• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Lance's Tale

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2009
    ^NOT OFFICIAL NAME, JUST NEED A TITLE^

Hey, what's up? My name is PillsburyDoughboy25, or just Dough for short :)

I recently had an Idea for a Fire Red hack about Lance's side of the G/S/C games.
    But I would like it to look new, so that's why I'm using Fire Red :)

Just, read on. And remember, I'm new to all of this, so anything n00bie, just let me know! :)

ROM BASE: FireRed USA

First, just to put this out there, you can choose between Lance or Claire, with the opposite being your rival. I've yet to see how the Rival ties into the story,
    but probably have it's final battle the same way Silver did...

For the sake of not typing so much, the hero is referred to as Lance in the story idea. But it could be Claire ;)

STORY:

It's not long after Red has become Pokemon League Champion, and Lance has gone back home to Drago Villa. But there's a disturbance afoot...

Lance is woke up by screams he hears from outside, and rushes to see what all the commotion is. Apparently, Team Rocket had been sneaking into peoples houses while they slept, and stealing their Pokemon! Lance goes to grab his trusted Dragonite, but the Poke-ball isn't there! It's gone! Team Rocket stole it! Suddenly, Lance's mentor, -insert catchy dragon mentor name here- tells Lance that he still has the Pokemon Lance let him borrow to conduct research on! Lance can choose between Dratini, Bagon, and Charmander. After he chooses, he fights off the Team Rocket member, but it's too late. The others already got away! Darn! So Lance sets out to find whoever it was that stole his Dragonite, and recover it.

After Lance goes through a series of Rocket encounters, he finds himself in Mahogany Town. People talk of a disturbance at Lake of Rage, and Lance goes to see what all the commotion is. While there, he is met by another young Pokemon trainer, named Gold. Lance requests is assistance with Team Rocket, and Gold agrees. While trying to find his way into the Basement, the battle is interrupted by Gold, who watches Lance win the battle. Lance then ventures further into the basement, and with the help of Gold, he defeats the Rocket members, and faints the Electrodes powering the generator. He then goes to Goldenrod City to stop the radio waves, but Gold beat him to it. That's when Boss Rocket comes storming out of Radio Tower, and is so mad that he challenges Lance. But wait! Who's Boss Rocket's final Pokemon? It's Lance's Dragonite! After winning, the Boss mumbles about how he has no use for such worthless weak Pokemon, and gives Lance his Dragonite back. Yay! So Lance thinks it's best to go back to the Pokemon League now, he's kind of sick of being on holiday. When he gets there, however, it seems that he was away too long, and has been replaced with Karen, who trains Dark types. He's FURIOUS! So, to throw it back in their face, he challenges the Elite 4 he was once in. However, upon the defeat of Karen, he wonders..."Who could the Champion be?". He walks those final steps, and remembers that it's Red, the Trainer that beat his own Dragon types not long ago. Well, Lance will have none of this. Lance challenges Red, and defeats him in a final battle. After winning, Red storms off, and Oak comes in, saying "I told Red to go train in Mt. Silver for a while, and re-challenge you. He doesn't seem to be strong enough to hold the Champion title. But...wait. After just winning the Champion title, someone else comes in.

GOLD!!!

Gold is ready to challenge Lance, the Dragon Champion. But Lance is all fired up, and Oak says in order for this to be a fair challenge, he will heal Lance's Pokemon. Now that his Pokemon are fully healed and ready, the battle begins! Gold had been doing serious training, and has Pokemon at VERY high levels. WOW. But Lance, being the Dragon Master he is, prevails, and wins the Pokemon League Championship! Finally! Lance is champion, after all those years of being after Agatha, he get's to be Champion!

And I haven't thought of the rest, as in what to do with the Kanto part :x

I'm up for any story changes if I've accidentally created plot holes. I just kind of typed my main idea for this hack.
    Please, post a reply telling me if I screwed up the story in any way. I want this hack to be perfect. :)

Now, first things first, I need help:

OW sprites, and backsprites for Lance/Clair
    People good with text/script editors
    Basically anyone that can make this a reality,
    aside from OW mappers. I'm good at that ;)
    And I was hoping for someone who can make new tiles,
    I DO NOT WANT THIS TO BE A TILE COPY OF SHINYGOLD.
    Zel worked hard on that hack, and it's his glory to have :)

And no, I wont have everyone doing this for me. I want to have a big part in it too, I just don't get hexidecimals...
    I just don't o_O

Now, I know this is kind of a lot to ask, but this is my first hack, and I think it's a very good concept,
    and being a good concept, I can't let it go to waste. I've yet to see someone do a Lance version of G/S/C.

That being said, Post away! This is a new idea, and I'm sort of new to hacking, so don't be shy about posting your honest opinions! :)

And I'll update whenever something new happens!

Thanks for reading,
    PillsburyDoughboy25<3

AHH POOP!
    can someone please move this to the appropriate section? :(

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    You certainly got some ideas, and I personally like the general outline of your plot, but this is the wrong forum. Ask a mod to move this over to the Emulation section. (Aegis will probably move this when he sees it). But great thoughts - don't give up. :)

Welcome to the Pokecommunity by the way, Pills! I hope you do enjoy your stay.

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
    Mmm
    I see your project interesting. Lance is a great character ^^ in the games and also in the manga, and is a great idea to make him being the main character of a game.
    BTW: I would help you with everything related to plot/writing/ideas :)

But this thread should go in other forum... I think Roms/Hacks or something like that.. You should ask the moderator to move it ;)

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2009
    Thanks so much for the positive feedback! :)

And look at the bottom of the post, I realized it was in the wrong section AFTER I posted it >_>

But yeah, I would love some help!

Could you PM me? :)

You certainly got some ideas, and I personally like the general outline of your plot, but this is the wrong forum. Ask a mod to move this over to the Emulation section. (Aegis will probably move this when he sees it). But great thoughts - don't give up. :)

Welcome to the Pokecommunity by the way, Pills! I hope you do enjoy your stay.

Thanks! I really like this site! :)
    Yeah I accidentally put it in the wrong section :(

Mmm
    I see your project interesting. Lance is a great character ^^ in the games and also in the manga, and is a great idea to make him being the main character of a game.
    BTW: I would help you with everything related to plot/writing/ideas :)

But this thread should go in other forum... I think Roms/Hacks or something like that.. You should ask the moderator to move it ;)

Wow someone is already replying to this? :D

Last edited:

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
    You look pretty excited about your project, I hope you can find a good team to create it. I like Rom Hacks, but I don't understand a thing abut makin-games xD
    VM if you need something anyway

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2009
    You look pretty excited about your project, I hope you can find a good team to create it. I like Rom Hacks, but I don't understand a thing abut makin-games xD
    VM if you need something anyway

I am very excited! :)
    I've never made a hack before, and I'm also semi-new to ROM-hacking in general,
    so making my own idea come to life is a good feeling! :D

Back