• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Hi all

Started playing this yesterday, and so far I'm enjoying it, but I have a weird question
    [1] How do you guys recommend going about this game? However, due to this game being an open world where the level cap actually changes the wild encounters (as they also level up), how do you recommend going about it? Exploring the full map, getting whatever I want and only after that going for the Gym battles?

[2] Also, I tried playing on normal difficulty first, and encountered a weird issue. When I reached the level cap, my pokemon still get EXP and can even level up, but when they do they don't get any extra stats I'm not sure if the stats are re-calculated once the level cap increases, as I didn't record the stats I had before and after I got another badge
    Restarted the game on hard difficulty, and there level caps work as expected (so much better in my opinion)

[3] And last, what exactly do the stars on the DexNav page represent?
    Because usually they mean that you are guaranteed to have X perfect IVs on the encounter (X being 1 - 3, for the 1 - 3 stars)But when I first tried the game, I didn't see that behavior at all. So is this different here than in other DexNav implementations?

I separated your quote in different sections to answer all of your questions.

1: It totally depends on your preference. I personally get a random starter and if I...
    A: Want an easy mode, I tackle that starters weakness in terms of gym types first. As your badge number increases, it's actually much more difficult to beat leaders due to movesets and IV/EV investments.
    B: Want a challenge, I'd do the opposite of point A and tackle the gyms in the reverse order. And, for an added bonus, try a mono type challenge with no legends and nuzlocke
    C: Want a casual run, I'd just play gyms in order of vanilla games. I personally play or have played Inverse mode, perfect IV's, among others.
    *Note: Some have reported if you save Norman for last, he doesn't give you a badge.

2: What modes did you enable at start? One of them makes everything basically level 5, in terms of stats. If you're experiencing those stat changes in other levels, I'd contact Riolu on Discord. (Make sure to read the documentation and rules, they consistently have to redirect others to do that)

3: Stars generally represent, as you mentioned, how many perfect IV's they have. 3 can represent more or equal to. If you're playing on Perfect IV mode, the stars aren't calculated to show the 3 stars. But, they all have six perfect IV's.

Hope this helped. I'd recommend joining their Discord. They are super quick to answer most questions, within minutes, or sometimes seconds.

Years
    • Seen today
    I separated your quote in different sections to answer all of your questions.

1: It totally depends on your preference. I personally get a random starter and if I...
    A: Want an easy mode, I tackle that starters weakness in terms of gym types first. As your badge number increases, it's actually much more difficult to beat leaders due to movesets and IV/EV investments.
    B: Want a challenge, I'd do the opposite of point A and tackle the gyms in the reverse order. And, for an added bonus, try a mono type challenge with no legends and nuzlocke
    C: Want a casual run, I'd just play gyms in order of vanilla games. I personally play or have played Inverse mode, perfect IV's, among others.
    *Note: Some have reported if you save Norman for last, he doesn't give you a badge.

2: What modes did you enable at start? One of them makes everything basically level 5, in terms of stats. If you're experiencing those stat changes in other levels, I'd contact Riolu on Discord. (Make sure to read the documentation and rules, they consistently have to redirect others to do that)

3: Stars generally represent, as you mentioned, how many perfect IV's they have. 3 can represent more or equal to. If you're playing on Perfect IV mode, the stars aren't calculated to show the 3 stars. But, they all have six perfect IV's.

Hope this helped. I'd recommend joining their Discord. They are super quick to answer most questions, within minutes, or sometimes seconds.

Hi

The first attempt I made (just a few hours) was on normal difficulty, no modifiers
    That is where I found the issue with the stars (I say issue, it is just not behaving the way I'm expecting, after playing games like Radical Red or Unbound)

My current attempt is on Hard difficulty, with Perfect IVs modifier, just to prevent farming for good IVs, as I didn't see any mention of an IV perfecter, and after seeing how the stars system behaves

As for the way to play the game, what I'm actually asking is the following:
    Do you fully explore the map, visit every major city, catch whatever you want, and then go for the gyms?
    Or do you play it like a normal game, visiting the routes between cities, beating the gym and continuing forward?

I don't do nuzlockes, at least I haven't tried any thus far, and I wouldn't start with a rom hack or fan game for my first one
    And I think I'm planning on going through the gyms in the canonical order of the original game
    I'm just not sure how I should approach the open world aspect of the game

Seems like I missed the discord link on the main post
    I'll also ask there, it'll be interesting to hear what they say

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2022
    Hi, im desperately struggling to use PKHEX on this game. If anyone knows how, please let me know. Thanks

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Hi, im desperately struggling to use PKHEX on this game. If anyone knows how, please let me know. Thanks

PKHex isn't compatible with hacks using the pokeemerald source. You'll end up corrupting your save. And before you ask, don't cheat either. The creator made it to where it auto deletes your save if it detects tampering (Which, it will detect)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Hi

The first attempt I made (just a few hours) was on normal difficulty, no modifiers
    That is where I found the issue with the stars (I say issue, it is just not behaving the way I'm expecting, after playing games like Radical Red or Unbound)

My current attempt is on Hard difficulty, with Perfect IVs modifier, just to prevent farming for good IVs, as I didn't see any mention of an IV perfecter, and after seeing how the stars system behaves

As for the way to play the game, what I'm actually asking is the following:
    Do you fully explore the map, visit every major city, catch whatever you want, and then go for the gyms?
    Or do you play it like a normal game, visiting the routes between cities, beating the gym and continuing forward?

