, and sighed a little at the kid's nod. "Man, I got to work at the Museum in Pewter, but doing this would've been awesome too."

"Well, I like pokemon," the kid agreed, and tilted his head sideways to look at Paladin. "Hi there, little Squirtle!" He looked up at Gaff again. "I guess you just need your license and your pokedex then."

"That's exactly right, Rei. His pokedex is over there on the table, if you please." Professor Oak came out from behind a bookcase with a card in hand. "And here is your license. You are about to become official, my boy." He handed over the card, along with five pokeballs.

Gaff took the card and examined it, seeing his name and the other information he'd been asked to provide. The section for the badges was completely empty, of course and the sight made him fill up with anticipation. He'd lived his whole life right near Brock's gym and he could finally challenge him for real.

"Here!" came the kid's voice, and Gaff glanced up from his card to see him roll up, courtesy of Alex pushing him, because his hand was occupied holding out the pokedex. "Actually there's a few left," Rei added. The pokedex he was holding was red, but he pointed down at his lap, and Gaff saw a couple of different colors.

"I'll take... the blue one," Gaff decided, and waited for Rei to put down the red one and hold out the blue before taking it. "Thanks!" he said, and opened it, just for a second. He'd look at it properly later.

When he closed it, he looked down again to see Rei staring up at him. The kid was smiling and looked happy enough, but Gaff wondered if he wouldn't rather be out on his own adventure. Gaff had needed to stay in Pewter for five years after Mom died, but that was over now. Rei didn't exactly have that kind of end to staying in the chair. He knew there wasn't much point in feeling guilty about it, but he couldn't help it. "So Rei, what's your favourite pokemon, anyway?"

Rei blinked at him, turning a bit serious at the question. "I... can never really pick one," he answered after a few moments, grimacing a bit and laughing at the same time. "Sometimes I think I have one and then I change my mind!"

"What do you think of the fossils?" Gaff asked. Rei tilted his head from side to side, looking like he was thinking it over. "I like the Kabutops myself, you know there's one on display at the Museum in Pewter?" and with that, Gaff was on a roll for a little while, though fortunately Rei didn't seem too bothered. It wasn't until Alex coughed that Gaff realized he was running off at the mouth. Rei was leaning on one arm of his wheelchair, chin in his hand, still paying full attention. "...and yes, well, so Kabutops is pretty neat," he finished. "Guess I shouldn't take up too much of your time, I bet Professor Oak has lots of things for you to do."

Professor Oak was in front of one of his computers, but he was smiling when Gaff glanced over at him. He did look back and nod, though, so Gaff knew it was time to be on his way.

"And you should go start your journey," Rei told him, and Gaff thought maybe he did sound a little wistful, but encouraging at the same time.

"Yeah," Gaff said, "okay. Well, hey, here's my info, if you ever want to know about fossils," he dug a scrap of paper and a pen out and scribbled his information on it. "Thanks," he added, and then "Thank you, Professor Oak!"

"I know he wasn't mine, but take good care of that Squirtle!" Professor Oak called back, raising a slightly distracted hand in farewell.

Gaff gave Rei a little wave, and nodded at Alex, before looking down at Paladin and nudging him back towards the door. Paladin gave a little wave of his own to Rei, and then they were on their way.

It was early still, and even though they were supposed to head up and back towards Viridian city, Gaff thought maybe a little detour to the beach might be nice. Paladin had spent five years in Pewter, and though they were sure to cross plenty of water on their journey, seeing some now couldn't hurt.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Sitting on a rock, with her feet brushing the low waves, life was good for Lynne. She had Merlin cradled on her lap, carefully making sure that he could not fall into the waves, and was rapidly striking the keys, seeing text appear on the screen as she did.

I'm headed out to get my first Pokémon now. Let's just hope it's not a Magicarp or something, no offense to the fish, but it's so not my style. Hope I get a good one, and find a good name for the creature. Wish me luck, I'll tune in later!

Merlin.

With that sent, she closed the laptop and stuffed it in the beige bag meant especially for him. She would miss the sea, and definitely miss the comfort of her house. Also the many changes of clothes would also be regretted, but that was the life on the road. Even the mention of the coming journey had boosted her readers by almost half. Just a little bit and she'd be famous! Wishful thinking, there must be over a dozen more with the same idea as she had. But she did have over a hundred readers now. Good enough for this ginger.

It was still early in the day, early enough for Lynne to wish that she was still in her bed. The laboratory stretched out in front of her, with it was the promise of a great story for her own. She traveled up the great road toward the big building, you know, the usual thing. The lab looked just like you'd think a lab to look like. Big, square, with automatic glass doors that always freak Lynne out.

She entered the main hall to find Professor Oak smiling his nice-old-grandfather smile at her. A rather bored set of blue eyes were also staring at her, and the brighter eye of a kid in a wheelchair looked up. It was slightly creepy to see the one-eyed kid and his eyepatch, but Lynne tried not to stare. Tried, and failed.

"Hello, and you might be?"

"Lynnette de Graaf, sir."

The professor went down a list on his clipboard, before his eyes and eyebrows did the 'Aha!' movement. "Here you are! You're scheduled to receive a Bulbasaur!" He motioned to the boy in the wheelchair, who buried himself in a tray of Poké Ball.

Bulbasaur, hm? Lynne's mined immediately started to churn around the grass creature, thinking of all the advantages and disadvantages it may have. Grass and Poison combinations were rather plentiful in their weaknesses. Still, she liked grass-types, they were often very graceful and girly. Bulbasaur wasn't one of her favourites, she abhorred the giant brute of a Venusaur, but she had to do with what she was being given.

Oak cleared his throat. Lynne blinked once before exiting her thoughts, the boy was handing her a Poké Ball. She accepted it with a muttered thanks before Oak proceeded with giving her some more stuff to work with. There were the 5 Poké Ball that starting trainers were always given, and a pretty light pink PokéDex that was also part of the standard package.

