• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
  • Over a year ago, there was an RP called Dark Energy or something like that. It was quite busy in that thread, and fairly active. I like active RPs. It might even get restarted appearantly.
    I agree with Feign. I really liked that RP, and yes, it is being restarted.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • And pokemongarnet, you mean like the show Amazing Race?

I could probably try and make something like this. It would be an interesting subject! Something like where 11 or less RPers were part of a race around all of the regions (including the Sevii Islands) and stopped at each city. At each city there is a challenge, and whoever loses is booted from the RP. It would make it very creative if people were competing for the final spot! But it would be a little pointless without an award... Hmm. What would you guys like to see as an award?

Years
  • Submitted an RP Just now, do you like it?

Spoiler:

King!

better
    Years
  • :) If you do the Amazing Race idea, you have to make sure that all of the RP'ers are okay with getting booted out. And you would need a fair way to determine who gets booted.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • Yeah, I thought that would be a bit unfair, so maybe instead they could have something happen to the others, like another story that fits in at the end.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    So I've been talking with quite a few people recently and I thought I'd post the idea in general here for discussion.

I've had a few people ask me via msn aim and pms if I was interested in doing a one on on rp with them for various reasons. Now according to the rules [and correct me if I'm wrong Alter] one on ones are allowed but not recommended because of how quickly they can become spam like. But maybe I'm wrong. I've done several one on ones since I started rping and a few of them are still alive to this day. Are they anywhere near the minimum post limit? haha hell no. >>;

I mean, what do you guys think? is 1 on 1 something you'd be willing to do? How would you guys think to organize it? Freestyle Farfetch'd mentioned to me that he'd be interested in a thread to set up said one on one rps to organize them before setting them through for moderation but didn't know if it would be something you staff people would be fond of. o3o In my humble opinion it'd be a place for potential spam to breed, much like OOC threads but maybe even worse than that. Idk, maybe I'm just paranoid.

If you guys aren't keen on the 1 on 1 rp idea, why and for what reasons? What are the pros and cons?

[hehe I figured it was about time we had an actual discussion in here. x3;;]

:) If you do the Amazing Race idea, you have to make sure that all of the RP'ers are okay with getting booted out. And you would need a fair way to determine who gets booted.

And I have a comment on this little thing

Nonono. Please God No.

Rps that throw people out? :< That's horrid. I mean, I met my best friends through three rps all of which lasted over a year. One was a tournament style rp and if i'd been booted out in month one, i wouldn't have gotten to know them ;_; That would be horrible.

Maybe the character could be ejected from the tourney but ejecting from the roleplay just seems overly harsh

Last edited:

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • Is a 1 on 1 RP just an RP with two people? How the hec would that work out????

Nonono. Please God No.

Rps that throw people out? :< That's horrid. I mean, I met my best friends through three rps all of which lasted over a year. One was a tournament style rp and if i'd been booted out in month one, i wouldn't have gotten to know them ;_; That would be horrible.

Maybe the character could be ejected from the tourney but ejecting from the roleplay just seems overly harsh

I actually wasn't going to do this anyway. I am trying to figure out another storyline for those peoples.

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
  • /delurks

Indeed, it would be nice to have somewhere to set up 1 on 1 RPs to do over email/IM or whatever. It's a gap in the featurset of this RP board! I prefer doing one on one RPs, 'cos they're easier to set up and keep going and all, and they're just generally good fun. Mika mentioned it could lead to potential spam, I disagree! I reckon that if you made easy for peeps to do things through email it'd cut down on the number of RP submissions you'd have to moderate overall.

Just my 0.02$!

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Is a 1 on 1 RP just an RP with two people? How the hec would that work out????

It would be much deeper/personal that the rps you see here. The posts also tend to be shorter for the most part however, often times [especially on so called 'advanced' roleplaying sites] you see posts that are around the 1200 word counter per post.

