• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Green Rescue Team

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2022
    Hello, I was playing this hack for a while now, and whenever I reach the end of Meteor Cave, the games tries to load the cutscene for Mewtwo in Western Cave instead of the Deoxys cutscene, which makes the game softlock. If you know of what causes this to happen, or if there's a way to prevent it, that would be much appreciated.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Hello, I was playing this hack for a while now, and whenever I reach the end of Meteor Cave, the games tries to load the cutscene for Mewtwo in Western Cave instead of the Deoxys cutscene, which makes the game softlock. If you know of what causes this to happen, or if there's a way to prevent it, that would be much appreciated.

Oh. Have not seen this until now. There probably is a way to fix it, but the project is currently on hiatus. I do plan to return to it, but currently i got other things on my mind. So it'll probably not be fixed any time soon. My deepest apologies.

Lord Arkadios

PKMN Trainer Zalkari
    Years
  • When using VBA I run into the issue of saving failing. I changed the card type to 128k flash. Any suggestions or a fix for this? Would it work on MyBoy or a different gba emulator? Thanks.

Edit; Fixed it. Had to start a new game after I switched the options.

Flash 128k. Automatic for anybody else that runs into this issue.

Attachments

• 0357DFE7-CF7D-43D3-9E72-3F804F041221.jpeg
      0357DFE7-CF7D-43D3-9E72-3F804F041221.jpeg
      59.5 KB · Views: 2
    • C08FC23E-3E9A-451A-8512-600B5EA0EBE5.jpeg
      C08FC23E-3E9A-451A-8512-600B5EA0EBE5.jpeg
      76 KB · Views: 1
    • 26FC49FB-E521-4CE2-B195-1C06A39CAC84.jpeg
      26FC49FB-E521-4CE2-B195-1C06A39CAC84.jpeg
      30.5 KB · Views: 1
    Last edited:
    Years
  • When using VBA I run into the issue of saving failing. I changed the card type to 128k flash. Any suggestions or a fix for this? Would it work on MyBoy or a different gba emulator? Thanks.

Edit; Fixed it. Had to start a new game after I switched the options.

Flash 128k. Automatic for anybody else that runs into this issue.

The mGBA emulator is recommended.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Didn't expect to see me here? Neither did i.

So here's an update for everyone. What's the game's status? Hiatus. Pretty much that.

Since last year i finished college and essentially got a better laptop to work on. However, i have moved onto other hacking scenes to revive my spark. Namely, took a bit of a cranny of interest in Explorers of Sky's hacking scene, as well as trying stuff out on the Platinum Rom Hacking scene.

Does this mean i'll never return to Red Rescue Team? Of course not! There's still intentions to return here. But i don't know if i'll be able to do so anytime soon. RRT's not gotten many "upgrades" when it comes to hacking scenes. Best hacks we got is PMD-Infdev and Advanced Rescue Team, which are all done with hex editing. I would be lying to you if i didn't tell you i'd go crazy if i had to do extensive hex editing.

Not that i haven't learned how to do such. In the past months i learned stuff like Little endian, how to write numbers in Hex, and how to go to specific offsets.

I know. Crazy right? Sarcasm aside, i learned a lot by lingering in other hacking scenes. Did you know that the highest number an 8bit game can process is FF, which corresponds to 255, while in 16bit, it's FF FF, which corresponds to 65535? I now know.

Hopefully, i can eventually use this knowledge to improve PMD Green. Because god knows how broken Release 5 was.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Hey, loving the hack so far, RRT was one of my first games and it's great to see it still getting love. Just wanted to point out for when you come back that the Manetrics in Thunder Roost that Arlaxeon mentioned are still in the newest release
    ca10e0c792a51555795a5655971798ba.png

Days
    • Seen Sep 28, 2023
    In the description it says you are allowed to bring 4 Pokemon into all the main story dungeons.

Galactidot

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I am late to the answer here, but as for that implementation, currently we don't know. You might be able to do it but you'll likely have to edit so much values that not even more skilled hackers know how right now.

As for movesets, you are correct. The EU rom may be different. Additionally, doing it via Hex Editing is much more difficult.

I guess currently i am biding for time for when PMDe actually gets picked back up by someone else. That would have been the best boon i have for me.

But thanks for the feedback. You're probably further in, but i can tell you it gets really hard later on.

Edit: The New PMD Green Rescue Team Patch is now live, marking it as Release 4!

The changes include:
    Fixing the palette for the TMs Cut and Shock Wave.
    Rebalancing in Mt. Blaze.
    Renamed Great Canyon to Spirit Canyon.
    Meteor Cave has been redesigned and renamed to The Meteor. It still functions identically.
    Weather was added in the following Boss Rooms: Lugia, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Raikou, Entei and Suicune.
    The recruit rates of Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Ho-Oh, Mewtwo and Lugia have been boosted to 100%.
    The recruit rate of Deoxys was boosted to a base -4%, which if you apply all boosts, will give you a flat 30%.
    Kecleon's recruit rate went from -33.9% to a base -29%
    The Recruit Rate of the Regis has been raised.
    Lugia's level went from 60 to 65.
    Regirock and Registeel's levels went from 30 to 35, to match Regice's.
    A couple other dungeons got renamed, some even got their names revised.
    Far-Off Sea (Also known as Pacific Sea) recieved a boost in levels.
    Latias, Latios and Celebi's recruit rates have been diminished to -99.9%. This means, outside of the story/special events, you will NOT be able to recruit them. This means that they will spawn sometimes in some dungeons out there, but very rarely.
    Murky Cave's money factor has risen. This is for Money grinding purposes.
    Wyvern Hill's got a redesign from the latter floors up.
    Southern Cave's latter floors may feature Haunter now.
    The Friend Bow is now obtainable in Floor 5 of Astral Cave/Solar Cave. It is still also within Mt. Faraway as well.
    Wow for me none of them are recruiting now
    and yes I bet the game

Back