"So, Lynette, are you sure you are ready for this?" It was an innocent enough question, one that she answered with a nod. "And you're sure that you want to do this, not just for some blog?" She blinked again before her brain went through the information, the fact that Oak knew about her blog.

"Ehm, yes sir, I am sure."

He nodded with a smile. "Okay then, I'll be following that blog of yours then, it sounds mighty interesting!" The boy next to him laughed, tough the man simply looked around, still looking like he'd rather be anywhere else. "All right then, I think we're done here. Have fun, and stay safe."

And with that she was out the door. Finally! First thing she did was release her Bulbasaur, and the first thing that the creature did was yawn. Great, she had herself a lively one.

"You need a name. Hm, you're definitely a female, and strike me as a P. P-Paaaaan… Pandora?" the creature looked up to her with those huge red eyes, not giving any recognition whatsoever, but Lynne just assumed that she was okay with the name.

"Okay, Pandora, let's travel north, to our first route!" Lynne attempted to be bubbly and happy, and Pandora responded with an excited cry before she ran off to prod some flowers by the road. This was going to be a long day…

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • @Broadway: Not bad, but you didn't have to stop there. I'll allow you another post to get your pokemon, or you can edit it to include the meeting. Either way, it's fine.

@Luigi-a: Your post was kind of funny. Great job.
    Lynne recieved a Lv. 5 Bulbasaur (Pandora)
    Lynne recieved 5 Pokeballs
    Lynne recieved a Pokedex

Vespinus

as Shocking as Thunder!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    '(OOC: YAAAAAY!)

Adam woke up with a smile on his face. He knew exactly what he was going to do; get dressed, bid his family farewell and go and get a Bulbasaur! He quickly got changed into his favourite clothes and rushed downstairs to the door. 'I'm going now, bye mum, bye dad, bye sis!' Adam shouted up the stairs. 'Ungh... wha? Oh, right, have a good one...' His dad mumbled from underneath the bedsheets. 'Get lost, it's seven o'clock and it's a weekend!' His ever-helpful sister yelled rather cattily down the stairs. 'Oh Adam, you're finally all grown up! Make sure that before you leave you come and show us that lovely new Bulbasaur, ok my dear?' His mother was, as usual, the only one properly awake. 'I will mum. Ok, bye guys!' Adam ran out of the door, almost squashing next-door's Glameow, who gave him an encouraging scratch on the leg. 'Ow! Go away, Mittens!' Adam cried.

Adam walked up the steps to the Professor's laboratory. He wondered what
    The inside looked like, as he had never been inside, only marveled at the beautiful windmill. 'Okay, Pandora, let's travel north, to our first route!' A trainer said as they came out of the laboratory, and standing at the door Professor Oak was waving them goodbye. 'Oh, excuse me, I'm sorry.' Adams aid, as the new trainer walked past him on the narrow stairway. 'I'm here, Professor Oak! I'm ready to meet my new partner!' Adam gibbered excitedly. 'Fantastic! Now, it was a Charmander you wanted, uh... Wasn't it?' The Professor said, putting his hand on a Poke ball on a strange machine. 'No sir, I wanted a Bulbasaur?' Adam said patiently.
    'Well, you see, that's the problem... Uh, that was the last one. with the new trainer?' Oak said, looking down at his feet. 'Oh.... I... I see.' Adam sat down and put his head in his hands. 'Pika.' Adam looked up to see a Pikachu on top of a large computer.

'No! Get away from there! No, Get out, you irritating thing!' Oak said, shaking his fist. 'Adam, I have an idea for your Pokemon. but you'll need to help me get that Pikachu! Here's a special Poke ball for capturing Electric Pokemon.' Oak handed Adam a Poke ball with an Electric Bolt on the top half of it. 'Um... And you want me to go and catch it?' Adam asked, looking worried. 'Yes, that's right. It will be a good starter for later Trainers. in return, I'll give you this Eevee here.' Oak said, smiling. 'I would have preferred a Bulbasaur, but ok...' Adam grumbled. Oak got a stepladder from the cupboard and placed it next to the computer. Adam climbed up and peeked over the top of the counter. Pikachu had fallen asleep. 'Ok then... Thunderball, go!' Adam threw the Poke ball which he had just christened, but at the last moment Pikachu woke up, and with a mischievous grin, batted the Thunderball away with it's tail. 'Pikaaa!' The Pikachu charged towards Adam and grabbed his head, and pulled him off the ladder, sending them both tumbling to the ground!

They hit the floor quite hard, but what Adam was more worried about was the fact Pikachu had gotten its tail stuck underneath a piece of equipment under the ladder, which was leaning very slowly towards Pikachu! 'Pikachu, look out!' Adam yelled, and ran towards Pikachu, covering it with his back just as the ladder hit. Adam cried out in pain and shunted the ladder off of his back. 'Are you ok Pikachu?' Adam moaned weakly. 'Pikaa....' Pikachu whined guiltily. 'It's ok, I'm just glad you aren't hurt.' Adam grinned. Professor Oak came round the corner holding a clipboard. 'What happened? Adam, are you unhurt?' He asked, sounding concerned. 'I'm fine Professor. and so is Pikachu.' Adam said.
    'Pika Pika!' Pikachu made a peace sign towards the Professor, who glowered angrily. 'Well... That's good, but I'm afraid all of the other Pokemon are booked to be taken by trainers... I'm... terribly sorry, Adam. Maybe next time.' He mumbled, very quietly, sounding ashamed. 'What!? No! Please Professor, there must be something you can do?' Adam asked, although he knew what the answer would be. Oak opened his mouth when Pikachu stepped forwards and tugged on Adam's trouser leg. 'Pika.' It said defiantly.

