• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Neon

Switch to Ruby Hack? Note; 2 Rideable PKmn,Day/Night,Plantable Berries)

• Yeah

Votes: 46 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 39.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
    HEy guys, just that everyone is saying that it's Gary's side of the story. Just want to clear things up and say that it happends after the hoenn saga from the anime. It follows my story of what will happen, but has so many references to the anime, you will feel like you are playing Gary.

NOTE: When Playing the alpha do NOT chose to be a girl. The intro is really f'd up at the moment and I have no clue how to fix it. So just pick a boy, Gary's pic is a bit screwy too. I'm saying this because the alpha is almost ready.

OMG, such a great hack! It has a great storyline,... major events in the game, great tiles and mapping. So many ideas.
    Man, I would loveto play this hack, I always wanted to go to 3 regions, you're of the few ones that has done more than 2 regions (usually people do 2 regions, sometimes 1, sometimes 2 or one region and some minor islands...).

As I see it looks difficult to make, so I expect it'll take a few years, 2-3 years... but it doesn't matter ^^

All I have to say, congrats, you have a good creativity for making such a long story and... I wish you luck in this hack xP

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
    I hate reading that before I type this but....The maps were all deleted in AdvanceMap, I have no clue why and the .bak file was too early to help. Ergot the hack is on hold. How long? I have no clue. I do know that I will be switching to a ruby hack instead because of the possibilities. I am very angry right now because I was basically about 5 scripts away from releasing the Alpha. God damnit...anyways. I am putting a hold on the Alpha's release to June. Note though, the fact that I'm switching to Ruby means many new things:

2 Rideable Pokemon.
    Day/Night System.
    2v2 Trainer Battles.

So yeah...****.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I say go with what ever you want.
    If you like Rub, goto Ruby.
    If you lik Fire red, stick with Fire Red

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    I like the hack's story and how it sounds...

But, the game rom choice... If you go with Ruby, Ruby has better features, and tools
    only the rom can use. FireRed has better graphics and tools only that rom can use.
    It's a hard choice to choose. Good luck on choosing though!

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    yeah,i think u should switch to ruby.that will be a good idea

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
    I really don't know...everything is so different when hacking Ruby. But..I think I will! Alright guys.

BIG CHANGE:

Kanto and Orre..?

Yep. The idea came to me perfectly
    Gary starts off in Kanto which now has a crap load of new towns from the anime, and revamped towns to look more like the anime, aswell as routes. And I had this though. Gary gets an invitation to participate at a ton of Coleseums. He decideds to go and then goes to Orre. What do you guys think?

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    Just to point it out, I think you should do that after the fourth gym, or something.
    It's just a idea to help you out.

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
    Yeah Im going to make it so you can go at anytime, it's just what Coleseums you'll be able to enter.

New Poll (Vote by Reply):

Should Gary have his new adventure with all 3 of his on-hand Pokemon?(If not he will just get Umbreon)All 3 being Electivire,Blastoise and Umbreon, Note that if the answer is yes, then Electivire will be the only DPPT Pokemon

Options:

Option 1:Yep
    Option 2:No

Votes:
    Option 1: 0
    Option 2: 1

Last edited:

BrokenRoses

Rom Hacker & PSP Hacker GOD!!!
    Years
    Yeah Im going to make it so you can go at anytime, it's just what Coleseums you'll be able to enter.

Should Gary have his new adventure with all 3 of his on-hand Pokemon?(If not he will just get Umbreon)

Options:

Votes:

I think Gary should start out with Umbreon and Electivire

BrokenRoses

Rom Hacker & PSP Hacker GOD!!!
    Years

Should Gary have his new adventure with all 3 of his on-hand Pokemon?(If not he will just get Umbreon)All 3 being Electivire,Blastoise and Umbreon, Note that if the answer is yes, then Electivire will be the only DPPT Pokemon

Options:

Votes:
    No. You should add story pokemon.
    BTW. If you need help, pm me

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back