• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Olivine Version

Should I even bother continuing with this hack?

• Yes

Votes: 80 78.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 13 12.7%

• Total voters

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
Years
  • The ROMs that can be hacked can be downloaded at a lot of places, try Googling it. This thread is for a hack of a FireRed ROM, and I haven't released the hack yet, so there is no download link.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • But I think he quitted that already.
    Yes, I've quitted hacking, but I still own the "copyright" (there's no copryright, but, as people respect the ownership of tiles and sprites, I think it's fair to do the same thing with names)...
    So please change the name.:classic:

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
    Years
  • I don't see what difference it makes. You stopped making it - you said it yourself.

It's the only name that suits my hack. I know a lot of people are probably going to end up hating me over this, but I'm sticking to my guns. If you have a problem with it, ignore it. This hack is not going to be very good, so seriously, I won't become well-known around here for it or anything.

I'm not doing this to stir up trouble, or because I want to make you mad, or steal your name, it's just a great name that two people thought of. As I stated above, I have had very little experience with hacks, and the name came from my own head because it relates to my hack's plot. There is also nothing that says two hacks can't be called the same thing, especially since one no longer exists. You don't own any kind of copyright, it's a fan-made game. And, if this is such a serious problem that people here are going to ignore my hack because I'm not adhering to this unwritten etiquette, then so be it; I'll take my hack elsewhere, pack my bags, and you won't have to deal with me again.

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • I don't see what difference it makes. You stopped making it - you said it yourself.

It's the only name that suits my hack. I know a lot of people are probably going to end up hating me over this, but I'm sticking to my guns. If you have a problem with it, ignore it. This hack is not going to be very good, so seriously, I won't become well-known around here for it or anything.

I'm not doing this to stir up trouble, or because I want to make you mad, or steal your name, it's just a great name that two people thought of. As I stated above, I have had very little experience with hacks, and the name came from my own head because it relates to my hack's plot. There is also nothing that says two hacks can't be called the same thing, especially since one no longer exists. You don't own any kind of copyright, it's a fan-made game. And, if this is such a serious problem that people here are going to ignore my hack because I'm not adhering to this unwritten etiquette, then so be it; I'll take my hack elsewhere, pack my bags, and you won't have to deal with me again.
    Well...See yah, and good luck too.

P.S. If this isn't going to be a very good hack, then why post it? And the moderators will deal with you, if kike-scott decides to report that you won't change your name of the hack...

P.S.S. I hear PHO has a good hacking forum. Maybe you should move there, for about $500/month + Electricity, Water, Gas, Cable, etc. XD

Anyways, you should make your mind up. If you're really having trouble deciding a name, go to this website's forums: http://pkmnhackersonline.com

If should be in the resources forums. And the thread should be stickied.

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
    Years
  • Well, if it's going to be that big of a deal, I'll change the name, then. It says nowhere that two hacks can't have the same name, but fine. I'll change the stupid name.

What exactly do you want me to call it? If anyone has any suggestions that actually sound decent. But I will change the name.

If a moderator would kindly change the title of this thread to "Pokemon Untitled", or something. I'm not giving up the hack, so don't delete this thread. I'll think of something.

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Well, no one said to give up. That should never be in your hacking vocabulary ;)

Here's a link to a lot of names. But it's a link to a forum, but I think this'll have an exception?

link removed

Hopefully you'll think great of your hack, and it'll become a great one too.
    -cooley

Last edited by a moderator:

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
    Years
  • So, everything on that list is taken? Or not taken? I dunno.

Well, now I'm having even more trouble thinking of one. I doubt anyone is ever going to call their hack Pokemon: School Bus Yellow. I mean, seriously.

Gah. How am I supposed to think of a name?

Years
  • So, everything on that list is taken? Or not taken? I dunno.

Well, now I'm having even more trouble thinking of one. I doubt anyone is ever going to call their hack Pokemon: School Bus Yellow. I mean, seriously.

Gah. How am I supposed to think of a name?

Most of them aren't taken. Ones with [hack name]*~ [Hacker] are taken.

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
    Years
  • Oh. *feels like an idiot now*

I think I'll use "Olivine", then, unless someone's already taken that one. Wouldn't surprise me.

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
    Years
  • Good. It's a stupid name, but it'll have to do, it's the only thing that fits that hasn't been done.

*clears throat*

Moderator, who is reading this (because I KNOW you are), please change the title of this thread to "Pokemon: Olivine Version".

Thankyouverymuch.

Last edited:

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
    Years
  • You're hired, at least for the region map. ;) I'll message you tomorrow with all the details. (It's 2AM right now where I live, and I'm exhausted)

For the sprites, can you actually make sprites or just insert them?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Well, no one said to give up. That should never be in your hacking vocabulary ;)

Here's a link to a lot of names. But it's a link to a forum, but I think this'll have an exception?

link removed

Hopefully you'll think great of your hack, and it'll become a great one too.
    -cooley

Linking to forums isn't allowed anywhere in the forums.

Good. It's a stupid name, but it'll have to do, but it's the only thing that fits that hasn't been done.

*clears throat*

Moderator, who is reading this (because I KNOW you are), please change the title of this thread to "Pokemon: Olivine Version".

Thankyouverymuch.

I'll change it, but, you can keep Opal, you can use it even if someone already used it, the only reason people don't want hacks to have the same name is to avoid confusion, and for originality.

Last edited:

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years

Oh sir... The fact that I don't continue the hack on this timeframe doesn't mean that it no longer exist:
    dibujoho6.png

And I'm very sorry that Semele has such a very poor policy about the names. It's like copyright infringment (it is not because there's not a paid registration, also we're breaking copyrights ourselves by using the name "Pokémon" and a lot of others). As the common saying says: "We're pushing our blankets between ghosts".
    If the mod says, I can't do anything, but I can say that this pisses me off...
    EDIT: Thanks fot changing the name xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2008
    Isn't pokemon copyrighted so you can't use a title with pokemon in the name? Anyways unless you have payed for a copyright. It's how it works in the real world. Anyways just use Pokemon Opal Light which is a different stone... or since pokemon is copyrighted use Lokemon opal .

If it's worth anything in 2000 I came out with a bunch of names for games... Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Emerald I came up with by myself before Pokemon did. Also I had a game for every birthstone. 8 years ago i came up with those names and because they are basic names. I don't care if anyone uses them because they are not officially copyrighted. I'm sure if your giving people such hard times about changing names I am sure you will change yours too. If you don't I give my full permission for anyone to use Pokemon Opal

Last edited:

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
    Years

That was... incredibly unhelpful.

Anyway, I'm actually wondering whether or not I should continue with this, seeing as this recent little quarrel between me and a respected member seems to have sent whatever reputation I may have once had down the tubes.

So... should I continue with this hack?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023

totally not helpful. -__-

So... should I continue with this hack?

you should.
    although what you stated about his hack's a bit harsh, is it not?
    though I do think Kike-Scott's fine with the new name now.
    also, you should not mind those posts if you really wish to hack.

anyways, either stopping or to continue's your decision.
    good luck though~

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
    Years
  • I guess I'll keep going, since at least one person thinks I should.

I'll keep ploughing on then.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    You hack looks pretty good, all you'll need to do to win my heart would be to add some new tiles.

I'd have to rate it a 7/10 for now :'D

Back