'Well... I think that Pikachu wants to go with you, Adam. But I think you should tell it no, Pikachu are a handful for new trainers.' Professor Oak said, after Pikachu had climbed onto Adam's shoulder. 'But... I'm sure Sparky will be fine... Right Sparky?' Adam said, looking down to the Pikachu on his shoulder. Pikachu looked up and grinned at him. 'Pika!' He smiled happily. 'Uhm... Sparky? You want to call him Sparky? I mean... No, out of the question, I...' Professor Oak was cut short as Sparky's cheeks crackled with electricity. 'Although you have bonded extraordinarily quickly... I'm sure... yes, I'm sure it will be fine.' He chattered nervously, and Sparky's cheeks stopped crackling and the little electric mouse grinned happily. 'Pika!'
    'Yes! Thank you Professor!' Adam laughed with Sparky and scratched the Pokemon behind the ear. 'Um... Right then, I'd best get some Poke balls and a Pokedex for you. Wait here.' The Professor shuffled into the cupboard and produced a Pokedex and five Poke balls. Adam opened the Pokedex, who spoke with a soft, feminine voice. 'Hello. I'm Edex, your new Pokedex. Please prepare for photograph fort ownership identification.'
    'Sparky, come here!' Sparky jumped onto Adam's shoulder and the Pokedex made a clicking noise. 'Species identified; Human and Pikachu. Ownership given to Human. Please input name and other details.' Adam typed in his name, date of birth and other important credentials. 'Hello Adam. Thank you for choosing Pokedex version 4.5 for your usage.' Adam snapped the Pokedex shut and smiled. 'Okay then, Adam. You should be on your way. And keep that Pikachu... Sparky... Whatever, out of trouble.' Oak said, eyeing the mouse Pokemon suspiciously. 'Pika!' Sparky leaped onto Oaks shoulder and gave him a small shock, and quickly jumped back to Adam. 'Argh, get out! OUT!' Oak shooed the laughing pair out of the door. 'Well Sparky, If there's one Pokemon who I could ever want have a journey with, it's you!' Adam beamed. 'Pika!' Sparky cried. With Sparky on his shoulder, and a fierce look of determination in their eyes, the pair set off for Adam's house.

'Oh, it's simply adorable!' Adam's mother fussed. She stroked and hugged Sparky until the poor thing squeaked with desperation. 'Oops, sorry dear.' She apologized and gave Sparky a Pokemon Treat. 'Pii...' Although he couldn't understand Sparky, Adam knew that it meant his mother was close to a shocking. 'It's ok Sparky, no-one will hurt you here. Come on.' Adam tapped his lap and Sparky leapt off of the table and into his new friend's lap. 'EEEH! IT'S SO TINY!' Adam and Sparky turned around, shocked, as Caitlin, Adam's sister, burst into the Kitchen. She picked up Sparky and held him in front of her face. 'I wouldn't do that if I were you...' Adam murmured. 'Shut up, he loves me. Don't you precious? Don't you?' She snuggled him up to her face, and Sparky turned to Adam, with a gleam of mischief in his eye. 'Certainly.' Adam nodded. Sparky gave off a strong Thundershock... Directed at the startled Caitlin. 'ARGH! The little rodent... It's too horrible to be a good Pokemon! It should be taken away!' She screamed, throwing Sparky at Adam. He landed on Adam's shoulder and sat up, grinning at Caitlin. 'He's definitely a feisty one. Are you sure you can cope with it, Adam?' His father asked, scratching Sparky's ear. 'Sure I will. Sparky wouldn't cause trouble for me. Would you, Sparky?'
    'Pi...' Sparky crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. 'Well, not too much, I hope. Right then, I'm off, for the last time. Oh, and Cait, you should fix your hair.' Adam snickered, bolting for the door. 'Caitlin looked in the mirror and shrieked. 'Mummy! I want a Pokemon! I want to teach Adam I'm better than him!' She yelled snobbishly. 'Maybe later.' Adam's mum said, looking as his son ran down the driveway towards route 1 and beyond. Before he got too far, he came skidding back. 'Mum, do you have a spare green Scarf for Sparky?' Adam asked.
    'Well, yes, I do. Let me go and get it.' She bustled off and fetched a Scarf with exactly the same colour as Adam's shirt. 'Let me just tie it on... Oh? Little Sparky, you look lovely! Ok, Bye now you two! Have a good trip! And look out for Team Enel, the big and scary evil ones!' She cried as they ran down the road. Adam waved back, laughing. She shook her head and shut the door.

(OOC: I've included a Picture of Adam and Sparky at the bottom of the page. It's not great, but... Well, You can't win them all.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • @Broadway: Well, thanks for editting the post. You got your stuff.

Gaff obtained Squirtle (Paladin)
    Gaff recieved Pokedex
    Gaff recieved Pokeballs (5)

@Vespinus: The post was pretty good, but unless Adam's mother uses Team Enel to scare him, or to tease him, then no one should know that they're coming back. I have something special for that.

Adam obtained Pikachu (Sparky)
    Adam recieved 5 pokeballs
    Adam recieved pokedex

@Proddit: Pretty good, actually. I liked this one.

Ryley obtained a Charmander (Luc)
    Ryley recieved 5 Pokeballs
    Ryley recieved a Pokedex

Chapter 2: The First Step to the Journey! (Route 1)
    (2 posts)

Description: A small plains-like area with various streams going through it. There is a central path that is cut off by cliffs, and trees abundant, perfect for wild pokemon to either live or hide. There are also tall grasses in the area, where a lot of the pokemon reside. There is also a major stream going through it, where fish reside.

Your Task: Get through to Viridian City, and train your pokemon, or catch more.

What you can do in a route:

You can catch pokemon, or train your own. One in a post only. You can also find items, as long as they're reasonable. No Rare Candies, or stat boosting items.

NOTE: Rarity means how hard it is to catch, the rarer it is, the better the post has to be. Here is a chart.

