• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
  • Generally, the RP forum is very, very slow. And it's been slower than usual lately. u__u Looks like there was one new RP two weeks ago - aside from that, there's been nothing new since July.

Late July? Wasn't that when parallelzero took over from Alter Ego? Hmmmm. I wonder what the connection is.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Well Alter Ego went away for ages and never came back, so Parallelzero took over but it seems that Parallelzero too has left the RP forum. So currently, it is running with no mod ergo: super slow.

Years
  • :'(
    You can see even in this very topic almost a month between replies at a certain point.
    Maybe they should set up some sort of council for the RP forums, to take the load off of just one mod. Or maybe there should be some sort of civilian-run quality control/help thing that people have to run their RPs through before requesting permission. Or maybe we're all just too lazy to do anything :/
    Shame, I was thinking of starting up my own RP but with the activity of the forum in such question, I'm not sure if I should invest the time... or the emotion :(

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Well I was thinking, why don't we get an avid RPer who has access to PC and the RP forum atleast once a day and see if they would be interested in being the RP mod, than contact the heirachy about making said person mod of RP, would take load off other mods and also re-invigorate the RP forum. what do you think?

Years
  • Mods usually need to show some sort of history of long-term activity, responsibility and reliability. Just picking someone off of the metaphorical street won't really cut it.

EDIT: Plus they'd probably need techy skills and what not.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • There's nobody that meets the criteria, I've been looking on and off. I'm going to try and bring things up to speed over the next few days. I had to move to school and stuff so the last few weeks have been extremely blaaaaaaaaaaah. I'm starting to get settled though, so I should have things running soon.

Years
  • ^That's great to hear. Hope stuff works out for everything.

On-topic: What do people think of some type of mass roleplay story? Awful, awful choice of words but be quiet and let me finish.
    I mean like an overarching storyline that takes the form of many RPs controlled by different people that stretches and follows a canon set by previous RPs. Epic fail on this explanation naturally, but I figure it would be a pretty interesting idea, hoping it wouldn't get out of hand.
    A side purpose which is what made me think of it is to use it as like an RP-improvement type thing. Having the RPs run by the more experienced role-players, some sort of overall discussion/OOC thread for the series and a story that doesn't have to reach to epic levels might be encouraging to newer players who, as part of the RP's rules, will accept criticism and up their game. From there they'll make their own RPs of hopefully a higher level of quality.
    Some serious idealism and a lot of possible faults in this, but eh, just putting it out there.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Like... and all the RPs meet up at one point in story line? It's a fair idea, it would have to be very organised and run by some committed members so it can all run smoothly and doesn't run too far off course. And it would be kinda linear. But it could work, it could be fun.
    Yeah, it's a little sad the RP section is a little dead. Perhaps over the summer it will get better?

Hansa

I got Fusion Legend! Do you?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    Hmmm... It would be pretty awesome if neatly executed, but the bigger fault is that there are quite few roleplayers who tend to follow through in these kinds of projects...
    I think it could work, very well at that, but not on a site like this, where RPers come and go all the time...

An Idea could be to make a new site for the cause though... :O

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    What does anybody think about the idea for a sort of war between legendaries that
    humans also affiliated with the legendaries take part in. More explanation later.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Is anyone thinking of starting a new adventure-style RP? I'm craving one so bad, but don't like being the RP God of them. I'm a bit too lackadaisical in my structuring. If anyone needs a co-owner or idea beta or something, though, I'd be glad to help.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    I have been looking for something creative to spend my time on, and I would love to start up a awesome trainer RP n.n

I wold prefer we did not start it from basic starter Pokemon though, as that plot tends to be slow and boring.

If anyone is interested let me know.
    Oh, and I would love it if we could do it on Livejournal! I love drawing, and making cute icons for each of my characters is too much fun. XP

Strikit

Years
  • It could be whatever starter. I did one once with a Caterpie starter, and I adored it.

And it could be wherever. I'm srsly craving this.

Strikit

Years
  • If you need a beta reader I'd be glad to volunteer.

Kay, it's decided. Though I may not always be the most organized RP God I'm going to start a chapter-based adventure RP. It will be past-Hoenn style. This means there will be wild Aerodactyl, Kabuto, Omanyte, Lileep, and the like. But there will be no Magnemite, 'ton, or 'zone, and neither Electrode or Voltorb. Basically nothing technology based.

No electricity, and the most innovative thing is going to be a medium box-sized device that sucks in Pokemon, like a Pokeball. The details will be kept secret so as not to have plagiarism.

But there you have it. It's being written up now, and all who crave adventure RPs, I shall be the savior. And it's not as though I can't involve myself. I'll just have to be careful not to get biased.

Last edited:
    Back