• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

hahah that's alright. I wanna see this game finished so anything I can do to help is good.

It was also a test to see my skills in sphere, because I set sphere up to make these.

I just created a small script with a list of all the attack names and then had sphere save a picture of them all.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • It's back!
    itsbackattackmenufx4.png

Sorry for that scare lol.
    Thank Waudby.
    EDIT: Quick info on the screenshot. As usual, on my test map, with my default test Pokemon (which is Bulbasaur) against the female trainer of the game (as you can kinda see in the background, she has a charmander).

Waudby

I'm glad I could be some help. If there;s anything else you'd like me to do, I can probably get it done tonight.

Atomic Reactor

there are 2 errors i jsut found. on the far right. its just the tree tops are misplaced. easy to fix.

glad to be on the team =D

i think i need some more tiles from you though. you have some that i dont.
    so if you could compile them all i could put them in the chipset myself.

PM when you need more maps or something ^_^

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • It's been a while :p. The game looks awesome btw! Good to see your still working on it. Need any help with maps or such just give me a buzz I'm available from time to time. Anyways keep up the good work :).

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    awsome game

omg how much longer till its done i so want to download it... very awsome game neo love everything bout it! keep it up

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Anyone remember you could steal from marts in this game?
    OK, so it has been awhile since I took time to look back and try code everything I planned for this side of the game.
    My plan was not to make Grand Theft Pokemon, but it was an aspect of gameplay I wanted to explore.
    One of the first lines I wrote in my first Dev Sheet (I have 2 saved in my documents) was for the game to have choice.
    I wanted players to do things they couldn't do in the official games, to make choices in this world.
    Each choice could not ever be out-weighted by another choice.
    Meaning, I never wanted to put a big red light on "Don't do this", then a green light on "Do this."
    The goal was for the player to make their own decisions and choices in the game.

So in the aspect that this is a game, and not real life.... What happens if you do steal?
    So anyone remember, when you try walk out of the mart, with items still in your shopping cart, this happens?:
    wanted1ss2.png

You can choose to say sorry and walk back, or walk out the door.
    Now remember you get barred from the mart, and you lose 2 REP points with the Protectors and Rangers?
    What happens next....
    Well here is what!
    wanted1aie0.png

As if this was Grand Theft Pokemon, you get a 1 star wanted level! lol
    (Screenshot was taken at night so that's why it is dark lol)

The police are now looking for you.
    wanted2by1.png

*Please note, that because it is night time, the grey tint of the Conscious Choice is darker to fit in**
    If the police see you, you will have to run and hide.
    wanted3ua5.png

My wanted status is telling me to hide. You must hide for 1 hour game time (which is 60 seconds real time) to lose your Wanted level.
    So there is an Officer patrolling just ahead of me. If I get in his line of sight, he will chase me.
    So for the sake of the screenshots, I let him see me.

I regret it lol.
    wanted4yi0.png

He runs after me, pretty much at the same speed (slightly less, but ever so slight) as the player's running speed.
    You can see that my wanted status is telling me to run. And you have to.
    YOU MUST BREAK HIS LINE OF SIGHT AND RUN FAR ENOUGH AWAY TO LOSE HIM!
    !!Here is the thing though, first get your wanted level, the police put up barricades around the town to stop you from leaving. And you cannot enter buildings!!!
    Your menu system is also disabled when you are wanted!

So anyways, I end up tricking him by running in circles and then ran far away from him.
    wanted5nm6.png

I had lost him, now I had to hide.

IF YOU ARE SEEN AGAIN, HE WILL CHASE YOU AGAIN!

So anyways, I hide for awhile.
    wanted6fd2.png

As you can see by the Grey fence, I cannot leave the town.

So after waiting an hour game time. I lost my wanted level. And he left me alone.
    Oh and the barricades were removed.
    wanted7sl3.png

But what happens if he catches you????
    Well lets wait till I get some feedback first :P
    Tell me what ya think.

*Please note: All screenshots were taken in Birselwood Town (the second town)- with no people in them yet and at night time- thanks *

Atomic Reactor

is it only one cop that chases you? or will it increase along with your wanted level?
    o heres another question.
    what happens if you steal in small towns?
    like places that have no where to hide.
    will you pretty much get caught automatically?
    (asked same thing on calis forums lol)

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    that is just ... awesome ...
    bit of GTA mixed in, but still ..
    why doesn't hte police officer just nab you at the door?

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • L-O-L

That was great XD It's a really cool idea, Neo :3 And the the whole wanted level and police chasing thing is amazingly hilarious, and yet still an amazing idea lool.

Keep it up~ : D

Mariohammer

Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • This game is simply amazing. I like the addition of the wanted system. It adds a lot more than just simply getting kicked out of the store. Anyway, keep up the fantastic work, I can't wait to try out this game when you finish it up.

Years
  • I bet the first thing to do when I will download the game will be playing hide-and-seek with the cops!Now that's when a game-maker shows his skills.Not anyone is amazingly creative and at the same time so good with coding like you.Keep up the good work!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Hoho cool. Also im wondering if you get 4 starts do you run around with a pokemon blasting cops away with flamethrower or somthing? Cause if so yeha im goin to be the biggest badass ever.

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
    Years
  • @Neo- Dragon: Nice job on the new system. It reminds me a lot of Grand Theft Auto, good job.

@Darkcookie_93: Wow, are you looking to be thrown out. Please watch your language on the forums.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back