• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the sky

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
Years
  • The 10% rule was fine. I hardly spent any money in MD2, and most of the time the items I needed I found in a dungeon.

Looking forward to this game though!

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Oooh, this game is gonna be fun!! I hope they put some things that they changed in PMD2 back the way they were in PMD1, like Friend Areas and keeping all/most of your money. :) But if they don't, I'm still gonna enjoy this game.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky is a continuation of the previous games; Explorers of Time and Darkness.. Featuring the same Dungeon crawling gameplay, Explorers of the Sky expands upon the story showing what happened to Grovyle the Thief after the storyline and also shows how the Wigglytuff Guild comes together and even has you as playing as some of the founding members of it outside of your Pokémon and your Partner.
    The full extent of the story is not yet known nor is it known how many areas or characters from the previous games will return. This game removes 2 of the starter Pokémon from previous games and adds 5 more; Vulpix, Eevee, Phanpy, Shinx & Riolu. It is also expected to feature Shaymin and its forms as well as the new forms of Giratina & Rotom that were introduced since the last game.
    This game is expected to be released in Spring of 2009 in Japan and we'll have more info added from now to then.

Here is a list of Starter Pokemon
    Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Pikachu
    Vulpix
    Eevee
    Chikorita
    Cyndaquil
    Totodile
    Phanpy
    Treeko
    Torchic
    Mudkip
    Skitty
    Turtwig
    Chimchar
    Piplup
    Shinx
    Riolu

This is all I know, the game is scheduled for release in Spring in Japan of 2009

online, they have some pictures of Riolu being chosen as the main pokemon.
    Also, there are others of "Guild Adventures" and it shows bidoof with 2 other bidoof and a bibarel, and an igglybuff with an armaldo.

Igglybuff being the baby evolution of Wigglytuff, wouldn't you think it would kinda be like the previous of the guildmaster? Like, it showing how he became leader of the guild?

Anyways, one shows grovyle and dusknoir with 4 sabeleye. And grovyle talking to sabeleye and sabeleye has a kinda shocked look. Treasure Town hasn't really changed but, i wouldn't know cause i don't have the whole picture of treasure town yet. T.T All i have is the 4way south of the guild.

Glad to see people copy/paste off Serebii.

Shinx and Eevee= My team

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • Glad to see people copy/paste off Serebii.

And what's wrong with doing that? You'll say "Just look at it there" but most people here like to talk about it too, so it makes good sense to post it here.

I REALLY hope they let you keep the money you earn.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh, yah, i saw this on Serebii. REally intresting. Im not buying it, though.
    BTW, Doesnt it matter what the starter PKMN is cause in the old game, you might have diffferent charecters!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    I didn't even know about this game till someone told me. I remember seeing it on Serebii news but I didn't really read it so I thought it was the old Mystery Dungeon.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    What if you could transfer your old team to the newer game? That'd be awesome, to tranfer your old team and make Grovyle have a partner.

~ Yukishii

ℓaketrio mistress♥
    Years
  • Thank god they put Eevee back. Hopefully they threw Munchlax out as well..
    I mean, replacing Eevee with Munchlax is asking for annoyance from us Eevee lovers.
    I don't even know of anyone who actually used Munchlax. That would include the majority of the Pokemon fanbase..
    So.. what was the point I wonder.

Enough with my ranting. I am definitely getting this game.. the Explorers of Darkness game really got to me.
    It's storyline was deep and I was immediately hooked to the excessive fluff the game had.
    Oh yeah, and sky can only mean one thing.
    Skymin.. Heck yes. Oh yeah, and I saw a screenshot of origin form Giratina in the game as well.
    Very nice.

Red Lily

Squadallah! We're off!
    Years
  • im kinda sad that meowth is being removed....thats who i was in explorers of darkness.
    riolu being a starter is exciting....! but im not too fond of the sprite they have for him...

im probably going to go for shinx as my starter....i like using pokemon that arent actual starters....ie: cubone, psyduck, meowth...

Back