/delurks

Indeed, it would be nice to have somewhere to set up 1 on 1 RPs to do over email/IM or whatever. It's a gap in the featurset of this RP board! I prefer doing one on one RPs, 'cos they're easier to set up and keep going and all, and they're just generally good fun. Mika mentioned it could lead to potential spam, I disagree! I reckon that if you made easy for peeps to do things through email it'd cut down on the number of RP submissions you'd have to moderate overall.

Just my 0.02$!

Mmm I'm not cool with email tho. I mean I understand people wanting privacy but PC's RP thing, since I joined [which was specifically for this section] way back in the day that is, has always been about making new friends and RPing together. I personally worry about elitist people only 1 on 1 because of one of two reasons A) they think they're too good for the majority of pc or B) because it violates the ratings on PC. I know that alot of 1 on 1 Rps can borderline smutty which is completely and utterly forbidden on PC, especially in the RP/Fanfiction subforums. It's not that the site's childfriendly so much as I think people just don't want to see it. It's always been that way since I can remember and I don't think any of the mods, AE included, have changed that [I think Mr. Man in Red is the one who made the actual rating rules. o.o Edit: I confirmed with said Mr Man in Red that he did indeed write the original rules and he was pretty much the first RP mod in existence sooooo <3]

I'm not saying I haven't 1 on 1'd but it started via things like PC roleplays. In truth, the reason I have a 1 on 1 through an IM still currently going is because we've been running the same characters since 2002 and the site we were using died out and we wanted to develop the characters a bit more.

The problem I see with the spam is the following:

Person A) Hey I'm looking for a One on One in these categories:

Person B) Okiely Dokiely, IM me right now. /o/

...Yeah that may cover the four word rule but it's obv. it's just word filler. :/ If you're taking extended discussions on characters or plotlines maybe but if you're going to go that far why not make a private thread and submit for moderation? The high staff [former RP mods to the best of my knowledge] have run them before tho they don't tend to last very long for whatever reason. :/

Mmm, me myself, I only do 1 on 1s with people I've known for awhile, not because I dislike people but because I like a group setting. Plotline's almost always deeper and I only have to run one character and NPCS. :P The people I've 1 on 1'd with can tell you, I'm very very picky with who I 1 on 1 with because of what I expect.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Alter is taking longer than usual to turn in RPs....

Oh well, I have a FF to keep myself busy.

I think kicking people out is also harsh.

I don't think I would join that kind of RP either, racing is a bit too weird for me.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Alter is taking longer than usual to turn in RPs....

Oh well, I have a FF to keep myself busy.

I think kicking people out is also harsh.

I don't think I would join that kind of RP either, racing is a bit too weird for me.

If you'd take a look at ze following? o3o

Alter Ego said:
    Sorry for the late update, I keep running into database errors and browser failures when moderating and studies don't leave nearly as much time to devote to it as my usual.

That's from one of Alter's VMS to a person who asked about thread moderation. I'm not stalking the mod I swear. >.>;; Alter's got quite a bit of school at the moment I think and I know our mod takes the moderation business very very seriously and doesn't want to half ass it. :3 Remember, our lovely RP God Mod has a life outside of PC and while said Mod loves PC, Real Life is just far more important sometimes. I'm quite positive the mod will get around to it tho, so yeah, just be patient. n3n Have a little faith~

I'm not entirely against the idea of a Race RP, I think if it was done well it would be pretty darn fun but I dislike the idea of people being thrown out. Why work hard on a character sign up when you're just going to be booted? ;3; That would make me cry. I also think it's breeding ground for people to clique up with their friends and why would you make it public if that's all you're going to do. >:l

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
  • Mmm I'm not cool with email tho. I mean I understand people wanting privacy but PC's RP thing, since I joined [which was specifically for this section] way back in the day that is, has always been about making new friends and RPing together. I personally worry about elitist people only 1 on 1 because of one of two reasons A) they think they're too good for the majority of pc or B) because it violates the ratings on PC. I know that alot of 1 on 1 Rps can borderline smutty which is completely and utterly forbidden on PC, especially in the RP/Fanfiction subforums. It's not that the site's childfriendly so much as I think people just don't want to see it. It's always been that way since I can remember and I don't think any of the mods, AE included, have changed that [I think Mr. Man in Red is the one who made the actual rating rules. o.o Edit: I confirmed with said Mr Man in Red that he did indeed write the original rules and he was pretty much the first RP mod in existence sooooo <3]

