• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rocks America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • i want to know wut exactly is this thing, all i know is dat they r goin to have previews of pokemon games, sneak peeks of Pokemon:Advanced, and dat nintendo is uveiling a super secret hidden pokemon character, and also y isn't dis event ocurrin at da pokemon center?

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Three lucky cities will host Pok?mon Rocks America, a one-of-a-kind traveling Pok?mon road show! We spread the love across three great states, and we?re ready to rock in the following three cities:

Saturday, October 25th -- St. Louis, Missouri ? Union Station
    Saturday, November 8th ? Houston, Texas ? Houston Space Center
    Saturday, November 15th ? San Diego, California ? Balboa Park

Get ready for one of the biggest Pok?mon parties we?ve ever thrown, which will include previews of upcoming games and movies, a chance to compete against other Pok?mon Ruby and Sapphire players, and a carnival of Pok?mon games, contests, and cool prizes! We?re also showing sneak peeks of the Pok?mon Advanced animated series, holding a trading card game clinic, and bringing out some Pok?mon characters in full costume!

Also on-site will be a traveling Pok?mon Center Store featuring exclusive merchandise from the Pok?mon Center NY, which will allow visitors to purchase special items normally available only at the New York City store.

And, just announced, we will be unveiling a super secret hidden Pok?mon character at the three events, including Pok?dex information and vitals stats! Come on down and check it out -- it will be a great time for kids of all ages!

Aria

Purple's the Prettiest...
    Years
  • HOUSTON TEXAS?! O_O I could go to that! It's about time they have some kind of Pok?mon convention here... *races off to find her mom*

G-LANCE

Fire and Dragon!!!
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    Three lucky cities will host Pok?mon Rocks America, a one-of-a-kind traveling Pok?mon road show! We spread the love across three great states, and we're ready to rock in the following three cities:

Saturday, October 25th -- St. Louis, Missouri – Union Station
    Saturday, November 8th – Houston, Texas – Houston Space Center
    Saturday, November 15th – San Diego, California – Balboa Park

Get ready for one of the biggest Pok?mon parties we've ever thrown, which will include previews of upcoming games and movies, a chance to compete against other Pok?mon Ruby and Sapphire players, and a carnival of Pok?mon games, contests, and cool prizes! We're also showing sneak peeks of the Pok?mon Advanced animated series, holding a trading card game clinic, and bringing out some Pok?mon characters in full costume!

Also on-site will be a traveling Pok?mon Center Store featuring exclusive merchandise from the Pok?mon Center NY, which will allow visitors to purchase special items normally available only at the New York City store.

And, just announced, we will be unveiling a super secret hidden Pok?mon character at the three events, including Pok?dex information and vitals stats! Come on down and check it out -- it will be a great time for kids of all ages!

ARRRGG!
    <random cuss word>
    i used to live in san diego, and i know where balboa park is. it's really fun

ARRRGGG!

btw the "new pokemon character" is 99.99999% jirachi or deoxys (actually better make it 100%)

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Dangit, why can't there be one in minnepolis or something like that....too bad it wasn't like it was 5 years ago...drag

BOO ya!

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • DragonMaster said:
    i want to know wut exactly is this thing, all i know is dat they r goin to have previews of pokemon games, sneak peeks of Pokemon:Advanced, and dat nintendo is uveiling a super secret hidden pokemon character, and also y isn't dis event ocurrin at da pokemon center?
    Its a game :D
    https://www.pokemon.com
    click Pokemon Rocks America (the loading part)
    You'll even get a wall paper if you can answer those questions correctly :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Ooh, do you think they will have Jirachi and Deoxys that can be traded onto guests GBA?

Tweak

;) i'll be in san deigo on *pokemon rocks* to take photos and collect news...also to have fun.

if anyone else is going please post. i'm going to college @ university of california at riverside (about an hour from san deigo).

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Oh that'll be cool. Going to put them up on your site?

Marisa

Oh that'll be cool. Going to put them up on your site?

=3 I was there today in St. Louis. ^^

My friend Li and I dressed up as Team Rocket. We were a *huge* hit. ^_^ Nobody else dressed up as Team Rocket... ;_; very few people dressed up in general. We did get to chase Pikachu off the stage, though. ^_^

Hey, watch for us! We might be in the commercial and/or newscasts for the Houston and San Diego "Pokemon Rocks America" place thingies. ^^ They recorded us doing the TR Motto, and holding up signs that said "Our jobs are at stake! Donate your Pok?mon!"