Common= Fairly easy
    Uncommon= Medium
    Rare= Tough
    Very Rare= Pretty Tough
    Special= Really Tough (As this is like event pokemon, sans legendaries, and Starters)
    Legendary= You can't catch

Only these six I will be using, just take note of that. Also, how you level is up to whether you battle in the post, and how well the battle is done. If it is a well done battle, your pokemon will level higher. (Max 3) If not, then... yeah. If you use more then one pokemon, the EXP is split between them.

Pokemon:

Pidgey
    Level: 2-4
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye, Tangled Feet
    Attacks: Tackle
    Nature: Random
    Rarity: Common

Rattata
    Level 3-4
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Run Away, Guts
    Attacks: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack (Level 4)
    Nature: Random
    Rarity: Common

That's about it for now. Happy posting.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Chad kicked the numerous beer bottles strewn about his room from the previous night underneath his bed. It was the one place his mom would never look. Besides, when he left it wasn't like she would look under there anyway. Chad had the grace to not look drunk or ODed already, so he figured that once he showered and got ready he'd look much better. Rubbing his head tenderly, for a teensy headache had sprung up, Chad sauntered off into the bathroom. Minutes later he was walking back into the room sheepishly; he'd forgotten his clothes. With a goofy grin to himself, Chad then snuck back into the bathroom. By the time it was six in the morning, his shower was running.

At exactly six thirty Chad came out of the shower, his towel dripping wet around his waist. Chad glanced down and scratched the side of his head. I could've sworn I took that off, he thought in slight annoyance. Then, with a shrug, he went about getting ready for his adventure. He whistled throughout the process of fixing his rumpled hair and attempted to while brushing his teeth. This only resulted in toothpaste stains on the mirror. Chad wiped them off with his sopping towel and then looked around. Throwing the towel over the rack (or at least attempting to, for he missed and it landed with a squish in the tub), Chad exited his bathroom at exactly seven in the morning.

When Chad arrived in his room once more, he noticed several things. His room smelled very, very bad. Grumbling profanities to himself, Chad stumbled off towards his window and lifted it up within a few heaves. The cool, fresh air streamed in, and Chad immediately shivered. I probably should have put a shirt on first, he thought lamely as he walked to his closet. Chad pulled out a dark tee with a slightly lighter funky peace sign on it. He slipped the shirt over his head and then bent over. Chad then proceeded to, for four more hours, pack for his journey. No, he had not packed last night. Why? He was incapable of doing so, considering he had prior commitments. By nearly eleven fifteen, Chad was ready to go.

At around eleven fifteen, Chad was grinning to himself and casually looking about his room. He had a rather decent sized bag packed. His black guitar case was also lying next to the bag, which was located at his feet. Chad picked the two things up and was about to exit when he noticed something; his guitar's case was awful light. It was then that Chad noticed his guitar located directly on top of his desk in plain sight. It was where he had put it last night so he "wouldn't forget his precious". Chad snickered and then went over and packed up his guitar. Within minutes, he was slipping quietly out the door of his house. His mother was asleep, and he didn't feel like waking her.

Chad walked quietly down the road, flipping up his cell phone occasionally and then swatting it back down. He proceeded to do this for the remainder of the route, until he found himself standing in front of a rather large laboratory. Chad looked up, his mouth dropped open in a bit of awe. He then moved his hand up and knocked on the door. Moments later it swung open to reveal a rather old fellow. Chad looked him up and down silently and then, before he could stop himself, said,

"Aren't you a bit old for this?"

Professor Oak's eyebrow raised. "Aren't you a bit young?" he questioned, eyeing Chad critically. Chad's eyes narrowed and he stuck his tongue out childishly. Professor Oak rolled his eyes and then motioned Chad inside, though he looked considerably more worried. "Are you one of the new trainers, then?" the Professor asked, moving to a large desk located in the room. Chad nodded once, happy and short. The Professor muttered to himself. "Of course...gets the...stupid young...I swear I never..."

Chad rolled his eyes and waited for the Professor to get all of the lovely data he would need. Chad hummed to himself and scanned the room, taking in the numerous books and reports and such scattered about. Really dude? You do all of this work? Yuck, Chad thought with distaste. He hardly liked having to do school work that was so easy a first grader could do it. Obviously, work (that excludes, in Chad's mind, music) was not Chad's forte. He hummed a bit more and rocked back and forth on his heels. Professor Oak had to clear his throat several times before Chad blinked and actually acknowledged him again.

"Congratulations, you've got an excellent Pokemon here. It's known as Eevee, a very rare breed of Pokemon that can evolve into multiple different types. They are-"

"Sweet!" Chad exclaimed, snatching up the Pokeball and half hugging it. Professor Oak blinked slowly. Chad looked at him sheepishly. "Er...go on," he said rather lamely.

"Anyway..." Professor Oak said. "I'm sure you'll find those out." He appeared a bit more clipped now. Chad mentally giggled; Professor Oak didn't like him already. "You also get these to start out with. This," the Professor said, holding up a red item that looked like a handheld thing, "is a Pokedex. It's your best friend." He looked Chad up and down, taking in his giddy appearance. "Don't lose it or damage it, because I'm not going to replace it for you." Chad pouted like a little kid as he took the device. Professor Oak was about to continue, when (surprise, surprise) Chad interrupted again.

"Who are they?" he questioned, motioning towards the people whom had been there the whole time but he had not noticed. One was very tall, and Chad was a bit annoyed to find he was taller than Chad. The other was short, in a wheelchair, and looked a bit...accident prone? Yes, that was the word Chad wanted. He nodded to himself.

"This," Professor Oak said, "is Alex." He pointed to the very tall one. Chad nodded a bit curtly to the man. He offered a strained smile. "And the boy there is Rei." Again, Chad nodded. The boy smiled back enthusiastically, but Chad could tell he seemed a bit put off by how Chad had first reacted. Fine with me, Chad thought darkly, I don't want any so called friends. "Anyway, as I was saying. These are five Pokeballs, the standard issue for each new trainer." Oak pushed them into Chad's arms. "Good luck, young man." He was short and clipped, so Chad took that as his tone to leave.

