• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Yes, a few days of inactivity does not make it dead, he just gave us a plethora of amazing updates, so be content with that.

GAK

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    Yes Be Grateful for what you've got

Yes, a few days of inactivity does not make it dead, he just gave us a plethora of amazing updates, so be content with that.

he just gave us 2 big updates. no need to declare this 'dead' yet, it just means that he doesn't have anything as big to show

and don't bump threads, please

:)

ok sorry guys. i just thought that it started to become ignored by people. sorry again. and sorry neo for the pressure

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Yo gak, you didn't put pressure on me.
    Anyways, all the suggestions are being taught about at least. So I'm glad your posting your opinion. As I've said before your input matters.

Just a little teaser on the next update.
    I've made A LOT of changes to the game.
    Most of the systems are still intact and some have even gotten better.
    Atomic_reator(who is also one of my "staff" members at CPF too) has been also helping me, giving me ideas. He has seen much of the stuff that is planed or in the works. He seems to like what's coming and hopefully you all will too.
    Just hang tight, I'm waiting on a few things off him then I will have the update to showcase :)

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    great. now i'm even more eagerly awaiting it. i dont think i can survive ... *strangled gurgle*

Atomic Reactor

Just hang tight, I'm waiting on a few things off him then I will have the update to showcase :)

AHHH! What!
    lol i feel pressured now :O
    lol... is it the frames i have to complete?
    is that what your talking about?

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
    Woah nice looking game, I've been skipping through some random pages of your thread and loved the screenshots :)

I have some times this weekend I hope and I'll get round to look at your whole thread :)

I read a few pages back that you was re-doing everything, have you finished this yet ? and have you started on more of the story ?

Good Luck :)

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
    Warning Big Post ahead, I'm gonnna put in spoliers :)
    @ Neo-Dragon, I'm sure you read all posts and etc and it would be nice if you read this with a bit of attention, sorry about it been long but I've thrown a few suggestions in there and I have read all your thread lol and become a very loyal supporter just from doing that :P
    Spoiler:

I guess that this is it for now :)

Good Luck with this and Good Luck with college :)

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    theres close to a day's time between them, in most forums thats fine.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    OH MY GOD! I wrote a massive post writing comments on the questions asked by EJames2100, and it never posted because I got a server error. I AM NOT writing it again... Ha sorry.

Short version is this.
    The game is being revamped from the ground up. As in, new project in Rm2k3. So most of the old stuff is gone. Let me explain that though. Code... Gone....
    Graphics... Gone....
    Ideas... STILL THERE.

I want to make this really clear
    THIS REVAMP WILL BLOW YOUR MIND ha.
    It is expanding everything as well as introducing some new concepts... A lot of ideas that are new to Pokemon in general.
    So please please please.....
    Give me time.
    I'm coding everything... EVERYTHING.... in event coding from SCRATCH!
    So, continue your support guys and I promise I won't disappoint.
    Remember, I am in college and most of my assignments are due before christmas, so again, give me extra time lol.

I want to give a big shout out to Atomic Reactor, who is doing me my overworld sprites for the game. With his help, I'll be able to add some interesting features.... which he only knows about for now lol....

EDIT: A lot of people have been asking me to update the first post. I will when I reveal the new revamped game. Like so far, I've only shown the concept of mouse control. So bare with me again.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Oh god im scared. Really scared. Everybody is slowly redoing there work and making mind blowing sutff. Yeah besides that i hope that its better then your previous product(which by the way was mind blowing already)so yeah bol!

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Mind blowing sounds awesome. But will it turn my anus inside out?

(would have to be pretty dang mind-blowing)

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
    Years
    theres close to a day's time between them, in most forums thats fine.
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up. ^^

Er... punkforlife93, what does mind blowing have to do with your arse? O_____o

Does sound mind blowing, cant wait! ^^

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Here it is. The reveal of the revamp.
    Pokemon Protectors

Introduction
    I'm Neo-Dragon. I've been running Calis Projects for awhile now. Officially have had my hosting and domain name since 2006.
    Protectors has been in the works since Nov. 2006. A quick search on youtube will show you the concept video I done around that time.
    The game still had firered graphics back then- and a "wild" Charizard. People complained, but those who did, must not understand what a "concept" is lol.
    Then the game got a revamp. Kyledoves graphics were added in. Now after getting a patch for RM2k3 to allow mouse control, I've began a new revamp.
    This revamp has been in the works since October- when I got the patch. Because of certain conditions of using the patch, I was forced to begin a new project in Rm2k3. I tried importing as much as I could from the current build of Protectors at the time. Resources were easy to import- maps were a bit harder, but code wise- it was really hard to copy and paste the code into the new project. Mainly because of the variables needed to run the mouse patch (it also allows full keyboard support)- these variables were used for menus in the old build. So I had to revamp code. All this time, I was just about a month(?) in college doing Game development. I wanted to apply what this newbie was learning lol.
    So I spent all of November doing Pre production work. I think I'm on 4 A4 pages in notepad now lol. All this time, trying to code the foundation for the ideas I had.
    Now- in the first week of December, I'm pretty much ready to begin showing off the development of Pokemon Protectors again.
    Enjoy.

