• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hey, Rioluwott?

I've come across a maxed game time bug this morning. It could be either buy a reward (like TM24) in the Game Corner or is it the auto-run mechanic from yesterday's update.

My game time was around 20 hours, but now. It's like ?02:06 on my game time. When I save and reset, it reverts to 999:59. I was trying to use a low game time cheat code, even though it's not possible on mGBA.

EDIT: Wonder Trade is a little buggy. Especially Wobbufet learns Arm Thrust and Return from wonder trade.

Using any cheats is not recommended and will likely destroy your save file with the anti-cheat function Riolu has set it place.

Wobbufet apparently learns Return in ROWE, as I've encountered a trainer wirh that as a move. Unsure if it's a glitch

Hello,

when i visit players home. The dialog for latios ans latias comes up and the hole time im outside of the house in the Black space. When the dialog is over im stuck. I cant walk or fly out im just stuck. I had to close the game to get out. And when i tried diving in the abandoned ship the dialog popped up but nothing happended.

This may be a rom issue on your part but I'll test it on my end as well. Did you use the online patcher? It's recommended since it'll tell you if there's a rom mismatch.

I've encountered another issue. The acro bike rails don't work properly when trying to hop-strafe to a parallel rail, thus making them unpassable. Unless I'm doing something wrong or missing something.

Are you by chance playing with touch only controls? I have this issue using MyBoy but when I switch to hardware or something with physical controls, it works.

This Rom Hack was everything I always wanted for a Rom Hack
    Not bound to a storyline and you do you
    None National Dex cut ahahkjask
    There's even Pokemon following you
    and this was the most well made Rom Hack I have ever seen of Emerald besides Inclement Emerald
    but I noticed some final evo of starters don't have following sprites and I wanna know if they'll receive following sprites in the future

Follower sprites take up a lot of space and because Riolu has very little left to work with, he likely won't add more.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Thanks for the warning jastolze007.

I start a new game because of infinite money. Not that I care for one shiny pokemon I've caught, and it's not competitive.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    J3aRAPa.png
    I entered the dewford gym and...

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2022
    Hey so i tried playing this game and it keeps crashing. Is this not able to be played on john gba?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good day everyone , today I would like to release a little big update that adds one of the most requested features, Achievements that give you an special
    reward upon completition, there are around 30 working achievements right now but I plan to add up to 100 so please keep playing the game and discover all of them
    Changelog 1.6.8
    -Added an Achievement feature to the game, you can access to its menu by pressing select in the start menu
    -Added around 30 working achievements, they are unlocked after you do a certain tasks and tell you your progress after unlocking
    after you complete them you may get some generous rewards or some items themed after the achievement name, if you see an achievement marked
    as disabled that means that it hasn't been coded yet since I made space for 100 different achievements that I plan to add little by litte
    NOTE: I won't say anything about how to find each achievement, I want all of you to find them yourself since finding them is part of the fun, you can
    however help yourselves as a community just don't ask any mod for information about them.
    -Added AZ Floette as this version mystery gift, you can access to it from the Mystery Gift menu after you have 8 badges as it comes at level 50 with
    an Special move and a Roseli Berry
    -Added gender differences for the next pokemon: Unfezant, Pyroar, Frillish and its evolution
    -Added some new items to the game like Gracidea, Old Gateu, Adamant Orb, Lustrous Orb, Griseous Orb, Latiosite, Latiasite and Cherish Ball Seal as exclusive rewards for Achievements.
    -Now you are able to get mega stones in multiple ways
    -Added Mega Latios, Mega Latias and Shaymin Sky Form to the game
    -Now you can use Cut, Teleport, Softboiled, Milk Drink and Sweet Scent without having to have them in your pokemon as long as they learn it by tutor or by Leveling Up
    -Other misc changes and secret to the game.
    Screenshots:
    RrPbpWy.png

Download link:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzon1hu5cjej0zo/Pokemon_ROWE.zip/file
    or Patch the game using our ROWE Patcher
    https://belialclover.github.io/Rowe-Patcher/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2023
    I just want to say thank you for the frequent updates to your rom hack even if they're small cause they give me motivation to play it again.

Edit: btw, is this game using the CFRU engine?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Alcremie doesn't seem to have accesses to TMs as it should.