"See ya later, Professor," Chad called as he walked through the door. He stuck the extra Pokeballs along the side of his guitar case, seeing as he had it custom fitted a few days prior to this event. Chad glanced at Eevee's Pokeball, and then set it there as well. He would meet the Pokemon in more private company, away from the Professor.

(OOC: Shorter than I'd like, but I'm not too keen on long first posts anyway)

Vespinus

as Shocking as Thunder!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    (OOC: Edited it a tiny bit to make it look like she's patronizing them.)

Adam ran down the road, chasing after Sparky, who had been chasing a small butterfly. 'Sparky! You can't run off like that, what if you get lost?' Adam scowled. 'Pii....' Sparky looked away guiltily, but Adam laughed and picked up the little Electric mouse. 'Pika!' Sparky cried happily. Adam looked around. Sparky had taken him off course slightly, but It wasn't seriously bad. He grinned and started walking again, with Sparky perched on his shoulder. He followed a Stream back to a recognizable area and started walking north again. Sparky looked content just staring at all the amazing things around him.

Sparky had never been so far from the laboratory. He marveled at all of the other Pokemon flying and dashing about the place and at the fish in the river. Grinning mischievously, He leapt off of Adam's shoulder put one of his fingers in the water. carefully, he let off an electric bolt which flashed through the water, scaring the fish. 'Sparky! Ugh...' Adam sighed and Sparky, laughing ran back to his side. The two kept walking along until they came across a large, deep-looking stream. 'Sparky, This is too deep for you to cross alone, unless you can swim WITHOUT shocking me.' Adam said quickly as Sparky opened his mouth. 'Pii...' Sparky growled and crossed his arms as Adam took off most of his clothes other than a pair of boxers. 'Come on, climb onto my back.' He chuckled, and waited for sparky to grab onto his shoulder. He put his things in his bag and sighed. 'Ready Sparky?' Adam asked. 'Pika!' Sparky chirped back, happily. 'Alright then, let's get going.' Adam dove in with the grace of an Olympic diver.

As Adam swam across the stream, he wondered what lay ahead. He knew that the sooner they got to Viridian city, he would buy some more provisions, but after that, what then? He had decided to make a team full of Electric Pokemon only, as Sparky had taught him of their bright and cheerful attitudes. Of all the places he was looking forward to going, it would be the Safari Park he was looking forwards to most. He looked up to see the bank coming up quickly. 'Alright sparky, off you get.' Adam said cheerfully as Sparky jumped off of his back and onto the bank. 'Hey you! Weird naked dude!'

Adam spun around to see a young trainer coming towards him brandishing a Poke ball like a Grenade. 'I challenge you and your Pikachu to a battle!' He cried. 'Uh... Can I get dressed first? It's going to start raining soon.' Adam pointed out, but the kid just got more annoyed. 'Hurry up! I want to win my first battle!' He whined. Adam quickly got his clothes back on and looked at Sparky, who was fiercely staring at the impudent child. 'Ready Sparky?' Adam said. 'Pika!' Sparky nodded fiercely, and leapt in front of Adam. 'Alright then, go, Nidoran!'

As the Poke ball hit the ground, a red light emerged from it, and took the form of a rabbit-like Pokemon. It was Purple, but covered in spines which looked quite sharp. 'We can take you down easily! Franky, use Poison Sting!' The boy shouted. The Nidoran charged at Sparky, who awaited an order from Adam. 'Sparky, wait until it's close, then Thundershock on it's horn!' Adam yelled. Sparky crouched down and jumped up into the air as Nidoran came close, releasing a bolt of Electricity at the shocked Nidoran. 'Niiii!' the Nidoran screamed as volts of electricity coursed through it's body. It collapsed onto the floor but quickly got up again, looking only slightly dazed. 'Good work Franky, try double kick this time!' The Nidoran charged close to Sparky and at the last moment turned around, giving Sparky a nasty Donkey Kick. 'Pikaa!' As Sparky was hit, he released a wave of electricity around his body, which entered the Nidoran, who suddenly looked quite pained. 'Franky, no! Um... Try poisoning it!' the trainer cried, looking agitated. The Nidoran tried to release some sharp, poisonous barbs, but it was too difficult to do. It mewed pitifully and crouched down. 'Sparky, use Thundershock on it!' Sparky fired a bolt of electricity, but the Nidoran rolled out of the way, and charged towards Sparky, with a look of fierce determination. 'Alright, Franky!'
    The young trainer shouted. Franky's horn stabbed into Sparky, who cried out in pain. 'Quick, Sparky, Thundershock!' Pikachu moaned and let off a fierce bolt of thunder, shocking the Nidoran and sending him flying back. 'No! Franky, return. You did well...' The trainer said, looking at the Poke Ball, angrily. 'Fine, you won. Here's some... Here's some money. The Boy said counting out a hundred Poke Dollars. 'Thanks. Do you want to come with me to Viridian City to get Franky healed?' Adam asked, but the boy shook his head. 'Nah, I'll give him some berries and go on my own, thanks.' the boy said, walking away. 'Okay, see you!' Adam cried, but the boy ignored him. 'Oh well Sparky, we won the battle, eh? Are you ok?' Adam said, crouching down. 'Pi!' Sparky looked unhurt, although he was walking with a bad limp. 'Come on then. Let's get moving to Viridian City.' Adam said, picking Sparky up. He carried him to a small ridge, where he could see Viridian City ahead. 'Nearly there, Spark. You'll be fine soon.' Adam cooed, and jumped over the ridge. the pair walked through the gate in a small wall into Viridian city, and headed straight to the Pokemon Center. Suddenly, Sparky keeled over and began to cry out with pain! 'Hang on, Sparky, We're nearly there!'

