• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Revenge/Team Dark Evolution [now recruiting]

Years
  • Seeming as people are wondering, this is what a bit of the tiles look like so far.

Few Abnormalities as they are not quite perfected yet.
    They are going to look Slightly different from the earlier screenshots as i have been learning and changing things around as i go on.

Am only doing tilesets one and two as they shall both hopefully have all we need on them and the indoor tiles are fine the way they are.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • Seeming as people are wondering, this is what a bit of the tiles look like so far.

They are going to look Slightly different from the earlier screenshots as i have been learning and changing things around as i go on.

Am only doing tilesets one and two as they shall both hopefully have all we need on them and the indoor tiles are fine the way they are.

Sweet! Thanks for the preview, can't wait to see what they look like in-game!

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I just read up on the latest, and I think we should take out the weakest starters and such. Any thing with below 450 BST should be not usually since it would be to hard to use and fight with. If you can't find the base stats, tell me the pokemon and I can get them really fast.

Ok sure we can do that. Since 3 of them will be changed since they are replacing current mons. Froakie is replacing oddish and fenikin is replacing weedle.

Seeming as people are wondering, this is what a bit of the tiles look like so far.

Looks great. Great job.

I got help with the errors in the scripts i worked on so now i can use them as layouts so now i can do them faster.

Years
  • Ok sure we can do that. Since 3 of them will be changed since they are replacing current mons. Froakie is replacing oddish and fenikin is replacing weedle.
    I don't think replacing any pokemon is a good idea, even if they are terrible. Somehow the people who made Flora Sky added pokemon without replacing others, maybe try their methods to maximize the amount of pokemon we can add. Even better you could trying importing their pokemon data to save time on a lot of pokemon.
    I just read up on the latest, and I think we should take out the weakest starters and such. Any thing with below 450 BST should be not usually since it would be to hard to use and fight with. If you can't find the base stats, tell me the pokemon and I can get them really fast.
    If we're planning on keeping the level of difficulty in the game the same as the real versions then whatever starters we put in it won't matter as they have worked before, anyway there are 6 starters if a player chooses the weakest one it's their loss.

Oh yeah, and a thought for the mega evolution script.
    I know i haven't scripted for ages but maybe some sort of flag script.
    i.e. if a stone is used in battle it sets the flag on and at the end of every battle it checks the flag and if it is on it reverts the evolution.

Last edited:

Ash Ketchum 11

So I've been thinking... We should take up a few ideas and expand them. Maybe modify the player availabilities to Pokemon.

I hope others have noticed this too, but each gen is a little stronger than the last. They only made a mega Tyranitar because he has high base stats (BST). I think he was one of the strongest through gen 1-4, not including legendaries. Mega evolutions we can do, but I don't think there is a item to make them un-mega formed... Is there? I am a poor boy so I never got to played any of the later gens 3-6 in a game other than hacks.

Regarding legendaries: We should put as many legendaries as we can in the game to make it cool. Dragon Pokemon are naturally strong. They are are also usually legendaries (correct me if I wrong, I've been doing some intense Pokemon memorizing since I mastered gen 1, why not master all, right? Lol). Dragon Pokemon have many weaknesses as well. Legendaries can be hard to beat, and as a group we should get together and decide weather or not we should

Starters and Later Pokemon (in-game): We should give the player a chance to get a full set (6) of Pokemon to train with all the way throughout the game. Obviously have them unlock those special Pokemon through triggers in the game, such as battles and chores. I believe a pokemon player that plays a lot, or has, likes to fill all his 6 balls with his choice of best Pokemon. What I do, personally, is that I get the strongest Pokemon in the game right off the bat, the starter of coarse, and a few others. Then I gradually build my teams to have the best in the game. 20 hours in the game, approx, I should have a complete team or at least 5, and the last slot for a Pokemon in mind or just looking for it. I hope everyone understands what I'm trying to say, and you guys get what I'm trying to say. I think you guys should keep in mind that Blaziken is in ubers, so he's super strong, and he's got a mega evolution. Do you guys want that strength floating around the game...? And if there is, should we have the player battle uber Pokemon? Personally, I would want Kyurem-Black in the game, like a starter (I know that's crazy, and a bad/stupid idea) he's strong but has a lot of weaknesses, with a 700 BST he's not uber! At the end of the game, we should do something wild...

