• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
  • So after beat the Elite Four I try to catch kyogre every time Im going to the cave the entrance is closed. Why? I update the game and the same error or I need to do something before?
    Also is any way to see quests someone mentioned that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2022
    So after beat the Elite Four I try to catch kyogre every time Im going to the cave the entrance is closed. Why? I update the game and the same error or I need to do something before?
    Also is any way to see quests someone mentioned that.

Kyogre is in seafloor cavern
    Groudon is in magma hideout

Years
  • After the new update (1.7.2) I tried pyramid challenge in battle frontier. If you try to use your bag the custom menu pop up is brown and if you try to go somewhere is crashed. But if you press b after you press start the original menu of the pyramid pop up but still can't use your items game crash

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2022
    After the new update (1.7.2) I tried pyramid challenge in battle frontier. If you try to use your bag the custom menu pop up is brown and if you try to go somewhere is crashed. But if you press b after you press start the original menu of the pyramid pop up but still can't use your items game crash

You need to use the bag the game provided, instead of pressing start and clicking in your bag, click on the "save" option, it opens the actual game menu and you can use the game mode's bag

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2023
    Hi! I just started playing the rom hack, and I absolutely love it! Can you find Pokémon from newer gens in tall grass and stuff? And is there any guide on where all of the Pokémon are? I have no idea where to start looking and I want to find some specific ones.
    I saw in one of the screenshots an old man giving the player a Froakie. Where is that, and is it exclusively a Froakie, or is it other starters as well?

One more thing, can every Pokémon follow you, or only certain ones? There probably isn't a sprite for every single Pokémon up to gen 8, so I'm guessing only the ones from gen 4 and below can follow the player.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hi! I just started playing the rom hack, and I absolutely love it! Can you find Pokémon from newer gens in tall grass and stuff? And is there any guide on where all of the Pokémon are? I have no idea where to start looking and I want to find some specific ones.
    I saw in one of the screenshots an old man giving the player a Froakie. Where is that, and is it exclusively a Froakie, or is it other starters as well?

One more thing, can every Pokémon follow you, or only certain ones? There probably isn't a sprite for every single Pokémon up to gen 8, so I'm guessing only the ones from gen 4 and below can follow the player.

Pokemon from all Gens 1-8 are available with the exception of Hisuian forms. Documentation exists on the Discord linked in the first post.

All starters from all generations can be obtained. The only Pokemon that aren't currently obtainable are most non-vanilla Emerald Legends.

Only specific Pokemon can follow. There's a list of followers on the Discord.

i just did not understood how to download the rom

Where did you get lost at? You're downloading a patch file, not the rom itself
    Distributing rom files is illegal and not allowed. You'll need a supported Emerald rom and patch it with the file provided using an application that does the patching.

Look up videos of tutorials on GBA rom patching help for further assistance.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    First of all this is the first ever rom hack i played and im loving it (especially since i never played any pokemon games after pokemon emerald{rom} since i couldnt afford buying a console)
    now this is just a stupid question but how can you see the pokemon's exp outside of the battle and how do you see the alternate move stats(where it says how cool/cute/tough/etc the move is), also i just realised that im playing in an outdated version (1.6.2 (i think)) and that mightve been the problem

ngl dont care much about the alternate move stats but i would like to see the exp thing
    and will someone how to get into the cave in the battle front

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    First of all this is the first ever rom hack i played and im loving it (especially since i never played any pokemon games after pokemon emerald{rom} since i couldnt afford buying a console)
    now this is just a stupid question but how can you see the pokemon's exp outside of the battle and how do you see the alternate move stats(where it says how cool/cute/tough/etc the move is), also i just realised that im playing in an outdated version (1.6.2 (i think)) and that mightve been the problem

ngl dont care much about the alternate move stats but i would like to see the exp thing
    and will someone how to get into the cave in the battle front

Current EXP isn't visible any longer.

You can check the contest data when learning via the move tutor in any PC.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2022
    When you say certain legendaries can be traded with vanilla emerald version, how is that possible with a rom hack?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    This is honestly the best romhack I've ever played bar none. It removes so much tedium from the original game.

A few features to further reduce the tedium I'd like to see added if possible:

-A PocketCenter a la Inclement Emerald/Inflamed Red, but with unlimited use. I don't know why they made it necessary to charge it after using it, since it doesn't really add difficulty as much as wasted time going back to the Pokémon Center.

Even better if there was an option to make it automatically heal your team after every battle.

-PocketPC. Makes using 7+ teams a breeze, especially against the E4.

-Toggeable random encounters. I don't know if those are possible, but after I catch the Pokémon I'm interested in, I don't really care about random encounters.

An alternative would be giving 999 Max Repels to the player from the start plus making them available for dirt cheap.

-999 escape ropes from the start and making them dirt cheap.

-Have all competitive items/berries etc. available everywhere for dirt cheap.

-Having some rematchable trainers for grinding where you double battle Blisseys or Audinos. Much faster than PokéRadar'ing Audinos in the wild.

Also a nitpick I have is that Megas are available only after beating the last gym. I think making them available after the 2nd or 3rd one would be better.

I realize this is quite a lot of stuff and I hope I don't come off as unappreciative of all the effort put into this romhack.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Hi Rioluwott, I am planning a romhack for Emerald that also involves an open world (Removing the story and opening gym order) and I was wondering what flags and changes you had to make for that to work.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    When you say certain legendaries can be traded with vanilla emerald version, how is that possible with a rom hack?

Trading with vanilla Emerald has checks in place to ensure no Pokemon/moves/abilities that didn't exist in original Emerald can connect with ROWE.

also last question, does anyone know how to patch without losing my save data?
    It usually depends on the emulator you're using but the process is mostly the same. I don't know if there are other ways of doing this but here's how i do it.

I get a new copy of Emerald

I patch it with the new version

Name the file with the same name as the old version

Delete the old version

That should work. But if for some reason you want to change the file name you'll have to look for the .sav file of your game and change it to the name of the new version.

Sazandora800

Hydreigon enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2023
    Yeah but how do I trade between the roms? Like how does that work?

I'm using mGBA to play Rowe so here's how it works:
    1. Open mGBA
    2. Open File-menu, select "New multiplayer window" at the bottom of the list
    3. This opens up a second mGBA window, now start up Rowe on one window and Pokémon Emerald on the other
    4. Head upstairs in any Pokémon Center and talk to the nurse on the right edge of the screen to access multiplayer features
    5. In Rowe, select "UD Trade Center" or Colosseum and when it asks you what dimension you want, pick "vanilla" as that's for Pokémon Emerald
    6. In Emerald, just select trade or colosseum depending on what you want to do
    7. Done. The games will link up as long as you opened the multiplayer window while no rom is currently loaded.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2022
    It usually depends on the emulator you're using but the process is mostly the same. I don't know if there are other ways of doing this but here's how i do it.

I get a new copy of Emerald

I patch it with the new version

Name the file with the same name as the old version

Delete the old version

That should work. But if for some reason you want to change the file name you'll have to look for the .sav file of your game and change it to the name of the new version.

Im playing on my android using myboy! Does it still work the same?

Back