Last edited:

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
  • Gaff packed up his bag and gathered up the rubbish from his lunch. The sun was high, and warm, at least for the moment, peeking through some cloud cover, but there were three trees casting some dappled shade near the edge of this sandy cliff. They'd probably work if it finally started to rain, too. It wasn't a mountaintop view from the cliff or anything, but it was very pleasant. It had been so quiet this morning, though, that Gaff wondered at his luck. No wild pokemon had accosted him, and he hadn't seen anyone else, though he had heard some faint voices in the distance at once point, telltale sounds of a battle between trainers.

He stood up and stretched, and yawned. "This is relaxing," he muttered. "I don't think relaxing is what I had in mind." He looked up at the clouds, out at the path that led back to Pallet Town, scanned the waving grasses that the breeze was stirring up. Maybe a Dragonite would appear out of nowhere! Or a Rhydon! He laughed at himself, and pulled his backpack on, and headed onward down the path.

It wasn't much farther onward that he came across someone else at last, right at the same moment that he felt the first drops of rain. He jogged up to join the girl under her tree as the scattered drops turned into a full-on rainfall. She was a young kid, with yellow pigtails and blue overalls. She had a large net in hand, and was looking around pensively.

"Mind sharing?" Gaff asked as he came near. When she saw him, though her eyes lit up, and she shoved her hand into her bag and yanked out three pokeballs.

"You're a trainer!" she crowed, pointing at the pokeball at his waist. "We gotta battle now!"

"But," Gaff protested, "It's... raining." That was a pretty weak reply, he realized instantly, and dumb to boot, since Paladin wouldn't care two hoothoots about the rain anyway.

"That's no excuse!" the girl said, giving him a look of reprimand. "Trainers fight when they meet, that's what we're supposed to do! You think you can challenge the Elite Four if you're scared of the rain?!"

"Ah... well, no," Gaff admitted, now feeling mostly sheepish, and a little stung at being shown up by a kid that Gaff would swear did not look older than Hanley. Maybe five years at the Museum had dulled his competitive spirit? Well, he had better fix that! It was time to battle.

"I'm Nellie," the girl introduced herself. "I like bugs, but there don't seem to be any around here."

"I'm Gaff," Gaff said. "I'm a fossil hunter! Or I will be, soon." She nodded to him, and they stepped apart from each other. And, Gaff noticed, she didn't get all the way out from under the tree's cover either. They laughed at each other, and then started.

"Go, Paladin!" he said, feeling a little silly, but unable not to use the traditional battle-opening command. In five years of waiting to start his journey, he'd never called Paladin out for a trainer battle before, and he felt the excitement and nervousness all at once. That girl had three pokeballs! And who knew how strong they were? Gaff didn't want to lose his first ever battle, but you had to fight whatever came your way.

Paladin materialized with his head and limbs withdrawn fully into his shell, but emerged abruptly, looking around in surprise. He soon realized it was raining, and stared upward, opening his mouth for a few seconds in a wide rain-catching grin.

"Go, Shorty!" Nellie threw her pokeball with great enthusiasm, and a Caterpie appeared. Gaff nodded to himself--he'd seen those now and then, not to mention the one he'd caught for Hanley. They weren't so tough.

"Tail whip!" Gaff said, and Paladin rushed forward.

"Watch it shorty, he's pretty fast!" Nellie called out, "String shot him, slow him down!"

Paladin was indeed pretty fast, and the Caterpie didn't seem to like the rain much, but even though Paladin connected firmly, his tail macking a wet thump against the Caterpie's side, he couldn't dodge at the same time. The Caterpie's thread got him straight on, clinging to his arms and legs in a sticky, stringy mess. Paladin didn't like it at all, and swatted at himself, trying to be rid of the interfering stuff.

"String shot again!" Nellie called, and Gaff felt himself frown.

"Ignore it! It'll wash off. Tackle that bug!"

"Squirrrrrrr," Paladin complained, glowering at the Caterpie. He wasn't letting his frustration distract him, that was good. He charged headlong this time, and let the next string shot hit him, even though it slowed him a little, to tackled the Caterpie strongly, sending them both rolling over and over. He pried himself off and backed away, eyes still on the Caterpie as he brushed a couple of times at the thread that was hampering his movements.

"Tackle!"

"Tackle!" They both gave the same command, but not for the same results. With the mud slick on the path where the two pokemon where fighting, the Caterpie's feet had to work harder to move, and Paladin dodged, barely, sliding to one side. He skidded to a stop, and charged again, at the last second pulling himself into his shell again to skid over the slippery mud and smack into the Caterpie straight on.

The Caterpie wobbled and teetered for a second. "Return, Shorty, good job!" Nellie recalled him, and gave Gaff a considering look as she tossed her next ball. "Get 'em, Spike!" A yellow cocoon stood still on the path, black eyes gleaming with what looked to Gaff like irritation. "Oops, oh yeah," Nellie said. "Well do your best! Poison Sting?" she ordered, though it came out more like a question.

Spike did do its best, though this was by far the least exciting battle that Gaff could ever have imagined. The Kakuna was able to move, after a fashion, and not as slowly as Gaff would have guessed, but it hardly had the leverage for a real attack, and the stings didn't seemed to bother Paladin too badly as he circled the armoured opponent and battered it from every direction possible, doing barely any damage at all.

The repeated calls of "Harden!" from Nellie were not at all amusing, even though she only responded to his annoyed look with a shrug and a little 'what can you do?' smile.

Paladin had made such a mess of the path, was nearly brown all over now with the mud, that Gaff almost missed the flinch after yet another poison sting. Poisoned, Gaff realized in dismay.

The follow-up tackle from Paladin KO'd the hardy bug, and then Nellie tossed her last pokeball.

"Go, Felix!"

"Raaaa!!" The bright purple fur of the Rattata was bright, even in the rain, though it darkened quickly as it got wet, and the Rattata shook itself, and then looked down at the mud in disgust. But only for a moment. It fixed its gaze on Paladin, ears pricked for a command.