The End...(a song... Never mind it's before your guys' time c:): DOING SOMETHING WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such as....... Making all the starters available at the end, so the playing is still interesting. Maybe make quests after league to get them? Is the breeder place available? Maybe we should so the player has something to do (breed) when their stuck/need internet access to ask question. Just a idea...

I wrote all this at home... It took a long time, didn't even get my hw done, lol

GreyBidoof

Years
  • I don't think replacing any pokemon is a good idea, even if they are terrible. Somehow the people who made Flora Sky added pokemon without replacing others, maybe try their methods to maximize the amount of pokemon we can add. Even better you could trying importing their pokemon data to save time on a lot of pokemon.

If we're planning on keeping the level of difficulty in the game the same as the real versions then whatever starters we put in it won't matter as they have worked before, anyway there are 6 starters if a player chooses the weakest one it's their loss.

Oh yeah, and a thought for the mega evolution script.
    I know i haven't scripted for ages but maybe some sort of flag script.
    i.e. if a stone is used in battle it sets the flag on and at the end of every battle it checks the flag and if it is on it reverts the evolution.

It is possible to insert new Pokemon into a ROM without replacing the ones already on there, because I can do that. The problem is that most editor programs, like advance map, will not find these mons. This makes actually putting these Pokemon into the game a lot more difficult. It would be fine if it was just a few, because then you could just script a few encounters/give Pokemon scripts and be done. But doing that with a whole generation or two...... that's harder. If other hackers have done it in their games, I would be open to asking how they've done it though.

I agree that we don't necessarily need strong starters, as long as we provide a good selection to choose from. Each player has a different style, and they will choose the one they like the best.

If the scripters (sorry, idk who's doing most of it right now) could implement a check flag script for mega evolutions, that would be amazing! All it would have to do is check and see if the Pokemon is holding a mega stone, and if so, it evolves, then de-evolves at the end.

GreyBidoof

Years
  • Team,

So I've been thinking... We should take up a few ideas and expand them. Maybe modify the player availabilities to Pokemon.

I hope others have noticed this too, but each gen is a little stronger than the last. They only made a mega Tyranitar because he has high base stats (BST). I think he was one of the strongest through gen 1-4, not including legendaries. Mega evolutions we can do, but I don't think there is a item to make them un-mega formed... Is there? I am a poor boy so I never got to played any of the later gens 3-6 in a game other than hacks.

Regarding legendaries: We should put as many legendaries as we can in the game to make it cool. Dragon Pokemon are naturally strong. They are are also usually legendaries (correct me if I wrong, I've been doing some intense Pokemon memorizing since I mastered gen 1, why not master all, right? Lol). Dragon Pokemon have many weaknesses as well. Legendaries can be hard to beat, and as a group we should get together and decide weather or not we should

Starters and Later Pokemon (in-game): We should give the player a chance to get a full set (6) of Pokemon to train with all the way throughout the game. Obviously have them unlock those special Pokemon through triggers in the game, such as battles and chores. I believe a pokemon player that plays a lot, or has, likes to fill all his 6 balls with his choice of best Pokemon. What I do, personally, is that I get the strongest Pokemon in the game right off the bat, the starter of coarse, and a few others. Then I gradually build my teams to have the best in the game. 20 hours in the game, approx, I should have a complete team or at least 5, and the last slot for a Pokemon in mind or just looking for it. I hope everyone understands what I'm trying to say, and you guys get what I'm trying to say. I think you guys should keep in mind that Blaziken is in ubers, so he's super strong, and he's got a mega evolution. Do you guys want that strength floating around the game...? And if there is, should we have the player battle uber Pokemon? Personally, I would want Kyurem-Black in the game, like a starter (I know that's crazy, and a bad/stupid idea) he's strong but has a lot of weaknesses, with a 700 BST he's not uber! At the end of the game, we should do something wild...

