• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon NeoRocket Thieves

Status
Not open for further replies.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Well sorry itman but i edited verdanturf.
    You have to believe me!
    Well i'll make another map but with my specialty...FR/LG if thats okay with you.
    Well, this is a Fire Red hack, so why not make a map in Fire Red?
    Wow, at first glance it looks like Lilycove xD

*reports*
    yeah, i thought so too, and thanks for reporting him, so did I ;)
    That's considered spamming, plz remove that post.
    don't worry, he's banned!

He deserves to be booted out for nonsense like that.
    Anyways itman234 if you don't have enough mappers as is,can i be one?
    I'll post it in a couple of minutes.
    just have to do some errands.
    ok, i'll see if i need more or not...i'll have to think about it.

Nice keep it up and I know it will be a great success
    You posted in every hack??? Thanks, but don't just post random comments in every thread, its annoying...

Last edited:

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    Umm... Are you still looking for a D/P Sprite Indexer. I can insert all 1,2,3 Gen Correctly. If you wanna see some indexed sprites go to Pokemon Hackers online Forum. go to ROM Hacking section, Hacking Teams, and there will be a thread started by Revenge Beast and i posted some Indexed Sprites there. Also Great Job!!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Umm... Are you still looking for a D/P Sprite Indexer. I can insert all 1,2,3 Gen Correctly. If you wanna see some indexed sprites go to Pokemon Hackers online Forum. go to ROM Hacking section, Hacking Teams, and there will be a thread started by Revenge Beast and i posted some Indexed Sprites there. Also Great Job!!

I've already got someone, but thanks anyway! (driger369 is my spriter)

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    ur maps r nothing special n u need to change the trainer overworld
    Maybe that's because I only showed one map, the starting town...and I barely even showed that, those screenshots were just put up so my thread will get approved, soon i will put a lot more. But, thanks for the grudge comment (he's mad since i didn't like his hack lol, how cute, awwwww ^_^ Someone has a little temper ;))
    People usually wait to change it until the very end, so if there is any glitches, they can be fixed.

Yes, i probably won't change it yet, since:
    1. I don't have anyone who can do it.
    2. I don't want to use someone elses, i want my own.
    3. I'll wait until i'm finished with the beta, then throw in a temperary OW.

Sadly, i can't hack until tomorrow (read previous post), but i have gotten some ideas, and i will script them all out tomorrow after school (assuming i don't get a lot of homework).

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    He is just jealous because he doesn't make as good maps as you.
    Did you get the message i sent you itman234?

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2016
    i think u need to read some tutorials before actually thinking of releasing this game with the level of maps uve shown

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
    i think u need to read some tutorials before actually thinking of releasing this game with the level of maps uve shown

♦_♦ Dude........seriously, don't spam this page unless you've got something to say. Even if that was a serious post, provide something more than a simple phrase without any grammatical/spelling structure, and provide a basis for your statement.

EDIT: The NeoRocket sprite is on the way to approval.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    ♦_♦ Dude........seriously, don't spam this page unless you've got something to say. Even if that was a serious post, provide something more than a simple phrase without any grammatical/spelling structure, and provide a basis for your statement.

Wow! That's good news Jack of Bl♠des! But could you post a NeoRocket sprite picture?
    I really want to see it!

driger369

Fortitude Creed
    Years
    Ok guys I'm back from Orlando. I met up with a bunch of my friends who had graduated last year and we went to Disney and Universal. It was so much fun. Some of us even had a bonfire last night when we got back. (Ok it was only 3 of us who are still in school but it was still really fun!)

Alright back to busyness. I'm almost done with the sprites Itman wanted me to do so I will send them to him tomorrow. I'm going to start on Gible and his evolutions next, I'm almost finished on Darkrai, and I'm pretty sure I have a working Gallade made up if he needs it. If there are any other DP pokemon that you guys want, post them and I'll get started.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    He is just jealous because he doesn't make as good maps as you.
    Did you get the message i sent you itman234?
    yeah, i think so.
    Have you seen your game? Sorry, but i think i'm not the one who needs to read tutorials! Mew as a starter? Come on! Don't just put down my hack because I gave you some constructive criticism.

Yep, it looks great :)
    Wow! That's good news Jack of Bl♠des! But could you post a NeoRocket sprite picture?
    I really want to see it!
    I don't want him to post it until he is done...
    Ok guys I'm back from Orlando. I met up with a bunch of my friends who had graduated last year and we went to Disney and Universal. It was so much fun. Some of us even had a bonfire last night when we got back. (Ok it was only 3 of us who are still in school but it was still really fun!)

