• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    Game is amazing haven't made it to far yet but my only issue is why do I encounter lvl 30+ Pokemon at the beginning of the game like in viridian forest or near pkm league in the grass is it a bug or meant to be?

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2024
    i now lost my kadabra in the gts i dont understand any clue of this i never played the new gen games can anybody help me out to gwt my kadabra back and evolve in a alakzam.

the gts girl saying there is a new update out and i think i have the newest update

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2016
    Same. I keep seeing earlier responses in the thread about how to fix this by performing the update, but i cant find a download with the updater.exe program. I dont see it on the site.

Well the updater is included in the site but its not updater.exe its updater.jar you need to install java. error in bug catcher as well as other bugs are fixed in 1.09. you can play this game up to pokemon league with no major problems. hope this helps.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2016
    Well the updater is included in the site but its not updater.exe its updater.jar you need to install java. error in bug catcher as well as other bugs are fixed in 1.09. you can play this game up to pokemon league with no major problems. hope this helps.
    omg yep i needed java. i'm an idiot. thanks a bunch!

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2016
    Hi

I have the updater up. But its not downloading anything

Strange... Did you download the separate updater at site? What is the content of your updates (text file)? should be like this.

0=1.0
    1=1.02
    2=1.03
    3=1.04
    4=1.05
    5=1.06
    6=1.07
    7=1.08
    8=1.09

if its like that its updated to the recent version.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    I get this on every 2v2 fight, help please?

---------------------------
    Pokemon Lightning Yellow E16.1
    Exception: ArgumentError

PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2686:in `pbChooseTarget'

PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2686:in `pbCommandPhase_old'

PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2660:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2756:in `pbCommandPhase_old'

PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2649:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2649:in `pbCommandPhase_old'

EliteBattle_Battle:303:in `pbCommandPhase'

EliteBattle_Battle:237:in `pbStartBattleCore'

EliteBattle_Battle:236:in `logonerr'

EliteBattle_Battle:236:in `pbStartBattleCore'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\qwerty\Saved Games/Pokemon Lightning Yellow E16_1/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2022
    Hi, I fixed my issues. You're supposed to download all of the files. I only downloaded the updater.zip because I was confused on what to get. You should probably specify to us to download 'PLY Release Complete' too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    Hey,

Just downloaded and updated using the updater.jar, however the game still tells me there's an update available, also the GTS tells me I need to update still, as does an NPC next to a computer in the pokemon centre, any advice? As I feel I may be being locked out of features due to this. Many thanks

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Strange... Did you download the separate updater at site? What is the content of your updates (text file)? should be like this.

0=1.0
    1=1.02
    2=1.03
    3=1.04
    4=1.05
    5=1.06
    6=1.07
    7=1.08
    8=1.09

if its like that its updated to the recent version.

Sorry where do I find that text file?

bdowns

Drifter
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    First off, I'd like to say: great game! I've really enjoyed it thus far. I have found a few bugs, though.

First, double battling is broken. Every time I've tried to battle Jessie & James, I've gotten a script error message. The exact same issue has already been posted earlier by Pentsuu, so I'll save you the time of having to see that thing twice. EDIT: Completely forgot to explain what exactly is happening. When I choose my first attack, I get the error message. It then skips everything else that turn & only my first pokemon gets to attack. It isn't game-breaking or anything, but it sure does make smashing Jessie & James face in a lot less satisfying.

Second, Fairy type doesn't show up when you're looking at the Pokemon. For example, when you look at Mr. Mime, it says he's solely psychic-type, but the psychic bar is far enough to the left to where you can tell that another type is supposed to be there. As far as in battle, it functions properly.

Third, when Team Rocket controls Saffron City, some of their sprites are replaced with whatever Pokemon that I've put in the daycare. There was a Squirtle guarding the door to the house on the upper left side of the city that told me to get lost or something like that. I removed Squirtle & replaced it with Eevee & one of the TR sprites (a different one this time) became Eevee.