The End...(a song... Never mind it's before your guys' time c:): DOING SOMETHING WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such as....... Making all the starters available at the end, so the playing is still interesting. Maybe make quests after league to get them? Is the breeder place available? Maybe we should so the player has something to do (breed) when their stuck/need internet access to ask question. Just a idea...

I wrote all this at home... It took a long time, didn't even get my hw done, lol

I like the idea of including a breeding place, that would be cool. We would have to update the breeding data though for the new mons.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Black-Kyurem would be a good starter option. Dragons are generally too powerful until other dragon or ice Pokemon come into the game, which is normally near the last gym or so. That's just my opinion though.

Ash Ketchum 11

Right on, that's why I thought it was a bad idea. Maybe we should make it a special, special side quest.... Or hide it ;)

Years
  • I think we should definitely keep starters as starters. As for the rest of it do what you want i'm just the tile inserter.
    Maybe whoever is scripting (I think it's qaz) could let us know if the flag script would work?

Years
  • It is possible to insert new Pokemon into a ROM without replacing the ones already on there, because I can do that. The problem is that most editor programs, like advance map, will not find these mons. This makes actually putting these Pokemon into the game a lot more difficult. It would be fine if it was just a few, because then you could just script a few encounters/give Pokemon scripts and be done. But doing that with a whole generation or two...... that's harder. If other hackers have done it in their games, I would be open to asking how they've done it though.
    Maybe you could try looking up Flora Sky, i believe they have a website, if i remember correctly their pokemon were readable in AdvanceMap so maybe they know how?

I agree that we don't necessarily need strong starters, as long as we provide a good selection to choose from. Each player has a different style, and they will choose the one they like the best.
    Also some people have a rule of thumb like always choosing the fire type. So i agree a good selection would be good.

If the scripters (sorry, idk who's doing most of it right now) could implement a check flag script for mega evolutions, that would be amazing! All it would have to do is check and see if the Pokemon is holding a mega stone, and if so, it evolves, then de-evolves at the end.

Actually the pokemon only evolves from the stone if you tell it to within battle so it may be a little more complicated then that.

qaz015393

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Right on, that's why I thought it was a bad idea. Maybe we should make it a special, special side quest.... Or hide it ;)
    yeah we can do that.
    I think we should definitely keep starters as starters. As for the rest of it do what you want i'm just the tile inserter.
    Maybe whoever is scripting (I think it's qaz) could let us know if the flag script would work?
    will look into it.
    Maybe you could try looking up Flora Sky, i believe they have a website, if i remember correctly their pokemon were readable in AdvanceMap so maybe they know how?

Also some people have a rule of thumb like always choosing the fire type. So i agree a good selection would be good.

Actually the pokemon only evolves from the stone if you tell it to within battle so it may be a little more complicated then that.

It is possible to insert new Pokemon into a ROM without replacing the ones already on there, because I can do that. The problem is that most editor programs, like advance map, will not find these mons. This makes actually putting these Pokemon into the game a lot more difficult. It would be fine if it was just a few, because then you could just script a few encounters/give Pokemon scripts and be done. But doing that with a whole generation or two...... that's harder. If other hackers have done it in their games, I would be open to asking how they've done it though.

will check into it.

sounds good. Will look into those and see if those kind of scripts. thanks for the ideas. We will use them.

EDIT:
    just wanted to show off 2 new characters :D

this 1 is just to show off the OWs

Credit to 1158 for doing the sprites & OWs :) Big thanks my friend.
    I plan on adding all the new sprites/trainers in SicariusCredo3 's rom so we don't have to re add them. I've been busy with work so 2mor I should be able to work on some more scripts.