Alright back to busyness. I'm almost done with the sprites Itman wanted me to do so I will send them to him tomorrow. I'm going to start on Gible and his evolutions next, I'm almost finished on Darkrai, and I'm pretty sure I have a working Gallade made up if he needs it. If there are any other DP pokemon that you guys want, post them and I'll get started.

That's great :) I sent you a list of the ones i want in, its big, but don't rush!

Progress: I'm back at my mom's house, and i'm on school vacation, so expect lot's of updates, as i'm not going anywhere :( First, before I go any farther, i'm going to fix some bugs already (lol, minor minor things) and then continue.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
    I really want to see it!

Your wish is my command. Well, not really, but now that I've finished the sprite, feel free to take a look.

Spoiler:

Work on the female grunt will begin soon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Your wish is my command. Well, not really, but now that I've finished the sprite, feel free to take a look.

Spoiler:

Work on the female grunt will begin soon.
    Hm, that sprite looks a bit... weird. It doesn't look like a Pokémon, Nintendo-made sprite. Looks more like a... well, from another game. Plus, the Neo Rockets never had Grunts, the Grunts were only the same as the original Team Rocket Grunts. So, they should look the same. And the "NR" should stay the same as "R".

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Hm, that sprite looks a bit... weird. It doesn't look like a Pokémon, Nintendo-made sprite. Looks more like a... well, from another game. Plus, the Neo Rockets never had Grunts, the Grunts were only the same as the original Team Rocket Grunts. So, they should look the same. And the "NR" should stay the same as "R".

I changed the NeoRockets a bit, there are different rankings.
    I'm not going to say them though, since they are said in the game.

I'm making NeoRockets a new team, they call them selves NeoRockets, not just 'new team rocket'. They think they are better than the original and say they are the NeoRockets. So NR is fine.

What do you mean by from another game? Any suggestions on how to make it better???

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    What do you mean by from another game? Any suggestions on how to make it better?
    Well, you DO know that there is actually such thing as "the Neo Team Rockets", right? :P

Actually, by another game, I mean it looks like it wasn't made by Nintendo. It just... doesn't look natural. First of all, the pose is weird. He's fat. He doesn't have any black outline. You can see that the cap is blocking his eyes, but the feel of the sprite doesn't make him a "shady guy". The "NR" is purple... doesn't go so well.

That's all I can think of right now, but how about you just change the pose of the original Team Rocket sprite? Instead of scratching, because I can see that you are not so skilled at that.

driger369

Fortitude Creed
    Years
    Well, you DO know that there is actually such thing as "the Neo Team Rockets", right? :P

Actually, by another game, I mean it looks like it wasn't made by Nintendo. It just... doesn't look natural. First of all, the pose is weird. He's fat. He doesn't have any black outline. You can see that the cap is blocking his eyes, but the feel of the sprite doesn't make him a "shady guy". The "NR" is purple... doesn't go so well.

That's all I can think of right now, but how about you just change the pose of the original Team Rocket sprite? Instead of scratching, because I can see that you are not so skilled at that.

Come on man, give him a break. When I started doing DP sprites they came out so badly that I hated even looking at them. I got better with practice, so will he. Get off of his case. I actually like it. And so what if it doesn't look like Nintendo did it, i personally hate some of the things that Nintendo did. It reminds me of the sprites people at WAH do, they make new, from scratch, sprites that are nowhere near what Nintendo does, that's why their cool.

Moving on.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years

Yes, i know there is such a thing as "the neo team rockets"...but they call themselves "NeoRockets" so i figured NR would be better.

Oh, i see, i thought you meant something different. Do you think the NR in red would be better? I kinda see what you mean by fat, but i didn't realize the outline and stuff until i took a closer look (i'm not a spriter, so i don't realize these things off first glance). Its good to see some help from such an experienced spriter like yourself.
    But cut him some slack, he's not as advanced as you, and i'm sure he will get better over time :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Come on man, give him a break. When I started doing DP sprites they came out so badly that I hated even looking at them. I got better with practice, so will he. Get off of his case. I actually like it.
    Well, if you think you're so bad then you did a good choice... you stopped doing them, or you just kept on practicing, and then you would accept job offers by people. But if you think you're bad, then don't accept job offers from people.

I'm not angry or anything, I'm just saying it's not like it's supposed to be...

Edit: Yeah, thanks Itman. I am just pointing this stuff out because, like you said, I'm an experienced spriter myself, so I know what to see in a sprite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back