Using the move tutor:
    The blue nurse Joy says: "It doesn't seem like that Pokemon has any moves that it can remember"
    It can't seem to use the egg move option either (*which is weird because I caught the thing with a dexnav - and it had last resort.* so the egg moves, all 2 of them, are written somewhere)
    And... the only move it can learn via the "Tutor a Move" option is Mega Kick of all things.
    (which of course it shouldn't have access to at all lol).

Using TMs from the bag:
    It can't learn calm mind, light screen, and protect.
    I guess it can't learn any TM at all (given the move tutor thingy above).

For the record, the dex does show it has a bunch of moves it can learn using TMs and tutoring though.
    And so does the raw data in the documentation.
    Hopefully it's just an oddity with Alcremie (it's the first/only gen 8 Pokemon I used so far).

I'm using mGBA (latest build) and playing version 1.6.7.
    Patched a clean (TrashMan) with the website.
    This is one of the best rom hacks I've ever played (I'm on a 2nd playthrough right now) - I still can't believe something like this even exists - you're awesome :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Alcremie doesn't seem to have accesses to TMs as it should.

Using the move tutor:
    The blue nurse Joy says: "It doesn't seem like that Pokemon has any moves that it can remember"
    It can't seem to use the egg move option either (*which is weird because I caught the thing with a dexnav - and it had last resort.* so the egg moves, all 2 of them, are written somewhere)
    And... the only move it can learn via the "Tutor a Move" option is Mega Kick of all things.
    (which of course it shouldn't have access to at all lol).

Using TMs from the bag:
    It can't learn calm mind, light screen, and protect.
    I guess it can't learn any TM at all (given the move tutor thingy above).

For the record, the dex does show it has a bunch of moves it can learn using TMs and tutoring though.
    And so does the raw data in the documentation.
    Hopefully it's just an oddity with Alcremie (it's the first/only gen 8 Pokemon I used so far).

I'm using mGBA (latest build) and playing version 1.6.7.
    Patched a clean (TrashMan) with the website.
    This is one of the best rom hacks I've ever played (I'm on a 2nd playthrough right now) - I still can't believe something like this even exists - you're awesome :)

It's probably due to it being its own form. Riolu may have forgotten to add its learnsets.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good Day everyone today I would like to bring you an update focused on adding a feature that I am sure everyone will like, The ability to costumize your character a little by changing its cap color to 730 different colors using the option menu, It also focuses on adding new abilities to the game that will buff some species that were previously rarely used
    Changelog 1.6.9
    Spoiler:

Download link:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzon1hu5cjej0zo/Pokemon_ROWE.zip/file
    or Patch the game using our ROWE Patcher
    https://belialclover.github.io/Rowe-Patcher/

Screenshots:
    47KBuWy.png

Bice

Suffer More
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2024
    Out of curiosity, are battles sped up like in Radical Red or Voyager?

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2023
    I updated to version 1.6.8, but now I want to go to 1.6.9 and get an error "ROM checksum mismatch". What can I do?

i love this project so much.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I found a graphical glitch by pressing start in double battles
    Pokemon ROWE v1.6.9-1.png
    There's also this, I think the gray text doesn't look right with a white background
    Pokemon ROWE v1.6.9-0.png
    Did I patch it wrong or is this normal?
    Is there a way to reset the clock?

Sazandora800

Hydreigon enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2023
    I don't know any other ways on how to report this glitch, so I'll type it here. While in the Battle Tent in Slateport City, I came up against a trainer's Kecleon with my Feraligatr. As soon as Kecleon was sent in, my Feraligatr's sprite began to glow and the game brought up that box that pops up when an ability activates, stating "Feraligatr's Torrent", and Feraligatr's evasion rose but then I got a "But it failed!" message afterwards, and the game locked up. Music keeps playing but my controls are locked. Version 1.6.9 on mGBA, I used the online patcher.

EDIT: This glitch happens again even if I send out a different pokemon. That pokemon's ability "activates", an evasion boost happens, I get a "But it failed!"-message, and controls lock up. Always and only against Kecleon.

EDIT #2: Found a wild Kecleon, its ability activated and gave it an evasion boost, but the game did not lock up. So far this seems to only happen with Kecleon encountered in the Battle Tent, I caught myself a Kecleon and tested it in a gym, its ability worked as intended and I did not get a repeat of the glitch in the Battle Tent.

Last edited:
    Back