Did Gaff have time to use one of his antidotes? He'd bought a couple for the way down, and hadn't needed them in Viridian Forest... but Paladin might lose too much time if he used one now... And he still looked alright...

"Tail whip him!" he called to Paladin, "then tackle him hard!"

"Quick attack! Quick attack!" Nellie ordered, jumping a little as she cheered on her last pokemon.

Paladin took a hard blow, but swung around, landing the tail whip solidly. He shook his head in discomfort at the poison, and was bowled over by the Rattata again. Paladin was pretty fast for a Squirtle, but that was nothing compared to a Rattata.

Paladin made a tight turn, seemed to pause just the briefest moment to judge the Rattata's twitchy movements, and threw himself at it. He caught it sideways, hard, and the Rattata stumbled back from the impact, but held firm. Paladin did too, for a few seconds, and then he shuddered, and slumped forward.

"Paladin!" Gaff shouted in dismay. The poison had done it. Not any of the three pokemon, but just the poison. Gaff recalled Paladin, and stared down at the pokeball in his hand. Now what? Was he closer to Pallet or Viridian City? He wasn't sure.

"Oh Felix, you did great! Come back!" Nellie recalled the Rattata. "A nice bath for you, later," she spoke to the pokeball, before returning it to her bag. Gaff shook himself, and then pulled out his wallet, counting out the forfeit money for Nellie. "Don't be sad, okay?" Nellie said to him, reaching up to touch his arm, "You fight good. It was three against one. And you beat two of mine first, remember?"

He looked at her, and sighed. "I was still beaten by a ten-year-old on my first battle," he said.

"I'm eleven," she corrected him, drawing herself up to her full not-very-high height. "And you hafta get used to it, there are lots of younger trainers who are really good, mister old guy."

"Young people today," he sighed in a huge, exaggerated way, deciding to push the disappointment aside in favour of humour instead, "no respect."

Nellie laughed, and started to gather up her things. The rain hadn't let up, but she seemed ready to forge ahead anyway, putting on a wide-brimmed rain hat, and checking the laces on her boots. "I wouldn't be respecting anyone if I didn't fight hard every time," she said. "Bye, old person!" She headed off into the rain, back towards Pallet, and waved once.

"Bye, little kid!" he called after her. Could've been worse--no matter what, Paladin had fought really well, Gaff thought. "You were great, buddy," he apologized to Paladin's pokeball. "And I'll do better next time."

He fished his poncho out of his backpack and put it on, and got back on the path to Viridian City. Even if he was a little closer to Pallet Town, still, moving forward felt better than going back.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • @Vespinus: Heh, I liked the battle. A little short, but pretty good.

Sparky grew to Level 7

@Broadway: This was a really good battle. I liked the fact that you didn't lose to Nellie because of skill, but luck. But since you lost, you don't get as much exp. But you got plenty enough.

Paladin grew to Level 7.
    Paladin learned Bubble

Years
  • Chad hummed to himself as he strolled out of Pallet Town and onto Route 1. From just standing on the border, Chad could tell that it appeared to be a very lively route, just because of the multiple plants and streams flowing about. There were also trees. Trees were good. Chad hummed a rather interesting tune he had recently been humming. It was just a random thing, not a specific song or something of that nature. Had someone been observing him, Chad would have looked an odd sight. He was simply staring at his shoes, reading the lyrics he had written and rewritten all over them. With a frustrated cry, Chad sighed and stopped in the middle of his stride. He noticed several Pokemon pause in their daily activities to stare at him.

"...Hi," Chad said lamely. The Pokemon scattered. "Well, I guess I know how to clear a crowd," Chad stated to himself. Then he continued on his way, much more silent than previously. He had completely forgotten about introducing himself to Eevee by that time.

The route was rather boring, and soon Chad began to grow hungry. I guess my tummy is angry at me too now. Chad sighed mentally. First my liver, and now my tummy. Chad glanced about. Soon it grew obvious to him that there was really no good spot for him to stop and rest. Scratching his head, Chad swung his backpack around and pulled out a complete (and full) bag of chips he had stolen from...borrowed, yes he borrowed. Anyway, a bag of chips he had "borrowed" from the grocery store. Chad ripped open the bag of crunchy BBQ chips and popped a large one into his mouth whole. Savoring the delicious flavor, Chad zipped his bag back up and then continued on. He noticed the branch lying in the middle of the road too late.

Yes, Chad did a face-plant in the middle of the road. Luckily, he managed to hold the chips out of the way of being crushed. The annoying thing was, however, that a little girl had come strolling along and noticed. She giggled to herself, plucked up his chips, and then walked away. Chad stared at her from the ground with his jaw hanging open. Chad had just gotten the chips he had self-nicked from the grocery store stolen by a little girl. It was crazy! Chad scrambled up from the ground and chased after the skipping girl. Barely making it in time, Chad was just able to grab her bag before she went speeding up ahead. She screamed. Chad twitched at the loud, high pitched sound. It sounded like he was trying to...well, do not-so-nice things to her.

"Will you just shut up and give me my chips back?" Chad snapped, letting go of her bag. It swished a bit and then finally fell still at her side. She eyed him with narrowed eyes.

"No. They're mine. Finder's keepers, looser's weepers."

"That's something you use in first grade, not real life," Chad said dryly. She stuck her tongue out at him, and then popped another chip in her mouth for emphasis. Chad growled. She giggled.

"Ok, if Mr. I'm So Tough wants his chips back so badly, I'll battle you for them," she declared. Chad's eyes narrowed further at her. His headache was soon slamming repeatedly against his head without stop. "If I win," she began once more, "I get to keep the bag. If you win, I'll give them back." Chad reluctantly agreed. Truthfully it wasn't like he had paid for the chips or anything, so it really shouldn't matter. But dammit, he was hungry! "Here we go, Mareep!" she squealed, tossing a pink decorated Pokeball. Chad watched as a fluffy cotton-ball like Pokemon came out. Or maybe it was like a sheep. Is that what those poofy things were called? Chad shrugged; he couldn't exactly remember what they were called.

