• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • The cool thing about this is that we would most likely get all three legendaries and have a story like that of emerald is what i'm expecting, rather than just mascot+rayquaza like in the original RS. Kyogre coming out of the sea would look much cooler than Lugia out of the waterfall in SS, as we would most likely have better graphics then what we did with HGSS...ah can't wait...

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm quite sure! There will be the 3rd Gen remakes! Who knows, 3rd gen also had a Remake of 1st. To me, If the 3rd gen RSE won't compatible anymore to the 5th gen so as FRLG, Then why not FireRed and Leafgreen remake too? That's why I think there might be a chance we're getting two Generation remakes. 3rd and 1st! That's what I think in my mind, We'll just have to wait...

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I would love to see an Emerald remake. Having both Aqua and Magma competing against each other and you, as well as the Battle Frontier, was amazing :D I'd love to see it rendered nicely for the DSi/3DS systems. :]

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • well maybe more Touchscreen feature like HGSS such as :
    -Bottom Screen menu.
    -Mini Games. RSE sure had a lot in the Game Corner.
    -Pokemon Follow us.
    -Maybe like Pokeathlon appear in the Game! :D

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • This Suicune™ guy tells that there's a Hint of 3rd gen remakes. I can see his point and it does make sense. To me the Hint is the characters.
    Cloth

brendan6.png

Both has a similar cloth to me. though the 5th gen male has Blue and Brendan has Red colors.

Symbol
    brendan5.png

Both has also a similar Symbols on their hat. Though Brendan only show the symbol half. But still similar.

That's just my thought! I don't know how people think the same like me or not. But to me those similarity is sure giving me Hints that we'll getting a similar systems like 3rd gen and also 3rd gen to remake.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2011
    After Black and White...

So far in the every Generation, there has been a new batch of pokemon introduced in a new game, and a remake of that game. It's been happening ever since the 3rd gen. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald was the new and FR/LG was a remake of the old. Same with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and HG/SS.

So what are they gonna remake now?

Personally I think a remake of the Hoenn region in 3D design similiar to the screens seen in the 5th gen is next.

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    I was hoping first for a remake of Kanto, you know the originals, but maybe add to the storyline, where you are able to go to Hoenn, meet May and Brendan and whatnot. I think that kind of game would be great.

Years
  • Hmmm... It will inevitably happen and though remakes of 2 of the greatest pokemon games would be much appreciated i personally think they should try to come up with more original storylines as the outcome of a R/S/E remake would be somewhat predictable.

Years
  • I was hoping first for a remake of Kanto, you know the originals, but maybe add to the storyline, where you are able to go to Hoenn, meet May and Brendan and whatnot. I think that kind of game would be great.

But they've already remade Kanto twice - once in FR/LG, and then again in HG/SS. :|

I would love to see a Hoenn remake. There's so much hate for that Region in the fandom, but it's one of my favourites...even though I hated the graphics of R/S/E. :]

Last edited:

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Ruby and Sapphire will most likely be remade next (and I can't wait, because I would LOVE to see Hoenn in 3-D!). ^^ And then after that, a new region will be made.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • But they've already remade Kanto twice - once in FR/LG, and then again in HG/SS. :|

I would love to see a Hoenn remake. There's so much hate for that Region in the fandom, but it's one of my favourites...even though I hated the graphics of R/S/E. :]

I'm not agreeing with what you said.
    They remade HGSS according to GSC, and in GSC there's a "few years later from RBY" Kanto, so of course it's added in.

And I will say the next remake is Hoenn.
    They won't remake a remade.

Years
  • I'm not agreeing with what you said.
    They remade HGSS according to GSC, and in GSC there's a "few years later from RBY" Kanto, so of course it's added in.

And I will say the next remake is Hoenn.
    They won't remake a remade.

Mmm, true, but I was making the point that there are now three generations of games featuring Kanto, so it would be nice to see the other regions catch a break. Or some brand new ones. But preferably, Hoenn!

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I would love a Ruby/Sapphire remake. Hoenn was the region with the most diverse and beautiful terrain, and the GBA graphics never really did it justice.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    I would love a Ruby/Sapphire remake. Hoenn was the region with the most diverse and beautiful terrain, and the GBA graphics never really did it justice.

^ That's what I think. R/S/E were the best games in the series. But... I don't know, it would look much better on the DS. (duh)

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I personally would like to see a remake of Hoenn, despite it perhaps being my least favourite region. But that doesn't say much, since I loved them all, and spent many happy hours in Hoenn, along with some of my favourite Pokémon coming from Gen III. But if I had to list them in order, Hoenn would be at the bottom.

Whether its necessary or not remains to be seen, but they'd be stupid not to, really. Especially considering the extra money they'd make.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • im guessing they will release remakes of r/s/e. i would really like it if they made a remake of the 1st generation for the ds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back