• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Liquid

How d oyou think I'm progressing on this game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Improfane

hiatus
Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    One question, do you use 2003? Or even RPGMAKER? It doesn't sound like it. You couldn't make a game half as good. It has some problems but it is an amazing thing to do with 2003, remember that.

What's with the RPG Maker pride? RPG Maker is like a wizard to making games. It's easy to call everybody else newbies but then again you're making games in RPG Maker which is supposed to be easy.

Write your own engine before attacking people who have no desire to make games. Take their criticism in good stead. It's like building a house in children playing blocks and ignoring everything but compliments.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    This is possibly the longest lasting game on here. And for some reason, I can't believe this isn't done.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • What's with the RPG Maker pride? RPG Maker is like a wizard to making games. It's easy to call everybody else newbies but then again you're making games in RPG Maker which is supposed to be easy.

Write your own engine before attacking people who have no desire to make games. Take their criticism in good stead. It's like building a house in children playing blocks and ignoring everything but compliments.

Pfffft, you sound like your trying to lecture me. Let me tell you something, I use GAMEMAKER. I know how to use RPG Maker also and that dude I was talking to knew nothing and it shone out on his post. You are probably a newbie to if you didn't see that, and YOU try and make a full pokemon game with 2003. I dont think that anyone has done it yet so how easy is that? His critism was worthless because he doesn't know what he was talking about and neither do you.

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Pfffft, you sound like your trying to lecture me.
    I am. You should listen.

You are probably a newbie to if you didn't see that, and YOU try and make a full pokemon game with 2003.
    When you use Game Maker, what does it hide from you? Everything. You add some graphics, some sounds and some scripts with predefined events. Then again, that isn't even accurate, most of the games here use code from poccil and Flameguru.

My project is written from the ground up, not inside another application. Everything you didn't think about, I did and it was written by me.

While syntax highlighting was used, my project could have been written entirely in notepad. You had to use drag and drop.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    most of the games here use code from poccil and Flameguru.

Now, Shouldn't I be allowed to use it in my game? lol

You really should just keep your thoughts and ideas to yourself, because I'm sure nobody cares what a game is being made with, but the overall quality of the game itself. I'd rather see a bunch of games where I can actually battle then ones using Blizzy's Kit where nothing works.

I must say though, Pokemon Liquid has some pretty insane systems in it.

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    You really should just keep your thoughts and ideas to yourself,
    This is such a dangerous thought. I'm here because Pokemon is great and the games are good. Looking for good ones is a chore. One managed by someone who knows what he's doing. 'Game developers' like jonsploder only scares people like me away.
    because I'm sure nobody cares what a game is being made with, but the overall quality of the game itself. I'd rather see a bunch of games where I can actually battle then ones using Blizzy's Kit where nothing works.

If there are two projects: one in Game Maker and another in RPG Maker, I will think that the one in Gamer Maker is more advanced or more finished. Different communities have different levels of skills and talents. Unfortunately, RPG Maker attracts lots of people who do a whole lot of talking and not much else. Its society is mainly people with attitude and ego.

Haven't you ever wondered why so many projects die? When jonsploder calls other people newbies for criticizing games it does not need 'I bet you couldn't do better'. It should result in: I should try harder or not announce until I've done.

uh me?
    i cant make games.
    im just here for constructive criticism, kay?
    which helps make the game be as good as pokecreator can make it.
    by pointing out little problems that make it a little less user friendly.

I wrote a page about this sort of thing Anybody making a game should read it if you ask me.

Now, Shouldn't I be allowed to use it in my game? lol
    You should be flattered that people are using your code. However, it only results in hundreds of dead projects...

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • This is such a dangerous thought. I'm here because Pokemon is great and the games are good. Looking for good ones is a chore. One managed by someone who knows what he's doing. 'Game developers' like jonsploder only scares people like me away.

If there are two projects: one in Game Maker and another in RPG Maker, I will think that the one in Gamer Maker is more advanced or more finished. Different communities have different levels of skills and talents. Unfortunately, RPG Maker attracts lots of people who do a whole lot of talking and not much else. Its society is mainly people with attitude and ego.

Haven't you ever wondered why so many projects die? When jonsploder calls other people newbies for criticizing games it does not need 'I bet you couldn't do better'. It should result in: I should try harder or not announce until I've done.

I wrote a page about this sort of thing Anybody making a game should read it if you ask me.

You should be flattered that people are using your code. However, it only results in hundreds of dead projects...

