• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon NeoRocket Thieves

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Nice man! It looks pretty good! lol be glad you can insert them at all lol!
    It kinda looks weirdwith the color and all, but I'm not complaining!
    BOL!

driger369

Fortitude Creed
    Years
    WOOO! I'm finally able to help with something! lol.
    The hack's looking great. Good luck with the rest of it.

And the color is a little off because I used the Ruby treeko as a base, his pallete is different in Fire Red.

Years
    Itman, It looks good ;)
    but i can see the color of the turtwig is kinda odd :/
    but i have an indexed turtwig u could use, no need for credit if ur gonna use it ;)
    Spoiler:

I tested it, and it works great if ur replacing Treeko ;)

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
    Everyone: Good news! I'm not done yet, but i just inserted Turtwig into my game :)
    Thanks to driger369 who game me the sprite (and some more which i will put in)!
    I'm going to put in his Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, and Starapter sprites. Then, i will put in cally dude's Starly and Staravia sprites, plus his complete starly package (includes OW, icon, etc...)
    All i inserted so far was turtwig, and i made the colors as best as i could, its not perfect, since treeko's green is different, but, its in :)
    Please don't complain...

Pokemon NeoRocket Thieves

The Front Sprite + Back Sprite (I haven't changed its name yet!)

Anyother D/P pokemon you want in, just tell me! I will consider it!

Coolbeans, good to hear of some more progress. Also, I'll see if I'm able to edit the Palette (set of colors) for Turtwig so they look like the real thing. I should be able to do import and replace palettes with APE. I shall see what I can do after I finish tasks (real life responsibilities suck!)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Well itman i like the tiles because i'm sick of the old fr/lg trees.
    As for the turtwig... did you replace treecko because there are empty spots for new pokemon.They are the about 10-30 ???'s between celebi and treecko.
    The turtwig skin is too bright for me unfortunately.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Nice man! It looks pretty good! lol be glad you can insert them at all lol!
    It kinda looks weirdwith the color and all, but I'm not complaining!
    BOL!
    Thanks, i wish that it didn't turn out so light...
    WOOO! I'm finally able to help with something! lol.
    The hack's looking great. Good luck with the rest of it.

And the color is a little off because I used the Ruby treeko as a base, his pallete is different in Fire Red.
    oh, i see. I'm going to use Kristian's sprite underneath, but i will still use your Grotle, Torterra, and Starapter, aslong as the color is good.
    Itman, It looks good ;)
    but i can see the color of the turtwig is kinda odd :/
    but i have an indexed turtwig u could use, no need for credit if ur gonna use it ;)
    Spoiler:

I tested it, and it works great if ur replacing Treeko ;)
    Thanks, i will use it! Are you sure you don't want any credit? If you do, just tell me and i will add you right away.
    That Turtwig looks great. I think you should use that one.
    Ok, i'm doing that!
    Coolbeans, good to hear of some more progress. Also, I'll see if I'm able to edit the Palette (set of colors) for Turtwig so they look like the real thing. I should be able to do import and replace palettes with APE. I shall see what I can do after I finish tasks (real life responsibilities suck!)
    Well, that would help a lot! I hope you can do it!
    Well itman i like the tiles because i'm sick of the old fr/lg trees.
    As for the turtwig... did you replace treecko because there are empty spots for new pokemon.They are the about 10-30 ???'s between celebi and treecko.
    The turtwig skin is too bright for me unfortunately.
    There are 25 spaces, but i would have to do some hex to get it to work (if i'm correct) and i don't know anything about hex so...yeah...

Back to inserting some more, and Kristians ;)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Well anyways good luck with the hack itman1234!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    do you plan on changing the cries to match the pokemon?

no, i don't know how, and its not that important.

I tried, but Kristians came out the same color green.

Now, the sprites i was givin aren't for FR, they are for R/S, so the color is getting messed up. Grotle is fine, but i can't get the back sprite right!

If someone would like to insert these for me, i would greatly appreciate it. Credit will be given too!
    Lol, too hard to change the shiny backsprite to the normal colors, since each color means a different one.

Until then, i will stop, and continue with scripting.
    I have been pretty busy up until now, so i haven't done that much.

Last edited:

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
    Okay itman, I'm halfway done. Now I just need to do the backsprite for Turtwig and learn how to index them properly. But before I do finish....exactly how are we going to import the Palette change? Do you have APE or something?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Okay itman, I'm halfway done. Now I just need to do the backsprite for Turtwig. BUt before I do finish....exactly how are we going to import the Palette change? Do you have APE or something?

i thought you knew how to use it...
    I know where to get it, but i don't have it in my folder.
    I don't know how to work it :(

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Ok everyone, good and bad news:
    Good news: My scripts have been working great :)
    Bad news: I will have to re-insert my D/P pokemon, but for now, I will do that later, as I don't think there is a way to stop the green from being like that (it is like that in Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends, and nobody complained). So, I will keep 'em like that, unless I put them in the ?? spaces.

