• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon: Old Amber

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    I am unable to use Moon Stone (the use option doesn't show up in the menu). Gligar also does not show up in the Pewter City Lab evolution options. This is on 0.45.

I see what you mean about the Moon Stone. I just fixed it for version 0.46. As for Gligar, you don't need to use the lab. It should evolve if it levels up while holding a Razor Fang.

I also checked on the Goldenrod Department Store. I fixed the formatting of the cashier event before checking to see if I could replicate the problem. It works when I try to use it, but I can't say for sure if what I did is what fixed it. I suspect though that the initial issue was probably caused by me adding the Assault Vest as one of the items that he sells.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Version 0.47 update

I realized that the encounters disappeared from Route 26, so I fixed that. I also altered encounter locations and rates slightly to make the game more balanced. No huge changes though, and you can still catch them all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Given the large amount of content in Generation 8, some of which won't be known until months from now, I have decided to cap this game to the 807 pokemon in generations 1 through 7. I have added Easy and Hard difficulty modes. I am now considering this game to be done, and I will put it in completed status.

TheLad

Tim
    Years
    Hey there
    I have a problem.
    during battles when I open my bag I can't use any other items besides pokeballs.
    Is this a hard mode featured?

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Hey there
    I have a problem.
    during battles when I open my bag I can't use any other items besides pokeballs.
    Is this a hard mode featured?

That's how it works on every mode. One of the changes this game makes is prohibiting the use of items by trainers in battle. This means not being able to spam Max Revives to win difficult battles. Fortunately, this limitation also applies to your opponents as well. They can't use items either. However, this only applies to items used by trainers. Held items are used by the pokémon themselves, and are therefore allowed.

TheLad

Tim
    Years
    That's how it works on every mode. One of the changes this game makes is prohibiting the use of items by trainers in battle. This means not being able to spam Max Revives to win difficult battles. Fortunately, this limitation also applies to your opponents as well. They can't use items either. However, this only applies to items used by trainers. Held items are used by the pokémon themselves, and are therefore allowed.

Ah alright that's a cool mechanic I like it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Ugh, the starters are so lame. Mareep aside, as my little sheepie is going straight into the PC, Bugsy at least ought to give us some bugs that don't, you know, suck. The Yanma is okay, but might I recommend swapping Nincada and Crapifly with Grubbin and Larvesta?

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Ugh, the starters are so lame. Mareep aside, as my little sheepie is going straight into the PC, Bugsy at least ought to give us some bugs that don't, you know, suck. The Yanma is okay, but might I recommend swapping Nincada and Crapifly with Grubbin and Larvesta?

They're called "starters" and not "finishers" for a reason. You're supposed to catch better pokémon. I know that's not the philosophy of the official games, but that's why fan games exist, to do things differently.

That being said though, I think you are underestimating the potential of these pokémon when used well. They are all very much practical choices, even in the late game. I recently finished Hard mode with my Ribombee at level 92. I had a Volcarona and Gardevoir on my team as well, but I still ended up using Ribombee more because its excellent Speed stat, great offensive typing, Shield Dust ability, and Aromatherapy allowed it to fill a very important role.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Well, don't bother taking my advice. I'm out anyway. Just spent 3 hours trying to get a Deino in Dark Cave. Found 3. The first killed my team with Dragon Rage spam. The second was a Jolly Natured one. Big no. The third got knocked out. I gave up and looked for a Binacle on Route 31. One hour later, no Binacle. Absolutely s.hitty encounter rates. Crap game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Well, don't bother taking my advice. I'm out anyway. Just spent 3 hours trying to get a Deino in Dark Cave. Found 3. The first killed my team with Dragon Rage spam. The second was a Jolly Natured one. Big no. The third got knocked out. I gave up and looked for a Binacle on Route 31. One hour later, no Binacle. Absolutely s.hitty encounter rates. Crap game.

