• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrh25

New account soon.
Years
  • My jaw just dropped when I thought of Kyogre coming in crashing through under the sea, Groudon busting through a wall, and Rayquaza blasting through the skies with a face-on view of him, then zooming straight into his face.

.....daaaaaamn

I love Hoenn and I'll be dissapointed if theres no remakes <3

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Will the R/S remakes be made (and will they be DSi/3DS exclusive)

If the title of this is too long to be shown, it should be:

Will the R/S remakes be made (and will they be DSi/3DS exclusive)

An Emerald remake would also be nice, of course, but since there was no remake of Japanese Blue, Yellow, or Crystal, it would be unlikely that Emerald would get a remake unless the presence of both Magma and Aqua changes that.

A reason for DSi/3DS exclusivity (is that a word?) would be to stop owners of the Phat or Lite to import mons from the original R/S to the remakes (which would be useful due to Gen III Zigzagoon having only Pickup as an ability.)

kokopuffchan

a s h e n
    Years
  • i really hope they make a r/s remake. i never liked emerald, but i loved ruby and sapphire. the storyline was great. the game was fun. i loved everything about it. <3
    but if they make it for DSi i will scream. i bought GBA for pokemon. i bought DS for pokemon. i am not getting a DSi for no reason, as my DS works just fine <3.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I personally think it's way too early to make a remake of R/S/E. In years and because it was only one console ago.

how many consoles ago doesn't matter. It's years and generations. It's been 7 years since Gen 3 came out, and I'm sure in another 3 years somebody born 7 years ago will start playing pokemon games (if not now)..Well that's besides the point, if things go like they have with FR/LG and HG/SS then we will see a RSE remake in gen 5. I don't think they will come out though for at least another 3 years (maybe 4). Black and white, the follow-up to black and white, and maybe a new PMD/Ranger game will come out before the RSE remakes do. I think they will be this generation though. We already can obtain Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh pokemon due to the HG/SS remakes and w/ them taking the GBA slot out for good we'll more than likely see RSE remakes coming soon to make all pokemon created obtainable.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • Not really. Gen III still holds up graphically and musically as a pretty solid game. Plus they don't have the battery failures of Gen II and the horrible graphics and comparatively short story of Gen I.

In another 10 years, they'll definitely do remakes. Though what they can add to stop Hoenn from sucking is going to take up a good three cartridges.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    right now, its too early. we need a handfull of other features to offer before we should seriously consider this. caaaalm down people.

Fli

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    I suspect they will be remade (hopefully for the 3DS because of how much better they could be done) for the money and, as PiPVoda said, we need the Hoenn region on a DS.

But, there is still the argument that gen I and II were remade because they had no compatibility with the newer gens at all. Also, what about FR/LG? (I know there was Kanto in HG/SS and we can get all the pokemon, but it really isn't the same.) Do you remake a remake?

So, in review/summary: Will they remake Sapphire, Ruby (or Emerald- I think it was different enough with the two evil teams and all)? Yes, most likely; For 3DS? Ummm, maybe? It would be cool though.

Also, (sorry for my rant, I just want to point out something real fast) how do we know this remaking games is a set pattern? Two remakes that have other reasons as to why they could have been remade do not a set pattern make. We (I'm including myself because I know I do this too) try to force pokemon into nice patterns and real world things (every pokemon is based off of some animal, every place comes from somewhere in the world, nothing can be pulled straight from imagination); Pokemon is still a game and does not have to follow all (or any) of our world's rules. /rant Thanks:D

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I'll so stab Nintendo if they ever make it DSi-exclusive.

Don't worry it will probably only be on the 3DS. Considering an RSE remake is at least a good 3-4 years away the 3DS will have firmly established itself as the 'now' system. Sorry DS, buddy o-pal, your days are limited.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • why remake R/S? I think Gold and silver is as far as they should go. Beside Generation 3 is still useful with the Migrate ability

Yeah, currently with the DS Lite, but once that becomes outdated, with the Dsi, Dsi XL, 3DS, ect. there wont be any compatibilty for GBA games.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
  • A lot of people are saying that they wouldn't want one because they didn't like the original R/S/E... However, if they remade them, they could fix those faults. If they do remake them, however, I'd like them to handle it in much the same manner as HG/SS; at their core, they'd be remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, but they'd have lots of references to Emerald.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • A lot of people are saying that they wouldn't want one because they didn't like the original R/S/E... However, if they remade them, they could fix those faults. If they do remake them, however, I'd like them to handle it in much the same manner as HG/SS; at their core, they'd be remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, but they'd have lots of references to Emerald.

Yeah, they can also add new features, like they did in HG/SS they also inserted the features from Crystal into HG/SS so they would probally do that with a R/S remake.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back