But anyway, enough about us. I'll tell you about the convention. Over here, it was DEFINITELY worth it. There was an arcade FULL of Pokemon games for every system. Much fun. They screened the first two episodes of Pok?mon Advance in English for us-- I saw the first one on KidsWB a few months back, but the second one was something new. (If there's any hardcore Megaman fans out there, one might notice that Team Magma dresses a LOT like Original Protoman...)

There was also a load of awesome games on stage, too. I missed the karaoke contest... I was eating... and I wasn't even hungry... I could have won a GBASP. But there was a shouting contest ("Shout your favorite Pok?mon's name!!"), a Pok?mon impression contest (I got to be Jigglypuff. Everyone was so SHOCKED at my Jigglypuff impression, I sounded just like her!!), and of course, a raffle for the Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire games.

And, if nothing else, go for the people. I found that I could strike up a conversation with almost anybody with perfect ease. Although, most of them started with, "Look! It's Team Rocket! Hi, Team Rocket!"

Once Li gets the pictures developed, I'll show you guys. Although we did make it onto Pokemon.com. ^_^

https://pokemon.com/events/index.asp?articleID=477

Li and I are the ones in the Team Rocket costumes, next to the giant Mudkip. I'm wearing white. XD My hair is so messed up...

ash_misty4ever

We should be lovers....
    Years
  • I was there too! I won the karaoke contest. the only bad thing was I HATE SINGING!! im good at it but i just dont like to sing......... anyway I won a gba sp and the Pokemon r/s. I was sooo happy

they had games and the lines were OUTRAGEOUS. I had to wait in line for 20 minutes!
    I saw marisa she chased a pikachu with her friend and made a sign that said "donate your Pokemon!" hehehehehe

Marisa

XD I remember you! Wow, small internet... You came all the way from... Nebraska, was it? Well, you sure got something for it. Enjoying your SP? ^^
    I was going to enter that contest... but I was EATING... and the rice wasn't even that good.

Li's and mine signs actually went together. Mine said "Our Jobs are at stake!" and hers said "Donate your Pok?mon!!"

Tweak

XD I remember you! Wow, small internet... You came all the way from... Nebraska, was it? Well, you sure got something for it. Enjoying your SP? ^^
    I was going to enter that contest... but I was EATING... and the rice wasn't even that good.

Li's and mine signs actually went together. Mine said "Our Jobs are at stake!" and hers said "Donate your Pok?mon!!"

ooo, it looks really fun!!! i wasn't even thinking about cosplay :P i shud reconsider it. i can't wait till it comes to san deigo, cali.

is there an age limit to anything? (i'm 18...but i can pass as 15/16 ahhaha)

Marisa

Well, people under 21 need to sign some kinda release form to be on the internet and TV and stuff... but no, there's no age limit, and it's all free! =3

Tweak

Well, people under 21 need to sign some kinda release form to be on the internet and TV and stuff... but no, there's no age limit, and it's all free! =3

:cool: nice. free-ness :cool: i have to wait for about another month. *sigh*

Years
  • Muahaha...~! Yeah, I'm Li, the other part of the Team Rocket duo that was cosplaying at Pokemon Rocks St. Louis.

Ne, you SHOULD cosplay there! You get a whole bunch of attention, because if the other two are anything like St. Louis, then there won't be very many people running around like the dorks we were.

... though, being a minor-league Webmistress, one of my FAVORITE parts was meeting the owner of Pokemon.com. XD I get e-mails from all over requesting icons and fanfiction and updates for my websites (I own the first shrines to Manta(morty) from Shaman King, Otogi (duke devlin) from Yu Gi Oh and Max from Beyblade) so meeting one of the top dogs in all of 'internet land' was REALLY SPIFFEH!

And getting to say the Team Rocket motto with Marisa on stage was pretty awesome too. ^_^; We even got the kids to yell out "Meowth,that's right!" because of our poor lack of a Meowth. Woo...

Anyway, Some random Nokia lady took our picture and it was posted on the internet, so here it is!

Pokemon Rocks America

Yeah, I'm the one in black and Marisa is the one in white.... I don't think I have any peektures of us with our signs though. T_T

When I get the rest of my pictures developed and scanned, I can show everyone the one I have of Marisa and I fighting over this little Pikachu cosplayer. Whee!

Oh, for those of you who haven't seen Pokemon Advanced yet, Joshua, the new Prof. Burch's assisstant is to die for. ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back