• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen today
    New Update 1.0.7 is out
    Changelog
    -Added daily Gym Leader rematches, just talk to the Gym Leader each day after you defeat it to start the battle
    -Added some icons for gen 8 mons(the pokemon who have no icons will show a greenish egg for now)
    -Added 3 NPC that change 3 colored shards(red,blue,green) for a random starter each day(You can get them from Sunflora, Sharpedo and Camerupt)
    -Added a NPC that gives you a random fossil each day
    -Added a way to revive all the fossils from the NPC in Rustboro
    -Made some more Pokemon available in the wild
    -Made some megastones available(Slowbroite, Pidgeotite, Steelixite)
    -Added Strange Souvenir into Lilycove Shop making Alolan Raichu, Alolan Exeguttor, Alolan Marowak and Galarian Weezing available
    -Made Groudon and Kyogre available on Magma Hideout and Seafloor Cavern after defeating Wallace
    -Trainers now will not use items to balance this i made hard mode not able to use items mid-battle
    -Some minor bug fixes

as usual, tell me if you find any bug

Do you happen to have a .ini file for this that you would be willing to share?
    Could you please rephrase the question, i don't understand it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2021
    New Update 1.0.7 is out
    Changelog
    -Added daily Gym Leader rematches, just talk to the Gym Leader each day after you defeat it to start the battle
    -Added some icons for gen 8 mons(the pokemon who have no icons will show a greenish egg for now)
    -Added 3 NPC that change 3 colored shards(red,blue,green) for a random starter each day(You can get them from Sunflora, Sharpedo and Camerupt)
    -Added a NPC that gives you a random fossil each day
    -Added a way to revive all the fossils from the NPC in Rustboro
    -Made some more Pokemon available in the wild
    -Made some megastones available(Slowbroite, Pidgeotite, Steelixite)
    -Added Strange Souvenir into Lilycove Shop making Alolan Raichu, Alolan Exeguttor, Alolan Marowak and Galarian Weezing available
    -Made Groudon and Kyogre available on Magma Hideout and Seafloor Cavern after defeating Wallace
    -Trainers now will not use items to balance this i made hard mode not able to use items mid-battle
    -Some minor bug fixes

Great stuff!!! :D

can please update the pastebin with the wild encounters?
    thanks!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey loving this so far just started but i had a question. Do you plan on updating the battle frontier with all the new mons, and is there a list of pokemon locations?

Years
    • Seen today
    i evolve barboach and game was crashes
    Are you on the newest update?
    if so, at what level did you evolve your barboach?

Great stuff!!! :D

can please update the pastebin with the wild encounters?
    thanks!
    Here is the updated wild data for 1.0.7
    https://pastebin.com/raw/DHfH1s7P

Hey loving this so far just started but i had a question. Do you plan on updating the battle frontier with all the new mons, and is there a list of pokemon locations?

I may do it in the future but its not on my priority list right now, the list is in the first post and in my previous reply.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Using Overdrive with a Toxtricity resets the game in the middle of the Overdrive animation. (I have 6 badges, taking on Juan's gym trainers with a level 44 Toxtricity)

Otherwise, I have been absolutely loving this hack and it always surprises me what the rom hacking community can do!

EDIT: Just wanted to mention this is in fact on the 1.0.7 update.

Years
    • Seen today
    Using Overdrive with a Toxtricity resets the game in the middle of the Overdrive animation. (I have 6 badges, taking on Juan's gym trainers with a level 44 Toxtricity)

Otherwise, I have been absolutely loving this hack and it always surprises me what the rom hacking community can do!

EDIT: Just wanted to mention this is in fact on the 1.0.7 update.

I checked the issue and its true even with the gba_bios, so it need to be looked at(i don't have any idea of where to start though)
    my guess its that the animation has some kind of bug and i may use hyper voice animation for a while to see if it works
    I found a bug. The Dexnav option in the start menu freezes the game
    this is on 1.0.7
    Could you tell me what map where you on while it froze?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    First off, congrats for the great hack! I'm really enjoying it now with the expanded pokemon selection.

One thing i've been testing a bit is breeding and i would love some clarification on how things work.
    The opening post says "Gen 7 Daycare system" but from my breeding attempts i'm not sure if the breeding mechanics are updated (Gen 3 breeding is super tedious).

1. Nature inheritance via Everstone seems to be the same as Gen 3, meaning it's only a 50% chance to pass down the nature and the one holding the stone has to be the female or the Ditto.
    2 Unsure how IV inheritance works. Breeding with the perfect IV Ditto + a perfect IV parent + Destiny Knot seems to produce mostly offsprings with 3 perfect IVs (instead of the expected 5 from Gen 7). HP and Defense seem rarer to hit 31 (in my limited experience) so maybe Gen 3 calculations still take place.
    3. Unsure how Hidden ability inheritance is handled
    4. The Day Care can level your pokes beyond the level cap. This is mostly annoying because pokemon in the Day care can level up fast and learn lots of moves quickly, making it hard to pass down Egg moves since they can disappear pretty fast on certain learnsets.

Anyway that's all i have to report so far, thanks again for the super enjoyable hack!

