• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Here was my idea, i planned it to be a multi-part rpg series but i'm missing something, don't know what though.

Pokemon Deep Sea Heroes!
    1,000 years ago a great battle between a Kyorge and Groudon caused the city of Aqauris to sink under the sea. Feeling sorry for the inhabitants, Jirachi cast Safeguard over the city, but for it submerged preserving its history.1, 000 years later the city continues to flourish. However above the surface a man named Jean Reno funded money for trainers to explore the underwater city, to bring back a mystical artifact called "The promise veil". The veil it's self was a blue gem extremely valuable; however it was the gem that kept the veil on the city.
    The trainers have entered the city and quickly taken it over, with no one experienced left to rescue the city. A group of junior trainers have banned together and pledged to free and save their city.\
    Description of the City
    The City itself is blue in texture, with statues of various water Pokémon, there is a huge pillar on the far side of the city erected in Honor of Giratina. The city has virtually everything the Aquarians need to remain self sufficient from fresh water, abundance in metal ores, luxuriant vegetation, and pokemon including a lapras ferry. As a result, the mayor of Atlantis was quite wealthy.
    Signup sheet (A trainer card with the pokemon you are using is a must).
    Character Name:
    Character Age (10-15)
    Character Personaility:
    Character Look.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    Say, what would people think of this RP i am coming up with? This is just the outline. There is two Celebi brothers, one normal and one shiny. The normal one is good and the shiny one is evil. The shiny one basically sends his best minions through time to all these different time periods, and the present is starting to become chaotic as history is rewritten. So the good Celebi sends 5 trainers back or forward to each time period and the trainers will have to fight the minion and fix that time periods massive problem. The time period will have an effect on what pokemon you can catch (example: Prehistoric Period = Fossil Pokemon (Anorith, Lileep, Kabutops, etc...)). Would people want to participate in something like that? Please tell me your thoughts!

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
    Say, what would people think of this RP i am coming up with? This is just the outline. There is two Celebi brothers, one normal and one shiny. The normal one is good and the shiny one is evil. The shiny one basically sends his best minions through time to all these different time periods, and the present is starting to become chaotic as history is rewritten. So the good Celebi sends 5 trainers back or forward to each time period and the trainers will have to fight the minion and fix that time periods massive problem. The time period will have an effect on what pokemon you can catch (example: Prehistoric Period = Fossil Pokemon (Anorith, Lileep, Kabutops, etc...)). Would people want to participate in something like that? Please tell me your thoughts!

Pokemon: Trainers in Time?

And I guess I must ask for clarification, are all 5 sent to the same period of time at once or are they each sent to a different era?

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years

I personally really love the idea, it's something I'd definitely participate in, mostly because I'm a sucker for history.
    It's going to take a fair bit of brainstorming to relate the roles of Pokemon in different ages as well as a lot of research if you're going to make the pokemon world parallel to ours.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    And I guess I must ask for clarification, are all 5 sent to the same period of time at once or are they each sent to a different era?

Yeah, they would all be sent to the same time period at once, and they would have to defeat the shiny Celebi's minions who are causing some kind of massive problem.

It's going to take a fair bit of brainstorming to relate the roles of Pokemon in different ages as well as a lot of research if you're going to make the pokemon world parallel to ours.

Damn, I hate research! :P That might take some time, but i'll do my best.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years

Why would the Pokemon world have the slightest parallel to ours? I say go crazy with making the historical periods up as you went as long as it was all consistent.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Why would the Pokemon world have the slightest parallel to ours? I say go crazy with making the historical periods up as you went as long as it was all consistent.

Because the Pokemon world is already a modernized and sugarcoated modern world. Humanity will always be humanity. Sure you could make things up but the experience is just not going to be the same. Plus, I do recall one of the movies having the themes of Pokemon in medieval times where they were used at warfare, which was a romanticized of Europe during the medieval and dark ages.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    I say go crazy with making the historical periods up as you went as long as it was all consistent.

The only time period i'll be making up will be the future. I'm thinking something along the lines of Planet of the Apes. Pokemon will rule over humans and torture them to work. Another theory is a Zombie Apocalypse. Suggestions, anyone? :P

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
    The only time period i'll be making up will be the future. I'm thinking something along the lines of Planet of the Apes. Pokemon will rule over humans and torture them to work. Another theory is a Zombie Apocalypse. Suggestions, anyone? :P

Well, instead of a setting that has already been done, why don't you take the hostility angle of the Planet of the Apes scenario and take it in a more original direction. What if it is a future where Pokemon and humans no longer work together, and are at constant war with each other?