I don't do nuzlockes, at least I haven't tried any thus far, and I wouldn't start with a rom hack or fan game for my first one
    And I think I'm planning on going through the gyms in the canonical order of the original game
    I'm just not sure how I should approach the open world aspect of the game

Seems like I missed the discord link on the main post
    I'll also ask there, it'll be interesting to hear what they say

Definitely ask of Discord. They're incredibly helpful.

Regarding your question, since all non legends are available at some point in game, I'd say it's your call. Part of the fun of playing ROWE is the customization. So, if you want to catch em all (living dex; Fully evolved only) then go face the gyms you can. I personally like finding a team of six and sticking with it the whole way through. You can also do a speed run or, as I mentioned earlier, a monotype or theme typed challenge.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Hello, I would like to start by congratulating your project, I have a lot of fun with it I also recommended it to some friends, I liked the open world system, but I'm here to inform you about an error that happens when you collect all the badges and decides to perform the BREEDING, I do everything normally but when I collected the eighth badge the system started to fail, the Ditto I use do not pass but their Natures when they are holding an Everstone, this really took the credits because so far the game was going well, there were some problems here and there but nothing that relevant, and another problem is about the Hidden Ability, sometimes the pokémon I'm looking for doesn't want to appear with the skill I already had more than 300 pokémon found with DEXNAV but not one of them with Hidden, so maybe it increased the difficulty of some pokémon I don't know but I found it a little tiring, it also happened that pokémon came in the last evolutionary stage in B REEDING, but anyway these are some problems that I wanted to inform about the game, I really like the project a lot so I'm here helping to improve it and it keeps evolving

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2022
    Hey! I'm loving this so far! Is there any sort of way to reset/redo EVS aside from berries? I can't seem to find/think of any separate way to do it aside from berries which take forever. Much love and can't wait to see how far this romhack goes!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Hey! I'm loving this so far! Is there any sort of way to reset/redo EVS aside from berries? I can't seem to find/think of any separate way to do it aside from berries which take forever. Much love and can't wait to see how far this romhack goes!

Yes, berries are the only way currently to remove EV's. They're inexpensive though. You can also max them with the Macho Brace (Obtainable before the 1st badge) and it's 10x EV's in ROWE as opposed to 2x.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello everyone, I would like to bring you all an update after some time that adds a way to
    modify your EVs in your Pokemon is over level 90, a graphical update for the Item Bag, 2 new Legendaries to the game and other changes like
    making the Exiolite a consumable item making you able to use held items with those Pokemon

Changelog 1.6.4
    -You can now Redistribute your Pokemon Evs however you like if your Pokémon has reached level 90 using the Summary Screen
    -The Bag menu graphics have been updated
    -Made Moltres and Entei obtainable without trading
    -Added Hyper Voice and Close Combat as new Move Tutors
    -Now the Exiolite is a consumable item that prevents your Pokémon from evolving and Boost your stats if the
    Pokémon is able to evolve so now you are able to hold other items while using the exiolite boost(eviolite will not work with the exiolite boost)
    -You can see if you have used the exiolite in a specific mon in the summary screen checking the blue exiolite icon near the Pokémon level
    -Vigoroth now gets Slaking HP, Def, Sp.Atk and Sp,Def with exiolite
    -Changed the summary screen to display the hidden power type
    -Added an item that changes a Pokémon speed IV to 0, you can buy it in the Pokemon League and Oldale Town
    -Now you can buy Power Candies in the Pokemon League shop without having to talk to the NPC
    -Power Candies now power ups your Pokemon Ivs by 1 to 6 Ivs in each stat depending on your luck
    -You can now buy Ability Patches in the Pokemon League with the NPC that used to sell you Power Candies for 9000
    -Fixed Wimp out and Emergency Exit triggering with 1 Pokemon in your Party
    -Fixed the Dexnav Perfect Ivs bug
    -Fixed Egg Move Tutor not taking into account alternate forms
    -Fixed Shiny Milotic Palette
    -Fixed other bugs and some other misc changes

Here is the download Link
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzon1hu5cjej0zo/Pokemon_ROWE.zip/file
    The Documentation was updated for this update

Here are some Gifs of the changes made
    Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)
    Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

EDIT: I just fixed a little issue some people were having with the new legendaries, if you want to catch them please update again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Wow everytime I think this can't get any better you come up with new things and just impress me more and more. ❤

Years
    • Seen today
    Good night everyone today I would like to bring a little update focused on adding some new Signature Moves and some balance changes for the First part of Hoenn Pokemon to make them a little better along with a new thing for the game that makes powerful moves weaker early in the game for balance reasons, here is the changelog:

Changelog 1.6.4.1
    -Added a move Power limiter, if a Move has a Power over this limit its power will go down to match that limit
    -Example: If you use Earthquake with 0 badges the move becomes a 60bp move instead of 100
    -Example 2: If you use Psychic with 0 badges the move becomes a 60bp move
    This is to balance the game since you can get most TMs early in the game or some Pokemon like Mawile
    get powerful moves at level 1 like Iron Head or Fire Fang
    Note: This will also make some Leaders have powerful moves early on like thunderbolt or ice punch but those
    moves will also be limited in their power since it also affects NPCs(only on Normal and Hard Mode)
    -Added some new Signature moves to Pokemon like Qwilfish, Linoone, Mihtyenna and other Pokemon
    (Check the new file in the Documentation called Signature Moves to see all of them)
    Examples
    -Using Extremespeed with Linoone will make your Pokemon Raise its speed stat by 1
    -Using Pin missile with Qwilfish makes the move Poison type and have a Poison Chance after each hit
    -Rain Dance weather duration becomes 8 if used by Ludicolo without holding a Damp Rock
    -Crunch becomes Dragon type if used by Tyrunt and its Evo
    -Added two new Abilities:
    -Early Evolver(Beautifly and Butterfree)
    Boost moves with less than 40 base power by 2 if the Pokemon Level is over 50, if its between level 30 and 50 they gets boosted by 1.5
    it also boost moves with a base power between 41-60 by 1.5 if the user is over level 30
    -Cacaphony(Whismur Family)
    Boost Sound Moves and Hits ghost types with Normal type sound based moves
    -More Balance changes to the first part of Hoenn Pokemon
    -Reworked Norman Battle script to avoid any problem while getting the final badge
    -Reworked some Leader movesets to have better coverage in Normal/Hard Mode early in the game but some moves will get their power limited so they won't
    be as powerful as other difficult games.
    -Other bugfixes and changes

Download link:
    or Patch the game using our ROWE Patcher
    https://belialclover.github.io/Rowe-Patcher/

The documentations and the Patcher have been updated

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    Good night everyone today I would like to bring a little update focused on adding some new Signature Moves and some balance changes for the First part of Hoenn Pokemon to make them a little better along with a new thing for the game that makes powerful moves weaker early in the game for balance reasons, here is the changelog:

Changelog 1.6.4.1
    -Added a move Power limiter, if a Move has a Power over this limit its power will go down to match that limit
    -Example: If you use Earthquake with 0 badges the move becomes a 60bp move instead of 100
    -Example 2: If you use Psychic with 0 badges the move becomes a 60bp move
    This is to balance the game since you can get most TMs early in the game or some Pokemon like Mawile
    get powerful moves at level 1 like Iron Head or Fire Fang
    Note: This will also make some Leaders have powerful moves early on like thunderbolt or ice punch but those
    moves will also be limited in their power since it also affects NPCs(only on Normal and Hard Mode)
    -Added some new Signature moves to Pokemon like Qwilfish, Linoone, Mihtyenna and other Pokemon
    (Check the new file in the Documentation called Signature Moves to see all of them)
    Examples
    -Using Extremespeed with Linoone will make your Pokemon Raise its speed stat by 1
    -Using Pin missile with Qwilfish makes the move Poison type and have a Poison Chance after each hit
    -Rain Dance weather duration becomes 8 if used by Ludicolo without holding a Damp Rock
    -Crunch becomes Dragon type if used by Tyrunt and its Evo
    -Added two new Abilities:
    -Early Evolver(Beautifly and Butterfree)
    Boost moves with less than 40 base power by 2 if the Pokemon Level is over 50, if its between level 30 and 50 they gets boosted by 1.5
    it also boost moves with a base power between 41-60 by 1.5 if the user is over level 30
    -Cacaphony(Whismur Family)
    Boost Sound Moves and Hits ghost types with Normal type sound based moves
    -More Balance changes to the first part of Hoenn Pokemon
    -Reworked Norman Battle script to avoid any problem while getting the final badge
    -Reworked some Leader movesets to have better coverage in Normal/Hard Mode early in the game but some moves will get their power limited so they won't
    be as powerful as other difficult games.
    -Other bugfixes and changes

Download link:
    or Patch the game using our ROWE Patcher
    https://belialclover.github.io/Rowe-Patcher/

The documentations and the Patcher have been updated

Thank you so much for your work. The game is so great.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2023
    Hello! Is there a list of boss trainers teams like Gym leaders, rival and E4? Since I want to nuzlocke it that would help me a lot

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2023
    Hi riolu,

There are a few bugs i encountered after patching to the new version.

1) My pokemon will gain 1 HP ev everytime i go and view its summary screen.

2) When i dexnav a pokemon for the first time it shows the correct level but after that i dexnav again the pokemon appears to be 50 levels higher

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2022
    Hi where to I find the Altarianite? I've already rematched Winona after beating all the gyms and she gave me a TM instead of the mega stone I'm also patched to 1.6.4.1

Back