EDIT 2: Couple more things:

1) When battling your rival in the Pokemon Tower, his Pokemon seem rather overleveled. I haven't skipped any trainers, I've beaten Team Rocket in Celadon & my highest pokemon is still 10 levels under his Jolteon. Needless to say, I wiped to him. When it sends me to the Pokecenter following the black out, the script stops running & the game crashes. It happens every time, too.

2) Snorlax's follow sprite is bugged.

3) I don't know if you intended to do this, but Shellder is unobtainable in all of the areas that he's traditionally available in in Pokemon Yellow. In fact, he and Cloyster show up as "Area Unknown" in the dex.

4) Some of the trades seem to be backwards as well. Again, not sure if it is intended to be this way, but you have to give a Lickitung for a Parasect instead of the other way around. As far as I know, Licktitung was never available anywhere else other than in-game trade.

That's all I've got that I haven't found has been previously mentioned.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Hi I have an update issue/GTS issue but my game is fully updated and runs great, the image below shows that PLY is up to date.
    Pokemon Lightning Yellow
    But When I load PLY the menu says there is an update however I can not select it.
    Pokemon Lightning Yellow
    Also there is a man by the PC in the Pokémon Center telling me to update.
    Pokemon Lightning Yellow
    The GTS Lady also tells me to update but then lets me attempt to seek Pokémon which ends with her telling me to update.
    Pokemon Lightning Yellow
    I then go to Friend Trade which has a friend named "update" in which i traded a Pidgey for a Bulbasaur of any level and any gender, it took my Pidgey and said Pokémon deposited and for me to please return soon to check on it, the game then saves and says trade sent, Pidgey is gone however I exit the game reload it and Pidgey is back in my lineup.
    Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Pokemon Lightning Yellow
    And then I found a bug by selecting the slot under "update" and attempted to trade with it, I then received an error and my game crashed.
    Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Pokemon Lightning Yellow
    Is this Problem with the update and GTS just me and my install, has any other people had the same issue, or is it just a problem with the latest update and it is currently being worked on?

Years
  • Hi everyone, I am brand new here after just discovering this amazing game last week. After playing up to Celedon City I decided to stop by the game corner and get an Eevee. The goal for me was an Espeon, however I forgot that having a fairy move would make it a Sylveon instead... So after it evolved into my surprise Sylveon the game immediately crashed and luck would have it I had saved right after getting it so I was in a loop of crashing as soon as the game started. I didn't understand the error message initially, but after some sleuthing I figured out that it was simply missing sprites for the overworld and for the menus of the game (such as Bill's PC, or the pokemon with you).

So I decided to be proactive about the problem, and the fact that I didn't want to wait for an update to keep my pokemon addiction flowing. I went in and figured out how the sprites worked and created my own versions of the missing sprites:

Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Pokemon Lightning Yellow

So feel free to use these for any future updates if you want, or for any of you that are stuck with an unusable Sylveon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    So I have a theory on my first post about the update in the games menu and GTS, I've looked into Pokemon Essentials v16.1 and there is an update to the essentials, I think the update at the games menu and GTS is referring to the Pokemon Essentials v16.2 update not an update to Pokemon lightning yellow, I think Pokemon Essentials connects to Pokemon lightning Yellow through the internet and gives an update available message but I could be wrong I've never made a game with Pokemon Essentials.

Years
  • So I have a theory on my first post about the update in the games menu and GTS, I've looked into Pokemon Essentials v16.1 and there is an update to the essentials, I think the update at the games menu and GTS is referring to the Pokemon Essentials v16.2 update not an update to Pokemon lightning yellow, I think Pokemon Essentials connects to Pokemon lightning Yellow through the internet and gives an update available message but I could be wrong I've never made a game with Pokemon Essentials.

Nope, whats causing it is the game version is out of sync with the game version in the gts script thats online, i forgot to update the game version in game, the same issue with affect the gts and the update available showing on the start screen.

Back