• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon RED and BLUE ADVANCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Each Pok?mon gives out a certain type of EV and a certain number of it, regardless of the level. So, if you fight a bunch of Linoone, you will get 2 Speed EV from each one, be they level 100 or 2.

The way it worked in RBYGSC was, it gave EVs based on that Pok?mon stats at 50, I think.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • Yeah but do you have to actually level up against the Linoone? If you just fight any old weak monsters and raise your stats like that then it'd only take a few minutes to max a certain statistic, surely. :\

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    You don't have to level up, no. You get EVs every time you defeat a Pok?mon, meaning if you don't watch everything you fight, you'll end up with poor distribution. To see the stat effect, you can deposit them int he PC and take them out if it's level 100 already before you fight any Pok?mon from say, candies.

Keep in mind the most a Pok?mon gives is 3, and a stat maxes at 252.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • Eugh. Sounds very boring. I'm guessing my geezers have low distribution levels, seeing as most of their stats are only around 180-220 as they approach level 100. >_<

The system's pretty unfair to those little kiddies who first pick up the game though. How the **** are they supposed to know about all that stuff.

Oh my, it censors the word 'h3ll'. Give me strength.

Last edited:

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    That's just it--you don't need it for in-game battles, it only comes to light with online battling or link battles.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • Well, most people are going to have link battles, you know. It's one of the main attractions of the game after all.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    However, if two equally unknowing people link up, neither one's at a real advantage. As I said, it's mostly for online battling with simulators using the engine. That is the high-level play, and it needs depth. The actual training to get the EVs means nothing, it's just embedded in the gameplay, and the actual cart and in-game stuff is only frosting.

Yes, we censor everything. You can deal with it.

Anyways, this is off the topic of the FR and LG... ^_^;

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • Hahaha, 'I can deal with it' can I? Do I detect a touch of hostility? Tut tut.

Off-topic or not, this is just a message board. It won't explode if you stray off the matter at hand. In fact, keeping directly in touch with a topic at all times gets boring after a while, so it's a good idea to spin away from it for a page or so. Like this actually. Raa. :chinese:

Years
  • ya r really gettin of topic, u could of just pm eachother instead of havin ur discussion hea cuz ya got me confused and i suppose some other ppl too so lets get back on topic and talk about red and green. And Kairi you being a moderator should of stoped this at da beggining or like i said b4 u could of just pm'd her.

Last edited:

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It was a discussion that debated if EVs are good or not, and if they should be in the remakes, thus it was still about the remakes. I'm the mod, you don't need to tell me what to do.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    You mean for the trainers like Ash? Because I thought the Pok?mon sprites were the RS ones. Anyways, yeah Ash looks great.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • DragonMaster said:
    ya r really gettin of topic, u could of just pm eachother instead of havin ur discussion hea cuz ya got me confused and i suppose some other ppl too so lets get back on topic and talk about red and green. And Kairi you being a moderator should of stoped this at da beggining or like i said b4 u could of just pm'd her.

Her?!

I knew the Kelly Clarkson avatar would confuse >_<. I'm male, ok.

This message board is for discussions, and from what I can tell me and whatserface were having a discussion. If it was restricted to PM's then no-one else would have a chance to get involved in the discussion, which incidently, is right on-topic. So what are you crying about?

For the sake of staying on topic though: these remarks will be good. Yipee. :pirate:

Actually, has anyone got a site with screenshots on it? I can't be bothered to sift through the thread, and one of the links I clicked slowed my computer down to a snail's pace.

Fire Master

Fire Pokemon Master (FPM)
    Years
  • well here are some pictures.
    Pokemon RED and BLUE ADVANCE

Pokemon RED and BLUE ADVANCE

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I have a theory: Perhaps the new red and greeen games will also hold g/s pokemon.Or they would remake g/s/c too, so they could get even richer.Though I'm hoping that the remakes will hold g/s/c pokemon.

Last edited:

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Colosseum having the GSC Pok?mon through capture mode and FR and LG being for the RBY Pok?mon in the strongest theory right now. ^_^

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    So to get all that, you will need a gamecube, link cable, colosseum, FR and LG

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back