• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Also when you finish the game on any difficulty,do you get to keep your actual pokemon on the boxes?,or what's the criteria or things added on new game+?.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Also when you finish the game on any difficulty,do you get to keep your actual pokemon on the boxes?,or what's the criteria or things added on new game+?.

I'm not aware of any New Game+ mode in ROWE. Unbound has that, though.

Regarding the Kubfu question, the only unobtainable mon's in this hack are non-Hoenn based. So, it's possible that it's not obtainable.

Check out the discord. We're much quicker to answer questions there.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good day everyone, i just released an update to fix some issues while adding some other features
    Changelog 1.5.1
    -Added Rock smash items, you can get shards and other rare items like fossils from there
    -Removed headbutt items
    -Fixed Banette Palette
    -Hopefully removed all the Headbutt tress and moved them to the tall trees found on most of the routes(the 2 tile trees)
    -Field moves now wont need any pokemon aside from Fly and you wont need to talk to the strength rock before being able to move it
    -Added a new window to the start menu that shows you the time and has a step counter that you can reset by pressing R(limit 9999 steps)
    -Now the start menu will remember the window you last used
    -Revamped Rusturf Tunnel
    -Fixed/Modified/Added some galar icons
    -Removed moves that wont work from all the learnsets(mostly Gen 8 moves)
    -Fixed synchronize issue with shiny charm
    -Other needed bugfixes or features that i forgot about(i probably forgot of a lot of things so please seek them out)
    The link is the same as the last one

Regarding to your questions, the only mythical and legendaries available to catch right now are the ones found on vanilla emerald check the documentation for more info on where to get them and i don't know anything about the new game+ you are talking about since that isn't a feature for this game

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Actually rioluwott,where's the documentation of r.o.w.e to check it out and maybe,just maybe see if kubfu or urshifu is there by chance and to check other pokemon too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Actually,i made a misunderstanding,i actually downloaded v1.5 from another thread without the documentation,and i just downloaded the 1.5.1 now,i'm gonna check it out,and thanks for the info guys!.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    rioluwott if by any chance you add on later updates of r.o.w.e,both kubfu and urshifu in both styles,please tell me and from which update and onwards too,also does anyone know which other hackroms has these pokemon?,besides let's go gba,radical red and 898 ramdomizer,if you happen to also know it's locations on those hackroms,please tell me too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2021
    Could you please send me your Save File here or in Discord and tell me the battle that triggers the issue?
    i haven't tested Randomize mode that much but i would like to fix it to avoid issues since i think it became a really used mode

Luckily I backed up the save before making a new one. It's attached.

It's at the beginning of the fight with Roxanne, the rock gym leader, that causes the freeze.

Attachments

• rowe 1.5.sav
      128 KB · Views: 2
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2021
    Which emulator's did you try? I had an issue with John GBA doing the same but I tried MyBoy! and there's been no freezing.

What rom did you use to patch? And what program did you use to patch it?

I tried both mGBA and VBA and both freeze attempting to challenge Roxanne. A fresh new save with the same randomizer setting doesn't repeat the issue.

I even tried patching a fresh Pokemon Emerald (U) rom with the 1.5.1 update via rom patcher JS site (the included NUPS application doesn't work for some reason, despite it said it successfully patched the rom) and verified that MD5s matched the one in the readme. Loaded the problematic save file, challenged her again and same issue but this time it gives a crash error "Jumped to invalid address: C0000464"

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I tried both mGBA and VBA and both freeze attempting to challenge Roxanne. A fresh new save with the same randomizer setting doesn't repeat the issue.

I even tried patching a fresh Pokemon Emerald (U) rom with the 1.5.1 update via rom patcher JS site (the included NUPS application doesn't work for some reason, despite it said it successfully patched the rom) and verified that MD5s matched the one in the readme. Loaded the problematic save file, challenged her again and same issue but this time it gives a crash error "Jumped to invalid address: C0000464"

I doubt this could be the case, but check your PC for bad eggs. They can destroy save files. If you have any, they're likely what's causing the crash.

Edit: I booted up your save and for me it started a soft reset in game. There's clearly something wrong. Also, why don't you have Dexnav active in your save?