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    I checked the issue and its true even with the gba_bios, so it need to be looked at(i don't have any idea of where to start though)
    my guess its that the animation has some kind of bug and i may use hyper voice animation for a while to see if it works

Well, good to know it wasn't something I'd done by accident or what have you. I'll stick with Discharge right now until a new update/fix comes out. Thank you!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    it happens on any map, but I first encountered the issue in a map that i probably shouldn't have tried it tho (Lilycove Pokemon Center) (I am using MyBoy on android tho, so that might be the problem.) Which maps are you supposed to use it on?

Years
    • Seen today
    it happens on any map, but I first encountered the issue in a map that i probably shouldn't have tried it tho (Lilycove Pokemon Center) (I am using MyBoy on android tho, so that might be the problem.) Which maps are you supposed to use it on?

all the maps are supposed to work. I just checked on all the maps in Lilycove and i couldn't duplicate the issue, its either random or Myboy! related, i use mGBA to test it by the way, i may check it on myboy later
    but there was an issue like that on older versions that i already took care of thats why i ask for version when someone tells me about this dexnav issue

Years
    • Seen today
    My Toxel has the Naughty nature but it evolved into Toxtricity's Low Key Form instead of Amped. Are the forms tied to natures in this game or are they random?

Also, have you ever thought of putting out a list of where to get certain items besides the ones already mentioned?

Years
    • Seen today
    A little new update is out mainly focused in the Daycare System
    Here is the changelog
    -Removed Overdrive from Toxtricity as a temporally fix since it crashes the game
    -Daycare now won´t level up your Pokemon like gen 7
    -Breeding with Destiny Knot will now work like gen 6
    -Nature inheritance via Everstone should work as gen 6
    -Daycare will always cost $500 like gen 7
    -Some minor bug fixes as always

if anyone knows a good server to upload the patches that tells me how many times it has been downloaded please tell me, im curious of those things

My Toxel has the Naughty nature but it evolved into Toxtricity's Low Key Form instead of Amped. Are the forms tied to natures in this game or are they random?

Also, have you ever thought of putting out a list of where to get certain items besides the ones already mentioned?
    Since all the gen 8 new methods are not in this hack i had to change most of them to level up evolutions
    some of the split evolutions are changed to level up by day/night including Toxtricity, thats why you got that form

as of the items, there is a lot to cover regarding those so i don´t think i will make that any time soon since this is going to change a lot as the time goes and it would take a lot of time to make it each time so im either waiting to finish the game first or make sure that im not gonna add more items or make any changes
    i rather take that time to fix bugs or add more content for now since its my personal project and thats why i make everything myself
    but important items should be where you get Hms, after battling Gym Leaders or in shops

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2021
    Hi sir
    I restarted with sandygast but it still cant evolve. It evolved in lvl 30 but i cancel then i try in lvl 42 but the game freeze too.
    1 more bug with Dexnav when i came back with save file then use Dexnav the game crashed

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Wow, thanks for the lightning fast Breeding update!

A quick check showed me Everstone and Destiny Knot work as they should now.
    The only thing i still can't figure out is Ability Inheritance, especially for Hidden abilities.
    I've never had an offspring with a Hidden ability no matter the parent's HA combination (poor Sableye).
    Maybe that part isn't updated yet or maybe Ability Capsules now cycle through the HA too (can't buy them yet to test).

Anyway thanks yet again.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2021
    Good afternoon,

after some trial and error, it seems like that pokemon that the dexnav says should have held items, don't actually hold them (thief not working and Frisk doesn't see the item)

Years
    • Seen today
    Regarding the Dexnav freezing the game in some areas(Areas with no encounters)
    it seems its a problem with MyBoy!, its a really old emulator so it may not work well with this romhack
    I recommend using Pizza Boy GBA since i checked it and it works well with the Dexnav
    Im mostly checking the game using mGBA on PC since im told that thats the most accurate emulator so i recommend using it on PC
    and the problems about the IVs and Items from the dexnav will be fixed in a future update
    I will check if the evolution issue is because MyBoy! too and edit this post according to my findings

EDIT: i just checked the evolutions on MyBoy! and they seem to work fine, so if you have this error that crashed the game in certain evolutions please tell me what emulator you are using
    I checked the next evolutions
    Barboach
    Sandyghast
    Poochyeena
    Elektrike
    Sandile
    Magnemite
    Zigzagoon
    Tentacool
    Cubchoo
    Graveler
    Alolan Vulpix

Wow, thanks for the lightning fast Breeding update!

A quick check showed me Everstone and Destiny Knot work as they should now.
    The only thing i still can't figure out is Ability Inheritance, especially for Hidden abilities.
    I've never had an offspring with a Hidden ability no matter the parent's HA combination (poor Sableye).
    Maybe that part isn't updated yet or maybe Ability Capsules now cycle through the HA too (can't buy them yet to test).

Anyway thanks yet again.

I haven't implemented Hidden Abilities when breeding but i will in a future, regarding Ability Capsules, they work like in the main games so you can´t use it to get an HA.
    I would like to implement a NPC that changes both abilities and natures but i don't know where to start. and maybe implement bottlecaps to increase IVs after beating the game

Last edited:
    Back