• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
Years
  • Its Absolutely FREE!
    Unless you are an extremely nice person who has a credit card and clicks the donate button on our website :) lol

======Total========
    --- Average --- 44.14%
    =================
    better update my sig... not that I needed to post that... :)

EDIT: 99 votes in the poll, does that mean that there is at least 99 people wanting to play or have some people created new users to let their name win? :)

for some reason I am very happy :) today... not that I needed to post that either... lol

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • i cant wait for this it will be great the one i play at the minute is boring but still ok.
    anyone want to no about it pm me.but only play till this gets finished

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • im just finishing up a system of mine were you can click on players and it will display there battle trainer front picture, name, trainer id, how many badges they have. basically a smaller trainer card. you can also challenge them to battle.
    i'll keep you posted

thanks for all the encouraging words
    we hope to have somthing good like more screens for you soon

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • Hey, I know this is real far back in the thread, but:
    jtc11 said:
    I'd stick with the "paypal donate" idea
    I have made a "PayPal Donate" button, found at https://www.freewebs.com/kayo/index.html

Sorry, blacksprite, I used your freewebs account (one of those problems when your friends know your username and password) also, I havent used the original PayPal account you used because I tried to call you for the username, but you were out... I will change it when I know the username...

but for those like jtc11 who would prefer to donate rather than click advertisements, please click the above link... then the paypal button...

OFF TOPIC: where the hell did statnio go? I just realised while wading through 9 pages of this thread that he dissapeared quite a while ago...

Also: Host Ultra just tried to upload a trojan onto my computer. Blacksprite, you should move the advertisment page to freewebs...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    whitesprite said:
    but for those like jtc11 who would prefer to donate rather than click advertisements...
    Aw, thanks! I was counting the days til you provided that for me ;)

I have a suggestion. I know that it may not be an appropriate time to add new screenshots, but a lot of what keeps a game's production going is the hype generated by its progress and exposure.

We keep hearing about all the different sprites and color-variations. We hear about the fully functional world interactions. We hear about the almost finished battle system. None of these things are displayed within the current screenshots.

Please share with us a glipse of progress...

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • jtc11 said:
    Aw, thanks! I was counting the days til you provided that for me ;)

I have a suggestion. I know that it may not be an appropriate time to add new screenshots, but a lot of what keeps a game's production going is the hype generated by its progress and exposure.

We keep hearing about all the different sprites and color-variations. We hear about the fully functional world interactions. We hear about the almost finished battle system. None of these things are displayed within the current screenshots.

Please share with us a glipse of progress...

well yea this is mainly due to various unfinished parts
    i like to only show stuff when its completed
    for example i have done all the coding behind it but it just doesn't look very good on the user side, ie the graphical user interface

whitesprite said:
    Also: Host Ultra just tried to upload a trojan onto my computer. Blacksprite, you should move the advertisment page to freewebs...

are you sure it wasn't one of the popup adds of host ultra or host ultra itself either way i will look into this

also jct11
    put it this way you'll get them when you get them

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • blacksprite said:
    are you sure it wasn't one of the popup adds of host ultra or host ultra itself either way i will look into this

It wasnt host ultra's popups because it said "AVAST! has blocked a connection from [https://www.hostultra.com]. Although the connection to hostultra has been blocked, it is still possible for the trojan to enter your computer, to prevent this please click the close connection button below"

for all those who dont know, Avast! (it MUST have the "!" I am told) is a free virus protector/ monitored firewall...

and, I dont think Avast! is that well known that host ultra would copy it to create popups... also, why would closing the connection (closing my web browser and removing all of my cookies and cache containing host ultra) help host ultra anyway?

My client is like FAR out of date, so there would be no point me making screenshots of anything other than the environment and a terroribly misaligned character (coding stuff up - all fixed in the current version of the client), still funny to laugh at...

And, this community has loads of games under production, if I uploaded any of my character setm someone would probably steal it, and as it is so close to the original, it would be impossible to copyright... not that we are gonna start up another discussion about copyrights and how we are breaking many...

Aw, thanks! I was counting the days til you provided that for me
    You havent donated yet... :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    whitesprite said:
    You havent donated yet... :(
    Has anyone?

Your fear of copies is understandable (after all, Nintendo has you to fear doing the same thing), but if someone is going to copy your characters or something, couldn't they still do it when you release the completed game?

I don't see how holding off with screenshots will prevent any potential copy-cats.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • Has anyone?
    no...:(
    Your fear of copies is understandable (after all, Nintendo has you to fear doing the same thing), but if someone is going to copy your characters or something, couldn't they still do it when you release the completed game?
    Yes they could, but it would be harder for them to do that than for them to steal it off of a character set I've uploaded...

I don't see how holding off with screenshots will prevent any potential copy-cats.
    put it this way you'll get them when you get them
    yes, dont rush us, we need to do other stuff (on and away from the game) and if/when we finish these things, you will see screenies...

also it isnt anything to do with preventing copy-cats, I only said that I wasnt releasing the character set to prevent copying, not screenies

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    whitesprite said:
    also it isnt anything to do with preventing copy-cats, I only said that I wasnt releasing the character set to prevent copying, not screenies
    Oh, I'm sorry. I misunderstood since you said that right after I enquired about new screenshots. And again, to clarify, I didn't mean show us your character set images. I simply meant show us a few screens (ingame) showing different colored characters.

Take you time though. I don't need screenshots, nor does anyone else really. It was just a suggestion to show some progress. Since most of the progress seems to be back-end programming and not visual improvements to the engine, it is understandable that screenshots are not appearing in this thread.

So long as you guys are still working on the project, no one really has much right to complain or demand any particular results. Keep it up.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • belive me we are trying to keep you guys in the loop
    it hard though as we arfe now finding our time very streched
    dont worry though the game is still in development at full speed
    and i will try to contact you guys here at PC as often as possible ie right now im on mobile 3g internet on a tablet
    the things i go though to keep in contact with you guys

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • Hey guys, we now have an official forum for PokéMon TOA, link is in my sig...
    Forum contains areas for you to post all of your wonderful ideas, and places to see where we are at in the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back