That's OK. I don't take advice from children. Judging from your weird tantrums over not being able to easily catch a pre-evolution for a pseudo-legendary, it sounds like you're only familiar with Pokémon games on a very basic level. It sounds like you just want to easily catch powerful pokémon without having to put in any real effort. Maybe there are some games out there better suited to your low tolerance for effort. It sounds like this just isn't the game for you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    That's OK. I don't take advice from children. Judging from your weird tantrums over not being able to easily catch a pre-evolution for a pseudo-legendary, it sounds like you're only familiar with Pokémon games on a very basic level. It sounds like you just want to easily catch powerful pokémon without having to put in any real effort. Maybe there are some games out there better suited to your low tolerance for effort. It sounds like this just isn't the game for you.

Well, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. It seems that you're the one that doesn't understand Pokemon. Let me (try and fail to) explain it to you. There are two ways that bad encounter rates go.

1. The person spends hours trying to find and catch said Pokemon. They succeed or they fail. Either way, they've spent hours trying to catch this one Pokemon and now have significant animosity towards the game for making it unnecessarily hard to get it. They still have the Pokemon if they succeeded in catching it, but they've just wasted far more time than they should have in getting it.
    2. The person refuses to waste time catching it and uses something else. The person is locked out from using this Pokemon due to their low tolerance for bullshit. Effort has nothing to do with it. There's no effort in spending hours running around an area and running away from all the junkmon encountered there to try and find the one good Pokemon with the trash encounter rate.

Long story short, a low encounter rate doesn't actually make a game harder. It just makes it dumber. You don't want us to get it that early? Then just don't make it available until later. 8 Gens later, Gamefreak still doesn't have a good excuse for their low encounter rates. But as you can see with SWiSH, they don't care as fans will still buy it regardless.

You are correct about one thing though. This game is not for me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    hi i am on easy mode at chuck and i cant win my pokemon are underleveled but i dont know where the exp share is can someone help me find it?

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    hi i have a bug when blaceplion the ultra beast uses mind blown i doesnt do anything

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I looked into it and fixed the bug. I am uploading v1.1.11 today with that bug fixed.

Again, thanks so much. You helped make the game a slightly better experience for everyone.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    hi i am on easy mode at chuck and i cant win my pokemon are underleveled but i dont know where the exp share is can someone help me find it?

Yes, it's in Ecruteak City. You have to defeat all 9 of the Kimono dancers, which isn't going to be easy. Once you do, talk to the man in the theater and he will give you the Exp. All. It will be turned off by default, so you will need to go into your bag and turn it on.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    The latest version v.1.1.12 has two significant changes.

1. There is a new item called Rare Scent, sold on the 2nd floor of the Celadon City Department Store. It makes rare pokemon in an area more likely to appear for 200 steps.

2. The Move Reminder in Blackthorn City no longer requires Heart Scales. He originally required Heart Scales back in Gen 2 and again in HGSS games in Gen 4, but that was when TMs were one-time use only. Now that TMs are infinitely reusable at no cost, it only made sense for the cost here to be eliminated as well. Some pokemon depend on the Move Reminder after evolving in order to be used effectively.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    Hi, I caught a Clauncher and it has its ability Mega Launcher, but the text reads 'Moves can be used regardless of abilities', ie Mold Breaker. Is it a description mistake or does it actually have Mold Breaker?

Also, is there a way to speed up the game so it runs at 2x or 3x speed?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Hi, I caught a Clauncher and it has its ability Mega Launcher, but the text reads 'Moves can be used regardless of abilities', ie Mold Breaker. Is it a description mistake or does it actually have Mold Breaker?

Also, is there a way to speed up the game so it runs at 2x or 3x speed?

I just checked. Mega Launcher works just like it should. It powers up aura and pulse moves. I will correct the text. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

As for the game speed, there is no option for that. It would be nice to add but it isn't a priority right now.

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
    It's probably Togepi since I assume the Unown are appearing fine. Porygon can only found by smashing rocks in the area. I have tested out capturing several pokemon including Togepi on my computer and it works, so I am investigating this issue further. I plan to solve it quickly though.

Actually, its porygon.
    It's a form species error and togepi has no forms

Back