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    OK, I'd like some critique on my RP idea here it is:
    Spoiler:

so I'd like to know if it's a good idea and whether or not anyone would participate in it.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    Hey, that sounds like a cool idea. I would participate in it. You might want to lower the Pokemon level a bit though. Maybe to 15-20?

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    yeah maybe I will level the max down, I just thought 30 might be a good max level. But the whole back in the past thing is mainly going to be like an ancient greece- ish setting. I'm contemplating whether to just do the ancient greece thing or maybe do a egyptian or scandanavian setting aswell.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Man, I really need to get back into RolePlaying... It was fun, especially if it could last long. :3

I've started to plan out my own... We'll see how that goes.

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
    Okay I am just posting my random ideas, feel free to critique.

Lady Destany controls the destiny of every human in existence, and knits a single stitch for every destiny. Every stitch is a different color, which shows that person's destiny. This causes the long scarves that Lady Destany has knitted to shimmer in a mirage of colors. There are also the few who resist Lady Destanys knitting, who control thier own destinys.Lady Destany often makes those people her champions, putting them through many tests before giving them one of her scarves. Her scarves mark Lady Destanys champions, though the champions scarves are in fact there own destiny, which grows as the champions gain more and more control of thier destiny. Many famous trainers and coordinators have been Lady Destiny's champions; the coordinator Drew, and the Sinnoh Champion Cynthia to name a few of the many that have existed throughout time. You are one of five who have been secretly challenged throughout your life. Now, you will be invited to Lady Destany's little cottage, where you will learn about the fact that you have control of your own destiny. Now, you along with your single pokemon will face your last three challenges and accept your title as a champion of Lady Destany. First you will travel The Sevii Islands, challangeing Lady Destany's champions on the seven main islands. During that time you would establish a pokemon team of six, and then your next challenge would be to collect eight badges from the newly established Orre Region Pokemon League, or ORPL. Finally you would travel to the Hoenn region Battle Fontier where, upon your victory, you would achieve the rank of one of Lady Destany's champions. You would be able to see the destiny of humans around you, and would interfere with the inner workings of nature in Lady Destiny's Name. You, and the other trainers who you would then find out had faced the same challenge as you celebrate, before Lady Destany sends you on your last challenge. You are to stop a group of the few who control thier own destinys, yet who refused to serve Lady Destiny, from gaining control of the world, and ruining the balance of nature. You five will split up to go to your home nation and challenge the enemy of Destany in your nation. This challenge will be the hardest, for you will be facing you exact opposite that has a team that is the perfect match for yours.

You would start with one pokemon that is leval one to ten, and then you would hopefully gain a full, levaled pokemon team. You get to chose the pokemon. This would be a chapter roleplay. You would only meet other roleplayers when you celebrate together before facing your opposite. You can however referance to the other roleplayers, like mentioning a character that looks like another character leave a battle facilitie in the Battl Frontier, or something close to that.
    I will create the gym leaders for the ORPL.
    There would be five spots;
    Spot one- Kanto
    Spot two- Johto
    Spot three- Hoenn
    Spot four- Sinnoh
    Spot five- Wild card (any region)

Also, this roleplay would take place in 2020.
    The towns and citys would be pretty unchanged, but thier would be more electronic creature comforts, like a machine that would make any type of food if you gave it the raw ingredients. These modern comforts contrast sharply with Lady Destany's old wooden cottage that has a real chimney!
    This would be pg-13!

Remember, I am looking for ways to improve the plot. Apearantly, Perfectmonster is now a co-owner, though I must warn him I am harsh when it comes to SUs.

So, yah, Can I get some critiques?^_^
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    I was just wondering if anyone would want to join a Role Play based on an academy, where we are all put into a school. You would each be placed into a "house" and each house is focused upon one or more types. For example, the forest house would be grass, poison, and bug types. They'd compete in various ways, but after a while there'd be a twist I don't want to give away, but it will force us to leave the academy and begin a journey. Just wanted to see what others thought before I typed this whole thing up.
    Love it! It sounds super cool!

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Konekodemon, slls81's RP is open to two spots, I know how much you loooved that. ;)

Never, I'm never going back to her roleplay. I am not battling other roleplayers. Unless she has already taken it to Hoenn and will let me be a Coordinator. Besides I don't think she'd welcome me back anyway. Not after the way I acted last time. However I asked anyway. I'll see what happens. Even if I am taken back she might not mod me fairly cause of my past mistakes.

Last edited:
    Back