• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    What I noticed is, people don't often announce when they quit an RP, people need to start at least announcing it if they don't stick with the RP. This idea that I'm about to write could be useful or really bad, the whole rep system that use to be on pokecommunity ,i think, could be really useful in the RP section, because it could identify how some people drop out of RPs without announcing it. i.e. if someone for no reason just drops out of an Rp without telling the RP holder person, the thread could die.so they, unless they have a legit excuse or at least announce it, would get negative RP rep points. I know it's not the best idea or very good at all for that matter,but people can ruin RPs by dropping out and not posting. Because there is no consequence to it. so it's just a thought,not that great of a thought,but still a thought. What I'm trying t say is,if there were a reason not to drop out of RPs,more than, it ruins everyone elses fun, it might not happen as much.

feedback please

Years
  • I'm currently working on a new roleplay idea, but I want to keep it a secret. PM me or leave me a comment if you're interested to work on me with it. (It's still in it's very early stages, but it's a great concept, at least in my opinion)

Neo Pikachu

Forever Gold
    Years
  • I'm just wondering, is Alter Ego the only mod who approves RPs, or are there others?

If she's the only one... I don't know, maybe we could have a few extra mods as backup to cover for her? Just seems like the right thing to do.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • I agree, Garnet, there should be some consequences for dropping out of a roleplay unannounced. It's really common and can ruin the roleplay for everyone else. People should treat their spot in a roleplay as a responsibility. A reputation system might be a step in the right direction.

I'm wondering, how would a system like that work? Would there be a way to make sure only GMs use it, or should anyone be able to comment on a roleplayer's reputation? Couldn't it be easily abused?

There isn't such a large number of roleplayers on this forum. Maybe reputation could be kept track of informally on one large thread. If someone quit without notice, the GM would tell the thread's creator, and a tick would appear next to the roleplayer's name on the list. Future roleplay creators would be able to judge applicants based on the number of checks.

As far as I know, Neo Pikachu, Alter is the only mod. I don't know why there aren't more, since Alter's often been heard grumbling about the workload.

Years
  • Well, as far as I've learned being a Moderator is not easy. They have to be and have certain things, like they cannot close a thread without a reason, and the work of being a Mod is very hard, harder than Staff Admin as Lightning told me. I guess it's because focusing on one section is much harder than being a Assistant/Staff/Super Moderator....

But, if you want to say who's likely to become a Moderator of this section, I think no one is qualified enough. Maybe there is someone, maybe ArcanineOdd, but I highly doubt it.

And no one would make a Mod of this section in summer. Do you know how many RPs get sent EVERY DAY in the summer? A lot, and a new Mod can't handle that much. Only if Alter Ego was reaaaaaly stressed, busy or needed help there would be a new Mod in the summer, but for the moment, nope.

And becoming one isn't easy either. Not really sure how you become, but I would think you would have to be free enough for a section(bobandbill is an example), you would need good judgement, and be knowledgeable in that section, like the recent new Moderator Vernikova. He's knows his anime, lol.

And the staff of PC would have to agree to make you a Moderator. So yeah, as you can see there's not many people in this section can become a Moderator.

(Although the Super Moderators like Went could help a little. If they can.)

Neo Pikachu

Forever Gold
    Years
  • Well, still, many hands make light work. I used to be a mod myself on a different site, and yes, you do have to do more, but its easier if you have dependable backup. To me, it just seems like having the entire section solely depend on Alter Ego being active is not only a massive burden on her, but if she can't get around to approving RPs, it deteriorates the section and causes people to go elsewhere to RP when they have to wait 2+ weeks for just a chance at approval. Heck, even when she does get around to approving the latest batch, half of them could be dead from the start because the creator gave up on them due to the wait. And the worst part is people who sign up for these won't even know.

Waiting for mod approval is a good practice to make sure RPs are well constructed and have quality to them, I won't go against that. But expecting a single, already busy mod to handle the entire section of a very highly populated forum is asking for a lot. And if she's currently unhappy with the burden, then something's wrong and someone needs to be able to lend her a hand. Otherwise her motivation is dying and everyone else's will follow.

