• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Origins

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
Wow, this looks like the most amazing game ever! I'd be honoured to help with some sort of Pokémon spriting job!

Birdybot

Years
Ya, I'll scavenge a few up and stick them together with superglue...

OK, if you don't like it, I'd be fine doing something else, I guess. Here they is;
fakemon-33.png

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
As I said earlier, I would really like to help, but all I do is plot (writing lines, developing characters, etc.) If you need any of that, let me know.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
wow... I can't believe I haven't heard about this thing before... From what I've seen, Tsukiyo, This could be one of the greatest fan-made games ever! It could be epic! Although... Have you made any of those things to work yet, 'cause otherways it would just be empty promises...
What are you using? Rpg Maker XP? That's a great program, I would use it if I could get the installment to work (Oops offtopic sorry)...
I'm usually not that interested in Fakémon, but somehow, these seem pretty promising... That starter is really well made ^^.
All the other features... I must say cheeze... I don't know what you say... If you get'em workin', that is... I'd love to see a screenie when you're advancin'...
Wish I could help... But I'm all stuck in Rom-hacking...
Remember what I said... Yaknow... Epic.
Yea, Keep up the good work (nothin' wrong with your imagination^^)!

Oh, BTW, the three chaos-bringers, Giratina, Dialga and Palkia, huh? Great way of seein' it!

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Years
Birdybot - Hmm...Unfortunately, not quite what I'm looking for. I will say, though, that in order to be a Pokemon spritist, you'd most likely have to be very proficient with scratches, specifically. What else were you interested in?

Bards Sword - Thanks a ton for the offer, but I've actually got the story and character bits covered...^^

pokestick - Wow...o.o!
I'm flattered that you think so highly of the game thus far!
Programming...scripting is not really my forte, which is why I'm looking to bring one (or a few) onto the team. I am more than willing to search until I have found scripters both willing and able to produce what I have laid out, so rest assured that I am not simply tossing ideas into the air.

I'm leaning heavily toward using RPG Maker XP. My only real problem with it is that its what everyone else seems to be using as well, but it's still probably what I'll end up going with.

You have my amazing artist and colorist to thank for that. The colorist in particular really brought Aevisk to life, and I'm looking forward to revealing the others!

Cheeze...xD?
I've not heard that expression before, but I'm going to assume it's a good thing...XP

Thanks again!
And, by the by, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina aren't really chaos bringers by themselves. The being that was referred to as such had a combination of all of their powers, and abused them immensely...

Birdybot

Years
Yeah, I thought you might not accept my sprites, they're not the same style as the originals. I'd be happy to do a whole bunch of other things, though. I could do testing, or develop the trainers or Pokémon ideas, I guess. Or make shinies, or whatever. Just ask, I'll see if I can do it. :)

Tsukiyo

Years
Hmm...Well, we're a long ways off as far as needing beta testers goes, but that's certainly something you'd be able to do. I've got the characters and Pokemon pretty much covered, though.

As for shinies...we shall see.

Thanks again for offering to help out!

Sheogorath

All hail the Madgod!
Years
The game looks amazing, but I think you should rename it, as there's already someone working on a game called Pokemon Origin.

Tsukiyo

Years
Thank you...^^
I had no idea that there was another game by the same name (well, sans 's') until after I decided upon 'Origins'. Actually, I tossed around several different possible titles, but the instant that name popped into my head, I knew I wouldn't be able to come up with another that suited it even half as well.

We'll see which ours stands out in people's minds...XP

Tsukiyo

Years
Forgive me for the extremely late reply...x.x;;
Progress has slowed down a bit due in part to my concept artist vanishing, and partially due to the fact that I've not been able to fill the other positions as of yet.

Tsukiyo

Years
Thank you, AkaneKuro...^^
Better late than never...right?

On another note, several of the once-filled positions have been reopened, including Pokemon Spritist, Pokemon Concept Artist, and Item Spritist. Due to the lack of help, production has all but completely halted, so please, if anyone has any interest at all in becoming part of this project, let me know!

deeelove

Dradradra drama BEATZZ
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
yea this sounds and looks great so far. good luck with it!

PS I can make some more userbars if you would like. just PM me if your interested!:)

Tsukiyo

Years
Ack! Please forgive me for the exceedingly late reply; I wouldn't have thought that anyone would find this thread...o.o

Thanks a ton for the luck! Just to let everyone know, the project isn't dead, but it also isn't going anywhere fast without any help...*hinthint**nudgenudge*

In any case, I would most certainly be interested in some userbars. However, at the moment, you wouldn't really have much to work with...>.o;;

Tertle

nub@ruby
Years
From the look of things this could be a really awesome game!

If you're going with RPG Maker XP, I'd be very glad to help out with the scripting side of things.
I don't really have any examples of my prowess, as I've only recently started learning Ruby, but it's not too difficult so far. In fact I could probably do a few of those features you mentioned, even at my low level of skill.

Tsukiyo

Years
Why, thank you...XP

That'd be fantastic!
Not many people have expressed interest for the scripting postion, sadly...>.o;

Which features did you think you'd be able to help out with?
Also, I'm assuming you have experience with other scripting languages?

Last edited:

Tertle

nub@ruby
Years
Well the only ones that could be a real problem are the redesigned gym and fishing system, maybe even the tournament-style Pokemon league (I've an inkling on how this may work, but only time will tell)
I know there are tutorials for a few of the features floating around the web (bookmarked a couple of 'em today, in fact) so things like the "follow me" script and the banking system--which I hadn't a clue on how to implement--should be relatively painless. I can figure out the rest of the features.

I have a tiny bit of experience with C# and that's about it as far as knowing other languages.

Back