Being made with: RPG MAKER 2003

Game Location
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors
    The game doesn't take place in a full "Region" but rather a "State" or "County." This State is called The Caladan State. The Caladan State is part of the Altar Region as a whole. The plan is to have more States added after release of the game, which will then make up a the full region (there are four states in total in Altar.)
    This State is broken up into smaller areas called "Districts." Each District is has a theme. For example. There is the Urban District. The main activity center of the Caladan State. The Trainers District, an area for all the trainer's of the State to live in and focus their time at.
    There are also smaller areas worth noting in Caladan, such as the farm, which is located on the coast.
    Also note that this Region is my own creation in my own "universe" with it's own lore. So stories on legends will be different to official games as well as no official regions appearing in Protectors.

Okay, so let me explain that map. That is a "zoomed" in version of the Caladan State.
    The main red square in the centre is the Urban District. This is the main place of activity for the state.
    The red rectangle up in the top left is the Trainers' District of Caladan. This map so far is the only map nearly completed- It is 148 tiles by 120 tiles.
    The Blue markers are Sub-Urban Districts.
    The purple markers are farming locations.
    And the yellow Maker is the Pokemon theme park.

You will also notice the regions routes have more branching paths. This is to make it feel more like a State, then a full region with just up or down paths- or left and right.

Storyline:
    *note: this is wrote in a kind of rough state, but is bang on to the storyline in game lol. *

The game kicks off with a bang.
    The hero is at a speech being held by Mark Hogan, the CEO of the Pokemon Protectors, in the City Square in the Urban District. The hero is only young (8 years old) and is with his father.
    The speech by Hogan is about the branching of the Protectors to form a sub organisation- the Pokemon Rangers, who will handle all the Pokemon related issues (and allow the Protectors to focus on enforcing the law in general).
    Suddenly, mid way through the speech, a few members from the cult like Team Arceusian blow up a Protectors owned building right behind Hogan.
    Everyone flees.
    It is then announced on the TV that a new system is being put in place by the Protectors to help stop terrorist acts. This system is where everyone must declare their role in society (their jobs mainly) to the Protectors and carry a special passport with them at all times holding information on them. Nobody is allowed to pass between States without the passport. Only adults are given the stamp on their passport to pass after clearing a test, while anyone under 18 is not allowed leave the State without an adult (with said stamp on their passport).
    Once the background story is finished, the next scene is the hero in school at the age of 16. There will be a few tutorial style stuff to introduce players into the features of the game.
    The game is then in the hands of the player. The player is given the freedom to grow up in this persistent world. A world where everyone has a role or job to fill.
    The player is tasked with getting a job themselves.
    Become a famous Pokemon Trainer and earn money from battles?
    Become a Ranger and earn money for doing quests?
    The choice is yours.

Features:
    Other then the obvious (such as menus, and common stuff)
    The Conscious Choice System- allows the player to make choices and have different outcomes depending on the choice made.
    Alignment System- Who do you wish to align yourself with? Maybe work for the Pokemon Rangers but do quests for Team Arceusian. With the aid of the Conscious Choice feature, the player will be able to align themselves with a gang or company and make choices in that gang or company which will effect the gameplay.
    Reputation System- The name says it all. With the aid of the Conscious Choice system- different actions will effect how the NPCs in the game react to you.
    Job Specific Systems: Each job will have custom systems to suit that job. Being a Ranger will have the player able to use the Ranger Capture system. Becoming a trainer will enable standard (official game style)battles.
    PokeCyber: Acting as a device as important as a computer in the real world, this device will come with various Operating Systems(OS's) which will determine it's features. Become a Trainer and the PokeCyber will be able to store your caught Pokemon for you, allowing you to switch between storage pokemon and Team pokemon anywhere on the map.
    A living world. Since everyone in the region (not just Caladan) has to announce who they are to the Protectors, and their role, every NPC in the game will live it's life. An example would be a Mart worker who lives near his shop, would get up at a certain time (is time a feature still? I count it as common stuff lol) actually go to the shop and open it. Work there until night time, close the shop and head home.
    Also every NPC will have a name, which will be visible when talking to them, and will make it easy for the player to track them in the game and see how they live their life.

Screenshots
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

All screenshots were taken in the Trainers' District of Caladan.
    Screenshot 1: Main Menu.
    Screenshot 2: Bag screenshot.
    Screenshot 3: The Trainers' PokeCyber Operating System Main Menu.
    Screenshot 4: The Trainers' PokeCyber OS Phone Menu.
    Screenshot 5: Showing the "living" NPC. Peter the Mart owner. The time is 7 AM.
    Screenshot 6: Again- showing a "living" NPC. Peter the mart owner is going to open his shop in the morning.
    Screenshot 7: Showing a place where the trainers live in the District. This is on the West side of the Trainers' District (unlike the last screenshots which were on the East.)
    Screenshot 8: Showing the Local district Gym.

Big shout out to Atomic_reactor for the cool hero sprite. He nailed the look I asked him for. Thanks AR.

So there you have it. I would love to read your comments.
    I'll be revealing more of the Trainers' standard features- including the new battle system with it's new concepts.
    Other Jobs- such as being a Ranger (and un-announced jobs) and their custom systems will be revealed at a later date.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Whoa~
    Impressive! I like the all revamp!
    Well, if there's a screenshot on a Battle System ( Using Mouse )
    That would be great!
    Keep it up!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back