• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    B/W's season mechanic wouldn't work due to Hoenn's tropical climate.
    Instead, it could have wet and dry seasons.
    Just like the current season mechanic, it could alternate between the two.
    For example:
    April - Wet Season
    May - Dry Season
    June - Wet Season
    July - Dry Season
    ...And so on.

Well i dont know how they can keep going they are running out of ideas for the pokemon.
    They're not running out of ideas. If anything, the artists they hire for each generation are getting more imaginative.

i felt they just looked at past pokemon and changed the design for example, oshawott looks like a spinoff of piplup.
    Piplup is a penguin, Oshawott is a sea otter.

Like I said would be a very bad business descision (losing money as well as potential fans, plus, pokémon is one of the best selling video game franchises.) for them to not remake R/S and make a gen VI.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Like you said personal opinion, i feel they didnt give much thought this gen. The gens before hand had better ideas i have people that agree with me.
    I know their different animals but they are similar in the way they are shown, when i first saw oshawatt i instantly thought it looks like how piplup was drawn. Again people agree with me.
    I do like your idea about weather, they could have different pokemon appear in each.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Like you said personal opinion, i feel they didnt give much thought this gen. The gens before hand had better ideas i have people that agree with me.
    I know their different animals but they are similar in the way they are shown, when i first saw oshawatt i instantly thought it looks like how piplup was drawn. Again people agree with me.
    I do like your idea about weather, they could have different pokemon appear in each.

Im not trying to bash you or anything, but could you give a list i interested in what you thought was under thought in the games development.

On a different note, I hope that N has a pretty cool story when he appears in the game. I just dont want him to be like Cynthia in B/W and battles you once then thats it. I want a type of post game quest involving him

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Dive was re-introduced in BW, I think that has SOME sort of indication towards an RSE remake giving that it was first introduced and only exclusive to RSE.

I do also think they will implament seasons and hopefully day & night which wasn't previously in RSE, it really does need a makeover and a remake would bring just that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    I doubt it will be done, although I hope it will.
    As the remakes that have happened so far, are remakes of games that only had black and white colors.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • If they are going to release it in January like FR/LG we should get news anytime this
    month since they release a game after 5 months from the announcement.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Well in japan they are releasing three volumes in one for R/S so maybe thats what we are going to get. They come out there next march. This also means this is a posibility of R/S/E remakes. Which would come out in march like normal games maybe?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    I have no idea im just taking a guess. The only thing that is certain is the volumes of pokemon adventures. R/S is the only volumes so far that they are releasing like this. The skipped over R/B/Y and G/S/C. Thats why i think this is a hint at remakes of the games. Then i say march for the games to come out because most of the pokemon games come out in march that are in the main series.

I made a mistake i misread the date i thought it said 2012 but it was this march. But for them to start with r/s on this might still hint to game remakes.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • There will always be new Pokemon games. The real question is which console will the next main seris Pokemon game be on? The DS is obsolete now, and even more next year when the next Pokemon games are expected to be announced. They may be re-writting the next games for 3DS.

I don't want this to happen, but Nintendo should make Grey and Aqua/Magma for the 3DS, because that is the only way to Force me to buy one. Nintendo would be stupid not to do so.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • There will always be new Pokemon games. The real question is which console will the next main seris Pokemon game be on? The DS is obsolete now, and even more next year when the next Pokemon games are expected to be announced. They may be re-writting the next games for 3DS.

I don't want this to happen, but Nintendo should make Grey and Aqua/Magma for the 3DS, because that is the only way to Force me to buy one. Nintendo would be stupid not to do so.
    It will be pointless If they make it for the 3DS The graphics wont improve, because the 3rd games always has the same graphics as the tow previous games.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • It will be pointless If they make it for the 3DS The graphics wont improve, because the 3rd games always has the same graphics as the tow previous games.

The 3DS did not exist before, but it does now. Things can change. Fire Red and Leaf Green we're relesed on the DS. Why? Because it not exist yet.

The Nintendo DS is obsolete. It will be even more obsolete this December and March, when we're due for a new game, or an annoucement. I don't think this is an opinion at this point in time.

If the DS is Obsolete, then why put your best selling property on that system? Form the point-of-view of Nintendo, a 3DS release is the strongest marketing decision.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I will say not to remake, cause I would love to spend my money on something new perhaps different story patten and it would be more fun if we were able to change cloths, let pokemon walk with us the one which we like, how about wearing stuffs for pokemon?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It could surprise you, it just depends what extra features they implament, R/S could become a big hit it didn't back then but this might be it's time..

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • You mean like the awesome contests we had back then? D/P took away all the fun by removing combos, jam moves, pokeblock and replacing it with some stupid childish excuse like dancing and baking muffins. Though I suppose the dress up could be a nice addition.

Most of all I miss wallace because He's my pokemon champion idol who inspired me to make my favorite water type team. Steven I guess was okay but I don't care for his design nor most of his pokemon with the exception of metagross and skarmory.

Then there's drake who in my oppinion is a true dragon master (ofcourse coming from someone whos first game was emerald)

Nextly the battle frontier had it all 100% perfect in emerald and should be left almost unchanged for the remake except for music and graphical upgrades.

The pokenav was a stroke of pure genious which has a lot of useful stuff. One upgrade that would be nice is if you could simply call a trainer on it and they will rematch you or something like that.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I made my first post on PokeCommunity in this very thread over six months ago, and six months later there have been no developments. Are they serious? We all know it's going to happen, it's not so much a matter of if but when. Nintendo can make money from it so they'll do it. I just really wish they'd hurry up and announce something. I wish they'd hurry up and get Pokemon Grey out of the way so that we can get back to a decent region. I'm getting very impatient lol.

After all this waiting, it had better be worth it. The 3DS had better not let us down...

Also, this is my 1000th post! \o/ so I thought I'd come back and do it here where it all began! It'd be better if there was more to discuss...

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Why don't you wait and let them make a good game instead.

It's because everyone wants their game right this second is why Black and White are rushed and unfinished. Frankly, people are spoiled by the last three years of back-to-back Pokémon games, but that's actually a very unsustainable rate to make big RPGs at. This is even more important because right now they're throwing away so much of the old engine and redeveloping the game for the 3DS. Do you want another game as underwhelming as Diamond and Pearl?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back