• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demyx

I can see my house from here
Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    nevermind you wouldn't know if you don't even know.
    Good point captain obvious.

Seriously, this one is 2D. Thats what the picture is of. That is the one we are talking about. The one being made. Here.

Demyx

I can see my house from here
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    Yeah, its healthy to be away from the cpu for a while. They might be working hard. Who knows?

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • I hope they are, my first DirectX game wasn't online and even yet I havn't thought about creating an online game as well . . . If it counts that I created an online messenger . . .
    I would just like to know what are you using for the connection sockets WinSock, SDL_net or something else? Also what type of sockets, blocking, non-bloxking, asynchronous, what?
    There is a half completed online game with a demo out already, but it was halted by the creators.

Btw, I could help in coding, if you use c++ for the stuff, which I don't think is the case since you said that you use VB.net for most part. Anyways, school's keeping me busy so I think it'd be hard to help rightnow.

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • This is no place to talk about MMORPGs or MMOs other than this, keep this thread clean or the creator like many others will halt.

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • They did say that they used c++, c# and VB.net, but I just wanted to know which is the main programming language by which I mean that you could be using c++ for the online purpose but where is all the other processing done?

And I asked you, how the server works, which means, how would you classify it? - blocking, non-blocking or asynchronous?
    Just incase you don't know what I mean by them is that
    Blocking: Blocking sockets wait for each client to reply, it will be stuck on the client till it gets a reply or the client disconnects. This means that the program is stuck, something like hung till it recieves a reply.

Non-Blocking: Using select() or poll() or the WSA variations, you find out whether you must get reply from a client or you must connect it and then you do, hence you don't get the hung effect.

Asynchronous: WinSock gives the windows some messages as soon as you must recieve from a client or accept it, using them you find out whether you must take the action.

Out of these I would say that since you are using DirectX asynchronous is the best choice, then comes Non-blocking for it consumes a lot of RAM and then blocking since it creates a lag for people if a client does not reply.

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
  • Asked me?????
    Or Blacksprite/Whitesprite/ etc....

Well you can't really ask me since... Well since ..
    welll I dont work on the project...

Im just been a fan since page one.. which was about a year ago lol..........
    Anyway If you wasnt asking me good.
    Or was you asking me as i seem to know alot about it????
    Or not asking me...
    anyway Its good we are keeping the topic online.
    I wonder if Black is on holiday.

Btw center/centre tags work like this
    /center]
    add [ to /center​

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • I messed my sig after I thought I fixed it, thanks for telling.

And I asked anyone of the staff, actually anyone who knows the answers.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2008
    hehe can we get like an updat? i really would love play it so by all maens necariy......please!!! come out with (starts to souwb) im dying for a good pokemon game!!!(::)

Shadez

-
    Years
  • i hope your abscence means your working on it if not doesn´t matter as long as you don´t let this die
    hope to see update soon

~Hitsugaya~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back