Question about those ?? spaces: How do you put a pokemon in there, since the pallete for the ?? only consists of 3-4 colors.

driger369

Fortitude Creed
    Years
    I'll try to rework the pallete's in unlz and a couple of other programs to take care of that problem. They might be able to fit in the ??? spaces, but if not they will end up where they originally were supposed to be. I'm at school till about 3:30 today, and I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for a trip with my friends so I'll crank them out tonight and give them to you tomorrow morning.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    I'll try to rework the pallete's in unlz and a couple of other programs to take care of that problem. They might be able to fit in the ??? spaces, but if not they will end up where they originally were supposed to be. I'm at school till about 3:30 today, and I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for a trip with my friends so I'll crank them out tonight and give them to you tomorrow morning.

i'm going to replace them, it saves me the trouble of making movesets and stuff.

I just found out from destinedjagold how to do it correctly, so i will put them in :)
    I'll just wait for your sprites ^^

Good news: I'll have a lot of time to hack tomorrow
    Bad news: ^^cause i'm sick, and won't be going to school

So, i guess that's good for you, semi good for me (i feel terrible!!!)
    If i do go to school, then, i will insert them when i get home (hopefully)

If anyone has any suggestions of anymore D/P pokemon they want in besides turtwig, grotle, torterra, starly, staravia, and starapter, post it.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
    i thought you knew how to use it...
    I know where to get it, but i don't have it in my folder.
    I don't know how to work it :(

Sorry, that came out wrong. What I meant to ask is how are we going to add it to the ROM beta that you're working on? Unless you send me a copy of the beta and I work it in that way, you'd have to have UNLZ and APE to put that sprite in. Also, I've found that replacing Treecko with Turtwig won't work very well, as they're different sizes and all that. It would probably work better to replace Treecko with a Bulbasaur or something (Thank you dshayabusa).

Also, hope you get better soon. I was sick last week and it was terrible...I still had to go to school.

driger369

Fortitude Creed
    Years
    Sorry, that came out wrong.What I meant to ask is how are we going to add it to the ROM beta that you're working on? Unless you send me a copy of the beta and I work it in that way, you'd have to have UNLZ and APE to put that sprite in, or somebody else. Also, I've found that replacing Treecko with Turtwig won't work very well, as they're different sizes and all that. It would probably work best to replace Treecko with a Bulbasaur or something (Thank you dshayabusa).

What do you mean different sizes? I've hacked all 3 into Treeko and his evolutions without a problem on ruby. It's the size of the sprite and I've edited my sprites to fit there. I've put Piplup's evolutions into Mudkip's and Chimchar's evos into Torchic's. (I finally got my Infernape sprite to work!) So it's all a matter of how you edit the sprite, not what size it is.

And I'm used to hacking on Ruby not Fire Red, that's where this size error comes into play. I'm starting on the sprites right now so I should have them by tomorrow. Talk to everyone then!

Oh and to answer your question itman1234, i would like to see Shinx and his evos as part of the hack, maybe even Crogunk and Toxicroak. If i get done with the one's I promised tonight I'll start on a few more.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    What do you mean different sizes? I've hacked all 3 into Treeko and his evolutions without a problem on ruby. It's the size of the sprite and I've edited my sprites to fit there. I've put Piplup's evolutions into Mudkip's and Chimchar's evos into Torchic's. (I finally got my Infernape sprite to work!) So it's all a matter of how you edit the sprite, not what size it is.

And I'm used to hacking on Ruby not Fire Red, that's where this size error comes into play. I'm starting on the sprites right now so I should have them by tomorrow. Talk to everyone then!

Oh and to answer your question itman1234 i would like to see Shinx and his evos as part of the hack. If i get done with the one's I promised tonight I'll start on a few more.

yeah, the size he did was fine :) I understand what you mean though, as D/P sprites are generally bigger, but it worked fine.

I'm glad to hear that infernape worked!

Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray were at the top of my list for more D/P pokemon, as they are soooooooooooo cool.
    I understand that the sprites are different, since Ruby is a bit different then Fire Red, i hope everything goes well!

Until then, i will wait on scripting, since i want to get this over with.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years

Oh and to answer your question itman1234, i would like to see Shinx and his evos as part of the hack, maybe even Crogunk and Toxicroak. If i get done with the one's I promised tonight I'll start on a few more.

Odd, maybe it's something I'm doing wrong. The ROM I was messing around had a nasty glitch that might have been the cause for it messing up on me. Oddly enough, when I try to import that image of Turtwig, I end up getting 256 colors instead of the 16. Also Driger, might I ask you a question? Which Pokemon's Palette did you make the Turtwig from? If I know where to go it ought to save me the time and effort of manually searching for it.

Also, I'd love to see Gallade in the game. Though maybe you'd need to alter Kirlia's evolution with stones or something in order for players to be able to choose between the Gardevoir and Gallade.

EDIT: Now the Palettes just look really messed up when I try to import the sprites. Guess maybe I'm not as fit for importing as I thought I was.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back