• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rock Solid

What feature do you most look forward to in a hack?

• More Legendaries available

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • Unique features

Votes: 49 48.5%
  • Stronger storyline

Votes: 50 49.5%
  • More RPG elements

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • More Adventure elements

Votes: 32 31.7%
  • New Pokémon

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • New Moves

Votes: 24 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Well seeing as you have Score_under as a scripter, I will keep an eye on this hack, because the concepts are definitely original and interesting.
Good luck. :]

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Thanks. I hope to make an enthusiastic fan outta you over time, so by all means! Stick around!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Try not to go so off-topic guys. You don't need to talk about your lives in this thread.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Things are going well. I just recieved Alpha 1 from Score, so I'd say things are just starting to get hot!

EDIT: Alpha 1 of Rock Solid is 100% functional. My personal work over the next few days will lead to Alpha 2, and if I can gather a small pool of testers, I'd like to release Alpha 2 to a closed group for evaluation and critique.

Last edited:

Gundam-Fighter

Look at the ickle Rhydon!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 1, 2009
I'd be a tester and I could help with making some music. I have no idea how to get music into a POKéMON game though.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Thanks, Gundam. As far as helping with music, talk to Druyii about wanting to help, and I'll give him all the details he needs to help you help us. As far as game testing goes, PM me, and I'll tell you how to go about it.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Okay... quick call for help to the informed passerby. Does anybody know how to change what move is taught by a HM? I need HM05 from Fire Red to become Thief instead of Flash. Any Scripter who knows how to make changes like this would be very welcome as part of Team Rock Solid.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
This is a great looking hack, but I don't think you have room for all that stuff.
I would really like to help tiling and test the female version.

Okay... quick call for help to the informed passerby. Does anybody know how to change what move is taught by a HM? I need HM05 from Fire Red to become Thief instead of Flash. Any Scripter who knows how to make changes like this would be very welcome as part of Team Rock Solid.
There's a program from Darthatron called "learnable TM editor". I'll check my other computer and get it for you. :)

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
This is a great looking hack, but I don't think you have room for all that stuff.
I would really like to help tiling and test the female version.

There's a program from Darthatron called "learnable TM editor". I'll check my other computer and get it for you. :)

I don't think that's exactly what he's looking for...

I think he means like the out-of-battle ability. Like, how flash lights up caves, he wants to have the move "Thief". You know where I'm going here?

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
No. I know how to give Thief HM qualities, but I want the actuall HM "Flash" to instead be "Thief" so it can be re-used.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I need tilesets to edit.... *starts to get impatient*

No. I know how to give Thief HM qualities, but I want the actuall HM "Flash" to instead be "Thief" so it can be re-used.

Oh sorry. I got mixed up. Darthatron also made a program called "TM editor professional". It changes the move a TM or HM teaches. "learnable TM editor" just changes the pokemon that can learn it. Wait for a link to TMEP...

EDIT: Here it is!

In fact, you'd better just look at all his tool threads. He's got a lot of the stuff you're talking about.

Last edited:

magical_wonton

Gaia and DA distracted me!
Years
  • Age 29
  • VA
  • Seen Aug 27, 2010
This seems like a promising hack <33

If you need another tester I can be one ;)
I've kinda always wanted to beta test something

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
HORRIBLE SETBACK

Bad news, Rock Solid fans and watchers.... it's got a major setback. Both my original and backup copies of the rom are dead. Something went wrong when I was script editing, and now it is so much rubbish. From now on, I leave the scripting to Score_Under, and now I need to wait for him to return his copy of the rom. *sigh* This is a black day...

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Bad news, Rock Solid fans and watchers.... it's got a major setback. Both my original and backup copies of the rom are dead. Something went wrong when I was script editing, and now it is so much rubbish. From now on, I leave the scripting to Score_Under, and now I need to wait for him to return his copy of the rom. *sigh* This is a black day...
That happened to me once! Don't think you're the only one! Don't give up! You were always the rioter, but if you become dispirited everyone else will do the same!!!

(Lol, that's my coach voice. :P)

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
That happened to me once! Don't think you're the only one! Don't give up! You were always the rioter, but if you become dispirited everyone else will do the same!!!

(Lol, that's my coach voice. :P)

Oh, don't think I've lost my spirit. I'm still going on strong. I'm having to revert to 2.00, but when 2.01 is ready, then the testers will have their day. By the way, All testers, make sure to get your userbar. I made them for your use and my advertisement.

EDIT: 2.00 is the basic of the basic. 2.01 will have several playable maps, and a test run of the recipe script. For any interested in trying out this new action plus the new(meaning edited) moves that make collecting items from wild pokemon easier, please sign up to be testers by pming me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back