• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rock Solid

What feature do you most look forward to in a hack?

• More Legendaries available

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • Unique features

Votes: 49 48.5%
  • Stronger storyline

Votes: 50 49.5%
  • More RPG elements

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • More Adventure elements

Votes: 32 31.7%
  • New Pokémon

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • New Moves

Votes: 24 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecthelion

Solemn Advent!
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2008
Hi, everyone. I'm an old acquaintance of Korronensu, though not through pokemon.
The first thing I should say is that I have very little experience with Pokemon (I've hardly even played). However, this is the reason that Korronensu has assigned me to be the Lead Naturalist. He decided that he needed someone who didn't know anything about the individual pokemon species other than what they looked like, so that the grouping would be a bit unorthodox (or at least non-traditional) to the Pokemon world. That's definitely a very me - thing.
What I'll be doing is basically thinking up ecosystems and food chains for the mapped environments.

Pedonymous

"Myon, my scarf's too long."
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 22, 2009
This looks like it will be excelent!

Now, I noticed you have a Naturalist section... I specialize in theoretical biology, and as a pasttime... come up with artificial or fictuous ecosystems and biological processes... -_-"

If you want any reccomendations, think about sending me a PM, kay?

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Okay. This is just an update that the recipe script is being written right now, and the first recipes have been added to the recipe guide in the first post.

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
Korronensu, stardust is expensive, so why are you making it 5 stardusts for 1 super potion? And 10 for an elixir?

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
I'm rewriting the rules. On top of markets becoming rarer, recipe items will sell for 10 pokedollars apiece.

~Poke~

Years
oh, ok. I got a few ideas.
1. you could have the shops for recipe ingredients separate and rarer, because that is very cheap (unless there is a chance of it not working?)
2. Pay for Poke-centers

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
There will not be a shop for ingredients. Those are to be harvested from wild pokemon using item-stealing moves (I made quite a few of them). And to be honest, I love the idea of having to pay for poke-Centers. Though beds (I will make it possible to sleep at several locations) will be free, though they will be rare, and mostly quest related.

magical_wonton

Gaia and DA distracted me!
Years
  • Age 29
  • VA
  • Seen Aug 27, 2010
Ack. Sorry I have been gone
x...x

I just finished two major projects and just now started winter break. Well it starts tomorrow.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
The alpha is officially released to those listed. Game still open for new testers.

~Poke~

Years
I used WAKE-UP SLAP!

You can use mini-movies! Just make a few pictures, put them in a Tileset, set up some warps! It takes a while though...

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
The whole project is dragging on rather slugishly, which is disheartening for me, though I'm still psyched and fiery for this.
The fact of the matter is that I'm dying for someone else as enthusiastic as myself. If any are willing, I would like to see someone bear the psyched fan banner and do some interest recruiting. Things are already big, and if you wish to find out for yourself, just ask me about testing. From here on out, alphas will be widely available.

magical_wonton

Gaia and DA distracted me!
Years
  • Age 29
  • VA
  • Seen Aug 27, 2010
Agh, I'm so sorry. I'm not being able to get on as much right now Dx. School problems and all, but I'll try my best to get on more! D8

Zamith

The well-known trainer (not)
Years
Hey... .sounds ambitious.

I like ambitous. Haha.

But I would like to leave here my opinion (that i'm not sure it's shared by others) just in case.
You were talking about the lack of... difficulty... in the original games. Oh, that's for sure, my friend. But one of the biggest faults in hacks conception for ME is that, some hackers, when trying to compensate that, get a little carried away.

What do I mean for that?
I especially HATE when the Route 1 of a game is a gigantic maze full of Pokemon lvl 5 or 6 which -- sometimes -- leave you poisoned. I mean... it's OK to have some troublesome routes... and it's OK to spend hours in wildbattle (we've all done it for the sake of our dear Pokemon)... but putting to many obstacles right in the beggining of the came turns me off simply because you can't make progress for a LONG time... and, well... battling caterpies and pidgeys with only SCRATCH to face'em is not really what I call "exciting".

So... just putting it as a note.
Go for your "die hard" game! But DO remember to give the players a little bit of happy moments too, and let them inflate their egos first, so they can be crushed later. haha.

Good luck with the hack!

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
You make a powerful point that I had hardly thought of. My next alpha will take that into consideration. I'm currently waiting for my assistant mapper to crank out a few wilderness maps, but the next alpha will come soon after.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Hm.

Tough doesn't mean high levels.

You know what competitive battling is?

Tough = strategy.

Give a Gym Leader a Scizor with Swords Dance, Metal Claw, Wing attack and Slash and it becomes hard. =P

It's not what level you make it (I grinded through level 60 gyms with level 50's), it's how hard you make them. >:]

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2010
Woo sounds good, hope it will be completed.

Really looking forward to it.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Sadly, songs must be in MIDI format to go into the rom. WAVs and MP3s don't work.
Also, this hack is in dire need of a hex editor. If anybody is guru enough for the job, you would be welcome in the ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back