EDIT 2:

Well since I'm doing scripts later 2day I did 1 new battle for the 2nd town [in the .txt I named it Dawn Town just so I had a name for it] check it out. I based it off of Spherical Ice's script that he help me out with [from my help thread] I didn't test it yet since the previous script I inserted kinda messed up rom I was working on [dang I need to find a better vid tut on how to insert those scripts] so I'm just going to do the scripts for now & when I'm done, I'll let you guys know. Hopefully I can do the main story & finish by tuesday if I'm lucky and my mom doesn't need me to do things after work XD

Note this isn't finished, but all it needs is to change the trainer number & movesets which will happen in the new rom

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well since I'm doing scripts later 2day I did 1 new battle for the 2nd town [in the .txt I named it Dawn Town just so I had a name for it] check it out. I based it off of Spherical Ice's script that he help me out with [from my help thread] I didn't test it yet since the previous script I inserted kinda messed up rom I was working on [dang I need to find a better vid tut on how to insert those scripts] so I'm just going to do the scripts for now & when I'm done, I'll let you guys know. Hopefully I can do the main story & finish by tuesday if I'm lucky and my mom doesn't need me to do things after work XD
    Maybe it's the software you use that makes inserting it hard. Have you tried using Xse script editor combined with FSF and AM? It makes inserting relatively easy.

Ash Ketchum 11

The person with the long yellow hair looks like a chick ;) c:

qaz015393

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Maybe it's the software you use that makes inserting it hard. Have you tried using Xse script editor combined with FSF and AM? It makes inserting relatively easy.

I do use them but diferent scripts have different ways to insert them. I think i didnt check the other script and that is why they got connected and didnt work properly.

The person with the long yellow hair looks like a chick ;) c:

XD

EDIT:
    Ok I checked into what I said I would, there are a certain # of flags in the game and we need to see how many are left after we insert everything in the new rom. I will see if the type of script GreyBidoof & the rest of u mentioned is possible.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It is possible to insert new Pokemon into a ROM without replacing the ones already on there, because I can do that. The problem is that most editor programs, like advance map, will not find these mons. This makes actually putting these Pokemon into the game a lot more difficult. It would be fine if it was just a few, because then you could just script a few encounters/give Pokemon scripts and be done. But doing that with a whole generation or two...... that's harder. If other hackers have done it in their games, I would be open to asking how they've done it though.
    Hey found this, https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324867 is it of any use to you. haven't read it all and am not sure if it is what you do already but you might like to have a look at it.

GreyBidoof

Years
  • Yeah, I've looked at this too. I mentioned it to Qaz, but the downside is it seems to rely on hex editing, something I've never done.

qaz015393

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I haven't done hex editing either. But looks like a simple tut [from the comments I read XD ]

Years
  • There's a first time for everything i guess lol
    Oh yeah and qaz could you perhaps send me a link to the YouTube vids you used to relearn scripting?

qaz015393

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    There's a first time for everything i guess lol
    Oh yeah and qaz could you perhaps send me a link to the YouTube vids you used to relearn scripting?

Sure np. I used this guys tutorials. I also used they 2 xse scripting tuts on here as well to see how to add extras that were needed. You can also do what i did and youtube search xse scripting tutorial like i did and see which persons tutorial you like how they explain it.

EDIT:
    I only have 3 scripts left to do for now to finish up the story. pretty much 2 are trainer battles that were already made for the main story [1 will give a pokemon & other will give a badge of sort] and the 1 I'm waiting to do is 1 were there is a lot of story but then after the story u need to battle every1 in the room in order to continue the story. Then we can have more ideas to add in the story.

Although I would like to change 1 script around & do a few more the same way. But I don't know how to change the OW to make those selected ones gender scripts. I know how to do the script itself but dont know how to make it work so the OW changes too, so the rival can be the other player that you didn't choose to play as.

Would you guys think those 2 battles to give the player a badge, pokemon & item?

I'm not going to work on the final ending [which is written] until way later once we have the new rom, new ideas planed out & scripted. Wow that doesn't seem much... only 6 towns worth took me this long [but then I didn't work on scripts every day since I was busy/had work and was too tired after to work on this. Sorry when im that tired i just want to watch some tv shows before i pass out.].

Forgot, to mention [but it was in the final script] the badges in the game are shadow badges that only the top Lt.s of Team Dark have and are needed to enter the final chapter/tower [which replaces the E4]. They are also used to control some very powerful shadow legendarys may have, that can be capture later in side quests [or to make their signature pokemon super powerful].

Last edited:
    Back