• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon music

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]From any generation of pokemon, what is your favorite song? this can be in a city, certain building, route or on your bike :) think I've covered them all..

Personally, I used to play leaf green BIG time! I leveled up everything in my team to 100! And it took so long that the clock that says how long you've been playing was on 999:99

So when I got into kanto on pokemon heart gold I heard the soundtrack of vermillion city and I actually cried with nostalgia (something manly was in my eye ;))[/SIZE]

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • something manly? what the hell...

I'd say my favorite piece of music is the battle theme from RBY, especially the Elite 4 one, it's so good and nostalgia-riddled. I also enjoy the Viridian City theme.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have way too many battle themes that I like, so my favorite music from Pokemon in general is Slateport City's music; it's catchy.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    I always liked Slateport City's music It was one of my favourites when I was playing through it. :)

Last edited:

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
  • The gym battle music from RBY and then the Kanto gym battle music from G/S/C are my favorites.

Years
  • Favourite spin-off music: Primal Dialga battle theme. Nuff said.

Favourite Main-Game Theme: HGSS Lance's/Red's theme

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Spin off theme: Who doesn't love Miror B's theme from XD? It's really catchy and he is just an entertaining character in general.

Main game theme: I would have to say Sootopolis. It is both happy(because the town gets better after Kyogre and Groudon calm down),sad(due to you know your journey being almost over), and just soothing so you can get a bunch of mixed typed feelings from it.

As for battle music in a main game...I'd have to say Cyrus' battle theme from Gen IV.N's music comes in close though.

Last edited:

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
  • Violet City theme is the best (the 8-bit one from GSC; the new one is good too, but not as good). <3

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • National Park from HGSS is my favourite piece of Pokemon music of all time. It's so nice and it has an almost lyrical quality to it, with the gentle piano keys turning into a more up-tempo guitar riff, only to relax back down into the piano again. Other favourites include the Bicycle Music from Gen II, as well as the Goldenrod City theme (also from Gen II), part of which I stole adapted and used as part of my GCSE Music Composition work... so, there's that!

Years
  • I love the Team Rocket music, mostly the updated versions in HGSS. Especially when you face an executive~

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    RSE's ending credits song. It's soothing and made me feel I accomplished something.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I don't really know my favourite, but I know that 3 of my favourite themes are in R/S - The Sandy Desert, Mount Chimney and Mount Pyre!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    [SIZE="a"]I'd have to say the theme for rustboro city in ruby/sapphire/emerald, or the music in faraway island :)[/SIZE]

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I like the Legendary Beast battle music in Crystal. The Slateport City music is really catchy, too! My absolute favorite would have to be the RBY Champion Theme.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    The entire GSC OST but if I had to name a particular song I really liked it would have to be the Tin Tower theme for sure. For remixes I'd have to go with the Distortion World theme by PokeRemixStudio.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Miror B.'s battle music from both Colo and XD. They're both awesome for their own reasons :P

Runners up include Cynthia's battle them in D/P/Pt. Also the remixed Rocket hideout theme in FR/LG and the battle themes for Team Galactic Commanders as well as Cyrus' battle theme.

Shadowed Team

Kanto/Johto Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I like all the soundtracks from Pokemon SoulSilver, especially the Opening, Route 30 all the trainer, wild Pokemon, gym, elite four and champion battle themes.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I like a lot of songs but I will pick my two favorite songs which are the surfing music from Pokemon RBYG and the surfing theme from Pokemon Black and White; those two pieces of music can calm me down any day.

:t354:TG

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Wow, actually I love a lot of songs in Pokémon games.
    I would say the Elite 4 theme in R/S/E, it's really epic.
    But I'm also really sensitive to RBY or GSC music, for the nostalgia they bring.

Back