Edit 2: Oh, duh. You're on Randomizer. Forgot that he disabled it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good afternon everyone i made a new update that fixes some issues with the randomized mode and adds
    a shop to buy any nature mint without needing any badge on the second town along with some other
    things
    Changelog 1.5.2
    -Added a Shop that sells all the Nature Mints for 8000 and Ability Capsules(no badges requiered)
    -Added an evolution check for Randomize mode, now you wont have to fight underleveled evolved Pokemon
    -Removed the step counter for Safari Zone
    -Removed the Safari Ball window in the Safari Zone to avoid errors with the other menu
    -Hard mode now forces Set battle style
    -Fixed the bug with hard mode and being able to use items on trainer battles
    -Fixed most of the crashes in Randomized mode
    -Fixed some Story related Dialogues
    -Tweaked some movesets
    -Further improvements to overall game stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
    Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzon1hu5cjej0zo/Pokemon_ROWE.zip/file

Luckily I backed up the save before making a new one. It's attached.

It's at the beginning of the fight with Roxanne, the rock gym leader, that causes the freeze.

Thanks for that, your save helped me understand the problem and i hopefully fixed it for everyone else too regardless of their save

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2021
    Hello my friend, I created an account just to report some bugs I found in the game's audio

1) When we mute the sound in the game's options and enter the water and return to dry land, the game's sound stops but the music continues

2) In the first beta (1.5), when we changed bgm music to any other of the 4 options, the route songs changed, from the beta (1.5.1) the route songs were only from the hoenn region

for how long I only found these audio bugs

1) I'm using myboy emulator in version 1.8

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • My only issues with playing Pokemon Emerald hacks are that I cant seem to find working Gameshark/Codebreaker codes (at most, I'd only use Infinite PP). The other reason I dont like doing Emerald hacks is cause of all the Mach Bike puzzles being impossible for me.

Other than those personal gripes, I actually like this ROM hack. I love the Perfect IVs and No EVs modes.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello my friend, I created an account just to report some bugs I found in the game's audio

1) When we mute the sound in the game's options and enter the water and return to dry land, the game's sound stops but the music continues

2) In the first beta (1.5), when we changed bgm music to any other of the 4 options, the route songs changed, from the beta (1.5.1) the route songs were only from the hoenn region

for how long I only found these audio bugs

1) I'm using myboy emulator in version 1.8

The first one is indeed an issue but the second one was intended because i haven't sorted all the music for the routes and cities
    Only routes 101-103 have variable music if I remember correctly
    Hi Cyan, thanks for your hard work in the Music expansion, the Regional BGM options were all thanks to you

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2021
    The first one is indeed an issue but the second one was intended because i haven't sorted all the music for the routes and cities

Hi Cyan, thanks for your hard work in the Music expansion, the Regional BGM options were all thanks to you

I see, I would like to thank you for making such a good project, the music, the graphics and the new mechanics add a lot to the game, congratulations on the project 😁👍🏾

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2024
    Heyo! I believe I've encountered two bugs, I'm afraid.

The first is pretty simple. Life Dew seems to have the same effect as Recover. It doesn't heal an ally, but it does heal the user by 50% of their health.

The second bug is a bit more obscure. After battling Norman, he gives me a Master Ball. I assume this is intended. However, after this, he gives me another. And another. And another. And another... and, as far as I can tell, he continues giving me Master Balls, even after I've hit the cap of 99. (I think it's 99 in Gen 3, right?) Any idea why this might be happening?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2022
    nice game i love 8th gen mons
    BE51dPP.png

some bugs from the top of my head:
    • mega icon sometimes is kept on the screen after pokemon faints
    • eiscue's ability doesn't work
    • dragapult's dragon darts don't change trajectory to another pokemon if target faints on 1st hit or is protected

you should add the legendaries too. fun

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2022
    One small problem: Sometimes items wild Pokémon hold do not match what Dexnav described. (e.g. Dexnav says ditto hold destiny knot, but turn out to be everstone or hold noting at all)

Also, there is probably a typo: Flechinder should be Fletchinder

Version Beta 1.5.2 using Myboy!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2022
    Can you add all pokémons in sword and shield to this rom hack in version 2.0 because i really want dragapult pretty plssssss🥺🥺🥺

Back