I'm not saying I haven't 1 on 1'd but it started via things like PC roleplays. In truth, the reason I have a 1 on 1 through an IM still currently going is because we've been running the same characters since 2002 and the site we were using died out and we wanted to develop the characters a bit more.

The problem I see with the spam is the following:

Person A) Hey I'm looking for a One on One in these categories:

Person B) Okiely Dokiely, IM me right now. /o/

...Yeah that may cover the four word rule but it's obv. it's just word filler. :/ If you're taking extended discussions on characters or plotlines maybe but if you're going to go that far why not make a private thread and submit for moderation? The high staff [former RP mods to the best of my knowledge] have run them before tho they don't tend to last very long for whatever reason. :/

Mmm, me myself, I only do 1 on 1s with people I've known for awhile, not because I dislike people but because I like a group setting. Plotline's almost always deeper and I only have to run one character and NPCS. :P The people I've 1 on 1'd with can tell you, I'm very very picky with who I 1 on 1 with because of what I expect.

Mmm, fair enough, I can see your point about the potential for spammy requests. You'd have to have some sort of "Indicate what kind of RP you're after, outline a character" type of rule to go with it I think. As I mentioned on IRC, it'd just be nice for doing more casual RPs for when none of the threads on the forum appeal to you, and you don't fancy doing one yourself!

EDIT: ooops, quote fail lol

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    What kind of stories would there be in 1 on 1 RPs?

The ones I tend to see are almost exclusively romance. The ones I was in/am in are included for the most part except for the evil scientist one. Mmm, I know of nonromance based plots but really, ones that don't start that way tend to turn out that way, in my experience.

Mmm, fair enough, I can see your point about the potential for spammy requests. You'd have to have some sort of "Indicate what kind of RP you're after, outline a character" type of rule to go with it I think. As I mentioned on IRC, it'd just be nice for doing more casual RPs for when none of the threads on the forum appeal to you, and you don't fancy doing one yourself!

EDIT: ooops, quote fail lol

I agree, it can be frustrating to find a good rp but I think part of that is the timeframe right now. AP exams are coming up in the US, the UK is finishing/getting close to exams and most of Europe/Australia [that I know of] is getting close to end of semester exam hell. That doesn't leave alot of time for rps. I've noticed that the summer seems to be when the good rps come up and stay up until school gets in the way; it's just part of life.

As far as outlining a character, how would that differ from a discussion we could theoretically have here? I know the discussion isn't that active but if it was, wouldn't you post one on one character ideas here like people post multi character ideas here? Now that I'm thinking more about it, I think the only thing that would really be different would be outlining the roleplay but, again, if you're just discussing plot I know people have done this here in this discussion before.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • I've been thinking of roleplay ideas recently, but I don't know how they would actually work out. I've been considering starting one that's mostly silly and for the lulz, since all of the RPs here seem to be serious, and it would be cool to have a change of pace. However, I still have no idea how it would work out, and it would be harder to progress if there isn't a serious plot.

Another idea I had, is to have everyone start off with experienced trainers and high-leveled Pokemon, but for some mysterious reason, instead of getting older and stronger, they get younger and weaker. They would have to figure out what is causing it and stop it somehow, but I can't think of anything plot-wise beyond that. I just thought that it was an interesting premise.

EeveeLover101

Starter Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2010
    Beginner...Info Needed!

Hi...I'm new so i'm wondering if there are any spaces left for an Eevee? if so i'd Love to have that position...Plz?

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    What are you talking about? You could possibly mean a pokemon mystery dungeon or PMD roleplay in which you are the pokemon. Which I think there are none at the moment.

Back