He said nothing as he summoned Eevee. The little Pokemon appeared in a brilliant flash of white light. It said "Bree!" happily, and then looked about. A quick glance at the trainer behind her and the other Pokemon let her know what kind of situation this was. She noticed Chad's fierce gaze, which was still locked on the chips. Eevee found it rather amusing her trainer wanted chips that badly, for she began to do some sort of Eevee-like chuckle. Chad pouted.

"Mareep, let's get these guys down and out fast. Start off with a growl! Then let's get that little baby with a tackle attack!" The girl seemed very confident in her abilities. Chad wasn't so sure about his, especially with the fact that his thinking sense was a little bit impaired at the moment. He blinked, and basically missed half of the first combo attack. Mareep was charging by the time he had realized something was happening. Eevee, thankfully enough, was thinking and leaped out of the way in a dodge roll type move. Chad let out a breath he hadn't realized that he had been holding.

"I can match that," he declared confidently. "Eevee, show that cotton ball who's boss. Start off with a tail whip and then go into a tackle!" Chad called strongly. Eevee nodded and neared Mareep. It suddenly snapped its tail back and forth, causing Mareep to be almost entranced by this. Within seconds, Mareep was being knocked backwards by the tackle. Chad smirked in triumph. Eevee then hopped away from Mareep, getting prepared for another attack. Chad was unsure of what to do next, so he decided to let the little girl make her move first. Chad hummed softly under his breath whilst he waited. Eevee's ears twitched and she peered at him over her shoulder, and then focused in on the battle. The humming continued.

"Oh no!" she squealed. "Are you alright, Baa?" Chad rolled his eyes at the nickname. Wow, do you not know how to be original? he wondered. "Ugh! You need a haircut, by the way," she declared. Chad blinked, wondering why she suddenly told him he needed a haircut in the middle of a battle. "Baa-"

"Hang on a minute," Chad interrupted. He normally never interrupted, but that seemed to be an odd habit of his currently. "Why did you call it Mareep first and then Baa?"

"Because I felt like it, that's why," she snapped back. "Anyway. Baa, use tackle until that Eevee goes down and doesn't get up!" she cried, pointing at Chad's little Eevee.

"Ha, like an overstuffed powder puff like that can keep up with my girl." Chad glanced at his Pokedex, which he had somehow opened during the start of the battle, and checked Eevee's gender once more. Good, he was right. "She's got the speed of a Garchomp." The girl rolled her eyes and snorted. Eevee glared at her. Mareep glanced back at its trainer, and then charged once more. "We've got this, Eevee," Chad stated. "Now dodge that attack. Let it get worn down and we'll take our chance!" Chad exclaimed. He glanced opposite of him, but the girl didn't seem to be too concerned about her Pokemon getting tired. Maybe it had amazing stamina? Chad shrugged, and watched as the battle continued to play out right before his eyes.

Mareep would quickly dart in (well, as quickly as it could manage) and then dart away so Eevee couldn't counter attack. Not that Eevee really seemed to want to counter attack, of course. Mareep's hits landed at least three times before it began to pant and falter. Eevee was moving much slower now, and Chad frowned. He looked at his Pokedex and pointed it towards Eevee. Suddenly the "paralyzed" status appeared next to her name. Chad groaned softly to himself, all humming erased from his head. If he was going to win this battle and that championship, he would obviously have to step up his game. Eevee winced as she tried to dodge another attack, but failed and hit the ground. The little girl giggled happily, sensing that she was going to win this battle. Chad eyed his chips possessively for a moment.

"I knew I'd beat you!" she giggled. "You're such a sucker. Baa, let's wrap this up." Chad glared hard at the girl. "Use one more tackle attack. Maybe use another one if you have to, but take that Eevee down!" she chirped. Chad let out an order in a rush, but Eevee was somehow able to comprehend it.

Just as Mareep was about to hit Eevee, she leaped out of the way. Mareep scrambled to stop itself, but fell a bit short and smacked its head on a tree located (happily for Chad, not so happily for the girl) behind Eevee. Mareep let out a bit of a grunt and plopped down on its cotton stomach, looking rather dazed. Chad grinned at the girl, who's jaw had completely dropped. He winked at her, and would've flirted but she was too young.

"Seems like I've got this in the bag. Eevee, let's finish 'er off with a tackle attack," Chad stated. Eevee charged at Mareep, and was about to hit the Pokemon when suddenly it was recalled. Eevee did the same thing as Mareep. She scrambled to a harsh stop, but didn't clunk her head as hard as the sheep had. Chad let out a breath and glared at the girl. "What was that for?" he snapped, clearly annoyed. She suddenly burst into big, fat tears. Chad sighed and hung his head, oh great. Here we go.

"Y-you can have your chips b-b-back!" she wailed. "Just d-d-don't hurt B-B-Baa! She's my b-b-bi-big brother's! He'll k-kill me!" She continued to wail and cry. Chad kicked at the dirt road a bit and approached the girl. Eevee perked up suddenly and pranced over to where the girl had plopped down and begun to cry. Suddenly she hopped in the girls lap and went,

"Bree!"

The girl stopped her crying, though she did sniffle and hiccup. Chad watched as his Pokemon gave the little girl a grin. Then he plucked his chips from her hand and allowed the girl to hug Eevee. Wow, Chad thought dryly as he popped a chip in his mouth, I hope my life is less soap-opera like in the future.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Sorry I took so long, but I watched something, and I have a feeling it would have effected your scores.

@Fenris: This is a good fight, I liked the fact that the Mareep wasn't hers.

Eevee grew to Level 8
    Eevee learned Sand Attack.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back