So yeah, someone's gotta help her.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Recently Loki was a Mod in the RP section, but I don't know if she (I think) quit or got fired somehow. But yeah they should add some mods to this section because some RPs could crash because of an OOC not being approved if there is too many questions to be asked on the regular thread.

I agree, Garnet, there should be some consequences for dropping out of a roleplay unannounced. It's really common and can ruin the roleplay for everyone else. People should treat their spot in a roleplay as a responsibility. A reputation system might be a step in the right direction.

I'm wondering, how would a system like that work? Would there be a way to make sure only GMs use it, or should anyone be able to comment on a roleplayer's reputation? Couldn't it be easily abused?

There isn't such a large number of roleplayers on this forum. Maybe reputation could be kept track of informally on one large thread. If someone quit without notice, the GM would tell the thread's creator, and a tick would appear next to the roleplayer's name on the list. Future roleplay creators would be able to judge applicants based on the number of checks.

As far as I know, Neo Pikachu, Alter is the only mod. I don't know why there aren't more, since Alter's often been heard grumbling about the workload.
    Yeah I was thinking about submitting something like that as a thread, but it could be like a spot for people to falsely report and that would turn into arguing etc. till it gets locked.

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
    Years
  • A moderated system only works if there are moderators who have time to moderate the threads to filter out the crap.

It's not a bad system, but come on, I came back just to participate in Neo's RP and it's been up for moderation for close to a week now.

TundraCanine

Shizuku
    Years
  • A moderated system only works if there are moderators who have time to moderate the threads to filter out the crap.

It's not a bad system, but come on, I came back just to participate in Neo's RP and it's been up for moderation for close to a week now.

I agree completely. Alter really needs to become more active.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Hi, I am quiet new here on PC. Anyway I am looking for an RP (my first) in which I dont have to post more than once a week or something since I am quiet busy at the moment. My prefered region would be Kanto or Johto where I am a trainer that has had an Eevee or Growlithe since I was 4 years and after some 7-8 years, I want to go capture more pokemon

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Uuhh...... Well you should probably skim through current RPs and look for one in kanto/ Johto, then make a Sign Up (SU) with those details in your character.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • If you can only post once a week, maybe this isn't a good time for you to join a roleplay. GMs usually like their roleplays to move quicker than that. But if you're certain you want to start now, look for a roleplay where your character is independent of the other characters. That way, you won't be holding anyone up.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Oh, the pain! Whatever happened to all the good PMD rps?

Not that I care.

Years
  • GM can also stand for Game Master. I believe a Game Master is someone who, while not actually RPing, controls the RP. A good example of this is this guy in this thread. I'm not sure if it actually stands for God Mod, though.

Neo Pikachu

Forever Gold
    Years
  • Is there any way to cancel an RP submission? I've decided to just post the RP I submitted a few weeks ago to a different forum, since waiting for approval is taking a really long time. However, I don't want people to spend the time to write sign ups for it here thinking its going to be active, since I'm probably not going to respond to it if and when it might get approved. Problem is, I can't even see the thread on my own profile.

Also, it was nice talking to you guys, but I probably won't stick around here for RPing. Waiting two/three or even four weeks for RP approval is just too long.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • Is there any way to cancel an RP submission? I've decided to just post the RP I submitted a few weeks ago to a different forum, since waiting for approval is taking a really long time. However, I don't want people to spend the time to write sign ups for it here thinking its going to be active, since I'm probably not going to respond to it if and when it might get approved. Problem is, I can't even see the thread on my own profile.

Also, it was nice talking to you guys, but I probably won't stick around here for RPing. Waiting two/three or even four weeks for RP approval is just too long.

Usually it doesn't take this long for an RP to be accepted. Something must be going on with Alter Ego, because usually RPs go up less than a week after being submitted. He(she?) hasn't logged on in a week though... I hope everything is alright. I've been waiting on the OOC for my RP too.

Sorry to see you go, hope your RP goes well on the other site. :)

Back