OK, you think that you leave me behind because you are so special and build stuff from scratch? I challenge you to make any number of your best games in under a month and we'll get someone to judge them, they dont have to be pokemon. Just because you make your games from scratch in code, I could critise you for using C++ or something because you didn't make the code. You see, you have to be stupid to make things harder for yourself when someone better than you has made a program that does some of the work for you and speeds up progress.

So you make your scratch game and I'll make my GM game and lets see who's is best eh?

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    you make valid points, however...

OK, you think that you leave me behind because you are so special and build stuff from scratch?
    No it isn't that. I don't like how you're mean to people who are constructively criticizing a game. You have challenged people in this thread multiple times, like:
    jonsploder said:
    Why don't you like it? Its great.

These games may be great for a Game Maker or RPG Maker game. Or maybe they're from someone with a development perspective from these games. I commend people for accomplishing things in something underpowered. I am useless in Game Maker and RPG Maker. They do not work for me. I feel encumbered.

However, other Pokemon players may find these games are sub-optimal when compared to the real games or to another RPG. When these people criticize something, do not say that are unable to accomplish something and make them out to be irrelevant or insignificant.

Someone should give Virage a pat on the back for enduring unfounded meanness.
    I could critise you for using C++
    No. I cannot use C++ since I do not know it. My project is in the simple scripting language of Javascript. My project is at about the same level as all the other games here (in terms of map and battles). Based on my own advice from my article, there are a few features I choose not to disclose here ;)

So you make your scratch game and I'll make my GM game and lets see who's is best eh?
    Funny you say that. You'd think that since people are using tools that facilitate rapid game development they would be ahead, wouldn't you? While I may not have much mapping done, I'm busy working with the internals. Mapping is easy to do in RPG Maker/Game Maker and that probably explains why we see so many projects. After people get after the initial ease of mapping they become stuck. Graphics comes last for my project. I started my project in 2004 or so. Nobody really heard of it until now. Even then everything will remain under wraps until I feel it is ready.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • I apologise if it seems mean but thats just the way I am. I have now understood what you are getting at and withdraw all my coments. I think that maps are easy to, I don't care about the look as much as I care about the game itself. I respect that we need people for constuctive critism and when I bring out my new game (Hopefully in a week or two, I am like you and do not anounce and promise things before a game, my full version is over 50% done in under half a week) I will give it to you or some-one like you to pick me up on the bits that need picking up on.

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Thanks everybody else for their patience.

When things turn out like this I always know why I am at Pokecommunity and not Serebii and Pkmn.co.uk regularly. Because the people here are better!

The appology goes PokeCreator_09 for this spam in his topic. Sorry.

I'm competing with the Ptreasures fangame wiki, here's the wiki page of Pokemon Liquid. I've filled some in for you. Hope it makes up for it:
    https://fangaming.wikia.com/wiki/Pokemon_Liquid

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • Hey guys, I've been having trouble in school and stuff, so I haven't been on. I hope everybody accepts my apology, I've been having some medical problem that makes me so tired I goto sleep as soon as I get home. I got out of some hard classes at school and started trying to manage my time, but I put this place off for so long, I forgot about it. I was just cleaning my room and thought about RM2K3 and thought "oh crap, pkmncommunity.com.LOL

Well, I'm gonna start working on this thing again and get on the right track. For everybody supporting liquid, thank you.

I think the reason this game has lasted so long is because it has potential, especially since it was started by RM2K3KID, but it's not finished because I keep getting distracted and stuff keeps happening to me.

New screens posted soon, hopefully!

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    This game is looking great.I got most of my inspiration of using RPGmaker2003 from you.But now I have RPGmakerXP.Anways keep it up I really want to see the screenshots.

Years
  • I like this game (but quality sux^^) but I wonder - How can you script in it, Rm2k3 has only common events, It doesn't own ScriptEditor...

Years
  • The quality does not suck your games quality sucks.
    My games quality can't sux because I don't have a game. I've just sayed that it looks awfull on fullscreen, but its good on 320x240.
    @pokemonhacker12345 - better look on your D/P tiles wich is the worst I've ever seen. And also I sayed sux - I'ts just a joke, and you sayed
    - you are breaking the rules...

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • Umm, PokemonHacker, I think what you meant to say was the game doesn't suck, but the quality does. I know this, think of how long ago this was put out, a long time ago. I've fixed most of the bugs from the beginning two towns, unless there's something I don't know about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back